Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557758 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5910 on: July 11, 2013, 05:47:02 am »

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, having explained the path to culinary enlightenment, demands payment! From... uh... the desk thing!

"HELLO THERE FRIENDS I SEE YOU HAVE A DESK DID YOU KNOW MOST PEOPLE KEEP KNIVES IN THEIR DESKS I NEED A KNIFE DO YOU HAVE A CLOSET MOST PEOPLE HAVE A BODY IN THEIR CLOSET AND I NEED A BODY TO MAKE MAGE SOUP MAGE SOUP IS MADE BY TAKING MAGICALLY SPED UP SCARAB BEETLES AND LETTING THEM INGEST THE MAGE THEN YOU TAKE THE CORPSES AND MASH THEM INTO A PASTE AND SWIM DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA TO RETRIEVE THE NOSE OF A DOLPHINSHARK YOU HOLLOW THAT OUT AND SERVE THE PASTE IN THAT RETROACTIVELY TO THE SAME MAGE BY TRAVELING BACK IN TIME SO THEY EAT THEIR OWN CORPSES THUS KILLING THEMSELVES AHAHAHAHA..."

He flops toward the confused Morton, attempting to search the desk! However, he has no hands. This slightly impedes the search, as he can't really pull open a drawer with his current equipment.

"Wha-" Morton observes as he is approached by the creature that he recognizes as... Niklas? "Good Chef Niklas, what happened? What's going on? Are you quite alright? Were you the one singing?"

"SILLY MAGE SHE TOOK MY BODY BUT I WILL TAKE HERS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS..." the fish replies, clearly getting into some kind of cycle.

"Good Chef Niklas, someone took your body? Oh how dreadful, who did it? A mage you say? Hm... I'm not sure I can help you with your weapon problem, sadly, but perhaps we can with the body issue? After all, with the changes the Aspect did, surely it can make a body for Niklas, couldn't it? What do you say, good Chef Niklas, would you like a new body? I think my friend here, good Tailor Craig, can help you with that, if he's alright with that."

"Certainly. More test subjects are always good."

Sigmund, rather bemused by Niklas' strange behavior, backs away and speaks to Red-Chested Elron.

"Seeing as this is likely to end in him with a new body, maybe you want to get yours fixed. It's an interesting experience. There is a realm inhabited with a creature who improves the appearance of everybody who enters. I went myself through it, and I recommend it. That creature can even give you new clothes! So, if you decide to go, just tell good tailor Craig."

"I suppose I could try it, yes."

He taps Tailor Craig on the shoulder.

"'Scuse me, but this guy told me that you can send me to this place where I can be... fixed, sorta."

"I can, yes. Do you want to be sent off?"

"Sure, why not."

"Very well, step over here," Tailor Craig explains, leading Red-Chested Elron a distance away from the rest and drafting up a circle around him.

"Now, remember - suggest to the creature what you want, but don't get snippy. Don't demand."

Red-Chested Elron nods, and Tailor Craig snaps his claw, causing the man to disappear into the pier's surface immediately, at which point the circle disappears as well.

At this point, Mark passes by the group of strangers again, figuring Niklas has them well in hand, so there's no need to worry. He looks around the ship. Ah, looks like there are zero harpoons around that are not tied to the mast. That guy must have taken the other two with him.

Out in front of Purple Pete Petersen's place...

Scott, seeing how this has gone in a 180 degree direction from good, moves to the harbor!

[Movement roll: 5-1]

It doesn't even take too long to reach it! Scott dives right in, extinguishing the flames on him rather nicely. The pitch doesn't quite separate from his body, though.

In a smoking mage's house...

Kevin sits down on the footstool once more and begins a tale.

"Let's start at the beginning. Before I was a skeleton, I even was a jester. A very good one, too! I was allowed to give the king a show personally! But he failed to enjoy it, and thus I became a skeleton. Some time later, I was raised by a necromancer along with a few other undead, and we lived in a house on the outskirts of Shriekpot. It wasn't too bad of a life, but it was a bit boring sometimes. Then a band of mages and some guy that's apparently a demon-but-not-quite came over and turned our master into a blanket and soulbound us. He wanted to go to someplace he called "Horizon Isle", or something like that. So we found a suitable boat and our transmuter turned it into a fine vessel. Then all the mages and our master went to sleep, and me and the other undead roamed around the town. My lower body got blown up and some nutjob tree-headed skeleton turned me into a monstrosity, a freak. I wandered around town pointlessly and encountered some of the other undead, who were talking to a tailor that had managed to get a portal to the "Fabulous Dimension". So I went in, was turned into a man again, and ended up here."

"That's real interesting," says the man, going back to the kitchen and resuming his doubtlessly more interesting watching of pots and whatnot.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: July 11, 2013, 05:58:03 am »

"So, how did you end up here? And what do you do for a living?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: July 11, 2013, 06:51:10 am »

As Elron was not here anymore, Sigmund told Niklas:

-How on Earth did you end up like this, Niklas? Can't you spend one day without destroying your own body?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: July 11, 2013, 07:04:38 am »

((I love how I'm just becoming a Memetic Badass and everyone dreads having to go get my service :D))
Mark gets a barrel fills it with salt water and starts fishing and putting the fish in the barrel.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: July 11, 2013, 07:58:21 am »

Scrub like he's never scrubbed befo-o-o-o-o-rrrrr-e!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:58 am »

As Elron was not here anymore, Sigmund told Niklas:

-How on Earth did you end up like this, Niklas? Can't you spend one day without destroying your own body?
SILLY OLD PERSON THOUGHT I WAS A RAIDER BUT I WAS REALLY A CHEF
SO I WAS SET ON FIRE AND IMPALED WITH MULTIPLE ARROWS
AND MY LEG GOT EATEN BY A FISH AFTER I SUNK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HARBOR
AND THEN THE TREE PULLED ME UP WITH A HARPOON
AND THEN PRESUMABLY WANTED ME TO PAY A TREE TAX OR SOMETHING BECAUSE HE KEPT WALKING AFTER ME WHEN I WENT TO SEE THE MAGE
BEARIN OR SOMETHING
ANYWAY SHE TOOK MY BODY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY MY WEAPONS
THEN I SOMEHOW ENDED UP ON THIS FISH
AND NOW I SEEK REVENGE AGAINST THE MAGE
BRUTAL, GORY REVENGE
IF YOU CAN PROCURE A BODY IT WOULD BE GOOD
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: July 11, 2013, 12:07:36 pm »

BEARIN OR SOMETHING
((This is now canon))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: July 11, 2013, 12:26:08 pm »

Sigmund, horrorized at Niklas' story, said to Craig:

-This individual shouldn't go through the Fabulous Realm. It appears that he got injured, so our transmuter tried to help him, and failed horribly at doing so. And after that our amateur surgeon tried to help him, but apparently couldn't find something better that this sort of monstrous catfish to attach his head to it. So now he wants revenge. Certainly, if he gets out of the realm in a simmilar shape of that guard, there will be problems. I will try to calm things down once I can talk to the transmuter, as this individual isn't on his best moments of sanity.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: July 11, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »

In the home of a smoking man...

Kevin has always believed in informational bartering, and thus takes the initiative, asking questions of his own.

"So, how did you end up here? And what do you do for a living?"

The man doesn't turn to him to answer, but is still rather nicely audible as he mixes the pot a little.

"I didn't end up here. I chose to live here. And I don't do anything for a living - I do things for fun and to further the cause of science. Herb research."

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Since the bandaged guy is gone, Sigmund turns his attention to Niklas fully.

"How on Earth did you end up like this, Niklas? Can't you spend one day without destroying your own body?"

Being judgmental is the spice of life, after all.

"SILLY OLD PERSON THOUGHT I WAS A RAIDER, BUT I WAS REALLY A CHEF, SO I WAS SET ON FIRE AND IMPALED WITH MULTIPLE ARROWS, AND MY LEG GOT EATEN BY A FISH AFTER I SUNK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HARBOR, AND THEN THE TREE PULLED ME UP WITH A HARPOON, AND THEN PRESUMABLY WANTED ME TO PAY A TREE TAX OR SOMETHING BECAUSE HE KEPT WALKING AFTER ME WHEN I WENT TO SEE THE MAGE, BEARIN OR SOMETHING, ANYWAY, SHE TOOK MY BODY AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, MY WEAPONS, THEN I SOMEHOW ENDED UP ON THIS FISH, AND NOW I SEEK REVENGE AGAINST THE MAGE, BRUTAL, GORY REVENGE. IF YOU CAN PROCURE A BODY, IT WOULD BE GOOD," Niklas explains through the mouth of the fish.

Fortunately, Sigmund, rather horrorized by this revelation, as he would put it, understands perfectly what he's supposed to do in such a situation. He turns to the nearby Craig.

"This individual shouldn't go through the Fabulous Realm. It appears that he got injured, so our transmuter tried to help him, and failed horribly at doing so. And after that our amateur surgeon tried to help him, but apparently couldn't find something better that this sort of monstrous catfish to attach his head to it. So now he wants revenge. Certainly, if he gets out of the realm in a simmilar shape of that guard, there will be problems. I will try to calm things down once I can talk to the transmuter, as this individual isn't on his best moments of sanity."

"In a nutshell, don't help the crazy guy in any way. Got it."

As Sigmund considers how to deal with this situation, Mark busies himself with the creation of his very own aquarium. However, he can't seem to find an empty barrel. The ones he can find are full of rather firm sludge, rather unfortunately.

In the waters of Shriekpot's harbor...

Scott tries to remove the terrible, terrible pitch from himself!

[Self-cleaning roll: 3]

Yeah, he's going to need more than just his hands and salt water to get that stuff off, he's pretty sure. On the bright side, though, it's cooled off nicely while he was doing this.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:19 pm »

Scott will swim down and find a really abrasive rock face and free himself of the sludge.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:59:37 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: July 11, 2013, 04:58:35 pm »

Scott will swim down and find a really abrasive rock face and free himself of the sludge.
((I want a six so badly on this))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: July 11, 2013, 05:23:17 pm »

"Oh dear, you said good Mage Erin did this? Surly it was just an accident good Chef Niklas, there's no need to declare vengeance. We can always get more weapons, can't we, good Chef Niklas? If Erin took your weapons and body, can't we just ask her for it back also? Nicely?" Morton tried to play the mediator in this situation. Oh dear, why is it that when he's not around, people get hurt?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: July 11, 2013, 05:23:43 pm »

Niklas, sending his possible new body slipping away from him, takes action.
IF YOU GAVE ME A BODY I WOULD COOK YOU A GOOD DISH AND NOT HARM YOU IN THE PROCESS.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: July 11, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »

Sigmund told to Craig:

-just ignore him, I will see what can I do with him.

Sigmund shoves Niklas to the sea (avoiding his mouh if possible), and says:

-Go kill some fish if you want to murder stuff.

He then looks for Mark and introduces his new self:

-Hello Mark! I'm new Sigmund. I found a demonologist which could help us, he even made me look like this. On the other hand, Morton is a desk now. Anyway, there is an urgent problem here: Niklas lost his body, apparently due to Erin, and now wants revenge. I just came here to tell you that unless he dissents from that, you should not give him a new body. By the way, and between us, his head attached to that catfish looks hilarious.

Sigmund then looks if his master is awake.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: July 11, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

Niklas quietly begins plotting his revenge.
Again.
Follow them from a fair distance back.
On land.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 719