Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557150 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2012, 04:19:36 pm »

Claim to be a servant of the gods, deceive the beautiful man, lead him to darkness/the girl.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2012, 04:22:32 pm »

Stand up and check my metal body to ensure all is ok then ask the men

"Hey mind telling me where I am? You would not believe the day I've had."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »

Attempt to make a battering ram.
Break in to the zoology building.

((considering Pascitarus, this is very good))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2012, 06:01:11 pm »

Swing. A Lot.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2012, 08:58:57 pm »

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:36:00 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

Sammy will head to Fiverock, and blast any small critters along the way, and if they die, raise 'em from the dead as servants! Nothing larger than a deer, mind you.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »

Well... that's quite an interesting character...

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 04, 2012, 04:10:36 am »

Inside the Illusion Department...

Jordan considers 5 seconds more than enough time to get ready for receiving vast amounts of axe-related injuries!

"I say, should we start our duel now?"

"Duel? What are you-"

[Jordan vs. Exp. Illusionist 1: 5+1 vs. 6-1-1]

Jordan swings the axe, slicing across the illusionist's abdomen! There is a lot of blood, but the illusionist is not really impeded by the wound!

[Exp. Illusionist 1 magic roll: 4+1]

The illusionist turns himself invisible! Oh my! The other two illusionists also begin to wave their hands in arcane gestures!

[Exp. Illusionist 2 magic roll: 1+1]
[Exp. Illusionist 3 magic roll: 2+1]

But their gesturing proves fruitless as Jordan strikes first!

[Jordan vs. Exp. Illusionist 2: 4+1 vs. 2-1-1]

He manages to axe the illusionist in the shoulder, putting sufficient strength in the axe to cleave through all that pesky bone, and thus manages to reach his heart! The illusionist falls down bleeding! Well, he won't be getting up from that one!

[Exp. Illusionist 3 magic roll: 6+1]
[Exp. Illusionist 1 magic roll: 4+1]

The only visible illusionist turns himself invisible! And everybody else in the room as well, corpses included! Also, a strange circle of light appears around Jordan!

[Jordan will roll: 4]

It doesn't seem to do anything, though! Well, aside from a teensy tingling sensation in Jordan's skull. Odd.

Outside the Magical Zoology Department...

James, sticking to a method that proved effective the first time, tries to build a battering ram!

[Siege engineering roll: 2]

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot around to make use of to build a battering ram! And using himself as a wrecking ball really, really hurt the first time! Having exhausted those two methods, James is totally stumped on how to proceed! Perhaps a more traditional break-in is in order?

[Search roll: 3]

Well, there is an open window. An attic window. It's pretty small.

Outside the scorched and ruined Divination Department...

Samuel has made a decision! He will go to Fiverock! Hopefully Dirk is as imaginary as he believes, though. Otherwise there could be trouble.

[Samuel will roll: 4]

Nah, how could he be real? That's impossible, considering that Samuel made him up not six hours ago. Hopefully.

He goes down the road to Fiverock, looking for nature to blast on the way!

[Blastable nature roll: 3]

There's a few squirrels in the trees! They must DIE!

[Samuel magic roll: 6]

Twenty flaming canes shoot out of Samuel's magic focus! They beat the squirrels to death! They beat the trees to death! They attempt to beat the ground to death! Everything is on fire!

[Fire roll: 4-1]

Well, the fire doesn't appear to be burning very fiercely, despite being magical. That's good. Must be the fact that it's winter. Oh well, time to raise him some undead minions of his own!

[Samuel magic roll: 4+1-1-2]

The squirrels steadfastly remain dead! Damn it all!

Inside the Metamorphosis Department...

Alaric has a perfect strategy to get the beautiful man over to Bernie's sister! He'll lie like nobody's lied before!

[Lying roll: 6]

"Greetings, my beautiful friend! I am here to bring you great news! Your great beauty has made you beloved by Narcillicus, Beloved Son of the Five, god of beauty and industry!"

"Well, fuck me! I guess all that work has finally paid off!"

"Fuck you indeed! You must follow me to the Temple of Beauty immediately! There you will be inducted into the ranks of the Chosen!"

"Fuck yeah! Let's roll!"

"We have no time to waste! Let us rush like there was no tomorrow!"

They get to the barricade!

[Beautiful man magic roll: 1]

The beautiful man waves his hands, turning the barricade into an elephant! It looks slightly angry.

Somewhere unknown...

Leon checks his body! Well, everything is still in place. That's good. He attempts to communicate with the men!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 1-1]

He attempts to gesture with his halberd arms and finds out he has a very limited communication range, being unable to speak and having no fingers! To hell with it, then, everyone must die!

[Leon vs. Man 1: 4+1 vs. 1+1-1]

He stabs the man through the skull! The man, predictably, falls to the ground and dies.

[Men morale roll: 2]

The other two begin clicking and clacking and leap through a nearby window!

[Man? 2 agility roll: 1+1]
[Man? 3 agility roll: 3+1]

Leon hears a loud THWACK come from outside, along with a dragging sound! Well, goes to show that improvisation doesn't always work.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 04, 2012, 04:12:07 am »

Go outside, kill the weird men.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2012, 05:16:40 am »

Try to make the window smaller, then climb through it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:08 am »

Outside the Magical Zoology Department...

James must know what is inside the department! He begins climbing up to the attic window!

[Agility roll: 2-1]

He climbs upwards a floor, but then slips and falls! Luckily, there is a snail to break his-OH NO!

[Snail endurance roll: 2]

The snails are pretty badly hurt! James' wall-smashing bulk has cracked their shells and done a real number on their soft bodies!

[James will roll: 1]

James breaks down crying! Wow, seems like he does have some tears left to shed. They're all blood, though.

"I am so sorry, my friends! I never think about my actions, and now my closest friends have to suffer for it! Oh, the tragedy of a vampiric superpowered existence! OH, WOE!"

[Zoology Department awareness roll: 6]

James can hear a loud sniffing sound come from within the department! It quiets down soon, however, and he hears the sound of three pairs of paws running off somewhere!

Somewhere different...

Leon is not done with those scum! Death is the only thing they deserve in life! For whatever they did!

[Luck roll: ?]
[Common sense roll: 4]
[Movement roll: 1-1]

Leon chooses to take the stairs downward rather than use the window! However, he trips on the stairs and flies forward, smashing into a wall!

[Building structural integrity roll: 2]

The wall crumbles and Leon falls through it, landing on the cobbled ground! He looks around!

[Intelligence roll: 2]

He has no idea what this place might be. But that's not important right now! What is important is murder! Lots of it!

[Perception roll: 2]

Oh dear, the men (?) seem to have gone off somewhere! Leon has no idea where they might be!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:15 am »

Stand up and look around, go back to flexing my arms and legs to get used to them.

(( Damned -1 penalty go away!!!!. ))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2012, 06:03:29 am »

((Jordan is a superpowered death god. How the fuck is he ever going to die.)))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2012, 06:06:46 am »

((Jordan is a superpowered death god. How the fuck is he ever going to die.)))

((Bad luck.))

Stand up and look around, go back to flexing my arms and legs to get used to them.

(( Damned -1 penalty go away!!!!. ))

((Still a zombie, you know. And you are as used to your limbs as you possibly could be.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:09:20 am by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2012, 06:54:25 am »

]Direct my sadness at the barricade, then smash through it!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 719