Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556251 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7275 on: October 10, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »

((But magic helps in killing! Okay, I won't say anything until I see the rolls))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: October 10, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »

Oh. A mechanical monseuir for a mechanical maiden. Makes sense. I guess

Darren turned to look at him, trying to seem as harmless as possible.
"Oh, hello. My name is Derek, and I'm rather lost as it is. I was wondering if you had anything similar to a museum, a place of knowledge."[/color]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: October 11, 2013, 05:53:27 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton, unwilling to disturb the guards from their brutalizing and seducing, goes and looks for an approachable local instead, an unremarkable fellow walking down the street in this case.

"Greetings, good sir. I require assistance in navigation, are you able to provide any?"

"Good sir, are you aware that you are a desk?"

"I have been informed of such a thing, yes."

"Ah, good. Thought I was going insane already, you see. Runs in my family and all that. Anyhow, what do you need, sir?"

"Would you happen to know the way to Wallyn's bookstore, perhaps?"

"Terribly sorry, but I cannot help you with that. Spellbooks aren't really within the scope of my competence, so I have never needed to go there. Tell you what, sir, find somebody in a robe and ask them. I'm sure they would know. Just a suggestion, you see."

"I will be sure to do that. Thank you, good sir."

"You're welcome. Speaking of doing things, I have urgent business to attend to. I wish you luck in whatever desk-things you wish to attempt. Good day."

The man promptly leaves, seemingly done with the conversation with or without Morton's consent, quickening his step as he heads out.

Elsewhere in Shriekpot...

Niklas, yelling about acting according to his legal code, starts to flail about on the ground, but his movements find no targets - it seems that the guards have been keeping their distance from him this entire time.

Hm. Okay. He tries to get up.

[Combined Maneuver: Guard 7 and Pinkerton: 3, 3, average 3 = no bonus]
[Trip: Guard 7 and Pinkerton vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 3+1-1]

Just as he tries to get up, though, two guards charge wildly out of the circle they've formed around Niklas, their swords slamming into his legs as he tries to regain his balance, bringing the chairman down on his back immediately. The guards don't stop running, once again taking up position at what they believe is a safe distance.

"We can do this all day, or you can surrender already!"

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott stands about mumbling something about avoiding a scene and dragging Mark. The Artiste stares at him.

"What are you talking about, Scott?"

At Gunther Gunnarson's stall...

Sigmund asks more about the riveting process.

"I don't really know if his articulations still work, but how much would you charge for the riveting?"

"Judging by the way you refer to it as a 'him', I'm guessing this skeleton's alive, then? You see, I can rivet the arms and legs back in place in that situation, but it'll be impossible to move them, pretty much. Only costs 1 gold, though, so, if you don't really mind your friend not being able to move much anymore, I can do that. I'd advise against that, though - ball joints will pay off far better in the long run. After all, you have to consider - what good's an animate skeleton that can only move its forearms and calves? I've seen people try to be cheap on their construct repairs - never a good idea. Better to pay more and have something not useless than pay less and get nothing much, right?"

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren, surprised it's taken this long for something like this to happen, turns his attention fully to the mechanical man.

"Oh, hello. My name is Derek, and I'm rather lost as it is. I was wondering if you had anything similar to a museum, a place of knowledge."

"Oh, are you? I don't think you're lost at all, Derek. I think you're exactly where you want to be. You were trying to hit on my daughter, weren't you? 'Oh dear, I seem to be lost! Help me, fine young maiden!' Oh yes, I know how that works! Go ahead, tell me I'm lying to you. I can smell the lechery on you, you intangible scum of the earth!"

Well, he's quite hostile. The man's mechanical daughter raises her open palm to her inarticulate mouth in an elaborate, mildly exaggerated pantomime of a gesture of shock.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: October 11, 2013, 07:03:40 am »

((Note to self thank the blacksmith))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: October 11, 2013, 07:09:27 am »

Sigmund, with enough information, decided that he could just tell the Artiste of his findings, he said to Gunther:

-Well, I think that I will check him better before deciding how I want him fixed. Yes, he is a construct, but I didn't pay attention if his limbs were removed from the joints or they were just cutted at some other point. Still, we will consider your offer, sir, have a good day.

Get out of the store, stubbornly but futilely try to get to the ship on my own, resort to Kevin while cursing internally.

((Hey, Xantalos, do you want to try some magic already?))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: October 11, 2013, 07:21:19 am »

My request almost got you crushed by half a tonne of metal...I seem to be a danger to your health...that is all.

<.<
>.>
>.<
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: October 11, 2013, 10:00:18 am »

Try to fly out of there. If that doesn't work, try to get up again and punch Pinkerton in the face when he comes to knock me over again.
Or knee him in the everything and then take advantage of his stunned state to punch him to oblivion.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:10:10 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: October 11, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

"How much would it cost to somewhat repair my arms?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: October 11, 2013, 05:11:15 pm »

Hm, that was both interesting and insightful at the least. Shame that the man was in a hurry, he seemed interesting, but Morton should really stop getting distracted so easily.

The desk then is on the look out for people in robes, it seems the bookstore specializes in spellbooks so local mages might know. Now if only he knew any local mages...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: October 11, 2013, 06:26:51 pm »

Oh, come on. Again?
"Well, you're not lying, though I am curious about how you smell with a metal nose."

Darren paused a moment, hoping to kill the tension a little.
"But you do have my intentions wrong. I was sent down here to do a god a little favor, and I should have gotten a bit more informed before heading down here."
As he spoke, he looked the both of them up and down, slowly realizing that the automaton had two major advantages, namely, size, and actually being tangible. And after the warnings that the guardian gave him, he was beginning to feel his flight instincts readying themselves.
BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUT IT BUY IT PLEASE BUY IT
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:30:10 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: October 11, 2013, 08:04:15 pm »

Sigmund waits for the obvious no to Kevin, then says:

-He is a blacksmith, you know, and you are amde from something really weird that not even a trnsmuter know what it is, so there was no point in asking.

Follow up with my formerly stated plan.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: October 12, 2013, 04:58:50 am »

At Gunther Gunnarson's stall...

Sigmund thinks about the offer made to him.

"Well, I think that I will check him better before deciding how I want him fixed. Yes, he is a construct, but I didn't pay attention if his limbs were removed from the joints or they were just cut at some other point. Still, we will consider your offer, sir, have a good day."

"Have a good day, and remember - when in doubt, choose quality!"

Suddenly, Kevin speaks up.

"How much would it cost to somewhat repair my arms?"

There is a moment of silence as Gunther looks Kevin over. Sigmund supposes that this might not have been a wise question.

"He is a blacksmith, you know, and you are-"

"One gold coin, one more if it works!" Gunther suddenly says, a twinkle in his eye.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott informs the Artiste of his current feelings.

"My request almost got you crushed by half a tonne of metal... I seem to be a danger to your health... that is all."

"Oh, don't be silly. Mark didn't land that near to me. Look, he's at least three meters away! Sure, the noise was dreadful, but I would say I was in no danger whatsoever. Anyhow, get to work, will you? If you truly are a danger to my health, I doubt it's in my interest to have you in my immediate vicinity. Go on. Scoot."

In the middle of an unusual battle formation of guards...

Niklas takes a moment to try and fly again. Sadly, it does not work at all. Whatever thing has thrown his magic out of whack, it's definitely stuck with him through this. Niklas tries to get up again at this point.

[Combined Maneuver: Two Guards: 1, 5, average 3: no bonus!]
[Trip: Two Guards vs. Niklas: 2 vs. 2]

Two guards run past Niklas rapidly, scratching his legs with swipes of their swords, but they fail to bring him down on their run! Niklas manages to keep steady as he rises slowly.

[Combined Maneuver: Two Other Guards: 5, 6, average 6: +3 bonus!]
[Trip: Two Other Guards vs. Niklas: 4+3 vs. 2+1]

This, however, does not last, as two more run at him from the side, doing a combined powerslide that causes Niklas to lose his footing easily! Niklas falls over, cursing his terrible luck with this whole thing.

At just that moment, he notices his legs heat up quite a bit. Well, maybe quite a bit isn't entirely descriptive. Quite a lot would be better. His legs don't so much heat up as they instantly boil, detonating explosively along with the entire lower half of his body, shrapnel flying all about as a result.

[Guard dodge rolls: 2, 5, 6, 3, 4, 4]
[Guard 1 and 4's endurance rolls: 5, 3]

Niklas hears two screams and a whole lot of surprised exclamations as this happens. And a thump, followed by more screaming.

"That motherfucker!" one of the guards screams. "Can't ever give us a warning, the belligerent piece of shit!"

Niklas notices that the guards, shocked and slightly harmed, seem to be retreating rapidly.

"Run, daddy! Run! It hurts so bad!"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton looks for robed individuals of interest, heeding the words of the possibly insane man. Fortunately, there is one such man nearby! Has a beard and everything.

"Excuse me, sir, would you happen to have any time to answer a few questions?"

The man turns to Morton, gazing intently at his fine wooden finish.

"Have you heard the good news?"

"Uh oh."

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren tries to get out of this situation as well as he is able.

"Well, you're not lying, though I am curious about how you smell with a metal nose."

He pauses a moment, during which the mechanical man stares at him with what can only be described as burning mistrust.

"But you do have my intentions wrong. I was sent down here to do a god a little favor, and I should have gotten a bit more informed before heading down here."

"I figured you'd have an excuse. Your kind always does. Get informed elsewhere. And do not speak to my daughter. She needs not be corrupted by your fiendish ways."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: October 12, 2013, 08:18:24 am »

To the demon crazed fashion guy! *60's/70's sound effects!*
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: October 12, 2013, 08:27:04 am »

Sigmund was surprised, so he asked:

-And what exactly would be your method of fixing him?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:38 am »

"And why will you charge another gold coin if it works?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 719