Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557752 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5895 on: July 10, 2013, 03:32:38 pm »

((Well, yes, but don't say how you ended up being a desk. I have the sensation that it would be discouraging for him))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: July 10, 2013, 03:48:19 pm »

[From the guy's reaction, I'm guessing he's used to seeing weird stuff like talking desks. Or good at hiding surprise, one or the other, he is a conman after all. Will do though, won't mention it.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: July 10, 2013, 05:43:34 pm »

In a slightly less foggy cabin in the woods...

Kevin decides to potentially give his newly-obtained vocal apparatus a good workout.

"It's a long story, really. You see, I used to be a skeleton. May I sit down?"

The fellow smirks, puffing his three pipes all at once.

"Oh, you hardly need to ask, buddy. My house is your house. Well, as long as you don't go into the pantry. That's where I keep the herbs, and that's off-limits. Can't let you mess up the system I've got there. Otherwise, do as you will."

Oh. That's good, Kevin guesses.

At Purple Pete Petersen's place...

Scott hates being dismissed like some sort of unimportant fellow nobody likes! It reminds him too much of his general status as an unimportant fellow nobody likes! And he can't have that. This house is going down.

[Pyromaniac destruction roll: 1]

He lights up one of his firebombs and tries to hurl it at the house! However, he forgets to let go in time! This results in him getting pitch all over his poor, unfortunate legs, creating a rather sizable fire!

[Fire control roll: 1]

Scott then proceeds to explode into flames! He attempts to stop, drop and roll, but only manages to land right on the rest of his firebombs, which also are set on rather terrible fire! All of him is soon on fire most terribly, even good ol' Gary! Scott shrieks and tries to put himself out, but the pitch is too flammable and sticky to get out of his clothes comfortably!

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, realizing that whatever sort of monkey business is at play here, Scott's probably involved, so it's in his interest to either stay out of it entirely or find out more about it to avoid it more effectively. After a moment, he chooses the second option.

"We don't have any business in which we need help, just maybe information on some things. You mentioned that someone with a woman's jaw promised money o your person, what did you give him in exchange?"

"Oh, I gave him directions to this one guy's place. I couldn't help the fella myself, you see, but I could point him to someone who could. So I said to him, I'll point him to the guy for ten coppers, he promises me that and five gold on top. If that's not fishy, I don't know what is. Still, figured maybe this 'sergeant' of his, the Artiste, might actually give me something, so I came over here anyway, maybe find out more about the guy beforehand. Seemed pretty unstable to me, so thought I'd be able to avoid him better in that case."

Ah, a man after his own heart. How nice. As Sigmund processes this information, Morton gets words of his own in edgewise.

"You have my sympathy, Sir Elron. Although I may not look like it now, I too suffered from horrific burn, it killed me even, to be frank. I'm glad to hear that they don't bother you much now, and I wish you luck in your endeavor for a lifemage. It is a pleasure to meet you for sure, my name is Carter Morton, butler by trade, although most just call me Morton."

"Killed, you say? So, you were what, brought back from the dead? As a desk? Does that happen often?"

Suddenly, the singing stops. Instead, it now sounds like a rather insane reading from a lunatic's cookbook. Wherever it's coming from, the present people sure are glad they are at a respectable distance from it.

However, their gladness does not last, as soon Niklas arrives at the gangplank, somewhat confused about all these weirdos and a desk hanging around. He still continues his catfish-assisted explanation, though.

"-AND THEN YOU FILL THE INTESTINES WITH MEAD! THERE! NOW YOU HAVE MEAD-FILLED SEAL INTESTINES IN UNDER FIVE MINUTES! ENJOY! ENJOY, I SAY!"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark closes in on his quarry, hoping to corner the fellow.

[Mark stealth vs. Scrawny Dude perception: 3-1 vs. 6]

This time, though, the guy seems him coming from quite a distance away. Probably because he's a tad paranoid now. Upon noticing the hunter of men in the street, he once more runs!

[Scrawny Dude escape roll: 6]
[Mark pursuit roll: 2+1]

You know, it's at times like these that Mark really wishes he could have adrenaline, if it could make a man run like that. That guy's quick as the wind. Possibly quicker, actually. Before Mark even knows it, the guy's woven through so many alleys, Mark couldn't follow him even if he could catch up to him. Damn it, this guy. This guy. It's ridiculous.

In the ghostly catacombs...

Darren, since his head is already poking through the door, takes a moment to appreciate the view, sizing up the nice lady.

"Oh, hello. Sorry to barge in, but I'm looking for an artifact. Crown of Flowers?"

Though Darren can't tell much about her intentions just from her bearing, he can say that she's rather decent-looking - her features are unusual, and she is most certainly not classically attractive, but the slight strangeness of proportion in her face and body gives her no small amount of charm.

"Oh dear, that's in the depths. The farthest depths, maybe even deeper. You shouldn't leave the town, it gets pretty strange deeper in. Crazies all about. Better stay here in town, really. Much safer. Much more pleasant company," she answers, smiling at Darren with the last bit.

"But oh, how untoward of me. I'm Karina, and this is my home. Who might you be?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: July 10, 2013, 06:22:13 pm »

Niklas seems overjoyed at the sight of these new people! He flops toward them, presenting a rather nightmarish sight as the catfish spews his insane gibbering out of his mouth as the thing that was once Niklas approaches. 
HELLO THERE FRIENDS I SEE YOU HAVE A DESK DID YOU KNOW MOST PEOPLE KEEP KNIVES IN THEIR DESKS I NEED A KNIFE DO YOU HAVE A CLOSET MOST PEOPLE HAVE A BODY IN THEIR CLOSRT AND I NEED A BODY TO MAKE MAGE SOUP MAGE SOUP IS MADE BY TAKING MAGICALLY SPED UP SCARAB BEETLES ABD LETTING THEM INJEST THE MAGE THEN YOU TAKE THE CORPSES AND MASH THEM INTO A PASTE AND SWIM DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA TO RETRIEVE THE NOSE OF A DOLPHINSHARK YOU HOLLOW THAT OUT AND SERVE THE PASTE IN THAT RETROACTIVELY TO THE SAME MAGE BY TRAVELING BACK IN TIME SO THEY EAT THEIR OWN CORPSES THUS KILLING THEMSELVES AHAHAHAHA

Flop toward victims friends. Forcefully search desk for knives.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:24:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:41 pm »

"Wha--" Is pretty much all the poor desk could get out as it was heavily distracted by the giant catfish that seems to have Niklas' head on its body. "Good Chef Niklas, what happened? What's going on? Are you quite alright? Were you the one singing?" Morton was thoroughly confused, unaware he was about to get searched.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: July 10, 2013, 06:30:44 pm »

The Niklas thing continues flopping toward him, yelling, SILLY MAGE SHE TOOK MY BODY BUT I WILL TAKE HERS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS SHE TOOK MY WEAPONS, repeating the last bit endlessly.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: July 10, 2013, 06:40:00 pm »

[Alright, so, crazy idea... You think we can Fabulous Niklas up into some kind of walking weapon? Think that might fix his brain, to become one with the weapon?]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: July 10, 2013, 06:40:55 pm »

[Alright, so, crazy idea... You think we can Fabulous Niklas up into some kind of walking weapon? Think that might fix his brain, to become one with the weapon?]
(If you can turn Niklas into the Shrike that would be the best thing ever.)
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: July 10, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

Mark returns to the group and seeing Niklas yelling at a group of people walks by and fetches a halberd one not attached to the mast.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »

Mark returns to the group and seeing Niklas yelling at a group of people walks by and fetches a halberd one not attached to the mast.

Do you mean a harpoon? Gotta ask, you see.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: July 10, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »

The desk stayed where it was, wondering what got into the poor chef, not thinking he'd do anything untoward to him. "Good Chef Niklas, someone took your body? Oh how dreadful, who did it? A mage you say? Hm..." Morton pondered, not seeing his possible peril at the hands of someone he considers a friend. "I'm not sure I can help you with your weapon problem sadly, but perhaps we can with the body issue? After all, with the changes the Aspect did, surely it can make a body for Niklas, couldn't it?" The desk directed the last part to Craig. "What do you say, good Chef Niklas, would you like a new body? I think my friend here, good Tailor Craig, can help you with that, if he's alright with that."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: July 10, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »

Sigmund backed away from Niklas, and told Elron:

-Seeing as this is likely to end in him with a new body, maybe you want to get yours fixed. It's an interesting experience. There is a realm inhabited with a creature who improves the appearance of everybody who enters. I went myself through it, and I recommend it. That creature can even give you new clothes! So, if you decide to go, just tell good tailor Craig.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:06 pm »

Do you mean a harpoon? Gotta ask, you see.
*Facepalm* Yes yes I did.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: July 11, 2013, 02:19:01 am »

Run into the harbour waters, Pitch floats!

(Gods dammit!)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: July 11, 2013, 05:26:14 am »

((WALL OF TEXT HO!))

Kevin sits down, waits for the owner to come over and starts explaining.
"Let's start at the beginning. Before I was a skeleton, I even was a jester. A very good one, too! I was allowed to give the king a show personally! But he failed to enjoy it, and thus I became a skeleton. Some time later, I was raised by a necromancer along with a few other undead, and we lived in a house on the outskirts of Shriekpot. It wasn't too bad of a life, but it was a bit boring sometimes. Then a band of mages and some guy that's apparantly a demon-but-not-quite came over and turned our master into a blanket and soulbound us. He wanted to go to someplace he called "Horizon Isle", or something like that. So we found a suitable boat and our transmuter turned it into a fine vessel. Then all the mages and our master went to sleep, and me and the other undead roamed around the town. My lower body got blown up and some nutjob tree-headed skeleton turned me into a monstrosity, a freak. I wandered around town pointlessly and encountered some of the other undead, who were talking to a tailor that had managed to get a portal to the "Fabulous Dimension". So I went in, was turned into a man again, and ended up here."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 719