Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556458 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6870 on: September 11, 2013, 10:07:16 am »

Timothy screwed his face up in a confused frown, an expression no doubt horrible to anyone unfortunate enough to see it. That is, no one.

'But if they don't like any of those places, that only really leaves...' He grimaced, awful memories that not even a lifetime (and deathtime!) of mental scrubbing couldn't wipe from his mind came flooding back.
Rather than dwell on those, he figured he might as well just throw it out there and see if it'd work. You know, before actually thinking it through. That wouldn't help right now.
"Maybe dis not works... maybe I kinda hopes no... but here goes, try dis."

>Imagine Timothy's boyhood home, the little shack half-sunken into a swamp.

>Await reaction (hopefully, teleportation) from the Voices.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: September 11, 2013, 10:09:33 am »

How much would 40 kilogram chairs cost?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: September 11, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »

"Hm, I believe it to be this way, if I recall..." Morton spoke as he tried to lead Art where he saw the ship last.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: September 11, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »

Well, having been conscripted by a foreign necromancer, we can hardly be called anything other than tools, and should be treated as such. We cannot be culpable of any action we do as long as that action is ordered by the person who's magic binds us, for if we would refuse we would be magically tortured and compelled to do whatever nefarious task put forward without mind or control. Our crimes should thus, by necessity, ethics and empathy, be transferred to our master.

Scott attempts to be a professional man of law, and just as deceitful.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: September 11, 2013, 07:54:13 pm »

"Please do so."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:33 pm »

At the guard HQ of Shriekpot...

Sigmund is cautious about admitting guilt, at least when he doesn't know the punishment he might face.

"Well, first I feel the need to ask you two questions. The first is what kind of punishment does thievery deserve, and the second is if there is a way to decrease that punishment by doing any kind of charitative act."

"Well, confessing will net you a summary confiscation of your current properties and also the confiscation of one of your arms. Not confessing will give you the same, except we confiscate both arms and possibly your head, depending on how much time is wasted in the process of us explaining that you were caught in the act and resisted arrest the first time around."

Scott, not being a fan of either option, tries to go for the classic soulbound defense.

"Well, having been conscripted by a foreign necromancer, we can hardly be called anything other than tools, and should be treated as such. We cannot be culpable of any action we do as long as that action is ordered by the person who's magic binds us, for if we would refuse we would be magically tortured and compelled to do whatever nefarious task put forward without mind or control. Our crimes should thus, by necessity, ethics and empathy, be transferred to our master."

"Ah, is that so? You say in all honesty that somebody magically compelled you and your accomplices to enter a bookstore unlawfully, slay several officers of the law and one civilian and resist arrest, which included multiple unsuccessful efforts to murder additional officers of the law?"

In a shallow grave...

Kevin tries to get out of this damn sack already. It's really tough to move in it.

[Kevin strength roll: 1-1]

However, being encased in rather unyielding soil is rather unhelpful in that respect. In fact, his latest movements just result in the dirt packing itself around him quite a bit more densely than before - he can hardly move at all now.

In Undefined Space...

Timothy, desperate to get out of this weird plane, tries one more memory - that of his childhood home, so distant and muddled, and yet quite important as well.

"Maybe dis not works... maybe I kinda hopes no... but here goes, try dis."

He imagines the shack that couldn't even sink into a swamp right, the place where he spent his earliest years... quite the place it was, really. The bits of emotion seem to set the voices off once more, and they begin to furiously chatter once more - not in a positive fashion, though.

In fact, they seem to be getting quite annoyed - they keep repeating certain phrases to him, like 'not in the center', 'you will die', 'you are chained', 'move to the edge', 'find the guardians', 'ask for help'. They even enunciate the words with extreme emphasis. How strange.

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas asks more about the prices in this joint.

"How much would 40 kilogram chairs cost?"

"Still the standard price, good sir, but the courtesy material fees increase - you only get the standard price if you provide 20 or so kilograms of material, and a discount of 1 gold coin if you provide the full weight of the chair in preferably metallic goods."

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton tries to recall the direction the ship was in.

"Hm, I believe it to be this way, if I recall..."

He leads Art down the docks over to where he saw the ship last - it is still there, fortunately enough, and it appears completely empty of life at first sight - no lights, no people, no activity. As the two approach closer, this impression proves completely correct - there really doesn't seem to be anyone aboard right now. Art looks at Morton, shrugs and steps aboard.

He then stops in his tracks, slightly weirded out by something.

"Uhm... hello. What? Oh, right," he says, becoming quiet after a moment of confused speech. He appears to be concentrating, though there's also a strange look to him, almost like childlike wonder, or at least the closest thing to childlike wonder that one can read from a face that is half-transparent.

At the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren, not really having the patience for the roundabout ways of the gibbon, reiterates what he wants.

"Please do so."

The giant gibbon seems to think for a bit. It then shakes its head vigorously, giving Darren a hearty two-thumbs-down.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: September 12, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »

Scott will deadpan in his derision. Trying to put forth his statements as obvious conclusions that anyone would reach and putting forth himself being a husband of a wizard,thus a person of factual authority.
"Yes. Apparently wizards like books."
-pause to obviously eyeroll-
"Enough as to not afford the thousands they collect...You know...being people that tend to rely on handouts or others to earn them income as they play with other expensive, and often explosive, corrosive, addictive, festering and etc components."

Scott will return to professional tones, as to further convince the lawman.

"Now that our mission can no longer be feasibly be carried out, the compulsion is removed, hence our enthusiasm to surrender and pour out our cold, dead hearts to you... instead of rabidly removing your innards and playfully maiming you."

(I am really enjoying this segment rather perversely. ^.^)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:31:31 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: September 12, 2013, 03:23:26 pm »

Sigmund told to Scott:

-Just shut up, please.

He then turned to Carlson:

-Okay, I confess, but can I keep my arm, please? It's not going to be of any utility to you...

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »

((What are you doing?! I can get us free. D: Trust in the dice Tomcost! TRUST IN THE DICE!!! .0.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: September 12, 2013, 03:40:08 pm »

((Hey, it's just an arm, it's not like we are going to be deprived from being able to grab stuff. And there is also Mark...

Anyway, I don't trust the dice, because the most likely outcome would be the guards attempting to imprison our master, and that won't end well in any way possible. If he gets killed, we die, if he survives, we are likely going to be tortured and probably die from our incompetence.

All in all, losing an arm, the guisarme and the crossbow doesn't look like something so bad, actually. We have lots of harpoons in the ship, so being weaponless won't be any issue right now. Maybe Niklas will give us som of his loot))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »

((I for one don't like losing body-parts arbitrarily. Scott will now assume that you are an extreme sadomasochistic fetishist. :P

It;s not like our master is helpless, and he would only find out if someone told him of our betrayal. He did okay our plans, and thus is legally responsible. :P))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: September 12, 2013, 03:50:40 pm »

((Allright, I just weighted everything, and, well, the alternative where I confess seems better overall))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: September 12, 2013, 03:55:15 pm »

((Welp, scott is just going to use you as evidenc eof magical compulsion to cover the magicians arse. :P))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: September 12, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »

((Seems fair. Sigmund is not going to sell somebody with total control over his very essence just to keep an arm. He already lost two by being severed, and four more when he had those arms fused in the super long ones))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: September 12, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

"Ah. Well, is there any way I could get in there?"
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 719