Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557115 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

Hmm... Try to Get back to reality. It's all in the mind...

What happened to my action?

((Posting accident. There now.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »

GO! GO FAASTEEER!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2012, 01:32:15 pm »

Rats.
Use the distortion in mindspace to teleport straight to the goal in the citadel.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:23 pm »

Inside the woods and possibly pursued by something nasty...

Jordan, realizing that he's going a bit too slow to avoid possibly getting murdered by horrible creatures, resolves to go faster!

[GO FASTER: 6-1]

He breaks into a aprint, running like the wind from whatever nameless horror pursues him!

[Pursuit roll: 2]

Whatever is following him can't be very fast, as it seems to be unable to keep up with Jordan's terrified sprint! Whew. Jordan is glad he never found out what THAT was. Oh hey, it's only been five hours or so, but he's already halfway back to Richardsburgh! It's true what they say - fear is a powerful motivator!

Inside a curious mindscape...

James tries to abuse the laws of physics that clearly have no power here and teleport himself to his destination!

[Psychology roll: 5]

He clicks his heels together!

"There is no place like the Death Citadel, there is no place like the Death Citadel, there is no place like the Death Citadel!"

He appears at the citadel's gates! He doesn't seem to be able to teleport any further. Maybe the fact that this bit is clearly defined in the mindspace explains that?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2012, 02:30:33 pm »

Sam will smash that fiend's head in with his cane! Let's hope those villagers can help!

I like to think of Sam as Chaotic Good. Or something.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »

Disturbingly near a hellmouth...

Samuel attempts to smash a disembodied devilish hand in the head with his cane!

[Samuel vs. Hand: 2+1 vs. 2]

He smashes at the fingers of the thing! The hand is hardly hurt, but it seems to be riled up now!

[Hand vs. Samuel: 6 vs. 5+1]

The hand makes a fist and leaps at Samuel's skull! Samuel, wise to such tactics, moves his skull quickly enough for the hand to pass right by!

[Villager initiative roll: 2]

The villagers discuss log-chopping techniques among each other!

[Hellmouth roll: 5]

The hellmouth doesn't seem to be producing any hellspawn right now. Good.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »

I like that!

E.G: Sam won't sacrifice an innocent to, say, gain power. But he would let innocents die, to save his own skin. He'd try and hold off an Orcish siege to let the nuns escape, but if things got bad, screw the nuns, he's going to hide somewhere.

Sam is done joking around. Unleash a flurry of Cane! CANE THE BASTARD! Also, help, villagers. Seriously.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »

Ignore the Citadel! If I go in it'll show I believe in this mindspace!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »

Maybe slow down a bit, but try to get back as quick as possible, without losing books.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »

On the road back to Bernie's place...

Jordan, still sprinting like some kind of ancient heathen sports enthusiast, decides to slow down ever so mildly! It is quite unbecoming of a gentleman to run in public, after all!

[Jordan speedy travel roll: 3-1]

He slows down to a truly dignified and respectable walk! If anybody were to see him, they would inevitably ask "Who is this dignified gentleman? Why is he walking like he has one foot in the grave? Why does he smell like there's a lot more of him that should be in the grave?"

If his calculations are correct, Jordan will arrive at Bernie's in 12 hours, tops!

Outside an imaginary citadel of death...

James refuses to acknowledge the existence of the citadel! He turns his back and pouts! After all, can't have his own brain telling him what to do!

Dammit, it's still there! And it's cold and boring out in the wastes! What a dilemma! Certain death within or certain boredom outside!

Near an awful mouth from hell...

Samuel has had enough of these disembodied limbs in this gosh darn tomb! They must die!

[Samuel vs. Cane: 1+1 vs. 4]

The hand scurries away as Samuel swings at it! Damn it all, it's laughing at him!

[Hand vs. Samuel: 1 vs. 5+1]

The hand is about to strike at him, but Samuel isn't messing around anymore!

[Counter attack: Samuel vs. Hand: 2+1 vs. 4]

Samuel is about to finish the stupid thing once and for all when suddenly the hellmouth does something!

[Hellmouth roll: 1]

A whole lot of something, actually! It spits flames and lightning for a bit, then leaks some acid! A creature made entirely of hands steps out, taking up almost the entire room!

"RIGHT, LADS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? THIS IS MY PROPERTY, YOU KNOW. HEEL, HANDY!"

The hand returns to its side!

[Villager initiative roll: 3]

One villager breaks away from the scintillating conversation he's having to look at the giant hand monster. Huh.

He gets back to talking as though nothing had happened.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

Samuel will give a curt bow to the creature, and try to communicate telepathically. "I, and my cohorts, were exploring this dungeon for a potentially long-lost relic of untold power. I require it to restore my humanity.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

I refuse to yield to temptation! Refuse to yield!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

Hide.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2012, 05:05:34 pm »

Aww, screw it. Speed up again!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2012, 12:50:32 am »

Inside the Tomb of the Ancient King...

Samuel, faced with an unholy abomination that stepped out of a hellmouth not ten seconds ago, decides to parley!

He thinks real hard for a second!

"WELL? WHAT DO YOU WANT? SAY SOMETHING ALREADY."

[Nonverbal communication roll: 5]

Samuel indicates that he, in fact, can't speak! He also makes various poses that serve as shorthand for adventuring!

"AH. AN ADVENTURER. AN UNDEAD ADVENTURER. YOU WANT LOOT, YES? WELL, DREADFULLY SORRY, BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY. IT'S ALL MINE. SO, WILL THAT BE ALL?"

[Villager initiative roll: 6]

The villagers perk their ears up at the mention of no loot! They're looking awfully worried now! Well, at least they're paying attention!

Outside the monastery...

Vincent hears the telltale clippity-clop of mortal danger! Time to make himself scarce!

[Hiding roll: 4]

Having plenty of cover around him, these being the woods, he jumps into the bushes and goes still!

[Rider attention roll: 3]

The rider just storms past, probably thinking that Vincent must be pretty fast to get this far!

Inside a mindspace...

James refuses to go inside the citadel! That would be a surrender to the imaginary forces that make up this mindscape! He even decides to not look at it!

[Citadel roll: 5]

The citadel remains still and unchanged despite James paying no attention to it! How strange!

On the road to Bernie's place...

Jordan decides that gentlemanly dignity is overrated and attempts to speed it up!

[GO FASTER roll: 5-1]

And he does! He gets into a gentlemanly jog, merrily trotting along! He gets about two-thirds of the way to Richardsburgh!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:52:43 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 719