Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556729 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9180 on: March 07, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »

Turn around, leave until they stop following.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: March 08, 2014, 05:05:50 am »

Try to grab the dolphin with the leg so Mark can hit him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: March 08, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

At a portal of contrasting dark...

Scott guesses that there's no use turning around - there are only annoying voices and blinding light in that direction. So he swoops through the portal, suddenly finding himself in an alleyway - judging by the canals around him, it seems that he is in Mothdale once again! How extraordinarily fortuitous.

Now there's the question of whether to tell his new friend about this interesting discovery, or just bail before it realizes anything is amiss.

At the engineers' graveyard of the City of the Dead...

Darren, always mindful of ominous humming and threatening moves made by creatures several magnitudes larger and mightier than he, turns around and nonchalantly gets out of the graveyard. The insects immediately resume their extremely noisy scurrying, which almost looks like they are running laps around the graveyard, swiveling their heads about in search of something.

Wonder what they might be looking for, really?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:34 pm »

[Arghl sorry.]

Morton looks at the worm uneasily, not sure if he should apologize or not. Better safe than sorry he supposes? It is helping him and his two friends after all. "Er, m-my apologies my good..." The desk's mind locked up as to the gender of the worm, or even how one respectfully calls one a 'worm', before deciding to go fully neutral in termonology. "...Ally."

The worm does seem to want to cough something at the dolphins, but it seems to have dreadful luck in that regard. Maybe if he can find somethings the worm can throw, he can make amends?

Find rocks/stuff the worm can spit at the enemies! Preferably inanimate!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: March 08, 2014, 05:16:21 pm »

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Sigmund, rather than embarrass himself further, decides to look for some kind of weapon, crawling off into one of the nearby houses - the good news is, there is a weapon! A very nice-looking weapon, actually - a rather ornate two-handed sword with a wicked curve Sigmund suspects to be more aesthetic than functional. But you have to work with what you've got, you know?

Morton, upon noticing that the worm has decided to search for something other than rocks, decides to embarrass himself in its place. That is how succession works, right? So he drags himself up and down the street a bit, but finds nothing of interest right up until the point he locates some shattered glass on the ground. That could certainly be useful, he thinks, and starts gathering it up. Honestly, what kind of vandal would fill the ground with shattered glass like this? The idea is nothing short of barbaric, really.

Mark and Kevin, meanwhile, find themselves locked in what may turn out to be deadly combat.

[Grab: Kevin vs. Screechy: 3 vs. 3+1]

First of all, Kevin finds out the hard way that dolphins are pretty slippery and have few articulate parts that he can easily lock in place under the best of circumstances, let alone when they are aggressively battling.

[Mark vs. Screechy: 4+2 vs. 4+1]

Similarly to Kevin, Mark realizes that dolphins don't really respond favorably to being poked with a halberd from a distance either. They are a mysterious race, that is absolutely certain.

[Screechy vs. Mark: 1+2 vs. 5+3]

Fortunately, the dolphin volunteers itself for a slight change in combat conditions, leaping right at Mark in a way that practically begs for a skewering.

[Counterattack: Mark vs. Screechy: 1+2 vs. 2+1]

This is made more than a little embarrassing for Mark when he comically misses the dolphin as it flies right past him. Damn these slippery things.

[Punt: McStrange vs. Mark: 2+1 vs. 6+3]

Fortunately, another dolphin takes its place and offers him a chance for redemption.

[Counterattack: Mark vs. McStrange: 3+2 vs. 2+1]

And, while he does not quite skewer the creature, he does give it a nice slice on the chest, which does not bleed at all, once again.

[Punt: Beakley vs. Mark: 6+1 vs. 3+3]
[Mark's balance roll: 3]

And as Mark considers this, he is very rudely punted in the side by the third dolphin, which upsets his rather delicate posture and sends him rolling toward the nearby canal, only stopping near the edge. These dolphins do hit pretty hard when they hit, he notices as he is laying at the possibly dangerous precipice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: March 08, 2014, 05:20:24 pm »

((Whoops thought I posted.))

Sit down and read Chanting: The New Method!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: March 08, 2014, 05:26:55 pm »

Oh why not...someone has actually been kind.
Scott will head back through and tell his new ghostly buddy.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: March 08, 2014, 06:25:24 pm »

Look around. Is anything out of place? Are there any signs of movements, other than the insects?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: March 08, 2014, 06:35:03 pm »

Grab the sword with my mouth and give it to Kevin.

If there is a Dolphin trying to push Mark into the water, push them aside. Also burp in its face.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: March 08, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »

Mark gets up and tries to kill the dolphins again sending a quick prayer to the god of battle as he went she might still remember that shrine he built for her
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

Morton, seeing his friend in great danger, quickly moves to get closer and assist.

If he can get there before the dolphins somehow, the desk will drop the broken glass around him and Mark and hold a flask at ready to strike at any dolphin that gets within range, seeking more to keep them away than actually harm them.

If he gets there at roughly the same time, he'll try to tackle/ram one of the dolphins away from Mark.

If he lags behind by a good bit, he'll try to chuck another flask between Mark and the dolphins.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: March 09, 2014, 04:38:52 am »

Take the sword and swing it at the neck of one of the dolphins.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:42:02 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: March 09, 2014, 08:23:26 am »

Try to grab the nearest dolphin again.
((I'm going to give you a sword! A sword! And they have a +1 to not bein grabbed))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: March 09, 2014, 08:42:13 am »

((Hm, maybe I should pay attention to the actions of others :v))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: March 09, 2014, 08:48:57 am »

Overjoyed at finally getting some much-deserved appreciation, Timothy completely failed to notice the woman's worrying reaction.
Instead, he bobbed happily up and down above the pair, practically singing out his agreement with the young man.

"Yes! I's gonn' be real helpful! I brings you all da food youse can eat, keeps you all hideaway'd from dem weird peoples in da middle-town, we can goes on adventures together, sees lotsa places, all sortsa fun stuff!" Why, if his face was a tangible thing Timothy was sure it would be hurting from smiling so hard!

...Then he remembered about the whole 'just destroyed their home and broke the poor guy's legs' thing. Mmmaybe he was getting a tad bit ahead of himself. He decided to add, "Er, well, once youse legs is fixed, anyways. Maybe I's not helps so much wif dat, is not uh, a real-goods idea..." He coughed softly.
"Is you knowing abouts fixin' legs an' stuff?" he asks the woman, his tone cautiously hopeful. He's still not sure whether she trusts him yet, after all!

>Talk talk talk with my new friends! Ask what's-her-name if she can fix what's-his-face's legs!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 719