Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556720 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9165 on: March 06, 2014, 06:20:13 pm »

[Yeah, lead them over to the broken glass so you can take advantage of it. Should I expand upon the existing broken glass pile, or should I try aiming at the dolphins again? If we move them over there, then expanding would be best, but if not trying to get one where you guys are might be good.

Problem is, while Mark wouldn't give two craps about glass Kevin is a different story, since he's flesh and all. If he has good boots though that would be a different story, but beats me as to his footwear.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: March 06, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

((Well he was human once and hasn't taken anything off so he probably has boots))

Mark use's the halberd to attack any dolphins that get close while backing into the glass field.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: March 06, 2014, 06:29:43 pm »

Morton was going to call out to the two to bring them to the glass, but it seems they got the clue. Instead, the desk works on expanding the field of glass a bit more.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: March 06, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »

((If we manage to get rid of the leg dolphin, then Mark can almost tank everything by himself.))

((I wonder if them having no arms would make it easier to wrestle a dolphin))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:28 pm »

[Yeah, I agree. I suggest focus firing on the leg dolphin, since its the most dangerous. Not sure about wrestling really though. Also, interesting thing to note. Their skin is wet [the 'wet thud' from Kevin hitting the dolphin]. Something is keeping them wet, thus able to be outside of the water. Once again, fire would help here 'cause I bet if they dry out they'll fight worse.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »

((We need Scott here to burn the evil dolphins to ashes. Also, what is your opinion on the Gub? What do you think that happened? Did it lose control over its minions? Or is it doing this on purpose?))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:16 pm »

[My guess? Evelyn gave faulty instructions to the Gup and it's locked away. Whatever happened, it's gone. It was probably the only thing keeping everything from killing each other. Maybe Evelyn gave good instructions and Gub messed it up? Or maybe Gub is still working on the chant, but the thing is Morton would of heard it with the listening chant a while back, and he didn't...

So I'm not sure. We gotta get outta here though. I'm not sure what the Gub is, nor why it connects to the whipman, because I doubt either are here by accident. Gub can't access whipman's thoughts, nor can he access the priest's, most likely for the same reason I bet.]

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: March 06, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »

Darren resizes it to be about the same height as him, then tries to use it as a disguise, floating into it and moving his limbs to match the construct as the two of them walk in.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: March 07, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »

In the library of the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas figures he had best address all these sudden physiological needs he has - he remembers something bad happening if he doesn't, though what it was was pretty nebulous. Taking his whole lot of books, he looks for the facilities he requires - fortunately, the hall where the feasting happens is well known to him, and food proves inexpensive - only two of his seven copper coins for a relatively decent meal and drink!

A bathroom, though, is nowhere to be found. This is... unsettling.

"Hgfbgrl. Helsvar, are you there? Torkel? Tree guy?" he asks to the air.

"Present!"

"I'm here, dear."

"As am I. Your adventures have been a little too strange for me to offer advice."

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Kevin, after considering taking one of the dolphins' toys away for the time being, decides that his board's fine for now for hitting dolphins with, despite the lack of indication that it is anything but ineffective.

[Kevin vs. Screechy: 1 vs. 2+1]

The dolphin with Mark's leg in its mouth seems equally impervious to attacks with the board, however. Perhaps it would be better if drove a nail through it, Kevin thinks. If only he could locate one in the near vicinity, though!

And while Kevin thinks, Mark finally brandishes his halberd, trying to slash at a nearby dolphin while jumping toward the distant glass.

[Mark vs. Screechy: 5+2 vs. 4+1]

The halberd draws quite a bit of blood, but this doesn't seem to stop the dolphin using Mark's leg at all, and it just continues in its assault.

[Screechy vs. Mark: 4+2 vs. 4+2+1]

Now, though, it can't get quite as close to Mark due to all the slashing and stabbing coming from the skeleton. This, obviously, does not discourage its friends.

[Beakley vs. Mark: 1+1 vs. 1+3]
[McStrange vs. Mark: 5+1 vs. 6+3]
[Counterattack: Mark vs. McStrange: 3+2 vs. 2+1]

The other two dolphins are successfully repelled, and Mark even manages to stab the strange one a little - it is unimpressed, and there's not even any blood. The dolphins seem to be getting a little bored, actually. Mark notices just as he realizes that he's managed to get about halfway to the bit of glass lying about on the ground.

Further away, Sigmund works out a strategy. This strategy is to look more closely next time when he is picking out things to spit at people, and he puts it into practice immediately, locating another shiny cobblestone!

He is rather disappointed when it turns out instead to be a somewhat peevish isopod that chews on his mouth distractingly right up until the moment he elects to simply spit it out nearby - he's pretty sure this thing is too light to cause any serious damage, anyway.

Morton, ever the helpful half-desk, tries to throw more flasks to widen the broken glass area.

[Morton's throwing roll: 1]
[Sigmund's dodge roll: 5-1-1]

Unfortunately, the only thing he manages to hit is the worm, the glass smashing over its side and creating a series of small lacerations. Morton wonders if it knows what just happened, and if it is likely to try and take vengeance upon him.

In a place of blinding white...

Scott keeps on trying to find his way according to the directions of the voice.

"Any chance you can actually physically steer me out?!"

"Signs point to yes, Jeremy!" the voice says, and Scott feels himself turn. He heads in the direction he eventually attains, and suddenly comes to a rather strange place - the rest of the place is still blinding white, but now there appears to be a rather large, circular dark spot in front of Scott. Through it, he thinks he can see... something.

"Go through it! I want to see what happens! If it works, come back and tell me you're fine!"

At the engineers' graveyard of the City of the Dead...

Darren attempts to resize the construct baby to be a bit larger - hopefully this would work.

[Darren's telekinesis roll: 2]

Unfortunately, though, the resizing is a bit difficult to do, what with the insects frantically carrying the baby simulacrum around the graveyard. This fact also somewhat hinders the other steps of his plans, given that he'd need to somehow sneak past the insects to get into the construct, then somehow get out of their literally steely grips and walk into the building.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: March 07, 2014, 03:11:19 pm »

Go look for an out of the way corner to 'go' in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:01 pm »

Step towards our goal. Carefully.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: March 07, 2014, 03:22:16 pm »

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas decides that, when nature calls and humanity does not provide, savage virtues must prevail. He looks for a discreet corner. Fortunately, the layout of the tower being the chaotic mess it is, such a corner proves easy to find!

A few moments later, Niklas is once again at peace with his body. A bit inconvenient, he guesses, but what can you do (beyond magic, of course).

At the engineers' graveyard of the City of the Dead...

Darren slowly shuffles over to his goal, the big building in the center of the graveyard. Just as he goes that way, however, some of the insects clearly notice him - after taking a quick look at the construct they're carrying, then at Darren, then the construct again, they seem to decide that he definitely does not belong here, and they, all as one, point their heads at him, faceted dragonfly eyes glowing and the air filling with rather ominous humming.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: March 07, 2014, 03:55:06 pm »

The worm looks at Morton, then does the most simmilar thing to a roar that he can make (aka, burping), then looks at the dolphins, and roars burps again.

Look for a weapon that Kevin would be able to use more effectively than that board.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: March 07, 2014, 04:47:28 pm »

"In for a penny...."
Scott ...Swoops...in.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: March 07, 2014, 06:58:28 pm »

Kill the dolphin that stole my leg
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 719