Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556437 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6120 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:53 am »

"I hope you enjoyed it!", Kevin said to the crowd.
After this, he hurries out of the store, dragging Sigmund with him.
"Cmon, Sigmund. I don't think you want to be in a store infested with death mushrooms.", he whispers to him.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: July 24, 2013, 04:39:47 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas affirms his desire to go down this path that he has apparently chosen.

"I am prepared."

"Actually, you are not. But this is a natural delusion, really. What we will do now is prepare you. Making your dreams come true is but a matter of focusing oneself, which you cannot do properly, at least not yet. But fear not, it is entirely within your ability to master, as it is within mine. The first thing you need is to cleanse your mind somehow. I leave the method up to you."

Well, that's a bit less dramatic than Niklas hoped.

In the captain's quarters of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott examines the walls, finding them to be made of some kind of black, shiny material resembling something... woven, really. Point is, it's a bit too weird to mess with presently, so he just goes out on deck and looks around.

The Artiste is nowhere in sight, either on the pier, on the deck or at the harbor. Oh dear.

In Karina's home...

Darren keeps on trying to assuage Karina's concerns.

"I'm fine, don't worry, I've had much worse," he wheezes out in a strained voice, before smiling wryly. "Unless coughing some more would get me another hug."

Karina smiles, then hugs Darren again, though this time a bit more tightly.

In a toymaker's kitchen...

Morton quickly fills the wooden pitcher with tea, then fills a flask with tea from that. Then, after a brief round of mental sparring between the incompatible ideas of common decency and practicality, he sets both the pitcher and flask down on himself, grimly anticipating lasting marks on his immaculate surface. However, in these dark times, it is indeed a sacrifice he must make, distasteful as it may be.

Now the final part awaits - the presentation of his handiwork.

In Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, after thanking the mute many-armed man for his trouble, leans up against the wall and examines his ankles for a moment. They seem rather blackened. He doubts he'll ever be able to walk normally again. Oh, woe. He is about to reflect on his ineptitude when Kevin walks up to him after saying his piece to the confused crowd.

"C'mon, Sigmund. I don't think you want to be in a store infested with death mushrooms," he says in a whisper, then drags the guy out of the store before he manages to hurt himself even worse, finding Mark to still be at his voluntary post.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: July 24, 2013, 04:41:41 am »

By cleanse my mind do you mean purge it of all but one thing or of everything?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: July 24, 2013, 04:52:37 am »

Mark seeing Sigmund's state helps him walk back to the ship or anywhere he takes me.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: July 24, 2013, 06:22:29 am »

"Not so fast. Since we both seem to live now, you're probably the only guy that'll be able to go in there and fetch the books we need. You should probably wait a while for the mushrooms to murder everyone inside, tough. I'll bring Sigmund to the ship if he wants, but you have to stay here."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:55 am »

Simgund handed his gold coin to Mark and said:

-The most important part is geting the books. So, if you have to buy them, just do so.

He then turned to Kevin:

-I think that I need to see Erin now, so take me there if I'm not much of a bother.

Sigmund gets helped by Kevin and goes to see Erin, handwalking if necessary.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:54 am »

((The most important part is pointless murder for fun and profit.))
"Alright then, back to the ship we go."
Kevin brings Sigmund back to the ship.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: July 24, 2013, 08:52:03 am »

((Now that I think about the mushrooms, I think that both Morton and Sigmund were lucky when they first touched them, but I was unlucky this time. I say this because if Kevin still has undead flesh (as it was stated by Harry), then Sigmund should have it too, as they went through the same process anyway. So, to sum up, those mushrooms are the best weapon we have found yet))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: July 24, 2013, 10:36:21 am »

((Heya guys, whatcha doin- WHAT. DON'T TELL ME SOME OF YOU STILL AREN'T ON A BOAT.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: July 24, 2013, 10:45:08 am »

((Heya guys, whatcha doin- WHAT. DON'T TELL ME SOME OF YOU STILL AREN'T ON A BOAT.))

Such is the state of affairs, although they do seem to be just about ready to leave.

I'd rather let them have their fun, as things may get lethal soon enough.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: July 24, 2013, 10:58:20 am »

Walk in and find the books and stack them in a pile.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: July 24, 2013, 10:59:55 am »

((Yes, and I want a goddamn armor before leaving. Beacause the horrors of the Sea of Death are very likely to cause what gives the name to that mass of water))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: July 24, 2013, 12:59:28 pm »

((I'm in the process of a ritual to gain temporary control over reality with my thoughts.
It may kill me.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: July 24, 2013, 01:01:34 pm »

((I think that Harry just did a sanity roll for Niklas and you just got a 1. Because being inhibited to feel in any way is not good for your sanity, you know))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: July 24, 2013, 01:02:52 pm »

((That may be so, but maybe not. It'll be hilarious if he did, though.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 719