Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557773 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6000 on: July 15, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »

((Please, take the initiative))

Sigmund replied to Morton:

-It seems that we will have to depart soon, so we should use the time we have to do those things that can only be done in a city. Anyway, we should look for a carpenter first, then a shipwright, because I guess that you would like fine arms, not just stumps added to yourself, right?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: July 15, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »

"Hm, yes I suppose you're quite right good Sir Sigmund. Very well then, let us be off! Hopefully this should be a short and beneficial jaunt." The desk remarked as it began making its way into town to hopefully find a carpenter. The desk shall politely ask other people on the street if perhaps they know where one might be found.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: July 15, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »

Sigmund helps Morton on his search.

((just writing this because I never explicity stated it))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: July 15, 2013, 04:16:11 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark tries to find a lighter of some kind. After all, what's a ship without a lighter of some kind?

Unfortunately, he has no idea where to get one. Maybe he could ask someone? Still, even without the lighter, he gathers some fuel from the area, notably a bunch of loose planks on the pier.

Meanwhile, Niklas tries to figure out where these weird feelings are coming from. He realizes that he has no idea, really, so he tries to take out his confusion on the surrounding area by slowly dragging himself forth and wobbling a little.

He doesn't think he injured anyone, though. He does feel... something. Something bad near him. Something he can't see or otherwise detect. Something right outside his field of detection, one might say. Waiting. Watching.

Back in the world of the seeing, though, Scott wants to know if he can get some frickin' drinks already. He is not going to let being immune to alcohol stop him from enjoying some booze, damn it all.

"Whisky, ale, cider and mead. A diet for success," he says, glaring at Erin in the process.

"Yeah, ya might be better off buying those than trustin' me with 'em. Whenever I've tried to make stuff like that, it invariably tastes like piss. If you're lucky."

Meanwhile, Sigmund, ever the productive sort, proposes a plan of action to Morton.

"Would you like to look for a carpenter, so that we can finally get you some arms?"

Morton seems pleased with the idea.

"If it isn't too much bother for our absence, I would be quite appreciative if we could do that, good Sir Sigmund. Surely there must be one in Shrikepot. I admit I'm not versed in carpentry, but perhaps a shipwright might work? They work wood there, no? Although for a touch different purpose however..."

"It seems that we will have to depart soon, so we should use the time we have to do those things that can only be done in a city. Anyway, we should look for a carpenter first, then a shipwright, because I guess that you would like fine arms, not just stumps added to yourself, right?"

"Hm, yes, I suppose you're quite right, good Sir Sigmund. Very well then, let us be off! Hopefully this should be a short and beneficial jaunt."

The desk leads the way into town, Sigmund following closely behind, as they look for people to interview. However, people, upon seeing a desk approach them, seem awfully keen on keeping their distance. One woman even runs at the sight. Guess Niklas was right on that - for such a weird town, Shriekpot sure is intolerant.

On the road to Emlocke...

Kevin heads down the road to Emlocke, reaching it in 3 hours! Hooray!

Well, except the town is completely ruined. That makes him slightly sad. Seriously, the place is totally screwed - the ground's shifted, there's craters everywhere and not a living soul in sight. Slightly less of a hooray.

Good news is, he doesn't have to stay here! Yippee!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: July 15, 2013, 04:31:20 pm »

Meditate on the true nature of cooking. Focus my entire mind - nay, my whole being on it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: July 15, 2013, 05:58:39 pm »

Start the fire the old fashioned way. Then more fishing and sacrificing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: July 15, 2013, 07:35:40 pm »

I decided to join the waitlist. I don't suppose this is one of those games where players die every few turns?

Spoiler: Demosthenes Bones (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »

[Nah, its alright, I forget at times.]

The desk almost drooped a bit, as if sad. "It seems... It seems I scare people now. I just wish directions, but I suppose I cannot blame them good Sir Sigmund, I would not be much comfortable with a moving desk either. Perhaps you could try talking to some of them, or at least explain it so they wouldn't be as disturbed? We can try striking off in a direction and seeing if that takes us to a carpenter however." Morton asked his companion.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: July 15, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »

I decided to join the waitlist. I don't suppose this is one of those games where players die every few turns?

no but when people do die it is the most embarrassing way to die possible
like getting killed by your own imaginary creation.
Just beware the whip man
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: July 15, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »

Sigmund replied to morton:

-Yes, maybe it would be better if you remain silent while I ask the questions.

Sigmund will ask to random people if they know where to find a carpenter.

((Now we have 5 people in the waitlist, if GWG gets in. That means that there is another fresh batch of undead waiting for a silly and anticlimactic death))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: July 16, 2013, 03:41:57 am »

((Yes. BEWARE THE WHIP MAN! ))
Kevin tries to find a sign pointing to Shriekpot. Or a map. Failing that, he will follow a road north.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:44:36 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: July 16, 2013, 04:20:42 am »

Scott will find some tables and chairs to drag up on deck
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: July 16, 2013, 05:51:39 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas attempts to meditate on the true nature of cooking, its innermost secrets!

He guesses he gets it, sure. Cooking is where you put stuff together, then mutilate stuff in creative ways to get other, tastier stuff. He likes to get other, tastier stuff, yes.

He also feels something horrible right behind him, something ineffably lethal and terrible creeping up on his helpless, senseless form. This slightly interferes with his meditations.

Meanwhile, Mark tries to kindle a fire the old-fashioned way! That is to say, he grabs a piece of wood and tries to get enough heat to cause combustion! Eventually, this works - a fire is started. Time to fish, he guesses.

[Fishing roll: 3]

He manages to capture yet another one of the tiny fish. How nice.

[Ritual roll: 3]

It has too little blood and far too high a blood pressure to survive all the way through the burning ritual! Bad form, little fish. Bad form!

At the same time, Scott tries to locate some chairs and tables for the deck. Fortunately, there's a ship moored just nearby, and that has several chairs and even a nice table to go with it! Half an hour later, the deck is furnished!

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton, seeing the frightened reactions of the populace, is forced to admit that perhaps he isn't the best one to be performing interviews.

"It seems... it seems I scare people now. I just wish directions, but I suppose I cannot blame them good Sir Sigmund, I would not be much comfortable with a moving desk either. Perhaps you could try talking to some of them, or at least explain it so they wouldn't be as disturbed? We can try striking off in a direction and seeing if that takes us to a carpenter, however."

"Yes, maybe it would be better if you remain silent while I ask the questions," Sigmund answers, taking a shot at accosting random people immediately.

He walks up to an old man strolling slowly down the street. Since he is old, Sigmund wagers he won't be able to escape too easily even if he wanted to. He goes up to the man.

"Excuse me, good sir, would you know where to find a carpenter?"

"Yes. I am a carpenter, actually. Though that's really my second job, to be honest. Can I help you?"

In the ruins of Emlocke...

Kevin, intent on getting precise directions to Shriekpot, searches the ruins for a sign of some sort.

Sadly, whatever signposts there may have been, they have fallen over long ago. Not terribly helpful, those. Okay then, time to head north! Kevin, since he really doesn't have any normal flesh to terribly damage, decides to make a sprint for it. He sprints and he sprints northward, not stopping for anything.

Somehow, he feels there's a long road ahead. A very long road indeed.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: July 16, 2013, 07:20:47 am »

I'm ready for a time skip spent fishing and ritual casting.
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:05 am »

Sigmund smiled to the old man:

-Well, I am curently needing some help with a friend of mine. First, let me introduce you to him. This is Carter Morton, -he said pointing at the fabulous desk- he had an unfortunate adventure involving mages, and he ended like this. If you were able to make arms or grabbing devices for him I would be grateful.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 719