Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 546208 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #735 on: November 13, 2012, 02:00:06 pm »

Look through the spellbook for spells related to growing back lost limbs.
Use them.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:49 pm »

Outside the Magical Weaponry and Armor Department...

James attempts to fish out a spellbook from his pockets!

[Inventory manipulation roll: 4]

Through judicious use of his teeth, he manages to get it out on the ground! Now to open it!

[Book opening roll: 3]

He nudges the book cover open with his nose and then attempts to flip through the pages with his tongue!

[Book browsing roll: 5]

His tongue proves an effective implement, and he eventually finds a good spell that might help him in this situation! It's called Regeneration!

[Magic roll: 3-2]

He gestures with his tongue a whole lot and attempts to speak the words at the same time! Naturally, it doesn't end well! The three-headed five-tailed snail becomes a permanent fixture of his neck and possibly his entire undead being! There's no way to tell for sure!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 13, 2012, 02:11:38 pm »

((erm...))
See if the snail has regenerative abilities.
If not, attemp the spell again. The worst it can do is remove the snail.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 13, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

Samuel will now take a deep, raspy skeleton...Uh...Non-breath, and BEGIN TO TURN EVERYBODY INTO ZOMBIE CANES. With feet and teeth!

This is getting MADDENING.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 13, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

Proceed forwards?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

James tries to determine if the snail has regenerative abilities!

[Intelligence roll: ?+1]

It probably does, yes. Too bad it wouldn't really help James, considering that they don't share a circulatory system or anything, really, aside from being connected with a layer of muscle tissue. Figuring nothing too bad is likely to happen, James attempts magic once more!

[Magic roll: 1-2]

The snail on his neck begins to glow slightly! So do the other two snails in his possession! The glow intensifies to the point where James can't see anything anymore, then his vision goes black! He feels himself change quite awfully, feeling himself become more and more snail-like! Eventually, he can finally see again! Although he really wishes he couldn't, to be honest!

James has become a Six-Headed Three-Tailed Two-Legged Still Armless Three-Quarter-Snail!

On a rather charred street...

Samuel is rather peeved at this recent turn of events. Well, socialization has failed. Time to KILL EVERYONE.

[Magic roll: 2]

He gestures! He shakes! He dances expressively! He pantomimes! One thing he does not do, however, is magic!

[Response roll: 1]

Another security officer shows up, clearly having gotten it in his mind to investigate these shenanigans! He approaches Samuel!

[Reaction roll: 5]

"Citizen! What is the meaning of this?"

Inside the deeper tombs...

Jordan goes forward, undeterred by the backgammon conspiracy brewing against him! What's the worst they could do, anyway?

[Encounter roll: 3]

He feels the number of his watchers increase! They, however, do not seem to dare approach, possibly due to his light source!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 13, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

((NOOOOOOOOOO! Is there a possible way to heal this?))
Head back in and terrify that guy. If not terrified enough, BeavergoatSnail the bugger.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 13, 2012, 02:48:17 pm »

((Holy fuck. HOLY. FUCK.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 13, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »

Samuel will start rolling on the ground, feigning brutal injury! Try and explain through body language that a nefarious, and immortal demon, if now turning innocents into ghoulish fiends and horrific monsters! He must be stopped! THE KING MUST BE WARNED!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 13, 2012, 02:59:55 pm »

((This is freaking hilarious.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05:40 pm »

Continue Trudging forward, swinging my axe periodically.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

James, horrified at his transformation, decides to half-slither, half-walk back to the man he blames for the entirety of his miseries!

[Movement roll: 6-1]

He moves like a regular snail train, using his legs to give himself a much-needed boost! Eventually he gets in!

The swordsman looks at James!

[Fear resistance roll: 3]

He becomes white as a sheet and begins to shiver! He looks like he is about to ask something, but then decides not to, possibly to preserve his tenuous grip on sanity!

James is not satisfied at this considerable, though somewhat lower than expected amount of fear! He goes for a vicious beaversnailgoating!

[Beaversnailgoating: James vs. Swordsman: 2 vs. 2+1-1]

Somewhat new to the beaversnailgoating business, James crawls on the man and considers his next move!

[Swordsman fear roll: 2]

The swordsman just stands with his mouth agape! Well, no time like the present!

[Beaversnailgoating roll: 1]

During his experimentation in beaversnailgoating, James comes upon new and excitingly terrifying possibilities of inflicting the method! He practices all of them! On himself! James falls off the man, shaking and terrified!

[Swordsman morale roll: 3]

The swordsman doesn't seem to be able to muster up enough courage to believe what is currently happening! He slaps himself several times!

In the ruins of a once-less-security-officer-infested neighborhood...

Samuel, not really in a mood to answer the inquiries of random schlubs approaching him on the street, feigns injury to avoid an awkward conversation!

[Injury feigning roll: 1]

He falls to the ground and begins rolling with expertly-pantomimed laughter! The officer is not amused, which honestly and truly offends Samuel! He gets up and gets ready to deliver the beating of a lifetime!

[Samuel vs. Officer: 3+1 vs. 3+2]

The officer, however, has dealt with old people before and successfully avoids each and every one of Samuel's strikes! With the identity of at least one hostile geezer ascertained, he decides to take action!

[Officer vs. Samuel: 5+2 vs. 3+2]

He stabs at Samuel's shoulder with a dagger of extremely unusual sharpness, slicing neatly through three of Samuel's ribs! Oh dear.

Inside the Nabpie Tomb...

Jordan proceeds forward, carefully stepping through the nabpie-infested area! Suddenly, he thinks of a perfectly good way to deal with all the horrors of the tomb! It's his classic plan: start swinging, make something dead, repeat ad infinitum!

[Lucky axe swing roll: 4]

He does manage to graze something with an axe swing! It's probably a nabpie, too, considering the mournful howl emitted!

"O-oh ba-alls, tha-at rea-ally hu-urt!"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 13, 2012, 03:21:30 pm »

Samuel will cough, fall to his knees, and plead mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

In a neighborhood of sadness and lost hope...

Samuel tries to feign an injury once more!

[Feigning injury roll: 3]

He attempts to cough, but finds out that he really can't! He does, however, fall to his knees and kinda-sorta makes a begging gesture!

[Reaction roll: 2]

The officer pays no mind to Samuel and keeps on trying to eliminate him!

[Officer vs. Samuel: 4+2 vs. 3+2]

The officer slices once more, nearly slicing another rib in half! Samuel is starting to get quite annoyed!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 13, 2012, 03:45:55 pm »

Recover, and Beaversnailgoat the sucker!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 719