Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557530 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5535 on: June 23, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »

Sigmund smiled at Morton's kind attitude, and replied:

-If it's not a problem for you, I would gladly accept that offer.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: June 23, 2013, 04:08:18 pm »

Scott shall search for flint and steel.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

Niklas walks over to the drunks.

So you like my helmet, do you?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: June 23, 2013, 06:56:56 pm »

At a smoking fire pit of hatred...

"Just grab any object. Those branches, albeit short, may be useful. Would you mind getting one for me?" Sigmund tells Morton.

"Of course, good Sir Sigmund," Morton replies, ripping off three branches, each about a meter in length, then throwing them to Sigmund. "That tree was most peculiar... Even burning it seems to render things an oddity."

"I'm sure that this oddity is was not caused by that tree at all, Morton. As I said, I think that this material melts when exposed to heat, just that. And the mushroom grows at this speed. I can't say that I had expected it all, but it makes sense."

"Hm... Perhaps you are right, good Sir Sigmund, although I query as to how we are to get it near the fire without exposing ourselves to... whatever is going on with the fire. Hm... perhaps I can tie a pot to something long, and use that to send the mushroom along?" Morton muses as he gets the oar into position.

"Maybe we can just thrust a branch into the mushroom and lift it that way? I'm sure that with its growth rate it won't be harmed."

"Indeed."

However, before Sigmund can try to remove the mushroom, Morton addresses an altogether different concern.

"Good Sir Sigmund, after this spot of trouble with the mushroom is over would you like me to fetch you a chair or something perhaps more comfortable to sit on than the ground? You can't seem to stand or walk, and we may be here a while."

"If it's not a problem for you, I would gladly accept that offer."

They nod at each other as Sigmund readies a branch and gets to prying.

However, as soon as the branch touches the mycelium of the dang thing, the mushroom seemingly deflates, producing a brownish cloud around itself that expands rapidly!

[Sigmund dodge roll: 3-1]
[Morton dodge roll: 1-1+1]

Sigmund tries to frantically back away, but he isn't fast enough to dodge the cloud of spores from the mature and very hateful mushroom. Morton, meanwhile, gets quite spooked, accidentally waving the cloud in his direction, then reflexively coughing and stumbling into the thick, brown smoke, which he swears wasn't there a moment ago.

[Morton endurance roll: 5]

He then steps out of the smoke when he realizes it's beginning to produce an incredibly painful searing sensation. Also, he feels a bit infested and violated now, as does Sigmund.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott tries to find something to start a fire with. Fortunately, this being a ship, a tinderbox isn't too far away. And he's pretty sure it works, too! Hooray!

In the mean streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas chooses to approach these kind fellows who complimented him on his headgear.

"So you like my helmet, do you?"

"Actually, yes. It's a rather fine piece of work, and we can certainly appreciate that sort of thing. Not to mention it's the sort of scary-looking thing more sailors could use in their daily lives. Mind if I sketch you?"

"At least you'll finally get a use outta those three years of apprenticing with that guy."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: June 23, 2013, 06:59:39 pm »

No problem. Just draw me with a cleaver and some knives.
Speaking of which, do you know where either a kitchen is or I could gt a cleaver and knives?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: June 23, 2013, 07:05:52 pm »

Morton coughs reflexively, an old instinct from when he was still alive, dropping the oar and grabbing Sigmund off the ground, booking it away to a safe distance. He tries to mentally push away the pain and focus on the task at hand, he can pay attention to the fact that he's in hilarious pain after he gets Sigmund away from the smoke and mushroom.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: June 23, 2013, 07:21:22 pm »

(your going to need !!MEDICINE!!)
Mark heads back to the boat to do some fishing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: June 24, 2013, 12:50:47 am »

((I'll be gone until Wednesday for a school trip, so don't even expect any turns from me))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: June 24, 2013, 01:41:32 am »

Scott shall quickly trawl for a rumour-monger and ask for the whereabouts of their prey.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: June 24, 2013, 05:28:22 am »

Sigmund acccepts Morton's help and says, while coughing:

-I didn't expect the spores to affect us. And it certainly feels bad. I wonder if we could capture them in some way? Maybe we could use a flask and try to put the ones over us inside of it. Do you have any other ideas, Morton?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: June 24, 2013, 06:28:06 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, always ready to be a muse, accepts the man's offer.

"No problem. Just draw me with a cleaver and some knives. Speaking of which, do you know where either a kitchen is or I could get a cleaver and knives?"

"Sure, cleaver and knives. There's a slaughterhouse on the edge of town, big building, just off the main road, can't miss it if you know what to look for - got a great big sign that says "Daniel's" on it. You could try looking for some there, I guess."

He gets out a piece of parchment and a small bit of coal, then produces a rather nice sketch of Niklas, devoting particular attention to the helmet.

"'Kay, thank you for your cooperation. Here's one silver for your trouble," he says, handing Niklas a coin.

At the fire pit of hate and spores...

Morton keeps on coughing, trying to keep the spores out of his airways, then drags the also-coughing Sigmund out of the way of the fire and slightly away from the oar, which he drops on the ground as well. Well, at least he's not inside the smoke anymore. That stuff really burns.

"I didn't expect the spores to affect us. And it certainly feels bad. I wonder if we could capture them in some way? Maybe we could use a flask and try to put the ones over us inside of it. Do you have any other ideas, Morton?"

Morton coughs some more, looking back at the oar. Such an unfortunate happenstance, he thinks.

Elsewhere in Shriekpot...

Mark, guessing that the quest for body parts will have to be put on hold, goes back to the ship. Good, Kevin's still here.

He walks up to the poor skeletal fellow, trips him up, then uses his spiky fishing-rod spine to try and catch something.

[Fishing roll: 6]

Luckily, fish really like human flesh, and there's plenty left over to use as bait. Casting his hook into the sea, Mark soon finds that something seems to have taken an interest! Something large! It bites onto the hook and pulls!

[Strength check: Mark vs. ?: 1 vs. 5]

Large enough to pull Kevin overboard, Mark flying over with him! They both land into the water, with Mark involuntarily letting go of the deformed jester/fishing implement!

[Tree endurance roll: 4-1]

As Mark sinks to the bottom and sees Kevin being helplessly dragged away, he can't help but wonder if this could have gone a bit better. He also feels his precious cytoplasm dehydrate a little.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, noticing Mark fly over the railing of the ship along with Kevin, starts to feel a little concerned.

Reassuring himself that they'll probably be fine for fifteen or so minutes, he looks for somebody to interview on rumors.

However, he realizes that he doesn't really know that many people in town, and just asking random strangers about different random strangers in the middle of the night is probably not the most productive approach one could take in this case.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: June 24, 2013, 06:54:41 am »

Mark fumes going on a little rant "one does not simply take my creations" and at seeing the tree part of him dehydrate  "Suck it up you tree has been trough worse" after the rant Mark runs after the beast and kills it.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:45 am »

((I can almost predict that the RNG has already dug out your grave. A salty grave))

Sigmund, while waiting for Morton's response, will practice using the branches as crutches and try to walk.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:31 am »

((I can almost predict that the RNG has already dug out your grave. A salty grave))

Sigmund, while waiting for Morton's response, will practice using the branches as crutches and try to walk.
((Maybe but I will not abandon a friend anyway if the RNG wants me dead I'm dead might as well go out swinging saving lives also the tree shouldn't have had to roll on the first turn in the water it didn't before))
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: June 24, 2013, 09:55:56 am »

((I just noticed something: that oar with the mushroom could have been used as an insta-kill weapon))
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 719