Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556550 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7365 on: October 18, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »

[...Darn, I forgot to put my turn out, didn't I?]

Morton does indeed regret asking this man further questions. Bother. "Ah, well, you see I'm not entirely sure myself, I don't believe I need to eat and drink actually. Now, it was nice meeting you sir, but I'm in a bit of a rush, I have to find my friends. I wish you luck in your, ah, endeavors."

The desk internally sighed and tried to find someone else who might perhaps know where this alley is. Third time's the charm, after all.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: October 19, 2013, 02:18:32 am »

[Oh I remember, I only lost a me thumb. Nevermind. >.>]

I guess scott will go find a book and read up on this witchery-pokery happening here.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: October 19, 2013, 06:00:15 am »

At Gunther Gunnarson's stall...

Sigmund, interested in getting all this crap done, helps Gunther heft Mark with his single arm, delivering him inside, all the while giving Scott the stinkeye for buggering off like nobody's business. While Scott completely fails to find a book lying around on the street, the smithing begins. Gunther, ever the consummate professional, works incredibly slowly, Sigmund finds. After two hours of drilling, polishing and fitting, he's still only done with one joint, and even that's placed at the elbow. After asking Gunther how many are left, Gunther replies that there are still seven or so to go.

Wonderful.

In a senseless void...

Niklas, having nothing better to do, starts to flail existentially, whatever that means. And it sorta works, because he notices Helsvar all of a sudden.

"What are you doing, my love?"

In the company of a severe nihilist...

Morton, seeing that this guy will only serve as a rather pointless distraction at best, tries to leave.

"Ah, well, you see I'm not entirely sure myself, I don't believe I need to eat and drink actually. Now, it was nice meeting you sir, but I'm in a bit of a rush, I have to find my friends. I wish you luck in your, ah, endeavors."

However, as he wobbles away, the man follows along, continuing his rant.

"No! That doesn't make any sense, either! You need energy to exist! To move, to speak, to do things! You don't make any sense whatsoever!"

Art, clearly losing his patience as well, intervenes.

"Yes, yes, of course. Shove off, buddy."

"You're a fine one to talk! How can you move? I've never heard of flexible crystals, and you seem to require them to function! How does that work?"

"Well, you see..."

"I don't! It doesn't work! It can't work! Madness and lies, all of it!"

Morton notices that people seem to be actively avoiding him now as the man rants at him. Oh dear.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: October 19, 2013, 06:07:58 am »

"Ugh."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: October 19, 2013, 10:13:32 am »

Scott will trek onwards to the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: October 19, 2013, 10:57:48 am »

"It works on magic of some kind, I assume. We don't rightly know beyond that it works in some fashion, the development was recent so we haven't time to figure it out. If you could, could you please use an inside voice sir? I mean no offense, but I don't believe yelling is necessary when we're only paces away." Morton commented, then asked of the man. He tried to be polite, but all the same he's not a fan of being yelled at to his face that he doesn't make sense, even if he happens to agree.

Morton tried to think of his demonology book. He recalls good Tailor Craig mentioning a demon of hard questions, perhaps this man would like to speak so such a demon. If nothing else it could be a distraction while they get away...

The desk tries to think if there was a speaking portal to this demon in his version. All the while though he continues walking along, perhaps such a measure wouldn't be needed.

[I got a bad feeling that tells me perhaps I shouldn't use demonology for such petty reasons. Another says go for it, nothing can go wrong.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: October 19, 2013, 11:04:37 am »

Sigmund told to Kevin:

-Well, as this is taking more time than I wanted, do you want to come back to the ship for some time?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:44 am »

"Nah. There's nothing to do for me there either."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: October 19, 2013, 11:27:45 am »

Sigmund told Kevin:

-Well, I found some books on Mark, and Morton has some of them too. And you already know the way back, so there is no need for me to be here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:08 am »

Trying to find a body to house my soul in, my sweet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: October 19, 2013, 11:42:07 am »

((Hey, Xanmyral, if you want to get rid of that insane fellow maybe he can become our next "donor" for bodyparts! Anyway, there is no in-game motive for Morton trying that, yet.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: October 19, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

[Yeah, there's no way Morton would reach that line of thought. I'm not even sure if he knows that you guys do that actually, I don't think he's really given much thought to where those extra limbs and jaw came from.

I'm kinda curious as to if I can 'accidentally' turn this guy into a demon's avatar distract him with a demon portal, been itching to try those out really.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: October 19, 2013, 11:53:07 am »

((I'd rather not mess up with demons unless I got souls to trade. You know what Craig said about demons generally asking for your soul))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: October 19, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »

[I'm also taking Craig's route of not explicitly doing it myself, but instead get this guy to.

Besides, our souls are technically already owned, aren't they?]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: October 19, 2013, 12:19:47 pm »

((That's never stopped all the other players from selling their souls to demons. That said, the Artiste may be different.))

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 719