Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557401 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5265 on: June 10, 2013, 02:29:08 pm »

Morton nodded again, something he's been doing quite often now. "Yes, you are right Sir Sigmund. Good Jester Kevin however would work quite well as another assistant to the Possession expert however. I was thinking that perhaps with as expressive as he is, we might be able to get by without actually knowing any details on what we're posing as. Having someone with actual technical information, or at least the knowledge to spin a yarn that sounds right, would be invaluable if Mage Art is interested in our little performance however." For the information on Scott's whereabouts, he pondered. "We will need to locate him it seems. Shouldn't be hard though with all hope."

After Scott's fortuitous appearance however, Morton was much happier. "Well, Sir Scott, with the utmost respect I fear that such a plan might get more than we bargain for after us. Such plans might also be quite time-consuming, both the fire setting and the obtaining of the knives." The butler hesitantly explained, before quickly adding, "That would be a marvelous back up plan though." He hopes he won't have to act on those false words.

[I don't even want to imagine how horrible it will be to try and put this conversation in order. The update might wind up two posts long.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: June 10, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »

[I don't even want to imagine how horrible it will be to try and put this conversation in order. The update might wind up two posts long.

I'm not sure it's strictly necessary to repeat the whole thing, though I will if you guys want me to. It's not like there's any precedent in this game for people sitting down and actually planning something in this RTD. Mostly it's just people storming off on their own or in pairs to their own little adventures, experiencing gross bodily trauma and reconstruction that they survive, then promptly dying horribly to something completely stupid in an anticlimactic fashion when it all goes wrong.

Though admittedly it will make the dialogue flow better if I organize it in one piece.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:57 pm »

((Do as you wish, Harry. I feel no need to put everything in order, but if you want the turn to look good, you can always try))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: June 10, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »

"Well... no one here knew that there were going to be high paid mercenaries at the bar did we? And I am sure my new ...facelift? Will catch on in the future."

He will shake Mortons hand, as well as handing over the paste.
"At least you are polite about the rejection of my 'plan'."

He will look deep in thought for a moment.
"Well, how about getting some of the pitch from the shipyard and making some fire bombs? Perfect for an ambush. There were a few books on such tactics in my library."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: June 10, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

((I would answer but it would be better to let Harry write the turn first))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: June 10, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »

[Wait, you're telling me this is the first time a group of characters put their heads together to try and plot something out in the game? Huh, well I'm surprised.

It's more the same here too with me as it is with Tomcost, I think we've buried Harry in enough talky-talk for this round. Responses will be up next turn.]

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »

Telekinsesis up a dirt golem.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: June 10, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »

(Very first time a lot of people plot and it's for the purpose of retrieving knives.
I love this game.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: June 10, 2013, 05:07:11 pm »

((It's vengance. Nobody really cares for the knives. :P. I'm getting a bit worried about how every action in some days had something to do with vengance))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: June 10, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

[What can we say, those guys took some nice knives from a zombie chef who we like. Whipmen or no Whipmen, enough concentrated hate and plotting will take them out.

I've a theory that this is why no one has killed the Whipman/Whipman-like characters, they require different tactics.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: June 10, 2013, 06:04:39 pm »

(They require tactics period. Standard battle thing for us is 'ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK'.)
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: June 10, 2013, 06:10:42 pm »

[So we just need to attack smarter. Like the poisoned tea, although I doubt they'll all take some sadly. Having the ballista able to fire on them from afar, along with possible fire bombs and ambushes should make them easy to deal with though, hopefully. Maybe rig the place we hold the 'exorcism' to blow, or burn down rapidly once we get outta there with the knives.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: June 10, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »

(It's too bad I don't have my cake bomb anymore.)
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: June 10, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »

[Bah, just had to remind me of poor Squidloon, didn't yah? Truly he was the greatest amongst us.

We can probably rig something akin to that though, maybe. Personally, I'm curious as to if the sludge is flammable, and if so if the smoke works as a minor airborne version of itself. We need to get more of this stuff, as chances are the rest of it is going to be used up with this. Too bad its a several hour trip back to the mansion, by then we'd need to leave.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: June 10, 2013, 06:25:32 pm »

(Everyone else just had the thought of turning Scott into a sludge factory that we use to make a fleet of hot air balloons, right?)
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 719