Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557131 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8595 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »

((You know, I've always imagined Timothy looking a bit like Zaphod Beeblebrox, aka extra arms and extra head, for some weird reason.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: January 28, 2014, 12:57:44 pm »

((Ha, really? Well, he does have that extra leg, I suppose- maybe that inspired it. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: January 28, 2014, 02:01:44 pm »

Um, determine where the hell I am. Apart from tied to the pole, for obvious reasons.

Determine:
-Closeness to the sea.
-Amount of buildings, shapes, their state, etc.
-Any important feature in the landscape.
-Existence or not of any kind of living being here.

((Also, I noticed something: the strange voice doesn't use caps, so we don't know if the gub is some important person, an entity, a race, or something similar))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: January 28, 2014, 02:29:07 pm »

[I figured it a sort of speech tic, like to show that they aren't really normal sounding. They're most likely not human, and I believe they're multiple entities. My money is on the dolphins, they're evil.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:19 pm »

((Please, don't be dolphins. They are somewhat cute, and i don't want to spend the chapter mauling them. Fortunately, wind magic can knock them out of thr water. Damn, why do they kill all the humans and then they want to repopulate the city?))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: January 28, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

((Well, we all know that dolphins are, besides humans and mice, the most advanced species on Earth :P))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: January 28, 2014, 02:55:46 pm »

((Well, we all know that dolphins are, besides humans and mice, the most advanced species on Earth :P))
((At least they are fleshy. Hell, maybe we can kill a bunch of them, tell Mark to construct a dolphin-corpse golem out of them, and kill them with their own bodyparts. But I think that I'm thinking too foward for now))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: January 28, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

Confused but still peeved, Scott shall clear the wreckages with his awakened flame power.
They wanted it literal right?

He will then try to get a panoramic view and look for his cohorts.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8603 on: January 28, 2014, 07:57:00 pm »

Hmm.  Could you be in the plane of pi?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: January 28, 2014, 08:18:12 pm »

The constructs. Maybe they'll be less frail compared to the beasties.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: January 29, 2014, 06:13:55 am »

In a corpse-filled mortuary...

Mark figures he should do what the not entirely friendly voice in his head is telling him. Going with the flow is usually a wise thing to do, particularly when it results in as much fun as working here promises him!

[Mark's "medicine" roll: 5+1]

He begins by constructing a statue of a woman, about one and a half times the size of an ordinary woman, made entirely out of toes. It's a fun design challenge for him to get the joint articulation right, plus arranging the toes in a way to make a convincing face. Not to mention hair made of shredded toenails. At the end of it, he's got a very lifelike sculpture done! So lifelike, in fact, that he does sincerely wish somebody would transfer a soul into it, as he's pretty sure it would work great as a body.

In an empty tavern...

Kevin is not amused by the circumstances he finds himself in.

"This better be some very elaborate joke... You don't have to rub it in, you know. It's not very funny either way..."

~we know. we do not really understand what 'funny' even is! we think it requires something we do not have! we have somebody working on that right now.~

Kevin looks out the window, where he is somewhat glad to notice a street. Well, a channel, really, with two walkways on both sides of it. He can spot one person on the other side of the street, but other than that the place seems to be empty.

~nobody's going to come in unless you provide a pleasant atmosphere, ex-jester! and maybe redecorate while you're at it! we can send someone to help with that last part!~

In a fake-looking shipwreck...

Niklas moves closer to the capsule, poking it. The capsule sure sounds metal. It doesn't seem to have any method of entry, though. No clasps, no hatches, nothing like that. It's just this monolithic-looking hollow hunk of metal. As Niklas considers how best to plunder such a seemingly impenetrable container, he hears a feminine, grandmotherly voice in his head.

~Hello. You appear to be sentient, yes? Where did you come from?~

In an office of some kind...

Morton's first thought is entirely understandable.

~Beverage consultant?~

~yes! you seem highly qualified for the job! we were thinking of simply naming you teamaster instead, but figured this would present more opportunity for growth and skill development, as those seem important for humans, even nicer humans like you!~

Morton's confusion doesn't quite abate. He tries to recall something about Mothdale, but the only things that come to mind are the fact that it doesn't actually have deserts and that a demon was obliterated here, apparently.

~correct! it is unfortunate that the skyman of hatred was gone before we could commune with him! we have a new one now, though!~

Hm. Morton looks around the office - it seems that the fire hasn't damaged the structure much, considering that it seems to have been built of stone. Only the more flammable parts of the room, like the furnishings and documents, appear to have caught on fire. Though one of the stone walls does look a little deformed. Other than that, Morton thinks he could get this place looking fine again if he got rid of all the burned stuff and cleaned the floors and walls a little.

~that's the spirit! get to work, beverage consultant! beverage consulting can only be done in a pleasant work environment!~

In some kind of alien plane...

Timothy's pretty sure this plane holds none of the pie he seeks. So, before anybody comes over and hassles him, he decides to move out. Just as he fades out, a rather large humanoid emerges from one of the nearby rhombuses, and it looks like it was about to say something just as Timothy disappears.

Timothy reappears... someplace else. He can't really see anything, honestly - it's a bit bright. And hot. And oppressive. And lacking in pie.

At the top of the central tower of Mothdale...

Sigmund is sure he won't like the answer, but he tries to determine where exactly he might be. He's pretty sure he's in the center of the city he remembers entering - Mothdale.

~now known as the free city of gub!~

Yes, now known as the Free City of Gub. At least, Sigmund thinks that he should mentally capitalize that. He appears to be looking out toward the Sea of Pleasant Winds, or at least so he reckons - the Doom Strait is to his left, and the Sea of Death is probably behind him.

~if you want to be rotated, let us know!~

As for the buildings, they are mostly of the multistory townhouse variety, with other public buildings scattered around the place. They seem mostly undamaged, though there are parts where one can spot massive fire damage, usually at least a good five blocks in size. At least, on this side of the strait. On the other, the construction seems to veer more on the slummy, wooden as well as unharmed side, though it's a bit far off to say for sure. There's also a fortified compound of some sort on this side of the strait, but it looks to have been partially melted. Finally, there's three other tall towers he can see, conical, gray and utilitarian in style, but he remembers that there should be more.

~there are! the city of gub is glorious, is it not?~

As for landmarks, there's the strait, the tower he's on, the other towers, the compound, a park of some kind, the harbor, a couple of slightly elevated parts of town that seem more opulent... and the town is surrounded by a forest. It's impossible to determine whether any of it is properly inhabited, though Sigmund can see smoke coming from a few chimneys.

~oh, we have many subjects that we acquired here! two thousand and fifty three humans, four hundred and six rat people, five bears, fifty three nice dogs, one hundred and twenty eight less nice dogs, exactly three hundred cats and many more! and yet the city is unfortunately quite empty! there used to be fifteen thousand humans here, don't you know! possibly even some lymans as well! and at least one skyman before it got exploded! but things are looking up not only for you, but also for us! we shall repopulate the city of gub very soon!~

At the top of a lighthouse...

Scott figures he doesn't like this business one bit. And, since his job description was so pleasantly vague, he thinks this may be a good exercise for his powers! So... telekinesis was out, teleportation wouldn't help and howling would only make him feel better... how about something a little more creative? Like fire, for instance?

~fire! yes! what a fascinating thing it is!~

It is, isn't it? Scott tries to focus on one of the shipwrecks, hoping that this will lead to excellence rather than the usual serious injury.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 2]

Unfortunately, it leads to neither. Maybe he's not close enough? Scott's pretty sure he just needs to, like, compress air. Or cause friction. Or something like that.

~no fire? shame! we know a guy, though! we could ask him to come over and help! you'd owe him a favor, though!~

Scott finds he has a panoramic view already, though. He can see the entire city from here, though not quite as well as he could from one of the eight tall towers the city has. Particularly that central one. No sign of his good buddies, though.

~they're all busy! doing good work for the city of gub! like what you're trying to do!~

In the City of the Dead...

Darren figures he had best visit the constructs... his best lead on where they might be, though, is that cul-de-sac where he met the hand people, so he heads over there immediately. Nothing really troubles him on the way, and when he reaches the place, he is immediately greeted by a rather large statue of an anatomically incorrect naked human being. He's pretty sure that wasn't here before. And it's not entirely surprising when the statue suddenly turns to him.

"You there! What are you doing here?" it asks in a slightly accusatory tone.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: January 29, 2014, 06:28:08 am »

((Five bears. That made me laugh.))
"What are you anyway? And what happened to the others? Abducting people isn't going to give this town a good reputation, you know. I wouldn't immigrate to a town where you're abducted when you arrive!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: January 29, 2014, 07:07:04 am »

((Five bears. That made me laugh.))
"What are you anyway? And what happened to the others? Abducting people isn't going to give this town a good reputation, you know. I wouldn't immigrate to a town where you're abducted when you arrive!"

~we are gub! the others are working! and what if we abduct lots of nice people who everyone wants to be around? and make the place highly presentable, suitable for humans and lymans, and skymans alike! you will be of great help in that regard! we believe in your abilities!~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: January 29, 2014, 07:31:35 am »

Mark having had his fun turned his thoughts to finding the others and getting out he wanted to see what sort of things lived in the sea of death so he starts looking for and exit.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: January 29, 2014, 07:41:44 am »

"Ugh, fine."
Sing

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 719