Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556587 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6045 on: July 18, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

"Thank you good Sir Sigmund, I wish you luck in your business." The desk thanked the vampire, along with using his hands in a gesture to indicate a bow. With that done and the fire making device stored, the desk will turn its attention to the door. Ah, Morton's first test of his new arms and making tea once more, things are looking up! "It shall be but a moment good Sir Toymaker, the tea shall be prepared."

Morton comments as he opens the door, and from there attempts to find the kitchen. Once found, the desk will set about locating something to heat a pot with, along with finding a pot. If any spring water is left, the desk will use that in the making of the tea, if not simply use some of the water in the house. Then the making of the tea!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: July 19, 2013, 03:43:55 am »

In a toymaker's workshop...

Sigmund, feeling like he's intruding upon Morton and the toymaker's teamaking domain as well as realizing he has better things to do right now, goes ahead and excuses himself.

"Certainly, Morton. I feel that I'm not needed here anymore, so I think that I will use the time you are preparing what will surely be an excellent tea to do some business. And considering that you now are able to use this device you gave me, I'm going to give it back to you, in case you happen to need it," he says, placing the magical lighter in one of Morton's drawers.

"I guess that I will see you back at the ship, then. I would wish you luck at that tea making but you don't need it. I suppose that I will see you at the ship."

"Thank you, good Sir Sigmund, I wish you luck in your business," Morton replies, making a purely hand-based bow as Sigmund heads out.

"It shall be but a moment, good Sir Toymaker, the tea shall be prepared," Morton then tells the toymaker, heading for the door and... opening it easily! Yes! His arms, they work! He heads right into the kitchen, which doesn't look like much - it only has a hearth and several tables, plus a set of cups. Hardly like the kitchen on the ghost ship, but what can you do? Checking that he does indeed still have one pitcher's worth of spring water, Morton sets about making tea.

[Teamaking roll: 2+1]

He runs into a problem, though, being a tad vertically-challenged as well as incapable of smelling. As such, he's not really sure what he's making there and how it's going - he can tell the water's boiling, but as for the proper steeping and such... well, that might be a problem.

Sigmund, meanwhile, makes his way to the Bargain of Ages. Fortunately managing to navigate the various crossroads with some difficulty, he comes to the pier where he last saw the ship.

However, it's not there anymore. How terrible. Well, guess he'll head to the ghost ship.

Luckily, that's hardly as uninhabited. Looks like ol' treeface is chilling in a comfy chair and the Artiste seems to be looking at the surrounding landscape.

At the Feisty Jelly...

Scott tries to explain to the man that smuggling is not what he seeks to do at all.

"No, no, my good sir. We need catering for a private party, I doubt a man such as you would like hordes of drunken undead shuffling about his property, who knows what could happen..."

"Hm... that's a reasonable point. Not sure undead can get drunk, but... hm. Got no haulers to bring any crates to ya, though. Like I said, not a delivery service here. If y'can find some people who'll do that, we might have a deal."

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, having better things to do with his seating space than host Mark skeletal behind, tries to terrify the fellow somehow!

[Intimidation roll: 4-1]

He makes an impatient squeak at Mark and wobbles a bit, possibly urging him to get out!

[Mark will roll: 1]

Mark, meanwhile, briefly considers why this chair has a soul. A soul vaguely resembling that of Niklas, no less.

Eh, probably so it's more comfortable and is capable of actually loving whoever sits in it. It's working, Mark would say.

As this goes on, Niklas feels the creature grow sad.

"My parents told me you were no good for me after you raided our village, but I didn't listen! I should have seen it coming, really. Do you even remember my name?"

Her name... was it Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna? He thinks he remembers someone by that name.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: July 19, 2013, 04:33:29 am »

((I'll be gone for a week, so is it fine if I default to following the road in the direction that Kevin thinks Shriekpot is and checking signs in villages? ))

Kevin keeps following the road.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:08 am »

You were Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna, were you not?
Chairklas shifts around, fruitlessly attempting to locate her.
How are you talking to me, anyway? And how am I talking back? I'm a chair now.
Speaking of which, are you still in contact with that hermit shaman who lived in the dung cave outside your village? Kruubalnitsomapürongadēe, right? I may need to call in that favor he owes me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:40:09 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: July 19, 2013, 07:48:12 am »

Sigmund came closer to the Artiste and Mark, and asked:

-Are you doing something interesting currently? Because I just see Mark getting comfy in chair Niklas. Anyway, I have slightly unimportant, but definitely good news, anyway: Morton now has arms, so he can handle things on his own now.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: July 19, 2013, 11:16:17 am »

Scott will go look for some enterprising lads out on the street!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: July 19, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »

On the road north from Emlocke...

Kevin continues his glorious running adventure! And it proves fruitful, too - he comes to a sign! A useful one for once!

It says "SHRIEKPOT - THAT-A-WAY" with an arrow pointing westward! Yay! Kevin runs like mad, glad that his journey seems to be nearing its end!

Niklas, having remembered the name of this woman, makes it clear that he does indeed remember!

"You were Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna, were you not?" he asks. The creature seems to... light up somehow.

"Yes! You remember me! I am Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna! Your dearest, sweetest Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna!"

"How are you talking to me, anyway? And how am I talking back? I'm a chair now."

"Oh Niklas, nothing is impossible to one who speaks the language of love!"

"Speaking of which, are you still in contact with that hermit shaman who lived in the dung cave outside your village? Kruubalnitsomapürongadēe, right? I may need to call in that favor he owes me."

Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna shrugs.

"I speak with Kruubalnitsomapürongadēe occasionally, yes. I could call him up right now if you wish. He's only a few minutes away."

Oh, that's good, Niklas supposes.

In more usual circumstances, Sigmund interviews his layabout master on what's going on here.

"Are you doing something interesting currently? Because I just see Mark getting comfy in chair Niklas. Anyway, I have slightly unimportant, but definitely good news, anyway: Morton now has arms, so he can handle things on his own now."

"As for your first question, no, not really. Mark seems to be enjoying his seat, though. Really, I'm just waiting for you silly bastards to be done with whatever it is you're doing in town so we can get moving already. Getting antsy now, to be honest. But that bit about Morton, that's good. Being armless must be terrible, after all."

In the Feisty Jelly...

Scott, feeling a good deal coming on, tries to find some poor schmuck with nothing better to do than haul crates of booze.

He doesn't find many. In fact, he only finds one, but that one looks big enough to carry three crates in one arm, so he supposes it's all good. Looks pretty harmless, though. And bored.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: July 19, 2013, 04:49:44 pm »

Niklas shrugs. For a chair, at least.
Sure, yes please. I'll have need of that magic of his that makes hallucinations real.

((Oh god what is happening now I have to make up a name for Niklas that's also long as hell))
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24:54 pm »

"Hey sir! How would you like to carry barrels of booze from a pub to a party? I will promise a share of the booze."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: July 19, 2013, 09:52:23 pm »

[Sorry for the wait.]

Hm... Hm... Morton isn't sure this will do, that this will do at all. The desk wishes it could actually see what he was doing, right now he's only going by feel and instinct, and even that's dulled in his current form that he's still getting used to. The desk will set the current pot off of the heat source and look for something that can help him be able to actually see what is going on, maybe like a wooden block or step stool or something. Oh bother... While he has no doubt the tea is probably okay, he doesn't actually know how far along it is, or if it needs a bit more, maybe less, more heat, less... He needs to try and see it.

But yes, a plan is clear in his mind. The desk will remove the pot from the heat source, so as to hopefully not compromise it any more than it might or might not be, he doesn't really know, and to try to find some sort of way he can get a glance as to what he's doing. A block he can move onto, or perhaps a mirror he can position... Something.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:45 am »

((Gotta go after this, so no RP right now))

Kevin keeps following the road and goes onto the ghost ship when he arrives.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: July 20, 2013, 05:35:04 am »

Niklas agrees that Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna should call Kruubalnitsomapürongadēe up.

"Sure, yes, please. I'll have need of that magic of his that makes hallucinations real."

"Right away, my sweet. I'll bring Torkeluweragnaharalniklastur as well, so that he can see his dear father!"

She disappears in moments. A couple of minutes later she returns, two presences along with her. One of them is definitely Kruubalnitsomapürongadēe - he'd remember that smell anywhere. The other is... oddly diminutive.

"Now, Torkel, say hello to daddy."

A small, squeaky voice suddenly pipes up, a sharp contrast to Helsvarbjornlingharalgjanna's alto voice.

"Are you my real daddy? Are you Niklas? Where's the rest of your name? Do you remember? Did you lose it? Can I help you find it? Will you take me on raids? I've never been on a raid before. Mommy tells me they're dangerous. Are they dangerous? What do you do in a raid, anyway?"

The child is quickly silenced by the rather loud, nasal voice of the hermit, which is somewhere in the middle between the child and mother's respective pitches.

"Be silent, child! Niklas wishes to speak to me! Now, Niklas, what is it you wish from me?"

"Can't a son greet his father, Kruub? It is their first meeting, have a heart."

"I was not dragged out of my comfy cave of Hermepalltrokkgjar dung to be delayed by incessant disturbances!"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott approaches the large man in a friendly fashion.

"Hey sir! How would you like to carry barrels of booze from a pub to a party? I will promise a share of the booze," he says to the man, who looks quite intrigued.

"That sounds very agreeable! I enjoy carrying things. Good exercise, you know," the man says. "Where do I need to carry stuff from and where will I need to carry it to?"

Good to have such enthusiastic people around, Scott thinks.

In the kitchen of a toymaker...

Morton, eager to get better visual feedback on his work, looks for something to step up on to mitigate his height-challenged state. He takes the pot off the heat and begins a search.

However, there doesn't look to be anything of sufficient size to prop him up in the kitchen. The kitchen is entirely lacking in chairs or spare wood! Also, he doesn't see any mirrors. Probably because they're bad luck and stuff.

On the road to Shriekpot...

Kevin, invigorated by his discovery of Shriekpot, follows the now-western road in a mad sprint, thundering past the Yaleson house, which looks to be having a bit of a mushroom infestation, past the gates of Shriekpot and through the city, leaping through the streets in an almost froglike fashion.

Passing by a returning Tailor Craig on the pier (nearly tipping him over, actually) and running up the gangplank to find himself in familiar, rather impatient-looking company, Kevin feels a distinct joy. The joy of victory. He does several victorious cartwheels to celebrate his accomplishment, as he feels at least like forty thousand gold coins right now.

"I wonder who this cheery fellow might be."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37:36 am »

((Reserve post.
Also: I fathered Grate from ER? Ohgodwhy))

((Also, are you typing semirandom characters like I've been for the names up to now or do Yog actually have some sort of structure for them?))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:39:21 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: July 20, 2013, 05:45:31 am »

((The structure I have is to string together syllables from Scandinavian names for things and people. With certain liberties taken, naturally.

That's not, however, the lore explanation.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: July 20, 2013, 05:54:00 am »

((Huh. I just strung together things that sounded Scandanavian. Håakablurnoddißtadkürdońkliæd, for example.))

((Goddamn it now I have to find the beginning of the chapter and read through the whole thing to find any lore references I made.))

((Beginning reread of entire chapter now.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:07:55 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 719