Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556575 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6825 on: September 07, 2013, 11:26:12 am »

Sigmund shouted:

-Damn, Kevin! Can't we have a single day of our unlives in which we don't end up losing limbs or being mauled?

Sigmund then drops his spear and says:

-Okay, I surrender. I was not the one who hurt any of you, anyway, I just got stabbed and beaten, and then tried to threaten you to prevent more bloodshed. The guy that kills people is not even here, anyway.

Cover my head with my arms in case shit happens

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: September 07, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

[Things just go from bad to worse, don't they?]

"Magical powers? In addition to those you already posses as a mage I assume, perhaps granted by your new form? Hm, an interesting prospect. I'm afraid I don't quite know of any of the others who have such powers, but then I suppose we're all still getting used to our new form, trying to understand how it works properly." Morton shrugged. After the response Art will probably give, Morton launches on another subject. "If you don't mind me asking, sir Mage Art, what exactly led you to be with this assortment of individuals? No offense to the others, but you all together seem more... Relaxed, than your compatriots. Hm... Perhaps that's not the right term, no... Rather, you seem like the kind of person I could perhaps imagine meeting in a library or bookstore rather than out wondering and doing strange things. I suppose 'normal' might suffice as the word, although I'm hesitant to use it in these times to be frank."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: September 07, 2013, 12:26:35 pm »

"Sir, I surrender. As a noble, even minor, you will treat me and my servants more gently than this and you will bloody well like it!"

Scott throws down his spear.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:30:09 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: September 07, 2013, 05:37:25 pm »

What is your preferred payment method?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: September 08, 2013, 03:53:48 am »

In Undefined Space...

Timothy looks at the shattered remains of the hippo. Um... uh... better make this good, 'cause he thinks there won't be a repeat performance.

"... Ha! Ha ha? Heh heh hoo hahahah!" he forces out, though it's not the best laugh of his life, he must admit. Or his unlife, for that matter. He runs downstairs, noting how odd it is that he has to walk down them. After some time, he makes it down there.

Strangely enough, the hippo appears to be dissipating. His bones shift into various geometric shapes, as well as certain fruit-like shapes on occasion, then explode into tiny motes of dust. The clown costume quickly disintegrates, and soon there is but a small trace of unswept bonemeal where the hippo once was. For some reason, the strange and inexplicable void seems oddly quiet right now.

At Brenwicke's Books...

Kevin, supposing that one shouldn't give up on a plan that hasn't worked only once, and gets another chest, preparing to hurl it.

[Kevin strength roll: 4]

He picks the thing up slowly, shoving it out of the window right above the two guys skewering his buddies!

[Blackjack dodge roll: 1]
[Guard 2 dodge roll: 5]
[Blackjack endurance roll: 3]

Blackjack is hit straight on the head with the chest, though he takes it rather well - as in, he doesn't seem very dead right now. Merely unconscious and probably quite concussed. And covered in books of many sorts. The other guard dodges backwards in time, looking up at Kevin. It is not the nicest look Kevin has seen.

"Damn, Kevin! Can't we have a single day of our unlives in which we don't end up losing limbs or being mauled?" Sigmund shouts, quite dissatisfied at this turn of events. He then drops his stolen spear.

"Okay, I surrender. I was not the one who hurt any of you, anyway, I just got stabbed and beaten, and then tried to threaten you to prevent more bloodshed. The guy that kills people is not even here, anyway."

Scott also can't help but concur, freeing his grip on his guisarme and dropping it to the ground.

"Sir, I surrender. As a noble, even minor, you will treat me and my servants more gently than this and you will bloody well like it!"

Carlson nods at him.

"Since you surrender and all, you won't be killed just yet - have to wait until trial for that, don't you know."

He looks up at Kevin.

"That guy, though... won't be so lucky."

The guards quickly grab Sigmund and Scott, then drag Blackjack away from the building.

"And... now."

Kevin, who is a tad perplexed, suddenly feels something change about him. Something changes very rapidly, actually. He suddenly attains great velocity, and is flung against the back wall with amazing force, smashing into it extremely rapidly and immediately bouncing off, smashing into the next wall with the exact same rapidity. After about three more times smashing into virtually every wall in the store he flies out of the window, then ramming into the walls of several homes, yet flying perfectly horizontally for some reason. And then, just as abruptly as this neverending pinball hell began, it stops, and Kevin begins to fall, smashing into a final wall before unceremoniously falling down to the ground as a completely mangled and smashed mess.

[Kevin will roll: 2]

He feels that this doubtlessly could have gone better. This certainly could have gone much, much better. He thinks most of his face has wound up on various walls in the Trade District. As well as a large proportion of his arms and legs, not to mention his torso, his poor torso.

Back at the store, Carlson looks mighty pleased with himself after the screaming body of Kevin is launched out of the building.

"Right, let's go after him. He should look pretty amusing now."

The guards, after collecting Sigmund and Scott's weapons, start poking them over in the direction Kevin went.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton continues speaking with Art, supposing that he has little better to do and blissfully unaware of more exciting and far more terrible things happening elsewhere.

"Magical powers? In addition to those you already possess as a mage, I assume, perhaps granted by your new form? Hm, an interesting prospect. I'm afraid I don't quite know of any of the others who have such powers, but then I suppose we're all still getting used to our new form, trying to understand how it works properly."

"Yeah, and I think that light I have... well, had inside me does something other than look pretty. Guess only time will tell."

"If you don't mind me asking, sir Mage Art, what exactly led you to be with this assortment of individuals? No offense to the others, but you all together seem more... relaxed than your compatriots. Hm... perhaps that's not the right term, no... Rather, you seem like the kind of person I could perhaps imagine meeting in a library or bookstore rather than out wondering and doing strange things. I suppose 'normal' might suffice as the word, although I'm hesitant to use it in these times to be frank."

"Well, I'm really here because me, Evelyn, Erin and Justine went on a sort of joint venture. We were going to get into the Black Circle of Magic. Must have spent months planning it all out, who was going to be there, how to deal with 'em, that kind of thing. Grueling, but it was gonna be worth it - we were gonna get everything, access to the Black Circle, artifacts beyond measure, knowledge and so on. And from there, we would get our own domains, move up in the world. I mean, yeah, I already had a house and garden, and there was a bit of money in the exorcist business, but it didn't seem like something you want to do your whole life. There's gotta be more, you know? So I went with the scheme - Evelyn had contacted me previously - I knew her from my university days, though not her new friends, certainly. And, some misadventures and so on later, I'm here. Can't say it's been the worst experience, really."

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas is intrigued by the proposal.

"What is your preferred payment method?" he asks.

"Money, preferably. And if you wish to cut down on costs, you can also give us some materials to work with. It's cheaper when you have some dense matter ready than when you have to do the whole thing out of thin air. And once you pay, we guarantee satisfaction within the margin of your payment."

Fortunately, Niklas does have some money - exactly four gold coins in change that he took from the dead guards. And plenty of dense matter in the form of armor and weapons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:26 am »

I have four gold coins as well as all these armor pieces and weapons. If you want I could go put some competition out of business for you.

I need chairs. As many as all this stuff will pay for and as many as you're willing to give m for putting rival businesses out of business.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: September 08, 2013, 07:31:25 am »

Timothy frowned. He was rapidly approaching panic.
'Was this all a trick, then? That's nasty! I didn't think any of this was real, but he looks pretty dead-like to me... I hope not. He was nice!'

>Demand an explanation from the voices.

"Oi! You's all see dat, right? Had costume an' everyfing! Why's I hear not-laughin'?! You better not be tries to trick me!"

>Impatiently await an answer.

>Try and scrape that fine dust of bonemeal together into a pile, then, with no better options at hand, attempt to 'imagine' it back to life.
Undeath. Unlife. Whatever that hippo counted as in the first place, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: September 08, 2013, 08:12:50 am »

((I guess I have only one thing left to do. Let the dice decide my fate.))
Pray to the gods.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: September 08, 2013, 08:34:23 am »

Sigmund sighs in relief as he is carried by the guards, and says:

-I'm glad I surrendered, even if I get a new body, I prefer this before being mauled so badly. What kind of magic it was? I mean, I'm sure that nobody spontaneously flies out of a window on his own.

He then turns to Scott:

-Scott, I think that you just can't realize that you don't have servants any more, you are someone else's servant, deal with it.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: September 08, 2013, 09:20:56 am »

((Scott was trying to get him and Sigmund treated better, even to an end of escaping...he thought he was being kind.. ;.; )

Scott will look at Sigmund as if he was just put upon a slab where he would be forced to witness his own dissection.

I am a noble, and you are an idiotic, braindead, vacant, ignorant, repugnant and iconoclastic peasant. You will always be my servant.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:25:41 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:56 am »

Sigmund frwoned and gazed at Scott:

-I'm sorry? Did I hear well? WHEN WAS I YOUR SERVANT? And, for your information, I was a counselor, and if it hadn't been for that revolution I would be still in that place. Keep your rotten and conceited tongue inside your flithy mouth.

((Lol at how he thought it was kind))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: September 08, 2013, 09:36:00 am »

((I have no idea what's going on in that part of the story with you two (I'm currently re-reading the whole RTD, actually), but FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: September 08, 2013, 09:41:23 am »

((We are being carried by guards, actually, so we can't fight. We are just to bastards with a superiority complex))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: September 08, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »

[Okay, seems that there is now going to be four people waiting at the jail. One we can get out, three we'll have to spring. The only people who aren't currently in jail are the people who are furniture.]

"Justine? I don't believe I've heard of this person, an old compatriot I believe? It seems that must of the people you worked with have moved on to helping Master Artiste, what ever happened to Justine? Makes sense that you were in the exorcism business, you had stellar advice about it previous."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: September 08, 2013, 12:24:05 pm »

((They're not planning on arresting me. D:))
((Besides, they're going to put them on trial and probably hang them, so we need Niklas and his soon-to-be steel chairs to punch a hole in the walls.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 719