Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556528 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6090 on: July 22, 2013, 01:22:25 pm »

"You know, we don't have much coin for books. How are we going to get them? I can always do a peformance."
Kevin follows Sigmund to the bookstore.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: July 22, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »

Sigmund replied to Kevin:

-I have a gold coin, I don't think that they will cost more than that. I wonder if your perfomances would have a different effect now that you have flesh on your bones. You can always distract the shopkeeper while I get away if we have the need to just borrow them, you know. Now that I think about it, we might need more help if we find problems, the shop has an armored six armed guard. Let me handle this.

((Insert here my conversation with Mark))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:06 pm »

Sure then. I didn't even know I had a son up until now, really. It's a good feeling, knowing that you've sired another Viking.

Agree and talk with Torkeluweragnaharalniklastur while Kruub does his thing.

So Torkel. My full name I don't use very often down here because these southerner's tongues lack the strength to speak our names. My full name is Niklasbōrrūkvitådnīkrombūrvastidnasvenstur. No need to go looking for it. A raid can be dangerous depending on the composition of the raiders, and if I make it back home re-alive I will take you on a raid or two before the jarl of your village puts you on your training path. A raid is...the intimate expression of Vikingness. It happens when a group of Vikings, usually 20 - 50, have a spontaneous idea for a great raid and go about preparing it. They build sleighs ABD load them up with mead, seal intestines, seal intestines filled with mead, and a great many other good foods, and of course weapons and trumpets, and go careening across the land in search of a village with their sleigh train. Once they find a village, they crash the sleighs right in the center of the village and pour out like bees out of a happy drunk beehive to do whatever it was they had the idea for. Sometimes it's eating every third yak in 5 miles with only a twig, other times it's bedding every woman in the village - that's how I met your mother - sometimes it's killing everything in the village, though the ones who do that generally go to nonviking villages - or many other such merry activities. Our homeland has raids running through most of the villages every 6 months or so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »

"Well, I'll try."
Do eet.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »

"Captain, do you know where the Artiste keeps my money?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: July 22, 2013, 05:00:12 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund realizes that messing with what might be an imprisoned soul of a crazy person is perhaps not the best idea.

"That actually explains what happened. Now I see that it would be better to not mess up with that soul, it may not be convenient for us, as it could case a lot of problems. Thank you for the information, Art, I appreciate it."

Art says something back, but Sigmund can't hear it, really, being miles away by now in the mental sense. It was probably "you're welcome" or something anyway. He goes to the den, only to see Kevin speaking to the Artiste! The gall on the man! He probably got a task, too, judging by his beamish look!

This shall not stand. Sigmund quickly trots up to the Artiste, intent on helping out more than Kevin! By any means necessary!

"Is there anything that needs to be done?"

"Apparently we have to get some books on that sea thing we're going to. Do you of any bookstores around here?"

Nobody was asking you, you-

"Yeah, that. Go do that."

On second thought, he might be able to help out his good buddy Kevin after all!

"I know one, it's called Brenwicke's Books. I can take you there if you want," says Sigmund. Yes, he will certainly require a meatshield or a distraction of some kind, and Kevin fits the bill perfectly.

"You know, we don't have much coin for books. How are we going to get them? I can always do a performance."

You know, one expendable minion might not be enough for the job, Sigmund thinks. He'll need two at the very least.

"I have a gold coin, I don't think that they will cost more than that. I wonder if your performances would have a different effect now that you have flesh on your bones. You can always distract the shopkeeper while I get away if we have the need to just borrow them, you know. Now that I think about it, we might need more help if we find problems, the shop has an armored six armed guard. Let me handle this."

He walks back to the top deck, where Mark still sits around in boredom.

"Hey, tree-head! Would you want to come with us to do some shopping? Maybe you will get some body parts! Just make sure to attach them to someone who actually wants them."

[Mark will roll: 3+1]

Mark, eager to help his buddy Kevin, realizes that he'll just have to live with the reality that he might accidentally help Sigmund in the process and gets out of his chair. Together the jolly band head to Brenwicke's Books. Sigmund, showing remarkable resolve, doesn't even get lost... too much. They reach the place in due time. It looks to Sigmund like the coast is clear. Mark and Kevin, though, spot a guy observing them from a building opposite the store. Looks like a guard. Not a six-armed one, though.

Back on the ship, Niklas comes to a decision.

"Sure then. I didn't even know I had a son up until now, really. It's a good feeling, knowing that you've sired another Viking."

"Very well. I will return later! With tools!" says Kruub, disappearing off into the distance. This leaves the chair with Torkel and Helsvar. He decides to take this from the top.

"So, Torkel. My full name I don't use very often down here because these southerner's tongues lack the strength to speak our names. My full name is Niklasbōrrūkvitådnīkrombūrvastidnasvenstur. No need to go looking for it. A raid can be dangerous depending on the composition of the raiders, and if I make it back home re-alive I will take you on a raid or two before the jarl of your village puts you on your training path. A raid is...the intimate expression of Vikingness. It happens when a group of Vikings, usually 20 - 50, have a spontaneous idea for a great raid and go about preparing it. They build sleighs AND load them up with mead, seal intestines, seal intestines filled with mead, and a great many other good foods, and of course weapons and trumpets, and go careening across the land in search of a village with their sleigh train. Once they find a village, they crash the sleighs right in the center of the village and pour out like bees out of a happy drunk beehive to do whatever it was they had the idea for. Sometimes it's eating every third yak in 5 miles with only a twig, other times it's bedding every woman in the village - that's how I met your mother - sometimes it's killing everything in the village, though the ones who do that generally go to nonviking villages - or many other such merry activities. Our homeland has raids running through most of the villages every 6 months or so."

"You were so wonderful to me when we met, Niklas. I remember it like it was yesterday, really."

Torkel listens with clear wonderment, making the most of his bonding experience.

"Wow. So... what was your raiding sleigh like, dad? Was it fast? Did you have any trophies?"

While Niklas gets that bit of business in order, Scott is a bit busy on a different task. Namely, the acquisition of his damn gold! He petitions the Captain for aid!

"Captain, do you know where the Artiste keeps my money?"

"NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST! MONEY'S not really what I'M INTERESTED IN, TO BE HONEST! I PREFER to adventure for the THRILL OF IT!"

In Karina's home...

Darren, not one to refuse a lady, goes along with the request to sing more.

"Well, I'll try."

[Vocal performance roll: 1]

This time, he goes for a rather farcical little ditty that tells the story of Little Dickie Graham, meanest fellow to ever walk the streets of Fiverock. However, this proves to be a rather poor idea - Darren's voice, already kind of strained by the previous number, kind of gives out at the end of the first verse, which ends with a rather high note. He lapses into a coughing fit immediately, and he feels that he probably shouldn't sing more today. As soon as he begins to hack and cough, Karina moves closer to him rapidly.

"Oh dear, are you alright? I'm sorry I pushed you like that, it's just that... well... you seemed fine and... um..."

She looks a bit distraught now, at a loss on what to say, really.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »

Sigmund asked the other party members, in a quiet voice:

-Do you see any guards? Because the shopkeeper would be easy to take down if we need to.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: July 22, 2013, 05:18:58 pm »

They were drawn by an assortment of walrus, foxes, rabbits, moose, wolves, bear, and seals, so they were relatively fast. And in fact I did have some trophies: one for cooking for an entire village in less than an hour, one for cooking an entire village in less than an hour, and one for interbreeding moose and sheep over a period of a year and cooking the resulting shmeep.

So what about you? Have you done much in your village since you were born?
Sig! Onol

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: July 22, 2013, 06:11:33 pm »

Darren coughs a little.
"No worries, I'm fine. It's just been a busy few hours."
Test voice.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: July 22, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »

Mark shoos the two others inside then takes a guard position by the door watching for trouble with all his senses. With his Halberd out he did a good impression of a statue.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: July 22, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »

Morton gave himself a thumbs up. This will do splendidly! He still has it! The desk will attempt to locate a glass and a pitcher, pouring the tea in the pitcher then from there the glass. The desk will turn the stove off and then is just about to set the glass and pitcher on his wooden surface before he stops, remembering. How could he forget, the most important part of etiquette when dealing with beverages on wooden surfaces! For shame, he almost forgot the coasters! Morton will search for some, or the nearest equivalent, and then set the glass and pitcher on said coaster-or-nearest-equivalent.

Once completed, the desk will carefully move outside of the kitchen into the wood working room to serve the toymaker. "Good Sir Toymaker, the tea is done, I apologize for the wait however, here you are good sir." The desk will offer the man the glass of tea. "If it would be alright, may I fill a flask of mine with the tea, you can keep the rest if you desire good sir."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: July 22, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »

Sigmund stopped Mark from shoving him, and said:

-What are you doing? Just act normally, please. By the way, maybe I can introduce yourself as a surgeon, and may ask you to practice medicine to a guard or to the bookeeper in case we need to kill someone discretly. Well, I hope that you can be discreet, at least.

Sigmund then enters on his own to the bookshop.

((EDIT: this is my last post today. If possible, don't waste the opportunity we have to strike when they less expect it. This will end in a bloody carnage anyway, but we have to make sure that we have the upper hand from the beginning.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: July 23, 2013, 03:15:09 am »

Kevin follows Sigmund into the store.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: July 23, 2013, 04:10:04 am »

Imagine if I was a moneybox stolen by my necromantic master, where would I be?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: July 23, 2013, 04:18:35 am »

((Just on a suspicion, does anyone remember what page it was when Mark fell into the pit and got approached by the voices?))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 719