Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556328 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6930 on: September 14, 2013, 02:11:27 pm »

[I'm not sure how I can offer help beyond that there might be other ways to get out of there. Practice your portal thingy, or try to think of ways out I guess, you might get struck by an idea.]

~Much luck actually, me and my compatriots managed to locate a ship for few funds to take us to our destination. Well, few funds but some hard work I suppose. I do thank you greatly for keeping the offer on the table for us however, very considerate of you.~
Morton mentally explained, still a finding talking in this method a touch odd. Knowing that the mentalist can probably read his thoughts, he figures he may as well say something to that extent instead of have them dig it up. ~I must admit that speaking in this manner is a touch foreign to me, I'm afraid I'm more comfortable with speaking face to face I suppose. Either way it is grand to hear that things have been looking up for you, I always find joy in others being happy, it's how most people should be I believe.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: September 14, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »

Try to calm down and think of a way out.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: September 14, 2013, 06:06:11 pm »

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas continues the haggling, as is traditional.

"If I upped the weight of the chairs to be 32.5 kilograms, then, would there be any tasks I could perform for you that would be worth 1 gold and three silvers?"

"Not really, no. We have no debtors nor suppliers, and require nothing that we cannot create ourselves aside from money, which we prefer to earn as honestly as possible. Better living through transmutation, I believe they call it. Very liberating."

Bummer. How is an honest murderous thug to make a living when there are people around that don't need anything aside from money?

In Undefined Space...

Timothy explains his purpose or lack thereof here in so many words.

"I is stuck here!" he announces cheerfully. He then recalls that they haven't been introduced yet, which seems quite unlike how he thinks a true gentleman should behave. He strives to rectify this dire error immediately.

"Oh, yeah- I be Timothy. What's youse name?"

"I am Og. And you speak what is not true - nobody stuck here. All who are here, choose to be here."

While considering the implications of such a phrase, Timothy tries to summon up some blocks for her. However, he only succeeds in slightly unbalancing the nearby nonsensical ether, causing odd geometric ripples to form. They gather around whatever blocks Timothy had already left lying around, assuming what Timothy can only guess is a protective orbit.

At the guard HQ of Shriekpot...

Scott stalls for time, hoping to get a better deal by persistently bringing up better ways to deal with him.

"O...kay. Do you happen to have a witness protection program? I am not comfortable about ratting out on the guy who has complete and utter control over my soul before I can be sure my continued existence."

The receptionist nods.

"We can help you with that. Would you like to sign up?"

In an altogether different room, Sigmund tries to take his impending amputation like a man.

"Well, I think that I'm going to need something that doesn't break my teeth even more. Wouldn't my lack of some teeth count as something?"

"Well, if you feel like biting down on the shrapnel of your own teeth is good enough, more power to you."

"Oh, well, couldn't you use something that could make this quicker? Like, I don't know, a big axe? It's not like I can bleed to death."

The man in charge of amputation scoffs at the very notion, scowling at Sigmund.

"Why, to entertain such a barbaric notion would be intolerable! An axe? What do I look like, some sort of savage?"

"The saw certainly makes for a neater separation, you have to admit. Now, let's get on with it, shall we?"

"Agreed, let's be quick about it."

The amputation expert places his saw slightly above where Sigmund supposes his bicep is and begins to furiously saw through his arm. It is a very long and very painful process, lasting a whole hour while the man experiments with various methods to get through the odd pseudo-bones running through the arm. Eventually he does manage it, much to the delight of Sigmund, who has stoically born his suffering throughout the entire hour. Fortunately, Carlson had already run out of terrible amputation puns within fifteen minutes, and the rest of the time was spent in solemn silence occasionally broken up by a bout of swearing from the amateur surgeon at work.

"Finally!"

"Right bastard of a limb that was."

The man picks up the severed arm, looking at it from several angles.

"Well, that's all, I guess."

"Yes. So, how does it feel to have one less arm, Sigmund?"

Sigmund has to say that it is an altogether familiar feeling, and it lacks a certain something the next time around.

On the deck of a strange ship...

Morton relates his magnificent adventures to the captain. Well, what he knows of them, at any rate.

~Much luck actually, me and my compatriots managed to locate a ship for few funds to take us to our destination. Well, few funds but some hard work, I suppose. I do thank you greatly for keeping the offer on the table for us however, very considerate of you.~

~Very few actually take the opportunity to travel with me. I am unsure why exactly, but I think that my method of relating puts people off. Still, carrying passengers is only a side goal - it's the cargo that matters, after all.~

~I must admit that speaking in this manner is a touch foreign to me, I'm afraid I'm more comfortable with speaking face to face, I suppose. Either way, it is grand to hear that things have been looking up for you, I always find joy in others being happy, it's how most people should be, I believe.~

~Sadly, this is as close to a face-to-face conversation as I can get. One could say it's slightly more intimate than that, though I find that very few use the opportunity to look outwards rather than retreat back. Is it some sort of instinct, I wonder? A sense of being invaded preventing exploration?~

In a shallow grave...

Kevin tries to figure a way out. He thinks and he thinks, and comes up with several plans of action.

Sadly, they all require him being about a meter higher than he is right now, which slightly obsoletes the entire need for a plan in that case. He has zero clue what he could possibly do aside from act like an expensive mummy and hope for enterprising grave robbers.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: September 14, 2013, 06:20:29 pm »

Sigmund tried to look at the space where arm used to be, then told Carlson:

-Well, it certainly makes you feel out of balance, I have to say. Considering how difficult it was to remove it, may I examine it? Ideally, I would like to take it, considering that we mutants don't know much about our own anatomy, and that arm would certainly help me to understand my own physiology.

Take the arm and examine it

He then added something:

-There was a device within my possessions that was actually borrowed. Is there any chance to get it back so that I can give it to its legitimate owner?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:44 pm »

~As close as you can get, 'sadly'? I'm afraid I don't quite understand, are you perhaps far away from this locale or otherwise incapable? Do you require assistance of some kind, or perhaps require help?~ Morton ponders on this, does the captain perhaps wish for a face to face conversation, or was the 'sadly' was just stated for Morton's sake? ~I did not mean to relay that talking in such a way was off putting for myself, simply that it is something new. I've surely dealt with stranger than holding a conversation in my head with another, it's simply an activity I don't do quite frequently is all. If I remember correct I believe I actually spoke out loud last time, a touch embarrassing I suppose looking back. It's a shame people don't take the chance to travel with you, you seem like an interesting fellow to converse with, that much I can glean from our conversations.~

[So it seems everyone has those strange super-hard bones after the transformation. I'm curious if they're present in Morton, or if not because he technically doesn't have bones anymore. On another note, I'm not sure how well the fabulous demon will take our wounded traveling through again, but I suppose relating that the world is cruel to beautiful things might explain that.]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:50:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: September 14, 2013, 07:50:59 pm »

Well, I only possess 4 gold. What if I went and got 1 gold and three silver, then came back here - I could get the chairs then, could I not?
Also, remind me in case I'm not remembering correctly, a regular chair is one silver, is it not?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:47 pm »

((I thing that if I get my arm back I will just make mark sew it. I'm not planning in going through that dimension again. If I happen to roll a 1 (in how well is the circle made) I will be lost forever, probably))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: September 14, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »

[Morton got a one, he wound up fine, but then again I don't really attempt to go with combat that often I suppose. Kevin got a one, I think, on the formation of the circle and he made it back although it took a bit admittedly. If you can get your arm back, although I think that would be an if since they spoke of mounting it on a wall, Mark can indeed probably just sew it on good as new.

On that note, I need to remember, was Morton spoken too about the deal with Mark? I think it's almost morning now, he can probably go pick him up if he knows. Or, I suppose, if Sigmund is leaving now that his arm was taken he can pick him up there I guess.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: September 14, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »

((yes I should be able to stitch you back together or stitch in a replacement limb or even a different creatures limb if you desire))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: September 14, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »

((Also, I PMed OREOSOME and he said he won't be getting back into the game.
We should say he died when Bernie did or something.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: September 15, 2013, 02:05:40 am »

"Could you explain it to me?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: September 15, 2013, 02:26:30 am »

((If we all have super-hard bones, that must've been some high-class telekinesis or magic that smashed me apart.))
Kevin sighed, and prayed to the gods again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: September 15, 2013, 02:43:00 am »

Yes, so...It was that damned lanky armed bastard.
I shouldn't have believed him, he claimed to have been given orders by our new master, the Artiste.
Said he wanted a book and that he was given special permission to get it by ny means.

When I initially refused, he claimed the book had already been paid for, but had been withheld after the bookseller learned of its real value and thus it was the masters rightful property. He said my personal mission was to delay the seller and any guards by any means necessary whilst he got the book and ran back to the master. Having already failed my master once...

Scott will forcibly recall the pain of killing that damned child necromancer and react applicably

...I...I wasn't going to risk it again. I admit I have lied to this point....but I couldn't risk stating all this in front of lanky...he...he had plans for an eventuality where he was imprisoned that doesn't bear contemplation. The master is used to our schemes and punishes us accordingly...however...lanky...lanky is vicious. It's hard to keep your sanity when all you have is an accursed bond to an individual you don't like and a certain ethereal future of terror and woe. See how willing he was to lose a limb? If you noticed...they weren't his to begin with, and despite our physiology...the nature of our enchantment 'allows' us to feel pain.

You see this?

Scott will point to his chin.

It's his work. He came to the gang one day and said the Artiste had been scammed out of his money for a ticket for a ship. He said he had scouted out the city and found the scammers in a tavern in the trade district.

He...he ordered us to help him kill everyone he found in the place...In the name of our master. I had initially objected, saying that innocents would only turn the city against our master...but the look in his dead eyes quietened me.

Fortunately, later that night, when we stormed blades raised high...we were met by a company of armed men, presumably city guards. Whilst we felled several of them, and captured the proprietress of the establishment...the rest of the tavern had time to flee. Lanky was not happy.
He turned to me and screamed that I was a traitor, that I had alerted the city guards. He...hacked at my face several times with his sword...missing every few slashes. But he succeeded in separating me from my jaw. He then, after questioning her, killed the proprietress out right and lopped off her jaw.

He said "A perfect present for you Scott...for you and all that women's talk."

Scott will curl up in his chair, shuddering, hoping beyond hope that the slivers of truth will distort the lies he was telling them and win him his freedom.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:21:00 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: September 15, 2013, 02:56:02 am »

"Nah, I is stuck her for sure," Timothy went on, speaking to the strange girl as he went back to his blocks, "Dem voices says they's send me home, but not do nothin'. Guess I stays here."

>Continue working with my own collection of blocks- try to recreate the "real" world, or at least what I remember it looking like.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: September 15, 2013, 03:03:17 am »

[Hahahahaha, glorious Inn. I'm honestly curious as to what will happen next.]
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 719