Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556222 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7080 on: September 26, 2013, 07:45:51 am »

Man the fuck up and get to the ship

Failed that, ask somebody for help

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: September 26, 2013, 08:44:23 am »

Fine, Scott will stalk about for some money and try to find an inn that lets you order and take out meals or get a caterer in.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:56:48 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: September 26, 2013, 08:56:36 am »

"Sorry for the chest thing. Twas kinda hard to notice how desperate the situation was from up there. How'd you fling me out of there anyway?"

"As for the scissors, I have no idea. I think there's a spear somewhere inside me, too."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: September 26, 2013, 09:30:49 am »

Yes please.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: September 26, 2013, 04:45:25 pm »

Morton gives another glance to see how Art is doing. The desk is starting to get anxious, while the chat and subsequent conversation were interesting it only served to distract momentarily from the task of finding out what happened to his allies and friends. This didn't lead to as interesting an end as he had pondered on either, but not everything has to be overly dramatic.

~I'm happy to help in what way I can, but I'm afraid I haven't heard of much. I'm recent to this town and if I understand right don't aim to be here much sooner. I must ask however, would you perhaps know where a bookstore would be here? I'm rather interested in satisfying a curiosity or two.~ Technically not a lie.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:48:14 pm by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: September 27, 2013, 07:05:47 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund decides that he must man the fuck up and take his medicine, trying to summon up the willpower to do so.

He bites down on his lip to prevent it from quivering overmuch and continues on his grim task of pulling Mark over to the ship. Within the hour, he is there, and upon his arrival he notices primarily that the Artiste seems to be up and about. His limbs are moving in opposite directions and he looks pretty out of it, but he seems to have found his way to the railing, currently busy vomiting intensely. The Captain appears to be following him around.

"Don't be afraid to LET IT ALL OUT, GOOD SIR! PURGE THE DEMONS AWAY!"

Some time earlier on the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott resignedly accepts the solemn task of getting some grub, heading out to find some money. Fortunately for him, there is a wishing fountain on the way, which provides plenty of loose change. 9 coppers and a silver, actually. Certainly plenty for some food.

He then searches for a tavern or inn that would fold to his rather insane demands. He tries the Feisty Jelly, heading right in.

"Excuse me, I'd like some food to go!"

"Go where?"

"Places!"

"What kind of food?"

In an interrogation room...

Kevin continues being a model of criminal cooperation..

"Sorry for the chest thing. 'Twas kinda hard to notice how desperate the situation was from up there. How'd you fling me out of there anyway?"

"Ways and means, buddy. Ways and means."

Okay then.

"As for the scissors, I have no idea. I think there's a spear somewhere inside me, too."

"Hm. That means your bits are even weirder than the ones your pal Sigmund had. Hang on a second."

Carlson steps over to a nearby cabinet and retrieves a mean-looking hatchet from it.

"Right, let's try this again."

He aims the hatchet at Kevin's wrist carefully, then tries to bring it down rapidly. This time, the hatchet sinks into it in a more conventional, somewhat painful way. Carlson pulls it out easily, looking curiously at the half-severed hand.

"Huh. Strange."

This time, his swing is a bit weaker, and does not go much further. He swings again, and again, and finally chops the hand right off, lifting it up, examining the cutters still protruding from it.

"Weird. Anywho, we'll be able to study this thing in detail now. Guess there's no point in keeping you, then."

He grabs Kevin and pulls him back over to the lobby, having said that last bit more to himself than Kevin. In about five minutes, they're there.

"You're a free man for now, Kevin. If you see your chair friend, tell him we'd like to talk to him, okay?"

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas accepts the five chair offer, and the man disappears the gold coin as well.

"And now we wait."

"So, Dad, what are you going to do now?"

On a telepathic ship...

Morton looks over at Art, who seems quite amused with himself or maybe herself. Hm. Perhaps he should get to business.

~I'm happy to help in what way I can, but I'm afraid I haven't heard of much. I'm recent to this town and if I understand right don't aim to be here much sooner. I must ask however, would you perhaps know where a bookstore would be here? I'm rather interested in satisfying a curiosity or two.~

~Oh, I'm recent here as well. I couldn't tell you. Where are you from?~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: September 27, 2013, 07:19:17 am »

Sigmund mentally cursed Scott and carried Mark to the cargo hold and checked his possessions.

He also looks if Erin is awake on his way there

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: September 27, 2013, 08:58:04 am »

"See you later!"
Kevin Cooker, High Jester of many Barons and Lords, crawls back to the ship with as much dignity has left.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: September 27, 2013, 09:12:12 am »

"Anything good for a hangover. Fried or salt dried meat, specifically pork."

Takes food to the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: September 27, 2013, 11:05:37 am »

Tell you what, Torkel - what do you want to do?
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: September 27, 2013, 12:51:19 pm »

~Quite alright, I'm sure I'll find such a business eventually.~ Morton quietly hopes in perfectly fine conditions without any sort of problem.

~Me? Oh, just a small town out in more rural areas called Camellia. A quaint, quiet place, I spent most of my first chance there. I'd quite often daydream of heading to big cities like this to see what all the fuss was about, but never got around to it as I was always just so content with my life there. The quiet politeness of people, the way the sun looks over a stream that cuts through the crop fields, making the spray look as if the stars themselves given a liquid form, the almost lackadaisical whimsy with how life went on.... I've a great many good memory of that place. It's where I lived, prospered, made friends, got married, and eventually passed.~ The desk was quiet for a while.

~I wonder how it's doing now... To be honest, I don't know much of where it is in relation, I rarely left except for some minor schooling. I'm not even that sure how much time has passed either... I wonder if they'd still remember me. Or if they're still there, might be another question.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: September 27, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund privately curses the very concept of his old friend as he drags Mark along, the body of the pseudo-doctor clanging along as he pulls it down the stairs. On the way, he takes a look inside Erin's cabin.

She appears to be lying on her side on her bed, looking quite uncomfortable. Hm. Guess she's not accessible for now. Sigmund just keeps on dragging his friend, eventually reaching the cargo bay. At this point, he checks out what Mark's got on him.

Okay, so... there's three weird leech-things here. Also, what appears to be a surgeon's kit. Two books and a halberd. And then there's a whole bunch of things Sigmund can't readily identify - he thinks they might be divination implements. Most notably a weird set of dice with what must be currently unintelligible words on them.

In the guard HQ of Shriekpot...

Kevin, supposing he's gotten off as easily as can be expected, is as polite as ever.

"See you later!"

"Don't be a stranger now!"

With the goodbyes done, Kevin attempts to leave.

[Kevin movement roll: 6+1-2]

He finds that he can manage a pretty good roll in his state. He rolls right out of the building and quickly gets out onto the streets, whereupon he easily finds the way back to the ship. The Artiste is on deck! He is busy blowing chunks over the railing under the wise guidance of the Captain.

In the Feisty Jelly...

Scott isn't too specific - he knows the Artiste probably won't be overly picky.

"Anything good for a hangover. Fried or salt dried meat, specifically pork."

"Comin' right up - our specialty, y'know."

The tavernkeeper yells unintelligibly to the back room, and it takes but a few minutes for a combination plate of bread and salted meats to arrive. The tavernkeeper looks at it for a moment.

"Y'll be takin' this along, I presume?"

Scott nods. The tavernkeeper takes out a small net from nearby, then carefully packs the food into it, making sure to line the outside with the meat.

"Early mornin' discount - two coppers!"

Scott pays up, grabbing the net of food and shambling off the premises, reaching the ship quickly. He notices that the Artiste is up and busy vomiting profusely! And Kevin's back!

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas, while he waits, asks Torkel for advice.

"Tell you what, Torkel - what do you want to do?"

The response comes immediately.

"Fly! Fly high up in the sky!"

On a telepathic ship...

Morton, sadly let down by the ship in his darkest hour, resignedly accepts the lack of advice.

~Quite alright, I'm sure I'll find such a business eventually.~

He then expands upon his incredibly lacking backstory.

~Me? Oh, just a small town out in more rural areas called Camellia. A quaint, quiet place, I spent most of my first chance there. I'd quite often daydream of heading to big cities like this to see what all the fuss was about, but never got around to it as I was always just so content with my life there. The quiet politeness of people, the way the sun looks over a stream that cuts through the crop fields, making the spray look as if the stars themselves given a liquid form, the almost lackadaisical whimsy with how life went on... I've a great many good memory of that place. It's where I lived, prospered, made friends, got married, and eventually passed.~

Morton goes quiet. Sensing a dramatic pause, the ship follows suit.

~I wonder how it's doing now... To be honest, I don't know much of where it is in relation, I rarely left except for some minor schooling. I'm not even that sure how much time has passed either... I wonder if they'd still remember me. Or if they're still there, might be another question.~

~I'm sure they do. You seem like a memorable person. What was your spouse like?~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: September 27, 2013, 02:08:34 pm »

Check Mark's books.

EDIT to give Mark something to do (not really, but to tell him what has happened):

As Sigmund examinated the books, he told Mark:

-Listen, trying to rob that bookstore ended with most of us mangled and lacking limbs, so I think that you will have some precious work. On the other hand, the guards seem to be rather competent, so try to stay low and don't do anything that may compromise any of us. Oh, and, if you happen to come across a man made of chairs, tell him to stay away from the ship and us, because the most probable thing is that he is Niklas, and there is a high bounty on him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: September 27, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »

Excellent idea!

Go outside and attempt to hover using my chair magic. If it succeeds, begin going higher and slowly increasing speed until I'm about 20 feet above the ground and moving at a good clip.
Go in a big circle around the block for now.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: September 27, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

~Heh, I dearly hope that is a good remark.~ Morton joked, before returning back to his exposition.

~Being remembered is fine and nice, but what I really want is for them to be happy and to not worry too much about me. If that much can be done, then I can be happy. My wife... Heheh, words can't describe. She is--... She... Was everything I wanted in life, she was my life in a sense. I would do anything for her, climb any mountain, fight any foe, debate any politician, match wits with any wizard, and I still would today. She was what got me out of bed every morning thinking I was the luckiest damned guy in the world. She taught me to always think optimistically, to give everyone a chance, to help whoever needed it, to stand by my friends and to always look for options in any situation. I remember that I'd tease that I either must of been in a coma and dreaming, or she chose me because of my tea. She'd always say it was because of my wit and smile... But that the tea was a nice perk, better than the mage's down the way at any rate.~ The desk couldn't help but laugh to himself at the memory.

~I was her Carter, and she was my Ruth. I don't think I can explain it any better than that.~
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 719