Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556219 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8100 on: December 27, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, hoping he can take this fool down before too long, tries to leap like a heavily-armed, murderous frog and finish this whole affair.

[Opposed quickness: Mark vs. Ziggy: 6+1 vs. 4]
[Mark vs. Ziggy: 5+1 vs. 2]

And lo, the leap works admirably as Mark soars through the air, stabbing his halberd through the man's chest, skewering him together with his buddy. This obviously shortens the man's life expectancy several million times, if Mark's calculated it right.

[Mark's strength roll: 4]

What's more, he can actually carry both of these dudes on the same halberd. Man, this is a highly convenient form of corpse transportation when you think about it. It's a bit difficult to swing the thing now, but hey, can't have everything.

In a dead-end alley...

Kevin, hoping to end his adversary with style and efficiency, tries to choke the man.

[Choking: Kevin vs. Shamus: 3 vs. 4]

The short man just kicks him away, immediately trying to break out of the grip the jester's got on him and escape.

[Grapple: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3 vs. 6]

This only results in Kevin seizing the opportunity to catch the man from behind, trying a slightly different approach.

[Choking: Kevin vs. Shamus: 5 vs. 4]

He successfully constricts the windpipe of the man! Now to hold on tight and wait!

[Escape attempt: Shamus vs. Kevin: 4 vs. 4]

The first half a minute passes uneventfully, with the short fellow kicking at Kevin ineffectually. Not very interesting, admittedly. Kevin thought strangulation would be more dramatic, really.

[Escape attempt: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3 vs. 3]

As the fellow keeps kicking, Kevin wonders if he should whistle a merry tune to pass the time. He decides against it - too distracting.

[Escape attempt: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3 vs. 6]
[Kevin's strength roll: 4]

When the kicking becomes quite annoying, Kevin tightens his grip, eliciting quite a nasty sound from the man - he seems to be running out of steam, fortunately.

[Escape attempt: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3-1 vs. 4]

Well into the third minute, the dude's still kicking as hard as ever, though Kevin can sense him weaken internally. It's kind of weird how long this takes. Kevin honestly thought the fellow would have passed out already. Maybe he's not doing this the optimal way.

[Escape attempt: Shamus vs. Kevin: 1-1 vs. 2]

Finally, after what honestly felt like forever, the guy stops resisting at all. Kevin just keeps holding on to the man's throat for a while longer until he's absolutely positive the man's face has reached a state of blueness highly uncommon among the living.

Damn, choking people is hard work. Maybe he should see someone about proper techniques or something. He doesn't think it normally should take this long, so he probably screwed up on some step. Still, got the job done without any help from Niklas. This might actually be one of his first solo kills. A cause for celebration, mayhap?

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, having been persuaded of the monumental wisdom of not messing around with powers he does not yet wield competently, tries to write on the paper again. The ink just evaporates from it.

"Yeah, not gonna work. Written foci do that. Universe settin' itself right, I guess."

Sigmund, not entirely persuaded, tries to make another piece of paper a focus.

[Sigmund's focus creation roll: 5]

He promptly makes a blank piece of paper into a written focus. Despite the fact there's nothing written on it. There's a plan in the works here, obviously.

Morton, meanwhile, works on preparing a spot of brand new tea, which is quite simple to do - he gets rid of whatever tea was available, which, fortunately, doesn't include Scott's brew, which the fellow has chosen to sagely carry with himself at all times. While the wannabe-teamaker shambles over to the other ship to successfully raid a honey barrel, Morton makes another small pot of tea, which he pours into glasses. After that's done, he presents two flasks of it to Erin and the Artiste, both nod gratefully and accept them with bright smiles.

"This is becoming a serious habit for me."

"At least it is a highly delicious habit, yes?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: December 27, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »

Go knock on a door.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: December 27, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »

((Nice choking mechanics, but maybe it lasts too much. Didn't a man's conciousness last between 3 and 10 seconds while being choked?))

Sigmund clearly hadn't thought very well the focus thing. Now he had to write stuff before the universe noiced that piece of paper and didn't allow him to write on it.

He thought of all the spells he could and wrote them down:
-Cause breeze to flow in the direction the user is thinking of.
-Funnel air into the point the user is thinking of.
-Stop air flow in the area the user is thinking of.
-Make wind flow at a constant rate determined by the user in the direction the user is thinking of.

((Any other ideas for this, gentlemen?))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: December 28, 2013, 12:16:56 am »

Mark heads to the ship and get's himself some tea pouring it on his roots before dumping the body's in the cargo hold.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: December 28, 2013, 03:10:24 am »

((Nice choking mechanics, but maybe it lasts too much. Didn't a man's conciousness last between 3 and 10 seconds while being choked?))

((For a blood choke, yes. Air chokes take longer.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: December 28, 2013, 04:51:46 am »

Celebrate momentarily and then head back to the ship with the body.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:46 am »

((For a blood choke, yes. Air chokes take longer.))
((I thought that it was the opposite, huh. I learn new things every day))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: December 28, 2013, 06:51:55 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas rambles on down the street until his attention settles on a promising-looking door. He steps up to it and knocks in a harmless-sounding fashion. The door opens. A large, bald man stands in the doorframe, looking at Niklas with obvious distrust.

"Damn chairs!" he shouts, aiming a powerful kick at Niklas.

[Mighty Boot: Chair-Hater vs. Niklas: 4+1 vs. 1]

The kick is unexpectedly powerful (also, the fellow seems to be wearing steel-toed boots), sending Niklas flying across the street and making him just miss a soft-looking vagrant, hitting a brick wall rather hard instead. Highly disrespectful of the man, to say the least. Not to mention rather painful.

Some distance away, Mark, having completed his hunt, goes back to the ship at last, the death rattle of the second man to be impaled on his halberd serving as an adequate soundtrack on the way.

In a dead-end alley...

Getting up from the ground and dusting himself off, Kevin quickly performs a cute little victory dance over his victim's corpse, then proceeds to drag the man away, heading back to the ship. There are few people in the streets right now, and nobody pays him much attention. Guess they don't particularly care about violence in Shriekpot unless you do it in plain sight or to people the guards actually care about.

Anyhow, he gets back to the ship roughly at the same time as Mark. So, the result of their trip has been three new bodies and no Niklas. That's... close enough, maybe? Kevin wonders if he should follow Mark after the latter fails to acquire any tea (it's just as good, Mark guesses - the blood on his roots feels quite wonderful already).

The fact that there appears to be an avian abomination on deck is slightly disturbing to Kevin, but he supposes that, since nobody minds, it's probably supposed to be there, anyway, so no point worrying about it presently.

"Ah, there you two are! Where's Niklas? I'd like us to get moving at dawn."

Mark shrugs and heads down below decks, where he deposits the corpses accumulated. That should last him a while, yeah. Plus Kevin got one as well. Strangled, too, so there's not that much damage!

Sigmund, who is still on deck and still fully absorbed in his tasks, tries to quickly write out a list of spells he wants on the newly focusified piece of paper. He is glad when he manages to write all of it on the sheet. This'll be a focus to be reckoned with, that's for sure!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: December 28, 2013, 07:07:13 am »

"God fucking damnit. At least we got some medical supplies, as much as I despise Mark's way of work."
Kevin thought for a few seconds, and then said:
"Justine, where's Niklas this time?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: December 28, 2013, 07:23:25 am »

"God fucking damnit. At least we got some medical supplies, as much as I despise Mark's way of work."
Kevin thought for a few seconds, and then said:
"Justine, where's Niklas this time?"

"Dead."

She pauses.

"I hope he is, anyway. The mental image is pleasing enough, but the real thing might be even better."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: December 28, 2013, 08:24:15 am »

Sigmund went to the cargo hold ready to practise some more magic. He had already managed to randomly move air around, now he had to practice constant air flows. But he suddenly had an idea about another spell.

Write on the paper:
-Repel air from the point the user is thinking of.

Then:

Lean against a wall and cast the Cause a breeze spell towards me. (So that air flows towards me)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:28 am »

Mark gets to fishing and sacrificing to pay off his debt. !!MEDICINE!! can wait till he gets an excuse.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:12:42 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: December 28, 2013, 10:52:16 am »

Confidently carry the barrel to the ship, using said facade to fool anyone at the warehouse that the item belongs to him.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: December 28, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »

Ruffian!

Another house!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: December 28, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »

"Ah, of course. Why would I expect anything different?"
Go find something small, adorable and disarming.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 719