Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557766 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5985 on: July 14, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »

[So you're saying you don't want to become the aboleth?]
(Aboleths are worms.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: July 14, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »

[More a segmented eel, but true all the same I suppose. Either way, what now? We gonna take off, or do we wanna mess around in Shrikepot more? I think we should wait around a bit for Kevin to rejoin us, as it would stink if he was lost ashore while we went on magical adventures of death.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: July 14, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »

In the streets of Wellville...

Kevin heads to another door to try his luck there. He knocks firmly, fully expecting somebody around. However, no such luck. Now that he thinks about it, though, this town really is quiet. It's daytime, and the only thing he can hear is wind whistling through all sorts of places. After a few more knocks on random doors and a stroll down the main street, he concludes that yes, this town is completely deserted. Not a soul around, really.

Okay, so he won't be getting any help here. Guess that means only one thing - he's gotta use his experience gained from his old boss' wartime conferences to determine where Shriekpot is in relation to Emlocke!

Hm... too bad he wasn't actually allowed to attend the wartime conferences. No matter how convincing the costume he wore was. Well, not after the first three times, anyway. However, he does remember one thing. Shriekpot wasn't always called that. Had a different name once, he believes. Unfortunately, it does elude him what it was.

Well, maybe he could just go to Emlocke, then go north? He oughta find it then.

Yeah, this is what he'll do. For sure.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund proposes the idea that, since the work's been delegated, the Artiste can direct his attention to other matters.

"While Erin works here with Niklas, would you want to meet the demonologist? I brought him here just because he would be a nice addition to our group, but I can tell him to leave if you want."

"I'll talk to him in a minute. Right now, this comes first."

Niklas, though, isn't quite ready to stand for the treatment he is about to be subjected to.

"Turn me into a fish and I go recruit the Kraken and sink the boat. If you get my body and weapons back I won't seek revenge."

The Artiste stares at Niklas for a moment and smiles.

"Oh, if I give back your stuff, you won't seek revenge, you say? Wow, that's a relief. Simply amazing, Niklas. Why, I'll go ahead and tell Erin to put you back together right now."

"Um, really?"

"No, not really. Turn him into a chair, Erin. You know, for guests. A non-speaking one, if you will."

"Oh. Okay."

Erin takes a step back from Niklas and thinks. She then shrugs and commences the casting.

[Erin magic roll: 5]

A violent twist and a fiendish shake later, Niklas feels his flesh become plush, hideously comfortable plush! He grows legs, but they are stubby and short beyond belief. His scaly skin becomes upholstery, and he obtains a bit of a wholesome, family-friendly look at last. The horror of it is hardly enough to bear for Niklas, who now lacks the ability to see, hear, taste and smell all at once!

"Not bad, Erin. And timely as well. Fella was really starting to get on my nerves. It's always 'me-me-me' with him, isn't it? I mean, I'm a forgiving guy and all, but I just hate that kind of person, really. Gets on my nerves. And right after I try to meet him halfway, too. Oh well. At least I got a chair out of the deal. A guest chair, sure, but a chair no less. Was a good cook though, gotta admit. Erin, you can go and do your own things now, I'll get someone to bring the chair to the den later. Stay positive, you hear?"

The Artiste then takes his good buddy Sigmund over to Tailor Craig, who seems to be measuring Scott at the moment while Morton chatters next to them.

"It is a pleasure to see that you were mostly unharmed by your expedition, Sir Scott Yaleson, and it bore some fruit, that is always good to hear. Our original goal didn't quite go as well as we had hoped, but such is life, no? We met good Tailor Craig here however during our journey, and that more than made up for it in my opinion, yes."

Scott looks at him.

"So, how long will this take?"

"Actually, I'm quite done," says Tailor Craig, putting away his measuring tape. The Artiste takes the opportunity to strike up a chat.

"So, I hear you've been wanting to see me."

"Yes, indeed," says Tailor Craig. "I've been hearing good things about you, Mr. Artiste."

"Oh, I'm sure you have. So, you're a tailor, you say?"

"Yes, and a bit of a demonologist on the side. I transformed your subordinates with this procedure I've been developing."

"I know that, yes. Bit hard not to notice, you know. So, are you interested in joining our crew? We just got an opening, actually. Can you cook?"

"Um, no. Not really. Enough to survive, but hardly on a professional level."

"How's your eyesight?"

"Rather good, actually. Why?"

"And your sense of direction?"

"Haven't gotten lost in my life, certainly."

"Great. How would you like to be a helmsman?"

"Er, perhaps not. Really, I was hoping to find out more about you. Your subordinates tell me interesting things. That you seem to be some kind of... pseudo-demon creature."

The Artiste nods.

"Yeah... sorry to say, but they were screwing with you, dear boy. I might be a tad harsh occasionally, but I'm certainly no demon."

"Not a demon, a demon-like creature. In a human body."

"Now you're just being silly. Demon-like creature? There's angels and demons, right? The good and the bad?"

"Well, that's what I thought as well, and it's not as simple as good or bad, it's-"

"Shouldn't you know this kind of stuff? You're one of those demon guys, didn't you say?"

"Well, yes..."

"And you still fell for it? Geez."

Tailor Craig seems to slump a little in his robes, a bit of joy taken out of him.

"Sorry to burst your bubble there, buddy. Still, you can be our lookout if you want to."

The tailor considers this for a moment. He then shrugs slowly.

"I suppose? Why not. At least I'll get to see new places."

"Excellent, we've got a cabin all ready for you, too. One of our crew members met with an unfortunate accident, you see."

"These things happen, I guess. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go get my stuff."

"Feel free," the Artiste says, seeing Tailor Craig off. He then turns back to his faithful crew.

"Right, new rule. You guys don't talk about who I am anymore. Not among yourselves, not to anyone I don't specifically allow you to talk about me to. Particularly not to our friend here. I'm just a guy with a funny name now. It was kinda silly of me not to warn you earlier, but still, don't do it. I know, I know, I keep messing up. But you have to remember, it's my first time here for a significant length of time and all. Anyway, until I'm certain this Craig guy's trustworthy, don't even think of telling him anything."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: July 14, 2013, 06:18:30 pm »

Sigmund put a submissive face as he said sorry to the Artiste:

-I apologize for what I have done, master, I just didn't know that your identity should remain as a secret. I hope that he doesn't cause any problems and that he can prove useful to your enterprise. I have to tell you that not only he is both a tailor and a demonologist, but he also has a kind of ilusion cast on himself, that he can remove at will to show horrors that no mortal could even imagine. If you want to know more about this, you can ask Morton, as he was the one who heard the story that Craig has behind that.

Sigmund then slowly walks away, still with a submissive actitude.

((Shit, I didn't expect Niklas to end like that. I really don't know how is Xantalos going to roleplay this. If this can be roleplayed at all.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: July 14, 2013, 06:22:47 pm »

Niklas mentally shrugged.
Ah well. I was hoping to not be horrible to you, but you've forced my hand.
Or stump, as it may be.

Attempt to move.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:19:39 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: July 14, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »

[There's still Craig, he can still fix him... Maybe. Since Niklas can't talk, we'd need to send someone with him to explain what happened however.]

"Indeed, a thousand apologies Master Artiste, no harm was meant I assure you, dreadfully sorry." Morton said to Artiste, a sad touch in his tone as he stammered out apologies. He hadn't meant to worry his master, he thought he would actually be mildly interested in him indeed! One can't predict the world, he supposes... But either way, the desk takes his typical happy tone as he speaks again and addresses both Artiste and Erin. "I hope you slept well, Master Artiste, and I wish you a splendidly good morning as well. Besides from this, that is. And a morning to you as well, good Mage Erin, I hoped your sleep fared you well, as does the morning."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: July 14, 2013, 08:55:46 pm »

Mark hops back onto the boat
and bows to the artist before finding Erin and showing her the message I left earlier
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: July 15, 2013, 03:17:42 am »

Scott will say dryly.
"Yes sir, Mr. Artiste, we won't tell strangers where we live."

Todays been crap, find some booze.
"But how about a boatwarming party?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: July 15, 2013, 04:29:06 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, dissatisfied at breaking a directive he didn't even know existed, does his best to apologize.

"I apologize for what I have done, master, I just didn't know that your identity should remain as a secret. I hope that he doesn't cause any problems and that he can prove useful to your enterprise. I have to tell you that not only he is both a tailor and a demonologist, but he also has a kind of illusion cast on himself, that he can remove at will to show horrors that no mortal could even imagine. If you want to know more about this, you can ask Morton, as he was the one who heard the story that Craig has behind that."

"Indeed, a thousand apologies Master Artiste, no harm was meant I assure you, dreadfully sorry," Morton adds as well.

"Yes sir, Mr. Artiste, we won't tell strangers where we live," comes a remark from Scott

"Firstly, you don't need to apologize, really. I didn't tell any of you. See, the thing is, that kind of knowledge can be dangerous. If I get busted doing this, there's going to be a lot of trouble. Secondly, that is an interesting bit of information."

Sigmund nods and submissively walks away. Yes, always best to leave a harmless impression, he thinks.

"I hope you slept well, Master Artiste, and I wish you a splendidly good morning as well. Besides from this, that is. And a morning to you as well, good Mage Erin, I hoped your sleep fared you well, as does the morning."

"It is certainly a marvelous morning, isn't it? And I do enjoy sleeping quite a bit."

"Yeah, I guess. Too bad about the chef guy, though. I feel kinda bad for causing the whole thing, ya know? I mean-"

However, before she can elaborate, Mark appears from out of nowhere, having ceased his following of Red-Chested Pinwheel Man, and addresses her! Well, gesticulates at her.

"Oh, right, ya left me a message? Something about needing a stone bit o' flooring? I'll get right on that, thanks for remindin' me."

With that, she walks over to the center of the deck and begins magicking it up.

[Erin magic roll: 3]

A bit of the deck starts to become grayish, though it seems to not be stone... not quite.

"Wait a moment. I'll figure this out."

She stares at the floor for a moment, then seems to realize the problem.

[Erin magic roll: 2+1]

The floor becomes a bit more stony. Now it looks kind of like false stone.

"I think this'll do, right?"

Scott, meanwhile, proposes an idea.

"But how about a boatwarming party? he asks, while looking for booze. Sadly, there isn't any around, which is disappointing. What kind of low-rate pirate ship doesn't have booze, for gods' sakes?

"That's a great idea, Scott! We could even name the ship in the process. I asked the Captain what the name of the thing was, and he said he doesn't remember."

"I could go magic us up something to drink if you wanna."

"Hm... magic drinks, you say? What do you people think?"

"It might be risky to do booze, though. After all, ethanol is pretty closely related to methanol. Gotta be careful with it. I remember when one o' my buddies back in university accidentally made methanol cocktails. That was pretty awful for all parties involved, not to mention fatal for a bunch."

Meanwhile, Niklas, seeing that he appears to have been sidelined entirely, or at least that's the best he can figure, being blind, deaf, mute and largely senseless. To mitigate this, he tries to move.

Fortunately, it appears that he can do this. He moves at a snail's pace, but it does seem like he's moving. Too bad he has literally no idea which direction he's moving in, really.

He is starting to feel weird, though.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: July 15, 2013, 05:14:47 am »

find that lighter and make a fire on the stone.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: July 15, 2013, 05:31:53 am »

How so wierd?
Attempt to entice someone to sit in me and then attempt to cook them.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:58:31 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: July 15, 2013, 06:42:32 am »

Scott will glare at Erin

"Whisky, ale, cider and mead. A diet for success."

"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:14 am »

Kevin starts heading to Emlocke.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: July 15, 2013, 10:22:43 am »

Seeing that there was not many things to do, Sigmund went up to morton, and said:

-Would you like to look for a carpenter, so that we can finally get you some arms?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: July 15, 2013, 02:40:57 pm »

"If it isn't too much bother for our absence, I would be quite appreciative if we could do that good Sir Sigmund." The desk said happily to the offer. "Surely there must be one in Shrikepot. I admit I'm not versed in carpentry, but perhaps a shipwright might work? They work wood there, no? Although for a touch different purpose however..." Morton didn't really sound sure of the idea, but it was one at least if they couldn't find a more general carpenter.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 719