Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556500 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6915 on: September 13, 2013, 07:53:35 pm »

((Problem: Wallyn sells spellbooks. Another problem: Scott will sell us our master's location. Advantage: we will only be hurt with a five if they shoot at us, well, probably...

It would be good for Niklas to be a non-anthropomorphic entity for some time, maybe he can get a kind of advantage from that? Spiky chair-snake, constricting and stabbing stuff at the same time! Bonus points for a spiky tail attack))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: September 13, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

((I could try to be some sort of chair dragon.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: September 13, 2013, 07:57:00 pm »

((Wouldn't you need more chairs for that? Or will you try to break into random houses first to get more?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: September 13, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »

((Wouldn't you need more chairs for that? Or will you try to break into random houses first to get more?))
((Well, how many guards are you guys up against?))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: September 13, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »

[I think 'all of them' is a suitable description right now.

Also, yeah it wasn't that great of an idea. Hm... Morton still has the hate tree branch. Don't know if that's useful, but it really, really messes with stuff given the previous mushroom patch-which-is-probably-a-forest-now-around-an-ever-burning-fire.]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:00:37 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:49 pm »

((Yeah, I'm going chair diplo.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: September 13, 2013, 08:20:43 pm »

((There is a bounty of 10 gold on your head armchair, I think that they will use deadly force on sight. I'm mostly worried on the mages, though.

On a side note, I think that we will end up covering the whole ciy in those mushrooms. And then we will loot the heck out of it))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:32 am »

((There is a bounty of 10 gold on your head armchair, I think that they will use deadly force on sight. I'm mostly worried on the mages, though.

On a side note, I think that we will end up covering the whole ciy in those mushrooms. And then we will loot the heck out of it))
Because that's what adventurers do

wreck everything then loot the remains
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: September 14, 2013, 03:49:41 am »

In a shallow grave...

Kevin, not quite ready to abandon hope just yet, tries his best to leave his earthly imprisonment - however, he finds his efforts stymied by the dirt all around him. He's pretty sure he isn't getting out under his own power, at least not through digging of any description. This, he thinks, is quite saddening. And incredibly boring.

In Undefined Space...

Timothy wonders briefly whether the intruder is actually real. Or threatening, for that matter. He supposes he can always ask.

"Uh... if you wantsta play, is just gotsta ask."

The presence intensifies, growing with every moment until Timothy can pinpoint it exactly - it's right next to him! He looks over to see who it is.

Ah, it looks to be a little girl. A little girl with three faces, sharp teeth in each of her mouths and suspiciously long arms, but a little girl nonetheless. She looks vaguely pleased.

"Who you? Why you playing here?" she says, her three sets of lips emphasizing particular words each as she speaks.

On a strange ship in Shriekpot...

Morton, not having entirely expected the captain to recognize him, tries to think the conversation along.

~You recognize my thoughts? But yes, hello again, I have indeed changed quite... apparently, haven't I? Strange beings do strange things, I've discovered, but I've adapted well to my new form and I find myself to rather like it now oddly enough. Things have been going well on your end I hope?~

~Very much so. Have you had any luck in obtaining transportation? I sail out tonight, and the offer I made still stands.~

At the guard HQ in Shriekpot...

Scott, feeling rather comfortable at the moment, believes he can adopt an appropriately privileged state.

"Before I say anything... any chance for a cup of tea?"

"No, not really," the reception guy says simply.

Some distance away, out of Scott's earshot, Sigmund converses with Carlson.

"May I ask you a question? Do you believe in his words?"

"Nah. Binding doesn't work that way. We actually had a pretty educational seminar about that sort of thing. If you were bound to do all of that, it would require for your master to be in close proximity at all times, and I didn't hear any barking of orders between you all when this happened. I don't doubt somebody instructed you to steal all that stuff, though, and we'll be finding most of that out with the diviner's help. Thanks for playing along, by the way. Saves quite a bit of work for at least one of us. Anyhow, let's get this over with, shall we?" Carlson explains, leading Sigmund into a rather small room where a bored-looking guard wielding a rather wicked-looking saw awaits. The guards poke Sigmund over to a table, where, after relieving him of all of his possessions apart from his clothes, of which they only take off the overcoat, they seat him, placing his left arm on the table and strapping it in snugly.

"So, need something to bite down on or are you good?"

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas supposes he'll make do with thirty kilograms. Sigh.

"How about I set the weight at 30 kilograms, then?"

"Then you only need to submit 60 kilograms of metal to receive the full discount, which would put your chairs at 2 gold and 4 silvers each, 5 gold and 3 silvers total, leaving you with about five kilograms of things to spare. Alternatively, you could choose one sixty kilogram chair and get it for the aforementioned 2 gold and 4 silvers."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: September 14, 2013, 03:54:17 am »

If I upped the weight of the chairs to be 32.5 kilograms, then, would there be any tasks I could perform for you that would be worth 1 gold and three silvers?
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: September 14, 2013, 04:36:04 am »

"I is stuck here!" Timothy announced cheerfully to his new friend, then frowned slightly and remembered his manners.
"Oh, yeah- I be Timothy. What's youse name?"

>Introduce myself to this newcomer, then summon up another pile of blocks for her.

>Then keep working, building something vaguely based on that castle where Bob lived and the surrounding countryside.
Let my new friend join in if she wants, or build something completely different, Timothy doesn't mind. Oh, and pay attention to whatever she says.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: September 14, 2013, 04:55:26 am »

((So. I'm currently stuck in a hole. Any ideas on how to get out?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: September 14, 2013, 04:58:32 am »

Hm.
Really, since you can't dig at all, I dunno.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: September 14, 2013, 06:58:13 am »

"O...kay. Do you happen to have a witness protection program? I am not comfortable about ratting oout on the guy who has complete and utter control over my soul before I can be sure my continued existence."

((Yay, ancronism! And dammit I am screwed as hell. Save my soul damn it!))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:29:06 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: September 14, 2013, 08:54:58 am »

Sigmund told to Carlson:

-Well, I think that I'm going to need something that doesn't break my teeth even more. Wouldn't my lack of some teeth count as something?

[After the obvious no]

-Oh, well, couldn't you use something that could make this quicker? Like, I don't know, a big axe? It's not like I can bleed to death.

Try to not scream, too much

((Shit will certainly happen soon))
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 719