Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557757 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5940 on: July 12, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund remembers that he heard Morton say something about needing a book right when he went down. Seeing as he has no business here for now, he supposes he can attend to his deskified buddy's needs. Might pass the time.

However, before he can leave, he trips over an oddly humming Niklas! How'd he get... wait. Probably best not to ask. The best thing to do in this situation is pretty clear to Sigmund, and that is to walk up the stairs. Niklas, try as he might, can't follow with his slippery fish body and inability to perform articulate movements.

That'll teach him to shadow people, Sigmund thinks as he returns back topside.

"Excuse me, I was making sure that the Artiste is still asleep. Here, you have the book," he says, depositing the Handbook of Demonic Conduct into Morton's open drawer.

"Thank you, good Sir Sigmund," says Morton, quickly coming to the conclusion that he can't really read the thing in this drawer - in an opened state of the drawer, he can't flip the pages, but in a closed state, he can't see a dang thing on account of having no eyes inside the drawer. If only he had additional things to flip stuff with. That would be wonderful.

His thoughts on the matter, though, are interrupted by Sigmund.

"Shouldn't we go back to where we sent that man to get fabulous? It's about time for him to get out, I think."

"Yes, I do believe that Sir Elron should of been back by now, perhaps he got sent a distance as well? I do wonder what determines that, it seems to be almost random..."

"It probably is random - circles have a measure of precision, and sometimes you get... positional mistakes. It happens. Nothing you can do about it except spend several more hours drafting the circle to prevent any sort of minor error or imperfection, and who has that kind of time? Besides, I'm sure the fellow will find his way back - after all, we are only about ten meters from the place he was sent away."

At this moment, a man made entirely of extremely colorful pinwheels, three meters tall and shifting with each movement, arrives at the ship. He turns to Tailor Craig, and suddenly some of the wheels start rapidly spinning after shifting in their positions. The man becomes a whirl of indeterminate color for a moment, but all three of the present individuals quickly notice something - in a moment, a pattern emerges in the foggy whirlwind, one that vaguely resembles a... giant face? It speaks to them!

"That was certainly an interesting experience," the face of what is doubtlessly Red-Chested Elron mentions. "Fellow mistook me for a lamp, but I set him straight. Made me into some kind of pinwheel golem. Can't say I'm entirely dissatisfied, thank you, sir. Here, for your trouble," the thing says, a strange pinwheel limb protruding from its abdomen, then shaping itself into a hand. Slightly above it floats a gold coin. "Those were my lifemage savings. You can have them - I've now circumvented that problem thanks to you."

Tailor Craig shrugs and takes the gold coin.

"That's very generous of you."

"No worries. You've significantly expanded my moneymaking opportunities. No more odd jobs for me, no sir. Finally I'll be able to move out of the flophouse. Many thanks," the pinwheel man says, waving his hand dismissively. "Now, though, I think I'll go sort out some business, if you don't mind."

"Oh no, no. You've been helpful and generous already."

"I can recommend your services to friends as well, yes?"

"Certainly."

"Excellent."

The pinwheel man bows and leaves the premises quickly in his odd gait, his body visibly changing in the process. It is at this point that the entire group on the ship notices that the guy is being shadowed by Mark of all metapeople. Just as he leaves, Scott appears on the pier! He looks at the assorted fabulous hoodlums on the ship. Um... who are these guys? And what's up with the desk? What's going on here?

In a smoking herbalist's home...

Kevin guesses he really has no actual business here, so he'll just ask for directions.

"So... I should get going. Do you know the directions back to Shriekpot?"

The man thinks for a moment.

"No, not really. Is it close by? I might visit someday if it is. Maybe then I'll be able to tell you."

Ah.

In Karina's home...

Darren, rather pleased at the civilized and kind nature of this discussion, thanks the spectral woman.

"Thank you. You're all like me down here, right?"

This question seems to unsettle her a little bit.

"Um... you mean ghosts, right? Technically, I suppose you're right. Practically, not so much. The others are far stranger than I and Danielle, and you too, for that matter. At least the ones I've seen when I look outside. Some of them are lost, some are babbling. Some look monstrous. If you wanna know more, you can go through the wall over there," she says, pointing at the east wall of her humble home. "Though you could stay here and chat with me and... not go just yet, maybe? We could talk about... I don't know, something you've seen? You're from the outside. You must have seen many interesting things."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:57:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: July 12, 2013, 07:15:22 pm »

Niklas begins singing some opera song or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: July 12, 2013, 08:05:11 pm »

"He was certainly a friendly fellow, wasn't he? I wish him well in life." Morton commented to Craig before turning to the vampire. "I'm afraid the testing brought up naught, good Sir Sigmund, you may have the book back again if you desire." The desk opened the drawer to reveal the book.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »

"Curious about the outside, huh? Anything you want to know?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: July 12, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »

Sigmund grabbed the book, and told to Morton:

-It certainly is unfortunate. Don't worry, thogh, even if you are not able to read it by yourself, I shall do so for you. When we have nothing better to do, like, on the trip, wee will read the book together. Now, seeing that Scott has arrived, I have to explain all whathas happened to him.

He then turned to Scott and said:

-There you are, Scott. I'm Sigmnd, and this desk you see here is now Morton. We had a little adventure through the Most Fabulos of Realms, thanks to our good friend tailor Craig-He points at the tailor-. The person who was sent by you to take a kind of payment, which you didn't have the right to offer, has just left, transformed into a colorful creature, thanks again to our friend. Well, and that's all the news I have. Oh, I almost forget about that! Niklas' head is now attached to a kind of giant catfish, it's an unsual kind of show that can make you laugh a bit if you don't take it seriously.

((Last post for this day))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: July 13, 2013, 01:49:48 am »

"...well...That was ...eventful?"
Scott blinks.

"Anyway, I think I found the place of the scammer, he wouldnt meet with me. And the Guards seem to have fled town."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: July 13, 2013, 04:14:36 am »

"Do you know where the nearest road is, then?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: July 13, 2013, 05:12:58 am »

(I'm really enjoying how things go as far, Harry ^ ^)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: July 13, 2013, 06:28:45 am »

((Make a characteeeerrrr))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: July 13, 2013, 07:55:03 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, being currently trapped in the deepest, darkest depths of the ship, does what any reasonable person with a lot of spare time would do.

He sings.

[Singing roll: 3]

He's a bit out of tune, too. Not to mention the whole part where he's a fish and whatnot. And where he doesn't know any of those silly opera languages. He continues his ad-libbed sort-of opera performance up until the moment where one of the cabin doors opens. The head of what is unmistakably the Artiste pops out.

"Do I hear singing? I think I do!"

He walks out of the room, fully dressed and fresh as a daisy, looking at Niklas curiously.

"Good morning, Niklas. You're looking wonderful as always."

Meanwhile, back on the deck, Morton, Tailor Craig and Sigmund loaf around in an inoffensive manner.

"He was certainly a friendly fellow, wasn't he? I wish him well in life."

"Certainly a pleasant sort, yes."

There is a moment of quiet before Morton speaks again.

"I'm afraid the testing brought up naught, good Sir Sigmund, you may have the book back again if you desire."

"It certainly is unfortunate. Don't worry, though, even if you are not able to read it by yourself, I shall do so for you. When we have nothing better to do, like, on the trip, we will read the book together. Now, seeing that Scott has arrived, I have to explain all what has happened to him."

He then does as he has thoroughly explained, picking up the Handbook and addressing the rather confused Scott.

"There you are, Scott. I'm Sigmund, and this desk you see here is now Morton. We had a little adventure through the Most Fabulous of Realms, thanks to our good friend tailor Craig," pointing to the inimitable tailor-demonologist. "The person who was sent by you to take a kind of payment, which you didn't have the right to offer, has just left, transformed into a colorful creature, thanks again to our friend. Well, and that's all the news I have. Oh, I almost forgot about that! Niklas' head is now attached to a kind of giant catfish, it's an unusual kind of show that can make you laugh a bit if you don't take it seriously."

There. Now he's presumably brought up to speed.

"...well...That was ...eventful?"

Or maybe not. It's difficult to tell with the guy.

"Anyway, I think I found the place of the scammer, he wouldn't meet with me. And the Guards seem to have fled town."

"If you don't mind me asking, what's all this business about scamming and such?"

Well, that is quite an... interesting story.

At Karina's home...

Darren can't help but indulge the lady's interest in his adventures, such as they are.

"Curious about the outside, huh? Anything you want to know?"

"Uhm... I don't really know. Where have you been? What was it like?"

In a smoking herbalist's home...

Kevin, still in the dark about where he should be going, once more pursues directions for his own benefit.

"Do you know where the nearest road is, then?"

The smoking herbalist considers the question.

"Due west, I guess? Follow the trail, there should be one."

That's comforting, Kevin must say.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: July 13, 2013, 08:26:28 am »

"Well, then I should get going. In which direction on the road is the nearest town?"
Kevin will then leave the house and follow the trail to the road, going in the right direction for the nearest town. When he is leaving the house, he will say:
"It was a pleasure meeting you, herbalist!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: July 13, 2013, 08:46:26 am »

Sigmund let Scott answer the question of the tailor:

-I think that you are the one who knows more about that subject. I would answer Craig's question, but Nklas is still roaming around the ship, possibly with his usual murderous intentions.

Sigmund then leaves and goes to find the Artiste speaking to Niklas:

-Good morning, master. I see that you are finally awake. I'm new Sigmund. I had an encounter with the Aspect of Appeal, who made me what I am now. Morton and Kevin also went through the same process, but the results were different. Morton has been transformed into a desk, and Kevin has yet to appear. Anyway, I see that you found Niklas. He was rendered in that state after a confuse episode which involved Erin and Mark. Apparently, Erin made Niklas body dissapear, and Mark attached his head to this kind of catfish. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't that Niklas wants revenge. Not that he can achieve it in such a state, but before he can be fixed, I think that you should grudge the problem between the cook and the mage.

Sigmund then sighs and says some final words to tell his master all that has happened:

-Also, the demonologist who sent us to meet the Aspect of Appeal wants to meet you, he is at the gangplank. I think that he could be a nice addition to our group.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: July 13, 2013, 11:05:24 am »

Revenge, Sigmund? No, forsooth - I merely desire recompense against the Mage for robbing me of my weapons. In this case, I intend to steal her magic once I find a way how. Maybe then I'll kill her for fun, but the point will be moot; I'll have my weapons back in done form or another. Also I need a new body. If another one is not taken, I'll steal hers.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: July 13, 2013, 11:07:24 am »

Sigmund, after hearing Niklas, told to the Artiste:

-See? That actitude is clearly not beneficial for our group. I hope you can do something about it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: July 13, 2013, 11:08:38 am »

I will insult you as well when I get my body back, don't you worry, Sigmund.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 719