Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557444 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5325 on: June 12, 2013, 05:26:21 pm »

Sigmund will go to the shop in which he bought the tomahawks.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: June 12, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »

Mark seeing someone else try to figure out the ballista  goes over and trys to figure it out with there help
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: June 12, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »

Morton regarded the sights and sounds of the new ship. "Oh my." He wasn't really sure what else there was to say. ...But a kitchen is a kitchen he supposed. He set the supplies aside, viewing them for a while thinking on how he should do this. Use the last of the precious spring water...? He wants the tea to be convincing. Morton sighed, it almost pained him to do this to tea but it must be done. "You've guided me through my life for quite a while, pull me through this one more time..." The butler spoke to no one in particular as he set about the work.

Finding the closest approximate to an oven, or heat source, or something akin, he gets to heating the spring water, an amount he thinks will approximately fill the flasks and no more. He'll start his tea making magic then, adding the necrotic sludge into the tea in small amounts over the process while stirring the tea to ensure proper dilution.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:17 am »

Cruise (walk) down (in some direction) the strip (quit bland, dull, and lifeless landscape), humming something catchy.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: June 13, 2013, 02:09:49 am »

Scott shall try to examine the machine on deck to see if anyone could launch the barrel into town via ballista.
((Historically, ballistae were also used to throw large stones. :]))
If time, he will try to locate a pitch barrel sitting outside the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: June 13, 2013, 05:46:34 am »

In the woods outside of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to somehow convey the concept of kidnapping and rescue to the assuredly non-chivalrous cats surrounding him!

[Animal Empathy roll: 1-2]

He finds that he is utterly incapable of communicating anything meaningful to the cats aside from a dead-on impersonation of a cat soliciting sex and random meowing. The cats, somewhat creeped out by this step forwards in interspecies relations, quickly vacate the scene.

At the center of Shriekpot...

Sigmund tries to compose himself and try to get over this personal crisis.

[Will roll: 6]

Fortunately, he remembers how to deal with crossroads. Close your eyes and move along until the problem is solved. Though he bumps into a wall, he eventually finds his way to a straight street. Now to find Gunther Gunnarson's shop.

He does indeed find it! Gunther appears to be currently packing his stuff in for the night.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Back at the ballista, Mark resumes his attempt to decipher the siege engine's method of operation together with the equally perplexed Kevin. Together they are the skeletal siege team!

Cooperation really does make the entire thing work better, as the two of them can both comfortably lift the ballista and even load it! If they had ammo, that is. But they can prime it at least! And then fire it a few times, which results in absolutely nothing happening. But the string makes a nice twanging sound when they do that, so it's all good. They then aim it at a nearby building and proceed to imagine the carnage that would result. It's glorious.

Meanwhile, Scott disappointedly shakes his head. The ballista, sadly, is too small to launch an entire barrel of disgusting sludge. He'll probably have to use something else. Better look for a barrel of pitch around the area.

He finds several barrels on the dock, though he can't really tell if any have pitch in them - some sound empty, others are full, yet tightly sealed. Guess they don't want whatever's in them exposed to the elements and thieves. How unwise of them.

In the kitchen of the ghost ship...

Morton, rather put off by the new look of the ship, sets about his lethal cookery. Time to make some deadly poison, he thinks. And for this, he'll need to sacrifice his dearest possession. Evil works best in those cases, after all. So he steps over to what he guesses is a stove of some kind and sets about making tea with the paste.

[Teamaking roll: 2+1]

Though the tea is undoubtedly nice with the spring water, Morton finds that adding the paste makes the entire thing a bit thick. Less thick than the paste initially, but becoming thicker with heat. It's an interesting reaction, Morton finds. But it is unlikely that what he has obtained is likely to be confused with tea. Some sort of sandwich spread, yes, but not tea. He also isn't sure how the dilution and the thickening from heating has affected the necrotizing properties, but it is unlikely to have had a positive effect. Mind you, it should do something, it's just a question of how well.

On a wet and miserable plain...

Darren, determined to escape the incredibly depressing surrounding landscape, begins to cruise down the strip while humming a tune from a bygone part of his unlife. He picks a direction and sticks to it, cruising for several hours until he notices something in the distance. Looks like a village of some kind - a set of wooden buildings encircled by a wooden palisade, and the entire thing seems to be located right next to an oddly-shaped river valley on an equally odd hill. The snaking river appears to have gone around the hill, meaning that the hill is surrounded by water from three sides.

From this distance, Darren can see some people fishing in the river and smoke coming from several houses, and the sound of a group of people singing from beyond the palisade.

Looks like he's found civilization.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: June 13, 2013, 05:56:00 am »

Scott will go and find some sealable clay pots, crack open the lids of the full pitch barrels and fill the pots with the black sticky gold.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:54:53 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: June 13, 2013, 06:26:19 am »

Mark puts down the ballista and takes Kevin with him in looking for ammo
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: June 13, 2013, 07:08:48 am »

Sigmund hurried to talk to the shopkeeper:

-Are you closing? Would you care to attend to one last customer?

[If affirmative]

-My friend is really happy with those tomahawks I bought here, so happy that he wants to take me in a hunting trip with him! Unfortunately, I have no weapon of any sort, but he was to kind to lend me his crossbow. Sadly, he doesn't have any bolts left. Do you sell crossbow bolts?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: June 13, 2013, 07:33:19 am »

Kevin, noticing that him and tree-head share at least some intrests, goes along with Mark.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: June 13, 2013, 08:32:50 am »

Kevin, noticing that him and tree-head share at least some intrests, goes along with Mark.
((hey want some !!FUN!! I'm sure we can find something to splice with you))
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:12 am »

((hey want some !!FUN!! I'm sure we can find something to splice with you))
((Kevin does not approve.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: June 13, 2013, 09:51:59 am »

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Scott, assuming that the barrels on the pier do indeed contain pitch, goes to look for some clay jars, preferably ones he can seal, to create more weapons for the glorious war effort.

Unfortunately, none are around that he can see. Looks like people keep their jars pretty secure in this town. Scott may require to get crafty.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark puts down the ballista, letting it rest on the deck, then goes off to look for some fun things to launch with it. Kevin, interested in the procurement of ammo for this nifty new toy himself, joins the tree-headed monster-thing. Together they quest for goods!

To this end, they wander into town and look for a good place that bolts or something are kept. Once they reach an adequately fortified-looking tower, they pronounce it to be an armory and try to break in. They get a reasonable amount of the way through assessing the door's durability when the head of an elderly woman pokes out of the tower's third floor window.

"Ah. Strange people at my door. Better reward them." she says in a complete deadpan tone. The head then disappears back into the tower window.

At Gunther Gunnarson's stand...

Sigmund approaches the all-purpose smith and hawker to pester him for a few bolts.

"Are you closing? Would you care to attend to one last customer?"

Gunther, up to that moment completely at peace, seems to come alive.

"Certainly! You've come to the right place once again. I am glad. How can I help you?"

"My friend is really happy with those tomahawks I bought here, so happy that he wants to take me in a hunting trip with him! Unfortunately, I have no weapon of any sort, but he was so kind as to lend me his crossbow. Sadly, he doesn't have any bolts left. Do you sell crossbow bolts?"

"Yes. Sadly, though, my selection of them is at a bit of a low point lately, though I've still got perfectly serviceable ones around - they'll punch through most things you might want to hit on an animal without issue, and they are the choice of many hunters in the area - one copper per twenty bolts, a very low price for the quality you get, I would say!"

He produces a pack with 100 bolts in it and places it on a white sheet.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:26 am »

((Harry, how many copper coins do I have? Because I'm really cheap and I don't want to use the gold coin, hehe))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: June 13, 2013, 10:12:45 am »

((Harry, how many copper coins do I have? Because I'm really cheap and I don't want to use the gold coin, hehe))

Three. Luckily, you did not get mugged by the guards for anything but your weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 719