Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557076 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8550 on: January 24, 2014, 12:27:52 pm »

Oh yeah, James.  That guy was awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: January 24, 2014, 01:00:50 pm »

((Those were the old, crazy days. Now the crazyness level has went down a lot. Yes, even if those who haven't read all this can't believe it))

Anyway, I probably won't be able to play this for roughly a week, so I will say ow my character can be auto run:

-Go and explore the city with Morton.
-Try to avoid any kind of problems, peacefully if possible.
-If problem is unavoidable, run to the ship.

((I'm leaving my charactrer basically in the hands of Xanmyral because I know that I won't get terribly maimed that way.))

EDIT: default to hang around the ship practicing wind magic with some precautions (like making sure that I won't fall from it) if I just can't go with Morton.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: January 25, 2014, 08:04:34 am »

Traveling on the Second Shank across the Sea of Pleasant Winds, day three...

Mark continued his fishing for the third day as well, hoping to fulfill that quota of his as soon as possible. Today, though, did not seem to be as good of a day for the fulfillment of his goals, though. The fish didn't seem to be catching too well, perhaps getting wise to the fact that shiny objects in the water were more likely to be their doom than anything else, and Mark ended the day with only six fish. Granted, that was still a reasonable amount, but he still needed, like, twelve more before he's off the hook for good. That's not a lot, he guessed, especially when he considered how many he already had caught, but being in debt was still not a good feeling. Then again, there were doubtlessly many fish still in the sea.

Scott chose to utilize his day trying to learn how to move objects with his mind, an endeavor he had been woefully unsuccessful at previously. He was without luck in that department today as well. It appeared that it was not like swimming after all, despite the entirely sound reasoning (fully known only to him, obviously) Scott had used to arrive at such an idea. Or at least so it seemed. Not quite ready to retire his absolutely brilliant analogy, Scott tried a different approach in the second half of the day - it involved making tea with his mind, something he would have learned earlier in his life, no doubt, if it weren't for the constant presence of his butler who did it for him. However, he could not muster even the tiniest shifting of a teapot or the littlest tip of a cup. This, naturally, enraged Scott, who, as he subsequently realized, had spent an entire day making a fool of himself. It seemed that the majestic, supremely useful ability of telekinesis was entirely beyond him. Who knows, maybe it wasn't actually a guarantee that he had it? Such a grim possibility became more probable with each day, it seemed.

Kevin, similarly to Scott, also tried to find his talents this day. He practiced various things, and discovered many things about himself. For one, he had a remarkably pleasant singing voice when he wasn't messing around, and, though his jester training had mostly focused on speech, he guessed it was some kind of vocal training. With practice, he guessed he could get good at that. Also, he realized that, while his jester training hasn't given him a lasting or consistent ability to be funny, he had quite a bit of skill at various tricks and acrobatics. Like juggling, for instance. Or doing backflips. Or doing backflips while juggling, an art he had not mastered before he was executed. Finally, there were the abilities of his form. Through experimentation with various sharp and less sharp objects, some of which he got Erin to transmute for the occasion, he realized that his flesh was definitely quite alien, but still linked to his mind, and thus it was likely that he also had certain abilities that he could unlock through practice on that front. All in all, he had quite a few possibilities now that the corny jokes had proven untenable.

Morton, for his part, was trying to perfect the final chant today - the Empty Mind Chant. It was not as easy for him as the Listening Chant, but he noticed that the effect appeared to be quite unusual - a fading of external stimuli as well as his own internal world, an all-encompassing gray haze slowly enveloping his senses and thoughts as he went through the syllables. It was more than a little disturbing to experience loss of both sensory information and his own identity like that, so he quickly stopped, feeling a lot better when he returned to a proper state of mind. He then spent a few hours alternating between the Single Thought Chant and the Listening Chant, though the Single Thought Chant made it highly difficult to actually listen to anything, the sound of the thought of tea being very distracting, especially for a tea enthusiast like Morton. After serving tea a few times, though, the urge cleared up, and Morton felt much better. And, having gone through all three chants and met no great difficulty, Morton decided that it was time to attain more information. First, he saw Tailor Craig and questioned him about enchantments, and their possible links with demons. Tailor Craig was quick to point out that enchanted items were, to put it simply, about as far from the area of his expertise as anything, and he had no real information about that sort of thing. He did volunteer the tidbit that demons rarely gave people enchanted items or anything like that, most often choosing to endow the people themselves with unusual, powerful qualities instead. Morton thanked the tailor for his time and moved on to questioning Evelyn - he was rather surprised when he found out that Evelyn could commune telepathically with him, though it fortunately streamlined their communication quite a bit. After a bit of magic-related back-and-forth, Morton found that one is ready to begin properly chanting when one can pronounce all the chants fluently, which Morton is pretty sure he can do already. Evelyn also informed the desk butler that the combination enchanters typically use for their work are a few hours spent with the Single Thought Chant followed by a little time with the Empty Mind Chant, though the Listening Chant could also be employed first, followed by Single Thought, followed by Empty Mind - the Listening Chant dispenses with the self, the Single Thought brings out an idea (he should probably focus on what he wants the item to do) before others, the Empty Mind eliminates all that's left beside that thought (it will also mute the thought somewhat, hence the need to chant the Single Thought for quite a while and the Empty Mind for only a little bit). Morton, thus schooled, spent the rest of the day cleaning up the ship, which was both appreciated and needed, with how sloppily these mages lived.

Sigmund, after averting his personal catastrophe, spent the day practicing his focus creation - this went rather well, and now, after a few missteps along the way that he quickly corrected, he had a total of six foci - one to make wind flow, one to stop air flow, one to funnel air, one to repel air, one to concentrate and blast air and one to do all five of those things at once. It was pretty hard work to get it all done, Sigmund found, and pretty dangerous as well, but he was getting better at this. Slowly, granted, but surely.

Niklas was starting to get a little crazy in his long voyage. He continued to make chairs out of anything he could find - other chairs, barrels, loose pieces of wood, panels he tore off a wall, that sort of thing. Soon, he had four more chairs. Sadly, however, he could not fuse with them in any way. This was quite terrible, so Niklas tried to meditate again. It did not work at all, as he kept being distracted by the shades, who would always wail in a moment of peace and quiet, preventing Niklas from achieving anything close to pleasant mental emptiness. Left with no choice but to act out, Niklas tried to steal everyone's things. Unfortunately, the only person who kept enough stuff in places Niklas could actually find and search seemed to be Mark - and he was not very pleased with Niklas trying to steal his lures, chopping off one of Niklas' legs in retaliation and retrieving his stuff. Having only two legs now, Niklas could only drag himself along the floor now, lacking enough balance to do much else. He then tried to drink as much alcohol as he could - which was none whatsoever, as he was deficient in both organs to drink with and the height or leverage needed to reach what booze was available. At that point, Niklas was angry enough that no alcohol was necessary to make him increasingly willing to brawl, so he decided to pick a fight with that duck thing - he did not like the way it was looking at him. And speaking inside his mind when he challenged it to a brawl.

[Brawling: Niklas vs. Evelyn: 4-1 vs. 5]

The duck thing was a bit too quick, though. When Niklas was priming himself for a good swing at it, it just stepped on both his legs while holding down his backrest with its wings. While Niklas struggled, the Artiste arrived. About to be held accountable, Niklas had but one priority.

"It wasn't me! It was a wizard! The god of yelling possessed me! You have no proof! You're out of order!" he yelled. But the Artiste did not seem impressed.

"Honestly, Niklas, I do not entirely care," he began. "I've really had enough of you, to be even more honest. Your contributions, as far as I know, are limited to rarely cooking for other people, going missing and causing trouble. Not to mention that you were just subdued by a larger-than-average duck. And while Scott could be argued to contribute even less, he at least shows potential for improvement and commendable subservience, while you seem to possess nothing of the sort. Thus, due to your stellar lack of ability to work for me, I'll be cutting you loose. Sorry it didn't work out," he then explained without emotion. As he said it, a great feeling of freedom washed over Niklas, as though some massive existential chain had snapped in his very being. He was filled with the sudden desire to run, pillage and cook, but had no ability to act on this impulse due to the way he was being grappled currently. "Send him off, Evelyn," he said, and the duck thing immediately took flight, carrying Niklas overboard and dropping him into the sea, whereupon he quickly sank to the dark depths. This would have probably been more depressing if Niklas was not suddenly free of an inescapable life of servitude.

In the outer section of Blynn...

Timothy consciously restrains himself from clearing his name as he listens to the man and woman converse while the dog dully stares into space.

"We're halfway done."

"Took no time at all, huh?"

"A lot of effort, though."

"Hey, I'm great, you're great, and we're doing this, and we're going to finish it. No turning back."

"I hope we can keep to that, though. Things are about to get crazy."

"We'll keep it together. And it'll be even better than last time, you'll see."

"Yes... right then," the woman says, sighing as she steps away from the man. "Have to go. I'm going to need some rest for tonight."

"I bet. Have fun."

The woman doesn't answer, opting to simply walk away. The man goes in the opposite direction, whistling a strange tune, and the dog floats after him lazily, not even turning around to do so. Timothy also follows the man, since the dog has seen fit to do so. The man walks quite a distance, reaching a dilapidated-looking ex-tavern. Following him inside the ruined tavern hall and down the steps to the basement, Timothy notices that the fellow seems to have a laboratory of some kind set up, with all sorts of crystals, beakers, colorful liquids and small magical fires set up around the place, with a messy bedroll lying in the center of the sizable basement storeroom. The man immediately checks up on some kind of concoction that he seems to have brewing in a barrel, then taps a crystal with his finger questioningly, nodding with satisfaction as a blue light flickers on within it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: January 25, 2014, 08:15:13 am »

Practice and experiment with my body.
If there's any time left, try to practice signing a bit. Preferably on the deck where people can hear.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:32 am »

Scott will try to frantically find the captain, ghostly wailing if necessary, in order to receive instruction.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: January 25, 2014, 10:39:31 am »

Mark goes and sets up a shooting range using some of the fish as targets and then practices using the crossbow. Also get a bunch more ammo from Erin and a quiver.

Edit new travel turn below
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:26:30 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: January 25, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »

Ahaha, excellent!
Now then, to get myself a ship somehow.

Start walking north, if I can figure out which way that is. Keep going until I find something interesting/useful or I reach land.

((Ehehehehe. I was so useless I got freed! I'm likely screwed, but I'm a free chair!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: January 25, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »

Timothy looked about the place wide-eyed. This fellow was certainly into doing... things?
Timothy had no idea just what he was doing down here, but it sure looked important. Maybe a bit scary and confusing, too. He wasn't about to waste time lingering down here gawping, though-- once he'd made friends with the man and his lady-friend, Timothy could just ask 'em about it! And the dog!

>Memorize the location of this basement and how to get here, then head (cautiously) back into the central part of town.
Remain invisible and avoid any of those guards, of course.

>Get a wheelbarrow from someplace. Or a box. Or a freaking carriage, I don't know, but get some form of receptacle and telekinetically fill it full of foodstuffs. From a tavern or a mess hall or somesuch- whatever food I can find that isn't guarded.

If any of those mage-guards seems to be onto me, fly directly up in the air and get outta there. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars... just flee and come back later.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: January 26, 2014, 12:04:39 am »

Spoiler: Travel Turn (click to show/hide)

While Morton was thinking up his plan for the day, he couldn't help but feel things were... Off. The butler couldn't quite put his finger on it though. Everyone seems more or less the same, the ship is clean, the shades are mildly creepy and the desk feels sad for them, overall nothing seems to have changed.

Try as he might, the desk couldn't shake the odd feeling and it interrupted his thoughts for the day. He has to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps Art would know? Morton heads off to find Art, hopefully not interrupting something.

"Good day, good mage Art, I hope everything is pleasant. If you don't mind me asking, does something seem... Different on the ship? I can't quite place it. I admit to have been wrapped up lately in study, the fruits of which hopefully visible later. Did I miss something perhaps?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: January 26, 2014, 02:31:21 am »

Travel
Mark spends a few more hours catching fish then he goes and sets up a shooting range using some of the fish as targets for practices using the crossbow. Also get a bunch more ammo from Erin and a quiver before starting the training

Normal
Mark goes to the master and using paper ask's "Can we officially make Erin quartermaster and make here responsible for our supplies she could use something to do aside from transmuting and someone knowing what we have and need could be useful."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:50 am »

In the Sea of Pleasant Winds...

Niklas, quite happy at the way everything seems to be coming up his way, blorbles a little before he realizes his vocal apparatus doesn't work underwater, then tries to find a northward direction. Fortunately, like all the rest of his kind, Niklas has an impeccable sense of direction. Not to mention that the ship he was just thrown off of was going approximately that way as well. So he drags himself along the bottom of the sea for a while until he comes across something interesting - a ship! A wrecked ship, but still a ship. It doesn't look too old or too decrepit. In fact, it's rather fresh as far as shipwrecks go. Not a bad find, really.

In a secret laboratory in Blynn...

Timothy, supposing that he can do nothing too important in this secret lab, figures he should memorize where this place is - simple, considering that it is obviously a tavern and thus built to be somewhat distinct from its surroundings - and do something about the hungry fellow's food situation. So he does exactly that, heading invisibly and cautiously into the town and searching for a wheelbarrow of some kind he could filch and fill with food. Unfortunately, he can't seem to locate any such thing - at least, no such thing that isn't in use. There are some metallic plates covered in supplies that occasionally float past him in the streets, probably moved by somebody else's mind, but he's pretty sure someone would know if he jacked one of those.

He does notice one thing about the food in this town, though - it looks pretty samey. All of it appears to be made up of different-colored cubes that people occasionally sit down and eat. No fresh food in sight, seems like. And there, once again, don't appear to be any places to get food aside from these buildings where people walk in at lunchtime and come out with small packs of those food cubes - Timothy notices a tendency of careful rationing of food on the part of the townspeople. And they never seem to let go of their food packs.

Traveling on the Second Shank across the Sea of Pleasant Winds, day four...

Kevin, having realized that he has veritable oodles of potential bubbling up within his soul, utilized the first half of his day finding out the secrets of his own body. And while he could not discover exactly how it worked or how to control it, he did realize one thing - he could plunge his own hand within his own body, then also withdraw it harmlessly. Interestingly, the same principle was in effect for his legs as well, and he discovered he could very nicely compact himself into a sphere, then return to his regular shape. Highly intriguing. Further experimentation, however, failed to provide significant results. So he decided to practice his vocal abilities instead, stepping on deck and simply starting what eventually amounted to an impromptu opera. The shades seemed to like it, and the Artiste gave him a thumbs up when he passed by. Eventually the deck was even visited by the other mages, who seemed to have arrived for the express purpose of listening to him. Kevin had never felt so appreciated in his career. And when he was finally done, they applauded. They liked him! They really liked him for once!

Scott tried to find the Captain today, and did so quite frantically at that. So frantically, in fact, that he decided to look outside the ship as well, which just so happened to be the exact place the Captain was, wonderfully enough. He then asked the Captain for help with this whole ghost thing. The Captain, though quite busy, was apparently feeling very informative. And concise, as he managed to convey exactly what Scott needed to know in no more than three or so sentences, in which he explained that Scott, as a ghost, should have four distinct powers - moving things with his mind, teleporting around, shrieking in an ungodly manner and throwing his voice with all the talent of a master ventriloquist. He then tells Scott that, if he has failed to manifest these powers so far, that's probably just him being unused to them, and the best strategy would be to keep trying - he definitely should have them, at any rate. Regrettably, though, Scott is not helped by this bit of instruction - he knows he should have telekinesis and those other things, but they still seem to be stubbornly locked away somehow, as he discovered during the arduous subsequent experimentation he did. When asked, the Captain could provide little help, stating that he was more of a "learn by EXPERIENCE!" type than a good teacher for this kind of thing, as he had hardly thought about having powers at all, and had merely mysteriously, suddenly and inexplicably had them at some undefinable point he could not remember due to reasons of insanity and lacking any reasonable frames of reference for that time period. All in all, Scott had essentially wasted another day.

Morton, unlike his compatriots, had a very busy day filled with literal enchantment. First order of business was asking Evelyn how enchantment actually works - the difficulties and such, nuances of the process, limitations of enchantments. Evelyn proved to be informative as usual, and seemed to be in an even better mood today than the previous day for some reason. She explained to him that the issue with enchantment difficulties was that, the more complex and nuanced an enchantment, the harder it is to effectively will it to be and the less feasible it is to incorporate the idea into the Single Thought Chant. There are, of course, more advanced chants for these concepts, but those were sadly not covered in the courses she took. However, they were reputed to take even longer and require more focus and linguistic ability than most were able to muster. Another plague of enchanters was apparently vagueness - the more vague a specified and willed request, the more likely it was for it to go catastrophically wrong. She especially advised against willing something to be generically magical, as that could result in pretty much anything. Instead, if one wanted to make something generically magical, one should will it to glow instead. Finally, one could enchant an object as much as they wanted, but it was increasingly likely that reality would become more than a bit unstable if one added more than, say, two or three, and such work required quite a bit of expertise and more than a little luck, apparently. So, if Morton happened to be enchanted somehow after his trip to the Realm of Dreams, he would indeed be harder to endow with magical capabilities, though that did not have to be the case, necessarily. Morton took this advice to whatever he had for a heart these days, and headed off to... no, wait... he was bothered by something, actually. Something was missing. He went and asked Art if he had noticed something different about the ship. Art replied that he hadn't, really. Everything seemed normal to him, anyway. Morton, though still not sure if Art's assessment was correct, figured there was little else to do but carry on. Maybe it was one of those unfounded strange feelings. Oh well. He then retired to the kitchen and began to chant away, experiencing first a fading of the self from the Listening Chant, then a fading of external stimuli and an emergence of a single thought (which just so happened to be the concept of room temperature), then a fading of everything but that single thought, and then focused his magnified and focused will into a flask, singlemindedly willing it to attain and maintain a comfortable lukewarm temperature, which seemed to work out just fine and without any significant problems for all of the flasks he had (five, by last count) - they were all now constantly at a temperature of a reasonably heated room, as a short trip up to the deck proved. Carried onward by his success, Morton made tea in a rather jubilant manner, then returning to chanting. Though it seems to have worked, the effect of the enchantment was a bit harder to gauge - something happened to the tea, obviously, but it wasn't as obvious as the constant temperature of the flasks. Also, the tea had gone cold by the time he managed to enchant it, and he wasn't sure if heating it was safe. Regardless, though, he seemed to have taken the first great step to becoming a decent enchanter and also apparently devised a manner of serving ghosts tea, which was really very good, considering how new he was at all this.

Mark used the first half of the day like he did the rest of his days - fishing. He managed to catch six fish, which was not altogether too bad, and also left him with only six more sacrifices required for freedom. All very fine and wonderful. Quite tired of this fishing business, he then sets up a practice range with some fish serving as targets. his crossbow serving as the weapon to practice with and Erin serving as a limitless supply of bolts. It was all fun and games, but Mark really doubted the usefulness of the range, considering that it wasn't a particularly long range (twenty meters, give or take a few), Mark was already familiar with how a crossbow is operated, having been a mercenary in a previous life, and the also significant fact fish weren't likely to be what he might fight during his time on the Sea of Death, being relatively regular-sized and lacking in extremely dangerous capabilities like movement or being in their element. Disappointed at the way the ship did not lend itself to combat training, Mark sought out the Artiste, hoping to introduce some naval discipline to this operation regardless. After finding the fellow on deck enjoying Kevin's vocal performance, he produced a note that said 'Can we officially make Erin quartermaster and make here responsible for our supplies she could use something to do aside from transmuting and someone knowing what we have and need could be useful.'. The Artiste's reply was "She's already the quartermaster, pretty much, being the only one who can produce supplies. Anybody who needs anything, they visit her and get it if they don't know where to find it. Transmutation seems to make the title of a quartermaster superfluous, really. Especially if you consider that, of the people on deck, only I and Erin actually need any sort of regular sustenance while the others only have occasional requests for unusual items we don't seem to have anyway. All in all, people around here seem to be pretty good at keeping their own counsel and not needing anything." This reply was not terribly encouraging for Mark.

Sigmund, feeling a little more absentminded today than usual, practiced his wind magic all day. The result was a whole lot of wind on deck, which eventually proved so distracting that the Artiste politely asked Sigmund to stop. Or at least go somewhere else to practice. Sigmund nodded in halfhearted agreement and went to the cargo hold. The result was a whole lot of wind in the cargo hold, which, when combined with the lack of things to tie himself to in the cargo hold, resulted in him hitting the walls a lot. Regardless of this, however, he did feel like he had gotten a little better with wind magic by the end of the day. Well, better at dealing with it conspiring to murder him, anyway.

As the people on the ship went about their business, they almost entirely missed the fact that, on the horizon, a city in was looming. The Free City of Mothdale, gateway into the Sea of Death, located on the picturesque Anderson Strait, known popularly and dramatically as the Doom Strait (Strait of Doom is apparently a perfectly acceptable alternate form of the name). The city looked like it had indubitably seen better days, and one couldn't help but take note of the way the architecture appeared to have been rearranged at some period in the past. Several towers loomed over the city, most of them very conical and strange-looking, plus one in the center of them all, which looked more classical in its construction. As the ship drew closer and pulled into the strait, more and more things became clear about the town - for one, it seemed to have sustained quite a bit of fire damage lately. Also, the system of channels the city had also seemed to have been a recent development, what with the way the channels appeared to not play well aesthetically with the rest of the town, being clearly modern and utilitarian in style similarly to the newer towers. Finally, the city was rather quiet for its size despite the fact that it was midday. Finally, the channels seemed to be absolutely teeming with sea life, the most visible of which appeared to be dolphins. As the ship stopped at the sizable harbor of the city, the shades letting it sink back a little into the water, everybody stepped out on deck to appreciate the look of the place (even Sigmund, as much as he disliked the sun, was more than a little curious). As they looked at the town, they felt something in the air, a stirring of some sort. This was followed by a voice that, while most of the people were not experts on that sort of thing, nobody present could call human, exactly.

~welcome to the free city of gub! the gub is pleased to receive such interesting humans! will thank your lyman, yes!~

The first impulse on the part of most of the crew was confusion.

~we greet you as well, nice humans! welcome!~

The feeling of confusion then intensified thousandfold suddenly, creating a feeling not unlike that of somebody's life suddenly turning out to be a lie, then that turning out to be an even bigger lie that masked some sort of even more shocking, underlying truth, which turned out to all be a dream, but not really. And after this feeling, there is only sleep.

End of Chapter 5!

In an unprecedented twist, nobody important died this chapter! Well, except for Bernie, I guess. Not for lack of trying, either. So, new abilities for everyone! Pick one, people.

Darren: Voice of Reason, Enough Fooling Around, No Longer Out Of Practice.
Timothy: Plane Shift, Oddly Compelling Screech, Honestly Helpful.
Mark: Branching Out, Scourge of the Sea, Body Carrier.
Scott: Firestarter, Vengeance!, Like A Shadow Of A Ghost.
Kevin: Portal Flesh, Practiced Invalid, Hidden Depths.
Niklas: Must Confirm!, Forbidden Techniques of the Far North, Quitting Is For Dirty, Weak Southerners.
Morton: Apostle of the Tea Leaf, Just Part Of The Furniture, Supremely Helpable.
Sigmund: Yeah... No, Tedium Mastery, Magical Theorist.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:36:17 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - End of Chapter 5
« Reply #8561 on: January 26, 2014, 10:43:45 am »

AHHH why why

Why must they all be so good AHHHHHHHH

ok I think I will take Scourge of the sea where we are going it will be the most useful and I can still attach flesh to the desk and the others
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: January 26, 2014, 11:07:52 am »

Dream of traveling corridors of his mind, trying to find a door labeled 'Weird ghost crap, do not enter' or something similar.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:39:19 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: January 26, 2014, 11:09:24 am »

Scott who is very frustrated and terribly frightened and slightly psychotic after extended periods of partial sensory deprivation. He will find a nice abandoned corridor and will try to rip apart everything in sight in a huge mental tantrum.

Choose an ability! Besides, there's no sensory deprivation at play here. Just sleep. Sweet, dreamless sleep.

Also, no actions yet. It's a chapter break!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:11:59 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:30 am »

((Oh man, Timothy has stumbled upon a communist town. Glory to Arstostka!))
((Also Sigmund apparently gets a Rincewind ability.))
I'll take Portal Flesh. Gotta stack dem combat bonusses.

"Hello...?"
Dream.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 719