Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557431 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5280 on: June 10, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »

[Question would be how to turn Scott into such. I mean, the sludge was made by taking some kind of tree's bark and boiling it. Knowing this game, it might not of even been a tree's bark, it could of... Been... Dammit, Morton boiled those Death Mushrooms, didn't he?]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:25 pm »

((I go to bed and you guys make a epic plan and my work is as good as a life mages  :D))
The plan is good Mark helps in any way possible
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: June 11, 2013, 12:57:29 am »

[Question would be how to turn Scott into such. I mean, the sludge was made by taking some kind of tree's bark and boiling it. Knowing this game, it might not of even been a tree's bark, it could of... Been... Dammit, Morton boiled those Death Mushrooms, didn't he?]
((Kevin collected the bark that you then boiled into tea, IIRC.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: June 11, 2013, 01:04:42 am »

[Yeah, but considering people can confuse wild bears for hairy people, I don't want to assume it might of just been bark.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: June 11, 2013, 01:10:04 am »

((Niklas thought the bear was a viking not a bear as he was thinking in the terms of his homeland.))
((also I had the mental picture that on the boat trip we will be fishing before Niklas screams out from below "GET BACK HERE" with everyone sighing and Mark facepalming as a human attempts to escape from Niklas soup making "Skills"))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: June 11, 2013, 07:08:48 am »

((I have a better solution to the guard's luck: throw them to the sea. Heavy armor=can't swim))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:11 am »

((I have a better solution to the guard's luck: throw them to the sea. Heavy armor=can't swim))
((I have a plan someone roughs up the victims and then they see me nearby on the edge of the jetty selling medical attention while they are distracted by my medicine the others can sneak up and push them in))
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:47 am »

((What about collapsing the gangplank when they are crossing them?))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:58 am »

((By the way, only Kevin and Morton can probably go back there without being instantly attacked again by the guards.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:06 am »

((They think you were possessed and they did soundly beat you so they probably hold you in contempt also I never touched anyone so they wouldn't hate me.))
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:15 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas coughs out of politeness, then starts to explain his predicament to the Artiste.

"It turns out that the guards at a restaurant the scammer was at were far better at fighting than most. I don't mind being beat by them, they're certainly worthy opponents, but they took. My. Knives. For that I will skin them alive and feed their faces to my cat in front of them. I need you to help me do that."

"Oh, sure. I can help with that."

Morton, meanwhile, examines the ballista. It looks to be functional, if not particularly special in any way.

"Mage Erin, how fares the ship? I can only guess things are going exquisitely well."

"Yeah, they actually are! Cargo hold's shielded, kitchen's done, as is the den, and now y've got a ballista."

Sigmund once again changed in what may or may not be a positive way, takes a moment to thank Erin.

"Thanks, I think."

"You're most welcome, buddy."

"Would these guards be back at the restaurant? Perhaps we can ask for them back? Might be worth a try."

"I tried. Bluffed that I was possessed by a pirate ghost. Bastard let me go, took my knives, and called himself a 'master chef or something'. Said I'd hurt myself with my knives and cleaver. Must. Kill."

Sigmund, listening to Niklas' burning lust for revenge, feels that he must make his opinion clear on the matter.

"Don't you realize that we were almost killed by trying to take out armored guards with kitchen utensils? Are you suicides or what? Maybe undeath had removed the self-preservation instinct from you, but that's not my case. I lost my arms just because I tried to help you. I'm going to tell you one thing: the next time, I won't be there. I don't fight lost battles."

The group stands silent for a bit before Morton speaks up, casting a sidelong glance at the Captain.

"Said you were possessed by a pirate ghost?" he asks with a measure of intrigue in his voice, then pauses.

"Perhaps we can prove to them you were... Or at least, the knives are. If the captain is willing to lend a hand that is."

"Let's hear THE PLAN, then!"

Morton obliges him, and the group listens intently as he details his plan of deception, guile, not a small measure of ingenuity and, of course, pirate ghosts. After a nice round of discussing said plan, hammering out certain details and dismissing the newly-arrived Scott as subtly as possible, the group has really got something going there.

During the negotiations, Sigmund steps over to the intently listening Erin for a moment.

"Would you care to make a kind of weapon useful against armor for us? The incident in the tavern left us quite vulnerable. I don't know, a kind of spear, maybe?"

"Sure, why not."

[Erin magic roll: 6+2]

She outstretches her hand, and the air from a rather wide area above suddenly solidifies as she squeezes it into a fist, forming a rather interesting-looking guisarme that falls out of the sky momentarily, landing in Erin's hands. She inspects it for a moment, then hands it to Sigmund.

Its shaft looks to be made of the same material as the hull of the ship, and the head incorporates both a very sharp spike as well as a rather nasty-looking hook right next to it.

"Hope that works! But I gotta split now, crew quarters are waitin'!" says the transmuter, walking down below decks with Evelyn, at which point the sound of magicking resumes.

Meanwhile, the other members of the Artiste's entourage express their feelings about the plan.

"I could PROBABLY help you! AFTER ALL, there is ABSOLUTELY NO DANGER to me in HELPING YOU. Not that I FEAR DANGER, HAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Seems like a reasonable idea."

"I don't think I'll be volunteering as an exorcist, though. Sounds like it'd get really ugly for me if things went wrong. I'm pretty squishy, don't you know."

On a wet and miserable plain...

Darren realizes that he is alone once more. Luckily, he can fix that fairly easily. On with the golem creation!

[Animate Construct roll: 6]

Forcing his will upon the wet and miserable soil, Darren makes it rise and perform his bidding, forming a vague, though doubtlessly articulate elemental shape ready for his elaborate puppetry! He is no longer alone!

Well, he still is, actually. But at least he doesn't look alone anymore. It's an important distinction. Even though the golem radiates a sense of wetness and misery that resonates well with the surrounding area, it may resemble a person if it tried. And he can make it try if he wants to! Sky's the limit, really.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: June 11, 2013, 09:42:26 am »

Sigmund, happy about his new weapon, walked up to the rest of the group:

-Now I'm ready. Who wants to man the ballista? Maybe Niklas could help with that? Considering that the guards already know about him. About me, well, on the other hand, I should be the backup reinforcement in case things go wrong. But that leaves us the problem of who will be the exorcist.

He then turned to Morton:

-Do you think you could elaborate a convincent lie? Maybe Art could help you with that. But, as far as things go, it seems that you will be the exorcist.

((These are the different plans we have. I ordered them from the less risky to the most risky))
Spoiler: Plans (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:00 am »

[Time to get some work outta those several water flasks I got long ago but didn't do much with. I think some is harboring some left over tea. I can't quite remember, was a while since I used them. I might have enough flasks for one for Morton, and each of the guards.]

Morton turned to the three who responded, first he nodded the Captain. "Any aid rendered would be most appreciated good captain." He then turned to Artiste. "I thank you for your praise Master Artiste, if you like I think we can arrange you a good viewing spot of where the plan will go down from afar." Lastly, the burned butler turned to Art, nodding once more. "Understandable mage Art, if you don't wish to put yourself in harms way we won't force you. I thank you for considering the offer however."

Morton smiled at the mage, then looked to Sigmund. "I can certainly try, I'm indeed hoping that Art would help me with making something of a convincing tale as well, as I'm afraid I don't much know of such things. Also, how many guards were there?" Question asked, he turned once more to the mage, he continued. "If you could help me with such, it would be greatly thanked. I'm not entirely as to the details of such, or what would at least sound accurate. I'd just be posing as an assistant however, so thankfully I wouldn't need knowledge of all matters pertaining to it, just those that a true exorcist would tell their assistant."

Once all the chatting is done, Morton will survey the area around the ship for a likely spot the event can go down in, either a building or alley way that could be in view of the ballista.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:06 am »

Sigmund aswered to Morton:

-They were five of them, all in mail armor and armed with clubs. But, after our defeat there, they now have Niklas' knives, my two tomahawks, I mean axes, and a knife Scott smeared with that black paste. They appear to not care about life, as after seeing some of their comrades dead, they only thoought in looting them.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:41 am »

"Five, thank you Sir Sigmund. If things go well, their armaments won't rather matter." Morton nodded as he rooted around in his large, although not often mentioned, backpack to count exactly how many water flasks he had.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 719