Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556601 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6795 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »

"I've no doubt you will, Sir Mage Art, you seem the resilient sort to me. Enjoying the perks of no longer needing sleep? I can't help but be agape at how much time I've whittled away while sleeping in my first chance. No longer feeling tired, always full of energy, every second that which is our own, it is a wonderful notion, isn't it? Although I'm not sure how much of my previous physiology traveled over to my new form however, I'm frankly still not sure who I hear except that I do. I think you'll enjoy the new qualities of life ahead of you, if going by my own experiences."

Morton must say, constantly looking at the stars does one's outlook quite well. Perhaps he should do this more often.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 06, 2013, 12:54:01 am »

"Don't leave yet, Niklas. We may need you for moving the chests."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: September 06, 2013, 01:40:41 am »

Mark checks out the window looking for how long till sunrise
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: September 06, 2013, 05:53:29 am »

((I will help after looting the house. Probably I will climb myself and keep searching stuff.

Anybody knows what happened to Innsmothe? Maybe school?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: September 06, 2013, 06:46:31 am »

Timothy blinked. He blinked a few times, actually, as the metaphorical gears in his head ground their way through that idea.

"A... a clown?"" That didn't sound so hard. He was expecting something rather more terrible and difficult. A clown toppling down a few stairs would be simple, he figured, especially with all the circus experience he had during his lifetime. Add to that the strange, malleable properties of the un-world he was in, and it was child's play.

His eyes slid over to his skeletal-hippo-companion...
"Hold still, I gotsa idea."

>Imagine up a lovely clown costume for my hippo-friend, hopefully using a similar process to the firework launchers.
If he complains, just explain how funny the end result will be, and the positive effects it will have for his acting career.

>Then conjure up a nice, fancy spiral staircase, shove ol' Hippobones down it, and laugh. As loudly and enthusiastically as needs be.

((I'm glad to see this is still going! Also, apologies for wandering off again, but with this new laptop comes a resolution: I shall stop being such a useless sod and actually post in all the games I'm in. :-[))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 06, 2013, 07:55:38 am »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Kevin clearly observes other chests and boxes on the top floor, but is a bit too lazy to do anything with them presently. With this in mind, he goes ahead and lies about the contents of the room.

"Alright guys, I'm coming out. No more scientific books here. Let's take it home," he says, climbing out of the window.

[Kevin climbing roll: 1+1]

Well, maybe not climbing exactly. In fact, he doesn't get anywhere at all from here presently, mostly due to the severe lack of anything soft to land on down there, and he really doesn't want to break anything important falling down by just risking the jump. In fact, Kevin thinks there's nobody outside right now at all.

Sigmund, being one of said absent people, decides to go ahead and explain to Niklas what is required of him. Honestly, these short attention spans are destroying society. Fortunately, Sigmund is a bit too high on blood to care, and promptly licks his lips clean before telling Niklas what the deal is currently.

"Our master asked for some books on the Sea of Death, Kevin should be dropping the books from the upper floor."

Having said that, Sigmund goes over to the house of the guards, hoping to go in. He steps over to the doorway, but finds it shockingly locked. Nobody trusts anybody anymore, he guesses.

Niklas, left with nothing but some vague instructions, decides to go look for some books. Finding none of the Sea of Death variety around on the ground, he decides that maybe he should go on a personal investigation instead. Namely, the investigation of where all the damn chairs are. This proves altogether more successful - there appears to be some sort of furniture store a few blocks away, or at least so he might guess from the sign, which says "Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends".

"Ooh, dad, are they a guild or something? They sound mysterious!"

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton guesses he should keep on being the positive Patty of the group to balance out all the bad things that insist on happening to them.

"I've no doubt you will, Sir Mage Art, you seem the resilient sort to me. Enjoying the perks of no longer needing sleep? I can't help but be agape at how much time I've whittled away while sleeping in my first chance. No longer feeling tired, always full of energy, every second that which is our own, it is a wonderful notion, isn't it? Although I'm not sure how much of my previous physiology traveled over to my new form however, I'm frankly still not sure how I hear except that I do. I think you'll enjoy the new qualities of life ahead of you, if going by my own experiences."

"Gotta say, I'll miss sleeping. The night's so very boring, you know? And you'll never again wake up refreshed, either. But I guess them's the breaks, huh? Better just go along with it."

Art pauses.

"You know, I just had an idea."

Art outstretches his hand for a moment. His inner light goes dim all of a sudden. Art stumbles, using a nearby barrel for support, then falls to the ground.

"Crap. Shouldn't... have done that... ugh..."

He lies mostly motionlessly on the ground.

In the jail of Shriekpot...

Mark, despite not really needing to, pretends that he can actually rotate his head in any way to look out of the window.

By his reckoning, there's about three, maybe two hours until the sun begins to rise. This being very late winter, he supposes that it's starting to get quite early.

In the timeless non-void of Undefined Space...

Timothy is a bit surprised at the simple request made of him, but not surprised enough to have any reservations. He looks over at the skeletal hippo, his one true helper in this alien dimension. Oh yes, he shall do most acceptably.

He imagines a clown costume on the hippo, shaping the undefined stuff into a rather good image of clowning professionalism, which fits the hippo just perfectly, actually. Very funny-looking, or so Timothy thinks, at least.

"What a marvelous outfit! You shouldn't have, really."

Alright, next step - spiral staircase! He strains his mind to produce a great staircase, a mighty construct of amazing proportions, with great steps that wind down for what may be quite a long distance indeed. He even adds slapstick gravity to it for kicks. Now for the main event!

[Timothy telekinesis roll: 1]

The hippo's too fast, though, floating obliviously out of the way as Timothy accidentally propels himself toward the stairs, flying into the rather amusing gravity well of the thing which, most unusually, seems to be able to affect him for some reason.

[Timothy agility roll: 5]

Fortunately, being both an acrobat and having three legs plays in his favor, and he manages to only dangle precariously over the steps before regaining balance. He can't help but wonder what could have happened had he not had the honed skills of a consummate entertainer. Probably something bad.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: September 06, 2013, 08:13:50 am »

Sigmund cursed those guards who could lock a door even in the circumstances in which the store could be being stolen. He walked to see what was happening at the store.

Sigmund checks the books and puts them in the boxes

[If there is not any book on the Sea of Death, he will say:]

-Kevin, are you having problems to find the books? Maybe I can help you.

Describe the books on the Sea of Death

[If the scientific treatise about souls is not inside the boxes:]

-Also, would you mind looking for a treatise about souls?

((We gotta finish this once and for all))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:23 am »

((Sorry I've been away, life interferes and crap.  :/ ))

Scott will go up to Sigmund and ask if anything needs doing.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: September 06, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Sigmund answered Scott:

-Well, actually, yes. Take these boxes with books to the ship. We will keep looking for more books, so come back afterwards.

((I mainly asked because if we leave and your character stays here, he will end up in jail or dead. If you can't post for some time, tell us, we will use Scott as a meatshield take care of your character. You don't have to be sorry, this is a forum game anyway))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:09 am »

( I can post now and can fr the foreseeable future.)

Scott shall sniff and shall take the books to the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: September 06, 2013, 08:46:36 am »

"...Ha ha?" Timothy gave a hopeful, if somewhat forced, chuckle as he regained his balance.
Maybe the Voices would find his own clumsiness amusing? Then again, he wasn't dressed as a clown, and nobody had actually fallen down the stairs yet, either. He sighed, then looked over at Skelehippo, then back to himself. 
"Guess I's tries dat again. Mebbe hedges my bets first, though..."

>Firstly, wait for any reaction from the Voices to that little spectacle.

>If none is forthcoming, imagine a clown costume of my own- just in case, eh? Make sure to include a jingly multicolour jester's hat.

>Then, time for take 2. Propel Skelehippo down the staircase with the best of intentions, whilst preferably not falling down myself.

>Whatever the result, dutifully summon up some satisfying belly laughs.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: September 06, 2013, 09:13:27 am »

"Too many books here to search, really, so these descriptions won't do much good. I'll look for books about souls."
Look for a chest filled with books about souls and related things. Push this one out of the window too.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: September 06, 2013, 09:18:09 am »

If so, I'd enjoy being a member.

Open door, preferably quietly, and go in. Absorb all chairs within into myself.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:32:40 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:45 am »

Sigmund frowned and told to Kevin:

-But if we don't get the books we would have been stabbed in vain!

Get away from dropping position, wait for Kevin to search, if he doesn't drop anything, or after he drops everything, Sigmund will evaluate how can climb the wall and do it. Liberal use of furniture to reach any grabbable surface is allowed

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:48 am »

"Why do you think I'm pushing chests out of this goddamn window?"

((I also realized that the only person likely to be able to push these chests is Niklas.))
((Also, Xantalos, "all furniture" may end badly, considering you only possess chair magic.))
((And my mind still hasn't quite got used to the fact that we're pulling a heist on a goddamn bookstore.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:28:41 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 719