Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557112 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2012, 02:40:28 pm »

CAUTIOUSLY explore.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

Go for the neck! It's the weak point!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:32 pm »

The guy who's cursed by Pacitarius is now the beastmaster?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »

Long story.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »

Long story.
No, I've read the story.  I just find it hard to believe.  Maybe he should tell the zoologists the story, so they can sympathize with him!

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2012, 04:12:03 pm »

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

James is inside the place he most wants to be, the place that might make his conquests over the very nature that hates him complete! He explores, looking around for any animals seeking trouble!

[Search roll: 1]
[Perception roll: 4]

He hears something coming at him quite quickly! It's a hare! The very hare he met in the forest, actually! How'd it get here?

[Hare vs. James: 1+1 vs. 4+1]

James easily sidesteps the awful bugger and counterattacks!

[Counterattack: James vs. Hare: 2 vs. 1+1]

However, the hare deflects James' counterattack with its pointy and probably unpleasant teeth!

[Chimp idea roll: 4]

The chimpanzee does not like the hare! It seems to be trying to eliminate the chimp's pack-mate! That will not do!

[Chimp vs. Hare: 3+2 vs. 4+1-1]

The chimp kicks the hare! It rolls away, hissing and making bat noises!

Outside the Metamorphosis Department...

Jordan is struck with inspiration! He'll use the standard tactic of going for the neck!

[Jordan vs. Elephant: 2+1 vs. 1-1-1+3]

He shaves off a bit of skin from the elephant's neck with the tip of his axe blade! The elephant would start hollering, but it has no trunk!

[Elephant morale roll: 4]

The elephant decides not to stand for such abuse! He will trample the offending zombie!

[Elephant vs. Jordan: 5+3 vs. 6-1]

Jordan swings wildly as the elephant tramples all over him!

[Jordan endurance roll: 1]

Oh my. All of his limbs are broken! Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all! Then again, there's still the matter of the two tusks and the trunk. Those could be useful!

[Elephant intelligence roll: 2]

Well, Jordan looks pretty dead or at least neutralized to the elephant. Shows what it knows! That felt good, it thinks. Maybe there's something else it could destroy!

[Building choice roll: 4]

It heads to the Library and begins to perform random acts of destruction there!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:14:17 pm by Harry Baldman »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

And you just had to roll a one.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2012, 04:29:22 pm »

Convince the hate to join me! If it refuses, kill it!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Bow to the golden lady then use my special language to respond.
"I entered the building and came across a woman using magic and aiming at me, I did not know if she was hostile so I sought to defend myself, it's been a long and very strange day as you can probably tell from my rather strange body, I am sorry for my rash action but my nerves are rather on end at the present."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:21:53 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »

Now that I'm in the library, search for those books the girl wanted.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

Set up traps,using the goblet of infinite blood, for the knights.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »

Sam's going to cackle with laughter (Well, try to, anyways), and attempt to mutate a nearby bunny into a pet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2012, 12:10:11 am »

Outside the Metamorphosis Department...

Jordan, despite having all of his limbs totally broken, shows an admirable dedication to his task! He attempts to crawl to the Library!

[Movement roll: 5-2-1]

He flops around on the ground a bit and slowly inches toward the Library!

Inside the Energy Manipulation Department...

Leon attempts to express just how terrible a day he's been having!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 1]

He attempts to describe the underground people! After a short period of deliberation, he realizes that making a whole lot of awfully rude gestures is the perfect description!

"I see."

[Head Manipulator magic roll: 6+1]

Leon sees a hole open in his cell. That's odd. He also feels himself straighten out like an arrow. He isn't left time to consider this as he is launched through the hole at a terrifying speed! The university becomes a rapidly shrinking point in the distance as Leon flies over the smoking remains of villages and hamlets!

[Landing roll: 6]
[Fall damage roll: 1]

He lands in the middle of a pile of soft corpses! How lucky is that? His limbs still get somewhat bent, however. It's entirely possible that most of his bones are broken as well. Not that it matters much.

Inside the Magical Zoology Department...

James is faced with his ancient enemy once more - the possibly vampiric hare! Time to give it a last-minute opportunity to join him! After all, why wouldn't you trust a hare that diablerized you and attempted to dispose of you as a result?

[Speech roll: 6-2]

"Join me, my childe! Together we can shake the vampire world's foundations! We can defeat the conspiracy, but you have to trust me! Otherwise, you shall always be in the dark! And not the good kind, either!"

The hare looks quite confused! It appears to consider this prospect!

[Chimp idea roll: 1]

Nobody informed the chimpanzee that any diplomacy was going on, though! The ape uses the hare's distraction to strike!

[Chimp vs. Hare: 1+1 vs. 2+1-1]

It approaches the hare! The hare, however, is wise to the tricks of apes, vampires and ape vampires! It goes in for the kill, a sad look of betrayal in its eyes!

[Hare vs. James: 4+1 vs. 3]

It chomps on James' shoulder! James loses a moderate bit of blood! James appears to be running low on that, by the way.

On the road to Fiverock...

Samuel, with what is assuredly the best idea he has had today in mind, goes looking for a bunny!

[Search roll: 1]

He finds a bear! That works too, he supposes. Bunnies are awfully difficult to catch, anyway.

[Samuel magic roll: 3-2]

He attempts to magically mutate the bear into a suitable pet! There is a charging of magical energy, it goes to the bear...

The bear becomes an ordinary cane! Not even a particularly splendid one! Damnation! Samuel examines the cane. It appears to hate him quite a bit.

Inside the monastery...

Vincent, not really feeling like leaving just yet, decides to set some traps!

[Trap setting roll: 1]

He opens a door a tiny bit and balances the goblet on the gap! Tee-hee-hee-hee! Soon enough, a knight passes through the doorway and blood spills all over her! Hilarious! The knight looks around attentively!

[Knight attention roll: 6]

Something is definitely wrong here! There's a prankster on the loose! She picks up the goblet and runs off! Aw, now Vincent will have to find some other way to amuse himself!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2012, 12:21:15 am »

Get up and look around, flex my limbs to check they still work.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2012, 03:16:20 am »

Kill the hare once and for all. With the chimps help.
Then suck dry the corpse

((how am I running out of blood I'm dead))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 719