Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556829 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4200 on: April 20, 2013, 05:36:22 pm »

Niklas, grunting, goes back inside. Facing the mages, he yells, Well, who wants to give birth? Not me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 20, 2013, 06:09:36 pm »

((Well, I will try to invent a name by myself, Harry))

Sigmund apologies and goes back to the Yaleson House

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:30 pm »

[Xantalos, your character never ceases to confuse me, and I find that all the more hilarious. Unless you're doing what I think you're doing, in which case good show and clever idea!]

Morton waits for the strange skeleton to answer his question when Saint Niklas himself showed up and mentioned something about animals. He grew a confused expression on his face, having little to no idea what that might mean. But the burned butler of the tea leaf shrugged. "I'm dreadfully sorry sir, but those are the options I see. Now, I'm afraid I must really make haste, as I don't believe I am wanted in this domicile any longer. Oh to wander the roads, be it a curse or a blessing?" Morton drinks his tea if he has not already, the one he set aside for himself in the kitchen, and then goes on the search for supplies. Being the ex-butler of the house, he hoped this would aid him in his search for a bag of some kind he can sling on his back, a fire poker, and a closeable container that could hold liquids.

If he finds a bag, he will also take some, not all, of the tea making supplies and a pot to boil water in, and if he finds a closeable container that could hold liquids he will fill it with some of the spring water. One must always be prepared for the assaults of the road, and nothing like some tea to make one chipper! The fire poker is for self defense, as while Morton likes to consider himself a peaceable sort, he knows well enough from the example of his old master that others are not as much. Alas, not everyone can be soothed with word and tea. The poker itself is to remind him of what is behind him, a metaphorical burning of his past which also reminds him of the literal burning in past.

Before he heads out, he will approach the strange mage travelers. "I'm not entirely sure what has been done to me, but I can only assume that it is to mean that you are now my current Master. I can only hope that I may serve you better than my old, and that you may treat me better than my old. Before I set out, is there anything you would like me to do? Clean up a little, or perhaps try to brew some more tea before I leave?"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:48:22 pm by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 21, 2013, 02:13:12 am »

Scott ties up the horse so it won't bolt, he then dismounts the rider and rifles through his stuff, no matter how unpleasant it would be.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:47 am »

((In a hole in the ground (un-)lived a zombie... ))
Kevin, seeing that Niklas isn't going anywhere useful soon, follows the second-best option: Morton.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 21, 2013, 02:49:07 am »

In the Yaleson house...

Morton stares at Mark, waiting for some sort of answer.

"I'm dreadfully sorry sir, but those are the options I see. Now, I'm afraid I must really make haste, as I don't believe I am wanted in this domicile any longer. Oh to wander the roads, be it a curse or a blessing?"

Suddenly, Niklas bursts into the house, questions in mind for the mages!

"Well, who wants to give birth? Not me."

Mark immediately raises three fingers.

"Not it."

"Not it!"

"Not me!"

"Hell no!"

Well, that just leaves the golden-robed guy.

"Um... uh... I... can't? Sorry?"

Not a drop of enthusiasm in these people. How dreadful.

Morton, looking at the happenings, decides it to be wiser to ignore them. He sips his tea, enjoying it most profoundly, then looks for supplies for the long and winding road ahead. He remembers Master Gary having a room full of junk back from the times when he liked to go hiking and binding animals to frolic with him in the mountains. Luckily, none of it was thrown out! He goes to the room, fetching a spacious backpack and several water flasks, then going over to the fireplace that nobody's used in 3 years and fetching a fire poker, a brass poker with both a sharp spike and a hook. He also grabs his tea-making supplies and fills the flasks with the great spring water available. Thus prepared for the vagaries of the harsh world outside, he approaches his masters.

"I'm not entirely sure what has been done to me, but I can only assume that it is to mean that you are now my current Master. I can only hope that I may serve you better than my old, and that you may treat me better than my old. Before I set out, is there anything you would like me to do? Clean up a little, or perhaps try to brew some more tea before I leave?"

"Oh, we'll treat you right. Just because someone is your unconditional slave for all time doesn't mean you should always be nasty to them. Right, Bernie?"

Bernie sighs.

"Right."

"As for what we need of you other than a ship obtained, worry not. We'll take care of things on our own for now. Now go on. Amazing adventures, hopefully related to getting us a ship, await you!"

Kevin, seeing that Morton is actually going somewhere, unlike his previously chosen fearless leader, opts to follow him instead, making enthusiastic "let's-go-already" motions with his hands.

In the woods outside of the Yaleson house...

Scott quickly ties up the horse, then tries to pull the rider right off. He is, however, impeded by the fact that the man is tied to the horse rather tightly, which explains how he hasn't fallen off yet.

[Untying roll: 6]

With all the skill of a master sailor, Scott quickly unties the man from the horse and drops him on the ground, then goes through his stuff. He looks to have really been some ordinary schmuck, as he has very little on him apart from 10 copper coins or so. Nothing in terms of easy identification, though there is a note. What it says is difficult to ascertain, as it is soaked thoroughly with blood.

At the docks of Shriekpot...

Sigmund apologizes to the guards of the boat, who say it's not that much of a problem, really, it's just that the night shift leaves guards rather grumpy, and heads back to the Yaleson house.

[Will roll: 4]

He even manages to find his way through the town on the first try this time. He runs through the woods again, getting into a quick sprint and reaching the Yaleson house in no time at all.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:53:23 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:12 am »

You're mages, you DO have a pregnancy spell, right?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:56 am »

Inside the former house of the Yalesons...

Niklas keeps on asking reasonable things of the mages.

"You're mages, you DO have a pregnancy spell, right?"

"Oh, no. No, no, no."

"I've heard of a life mage that had one, but damn, he was apparently the weirdest bastard you'll ever see in your life. Supposedly solved a demographic crisis, though. That kind of stuff is his forte, apparently."

"Unfortunately for whatever your plan entails, none of us are life mages."

"I could attempt to pull a soul from the beyond and place it into a viable hunk of meat if that helps."

Everybody looks at the Artiste.

"That is how it works, right?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 21, 2013, 03:06:34 am »

"Hmmm, a mystery."
Scott unties the horse and ride to Shriekport.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:59:16 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 21, 2013, 03:08:25 am »

That could work, I suppose. Here, I'll get the boar.

Retrieve boar remains, place near death mushroom.Hopefully the 'birth' of the new soul will kill the mushroom. 
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 21, 2013, 08:48:52 am »

I rolled for the bluff in that instance - you got a 6. Did you want me to make up a name for the actual duke you served?
((Well, yes, if possible. I wanted to use that name so if the captain actually knows him there is a possibility of him being more willing to help. Anyway, I have more plans now.))

Sigmund entered the house and saw that the tree fellow with a mushroom growing out of his arm. His sanity suffered a little more as he aproached the skeleton. He examined the mushroom, and realized that the skeleton, in fact, doesn't like it. He then said:

-Haven't your parets told you when you were a, I don't know, metal sapling? That you shouldn't play wih mushrooms? -He laughed- Well, I will try to see what I can do.

Sigmund grabs a pot and cuts a a cap from the fungal thing, the puts it in the pot and shows it to the mages, asking what it is.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 21, 2013, 01:02:27 pm »

Morton does one last final check to see if he has everything he needs: Backpack, pot to boil water in, several flasks filled with the spring water, tea making ingredients. He gives the brass fire poker a solid look over, before holding onto it. "Very well then sir, I thank you kindly for the vote of confidence, a most assuredly appreciated sort it is. I shall see what I can do to help appropriate a vessel in your name. Ah, it will feel good to be outside again." With that he started to head towards the door, noticing Kevin was following him. "Ah, hello grand jester, you wish to accompany me? Your presence will be greatly appreciated, I was afraid I'd have to make the trip alone. You've always been a well meaning help to me. Either way, let us be off then, yes? I'm eager to get on the road, unless you have any provisions you might need... Perhaps some paper and a writing utensil?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 21, 2013, 01:50:51 pm »

Kevin nods and heads inside to grab some paper, a pen and some stabbing, clubbing or maiming implant.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 21, 2013, 03:31:56 pm »

In the woods...

Scott, deciding not to investigate this peculiar mystery, leaves the corpse on the ground where it lies, unties the horse and rides off to Shriekpot!

[Riding roll: 5]

Fortunately, he has a wealth of experience in this sort of thing, having done rides into town on many occasions before he died. He confidently rides right into town, appreciating its delightful architecture, its fine construction and the sound of what is clearly urban magical warfare in the distance.

In the Yaleson house...

Niklas decides upon a fine plan.

"That could work, I suppose. Here, I'll get the boar."

He runs into the kitchen, lifts the boar and hurls it right in front of the Artiste!

"Ah. Well, here goes!"

The Artiste closes his eyes, moving slightly in flowing motions as if dancing to some sort of inaudible music. He then stops and opens his eyes again. Then comes the finger snap.

Nothing happens, interestingly enough.

"Well, it certainly worked. I even heard the death scream of the soul as it sailed back off into the nether realms. Hm. Maybe you shouldn't have use something that has no eyes, brain, ears or even a tongue as something that should be a viable creature for a moment."

Meanwhile, Sigmund wanders over to Mark, briefly quips at the unfortunate creature and chops off one of the mushrooms on his body, depositing it in a pot. He then shows it to the mages.

"Oh, we've seen that already. Murdercap."

"Loves heat and lots of water. Grows like crazy then. Found most often in places blood has been spilled."

Morton, meanwhile, performs the final steps of preparation for the long journey ahead. He checks to see if he has everything he needs and, upon realizing that he does, offers his last words of goodbye.

"Very well then sir, I thank you kindly for the vote of confidence, a most assuredly appreciated sort it is. I shall see what I can do to help appropriate a vessel in your name. Ah, it will feel good to be outside again."

He looks back on the house one last time, noticing that the jester, Kevin, seems to be trailing him.

"Ah, hello, grand jester, you wish to accompany me? Your presence will be greatly appreciated, I was afraid I'd have to make the trip alone. You've always been a well meaning help to me. Either way, let us be off then, yes? I'm eager to get on the road, unless you have any provisions you might need... Perhaps some paper and a writing utensil?"

Kevin nods and runs upstairs, coming back in five minutes looking dejected and empty-handed as usual. Oh, Kevin. You never change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 21, 2013, 03:38:08 pm »

Heat? Cast a cold spell.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 719