Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557546 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5595 on: June 26, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

[Ah, right, forgot. Man, just wait until someone throws a whole bunch of stuff at you and you have to count it compulsively.]

Morton will nod, taking it along with him then. "Very true, good Sir Sigmund. Now then, I believe Sir Mark would be somewhere in town, although where I can't fathom... The ship would be a good place to check first, I believe." The burned butler nodded, then started to lead the way to the ship for Sigmund.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: June 26, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

((I didn't mean to say that offensively, sorry bro))

Sigmund will follow Morton but stay away from Mark.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »

[Nah man, not offended or anything, I was thinking of all the vampire penalties and worded that weirdly because of being tired. It was meant to be a comment about how I haven't seen that yet, and who knows what other crazy stuff you might have to put up with. Like, can you cross running water? That might be detrimental to the bath or ocean voyage thing.

EDIT: Ah, well, quick check says you can't. Man, all those penalties, its kinda funny. Although it does make me question how that will effect the sea voyage...]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:22:58 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: June 26, 2013, 04:25:53 pm »

((I don't know if sea counts as running water. Rivers do, because they flow in a direction, but I think oceans don't go into that category. if not, I'm utterly screwed))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: June 26, 2013, 04:33:58 pm »

[Yeah, I'm really not sure either. When we get back to the ship, you should really ask Art about vampires and stuff, I think there was an idea to but it was put on the back burner once we figured out the hate tree wasn't because of vampires but because of spite taking physical form.

Hopefully not, else you might have to stay at shore which would stink...

But then again, if we go by letter instead of intent, 'crossing' implies going from one end to the other and technically the ocean has no clearly defined 'beginning' or 'end' so one technically can't 'cross' it. Possibly going from landmass to landmass might count as 'crossing' I suppose however...]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: June 26, 2013, 04:37:54 pm »

((Well, maybe I have some kind of plot-granted inmunity?. I still should ask Art about both vampires, and plants with souls. I want a stone of hate!. Weaponizing bad rolls should be the 1º rule of RTDs))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: June 26, 2013, 04:41:53 pm »

At your friendly neighborhood slaughterhouse...

Niklas tries a different method for door opening. Namely, a helmet-assisted charge at the door lock!

[Strength roll: 5+1]

Taking a few steps back, Niklas charges headfirst at the door, opening it extremely violently and quickly!

[Endurance roll: 2]

He does appear to have slightly snapped his neck in the process, however. He hasn't lost any limb function, though his head is limply hanging on his shoulders right now.

But who cares! He's in a slaughterhouse!

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, cleverly deducing that Mark is a big boy and can take care of himself, walks off to find some sail cloth.

However, he is wildly unsuccessful, as all the sail cloth he can see around is already used for sailing! How terrible! He is at a complete loss on what to do now!

Mark, meanwhile, tries to figure out what he needs for the rituals. Fortunately, there's a rather small space free where he could probably both start a fire and draw a circle of some kind. Still need a victim, though.

[Mark endurance roll: 3]

In other news, Mark feels like he's getting more stupid. Or is it stupider? What was the rule on that again?

Kevin, still feeling rather down on the concept of being a fishing rod, tries to rip it away from himself!

However, it is both spiky and formed out of his spine, so that might not be the best idea. He does, however, unhook himself from the fish easily. Stupid fish with their lack of fingers. When will they learn that pulling will only hurt more?

At an unusually hateful fire pit...

Sigmund, after considering how best to explain his hideous failures to Morton, goes with the straightforward route rather than the far more interesting route of just making stuff up.

"I was looking for some kind of flask or glass to keep the spores in, but I realzed that, as the spores are so small to even see, that wouldn't be useful at all. I also looked for some kind of large piece of cloth that we can use to cover a mature mushroom, so that it doesn't fire spores at us, but I was unsuccessful, too."

He is also struck by another idea.

"While we wait for the fire to extinguish, why don't we take all those spores out of us? It's better to do that sooner than later."

"Sounds appropriate, although it would have to be cold as the spores tend to take to that well. Good thing we're second-chancers, thus rather cold, else they might grow quickly. Do you think we should ask Sir Mark as to how he got his spores off? Ours might prove to be a more durable brand, a simple washing might not suffice... the mixture did respond by shrinking to the dry ice on the ship, although I doubt we would much wish for frost bite all over us to be rid of such a pestilence. In my case, it would be a matter of the end of the world, fire or ice."

Long story short, that is exactly what they resolve to do - ask Mark for advice! After all, he's awfully mushroom-free now. After packing up, among other things, the single remaining hate-branch, Morton's oar and one of the tiny mushrooms, they leave the raging, smoking fire pit in the woods as they return to the ship. They successfully locate Mark, still looking sharp, if unusually wet, looking at a particularly patch of deck on the ship. Sigmund makes sure to stay away just in case.

In a mostly-empty town hall...

Darren, having gotten what he came for, goes to the Tomb of Everything, which is a quaint little establishment opposite the town hall.

He is greeted by a young girl, probably no older than fourteen, dressed in rags. She addresses him in a squeaky voice, her small, ratlike eyes darting around the store (which, by the way, seems to have mostly ancient, indescribable junk in stock) on occasion.

"Hello, ghost! What're you looking for in the Tomb of Everything?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43:54 pm »

Hmm. Maybe I should fix that.
Hold my head straight and search for knives and cleavers!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: June 26, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

Sigmund will look at Mark from the distance wih disdain as Morton speaks with him.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: June 26, 2013, 04:54:44 pm »

Morton was indeed about to speak to Mark, when he got distracted by Kevin. "O-oh dear. What happened to you good Jester Kevin? Are you alright like that? Do you need assistance?" The burned butler asked with worry as he looked at the spiky, mildly terrifying Kevin. Is... Is that a fishing rod in his spine?

The zombie butler coughed, tried to compose himself as he addressed Mark next. "Sir Mark, in our hunt for more of the necrotic paste substance we have deemed that it has come from the Death Mushrooms that inhabit the woods near previous Yaleson Manor. We went to fetch some, but came afoul of the spores, and recalled that you had some grow on yourself, but did not know how you managed to get rid of said growth. If you could perhaps enlighten us, so as to not be a harm to our still-living companions?"

Morton does a quick look around to see if Captain is on the deck.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: June 26, 2013, 05:22:21 pm »

Screw it!
Scott will just steal the clothes of one of his 'cmpanions' for an ignition source, surely an undead monstrosity sees nothing in the sin of vanity?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:17:07 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: June 26, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »

(I have clothes when did I get clothes)
Mark fearing for the tree on his head takes off running back to the village well and leaps down it.

again.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: June 26, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »

Sigmund shrugged after seeing Mark go running:

-We should follow him, I fear that he will get himself killed.

Follow Mark, rescue him from the bottom of the well

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: June 26, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »

"...Well, there he went I suppose. Perhaps he didn't hear us?" The burned butler shrugged, he's not that sure really. He's not sure if the skeleton can... Well, hear really. Or see. Well, he supposes it can since he's seen it react to sights and sounds before, but...

"Now now good Sir Sigmund, surely he has an instinct of self-preservation, I doubt he would kill himself." Morton commented, following Sigmund follow Mark. Aid action in said rescue.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:41:10 pm by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: June 26, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

Sigmund shrugged after seeing Mark go running:

-We should follow him, I fear that he will get himself killed.

Follow Mark, rescue him from the bottom of the well
After the rescue Mark hugs Sigmund
(The power of friendship even between crazy or evil is powerful)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 719