Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 546685 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #795 on: November 15, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

((NOOOOOOOOOOO! Someone. Take my axe. Kill those dreadful creatures. For me.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:32 pm »

Jordan. Do not fear. Samuel WILL raise you from the grave, whole and non...Uh...Messed up. Trust me!

Samuel will STOP THE KING'S ESCAPE WITH NON-LETHAL CANES! Maybe flying canes that, when they hit someone, they jolt 'em with electricity? Similar to a Tazer or Stun-gun. Also, if he has the time, tell the Royal Guard to stand down and join the mob; - Free looting! And anyone in the mob won't get their house burned down, or women ra-er...Uh...Forced to bake pies! And no coal mines for the children!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 15, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »

(("They say Samuel killed the king with his moves! Danced him apart!"))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 15, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

(("They say Samuel killed the king with his moves! Danced him apart!"))

What? Whor'e you? OH, OOPS, I meant "Who're" you. Ha! Silly me!

Okay, I'm going to cane you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 15, 2012, 02:11:18 pm »

Inside the throne room of the king...

The mob is about to chase after the king, but Samuel gestures to them to stand down! He waves his cane in the air!

[Samuel magic roll: 4]

A charged cane appears in the air next to the king! It swings at him!

[Cane vs. King: 2+1 vs. 2-1]

The cane trips the king up, sending him flying to the ground!

[King endurance roll: 4]

He gets up immediately, though, and keeps running! The cane follows him!

[Cane vs. King: 5+1 vs. 4-1]

The cane makes a swift swipe at his thigh! The king drops to the ground once more, convulsing slightly!

[King endurance roll: 5]

He rolls away and keeps running!

[Escape roll: 5]
[Cane pursuit roll: 6]
[Cane vs. King: 5+1 vs. 6-1]

The cane faintly touches the king!

The king twitches slightly, but keeps running!

[King escape roll: 3]
[Cane pursuit roll: 1]

The king manages to make it to the door! The cane, overzealous in its pursuit, runs into the door as the king quickly sidesteps!

[Cane endurance roll: 6+1]

The cane looks quite angry now! It attempts to take down the currently giggling monarch!

[Cane vs. King: 3+1 vs. 6-1]

The king manages to utilize the cane's rage against it, dodging its blows much better than you'd expect from an old man!

[King escape roll: 1]

He is about to escape, but forgets to open the door, getting a faceful of heavy oaken throne room defense!

[King endurance roll: 3]

Partly from dizziness, partly from humiliation, the king chooses to stay where he is for now, cursing loudly!

Meanwhile, Samuel tries to get the royal guard to join the mob!

[Nonverbal persuasion roll: 1]

He decides to say "screw it" to all that brotherly nonsense and flips the royal guards off!

[Royal Guard rage roll: 5]

The royal guardsmen are full of fighting spirit once more! They make a desperate charge at the mob!

[Elite Royal Guard Unit 2 vs. Mob: 5+5 vs. 6+6]

The mob is not impressed with their moves! Time for a dance with the devil!

[Mob vs. Elite Royal Guard Unit: 2+6 vs. 1+4]

The mob pummels the foolish guards quite thoroughly, taking down about half of them!

[Royal Guard morale roll: 1]

The rest choose to surrender immediately, throwing down their weapons in front of the Flipper of the Mighty Bird!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 15, 2012, 02:18:22 pm »

Samuel will gesture that EVERYTHING IS FOR THE TAKING, to his loyal followers, and try to explain to them that they now rule the kingdom. He thanks them for their bravery and valor, and bids them a good day...Then he'll walk over to the king, place the amulet on his neck, and call it a day.

Is that two actions in one turn? I don't want to rig this or something, sorry..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:34 pm »

Jordan. Do not fear. Samuel WILL raise you from the grave, whole and non...Uh...Messed up. Trust me!

You COULD just find Bernie and send him to the tomb.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 15, 2012, 03:23:59 pm »

Inside the throne room of the humiliated king...

Samuel attempts to explain the concept of a revolution to the mob and the crossbowmen!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 1]

He shows them that they should now get back to their daily lives and forget the whole thing ever happened!

[Crowd reaction roll: 6]

They roar enthusiastically and dance out of the throne room, nabbing the occasional bit of the king's silverware on the way! And some furniture. And some particularly comely servants. And the guards, who might make good butlers or something. They then proceed to run off to various pubs to drink and dance the night away, which is really the best they could have hoped for, anyway!

With that bit of business done, Samuel walks up to the king! He takes out the amulet from a pocket in his robes and steps in front of the brutalized sovereign!

The king squirms a bit and tries to get away!

[Samuel vs. King: 6+1 vs. 3-1]

Samuel immobilizes him with a well-placed caning to the shin, breaking it in half! With the king pacified, Samuel finally gets the amulet around the monarch's neck!

The king goes through several sets of horrible grimaces and then finally settles into a green glowing sort of face, levitating up from the ground! His shin mends itself, as does his clothing!

"Ah, there we go. Now I'm in control."

He surveys the corpses and destruction around him!

"I would have preferred some more subtlety out of you, but I guess it does not matter."

He takes off the amulet and puts it in his pocket.

"Step one's done. Now on to the greater plot, I suppose."

He glances at Samuel.

"Not that it matters to you, I guess. So, it was a shred of my power you wanted, yes?"

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 15, 2012, 03:39:25 pm »

"Master. It may be a shred, but coming from you, it is an exquisite buffet, of the likes this world has not seen in centuries. I fully pledge myself to your service; - Crippled body and soul. Grant me power, and let me be on my way; - When Death comes to claim me, I shall go to your side, in service until time itself tears the threads of fate. Whatever iota of power you can offer me, I shall accept it; - I require Magic to do the tasks that must be done. A Magic that cannot be held back, that cannot be stopped. I wish not to be some comely sorcerer, mastering a single element and a few tricks; - Nay. I wish to become a Master of magic, not a Servant. Give this unto me, and you shall have my eternal service...After death.

Greenstar: No! I shall now become a powerful Lich! I shall raise Jordan myself, as a Death Knight!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 15, 2012, 03:44:28 pm »

NO. NONONONONO. GAWDNO.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 15, 2012, 03:48:15 pm »

Yes, yes, yes yes yes. Don't be foolish. The RTD loves me right now! What could go wrong?

...That's not a challenge, Harry.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 15, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »

Inside the throne room...

Samuel tries to tell the Demon King how he really feels!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 4]

He dances! He gestures! He manages to convey the soaring of his craven soul perfectly to the demonic entity! He asks for mastery of magic!

"Magical mastery, eh? I thought you were going to ask for something good. Well, no matter."

[Demonic favor roll: 6]

Samuel feels his connection to the primal power of magic strengthen many times in an instant! A sort of mind-tunnel of telepathic communication opens between him and the demon! He feels the verbal contract he signed actualize itself forcefully!

Knowledge that man was not meant to have enters Samuel's mind like a shrill song of a thousand eternally tortured sinners!

[Will roll: 1]

Samuel tries to hold on to it, but the knowledge slips past the grasp of his mind! It is there one second, lordship over all that was, is and will be, but it is a mere echo seconds later! In but a moment, the echo itself dissipates as well, leaving behind but a few amusing demonic anecdotes scrawled on the edges of Samuel's mind! Well, at least those are quite amusing.

"Now that I've upheld my end of the bargain, how about you leave me to my devices?"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:50 pm »

So...I don't have any magic, I take it?

Samuel will bow, and briskly leave. He shall try and nab a map along the way, to head to the next largest city.

That is REALLY mean.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »

Inside the throne room...

Samuel is delighted at the fresh supply of amusing demon stories he has! He takes a bow and leaves!

"See you later, minion..."

He searches for a map of the area!

[Search roll: 2]

Stupid lazy cartographers that can't get off their posteriors and mass-produce maps! It's enough to make a bedazzled skeleton feel unwelcome in this place!

[Local knowledge roll: 4]

Samuel realizes that following a road would be a pretty sure way to find another city. This area looks well-developed. There's also a port. He could try to catch a ship off to some other city, which would be severely faster!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 15, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

Break open the chest with my halberds of doom.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 719