Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557748 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5925 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:05 pm »

"Now Good Sir Sigmund, I'm not sure that doing that will do much to bait Good Chef Niklas, surely we can talk him out of it, no?" The desk mentioned to his vampire companion. How he wished his friends didn't fight amongst themselves... The desk turned to the skeleton. "Greetings again, Surgeon Mark. I am indeed a desk now, yes, although it isn't that bad really. Besides a tragic lack of arms though, I suppose..." Morton tried to not think about the fact that he can't make tea anymore. He tried hard, gotta stay positive, no? "But I digress, this is Good Tailor Craig, and this is Surgeon Mark." The desk introduced the two to each other.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 11, 2013, 07:32:02 pm »

Sigmund replied to Morton:

-If he keeps talking about vengance, I can't allow him to stay here. We will solve things once our master is here to mediate between Erin and Niklas' murderous conduct.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: July 11, 2013, 08:01:20 pm »

The desk paused, then an audible sigh. "Yes, I suppose you're correct good Sir Sigmund. Good Chef Niklas isn't in the right state to be given a body I suppose, we must wait until he calms down..." Morton relented, agreeing. After a moment, the desk spoke again. "Good Sir Sigmund, if you don't mind, may I see the book for a moment? I'd like to test something." With that, the desk opened one of his drawers that would have room for said book.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:13 pm »

Mark shakes the hand of the demonology man then hearing the desk complaint about proper limbs looks around for a target that isn't already on the boat.

Edit: I will be away for the weekend so don't expect any turns from me
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:05:22 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 11, 2013, 11:24:19 pm »

"I'm Darren, Karina. Now, as you could have guessed I'm new around here, what's it like?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 12, 2013, 06:42:25 am »

In the harbor of Shriekpot...

Scott, feeling that Mother Nature (or Pacitarius, as the case may be) will provide for him, decides to find a rock. But not just any rock, oh no! An abrasive rock! Like that pumice Gary once brought him!

Fortunately, there are plenty of abrasive rocks on the ocean floor! After grinding himself against very rough stones for the better part of a half hour, Scott feels that he is clean once more. It did ruin his clothes a little bit, though. Oh well. Not like he can do anything about that.

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, upon comprehending the gravity of the situation, tries to mediate to the best of his ability.

"Oh dear, you said good Mage Erin did this? Surly it was just an accident, good Chef Niklas, there's no need to declare vengeance. We can always get more weapons, can't we, good Chef Niklas? If Erin took your weapons and body, can't we just ask her for it back also? Nicely?"

Niklas doesn't seem to be paying much attention to him, though. It's quite awful that in this enlightened age it is the voice of reason that men most often choose to ignore. The fish flops toward Tailor Craig, proposing a deal.

"IF YOU GAVE ME A BODY, I WOULD COOK YOU A GOOD DISH AND NOT HARM YOU IN THE PROCESS."

"I appreciate the offer, but I don't actually eat. Sorry."

Sigmund, not liking Niklas' presence in this conversation, decides to get rid of him. Temporarily.

"Just ignore him, I will see what can I do with him."

[Strength roll: 1-1]

However, the morning has robbed him of his superior strength! He cannot move Niklas by a single unit of distance in any system of measurement without making his sausage arms hurt rather badly and unpleasantly! He opts for a stern remark instead.

"Go kill some fish if you want to murder stuff," he explains to the fish impotently, who immediately assumes a conspiratorial air. Sigmund utilizes the moment of silence on his part to walk over to Mark along with Morton and Craig, who both follow along out of a desire not to be left alone on a pier with Niklas.

"Hello, Mark! I'm new Sigmund. I found a demonologist which could help us, he even made me look like this. On the other hand, Morton is a desk now. Anyway, there is an urgent problem here: Niklas lost his body, apparently due to Erin, and now wants revenge. I just came here to tell you that unless he dissents from that, you should not give him a new body. By the way, and between us, his head attached to that catfish looks hilarious," he explains to the surgeon, rather unaware of Niklas quietly slinking over to him from behind.

"Now Good Sir Sigmund, I'm not sure that doing that will do much but bait Good Chef Niklas, surely we can talk him out of it, no?" Morton proposes, hoping for a more peaceful way of dealing with things like this.

"If he keeps talking about vengeance, I can't allow him to stay here. We will solve things once our master is here to mediate between Erin and Niklas' murderous conduct," Sigmund states matter-of-factly.

"Yes, I suppose you're correct, good Sir Sigmund. Good Chef Niklas isn't in the right state to be given a body I suppose, we must wait until he calms down..."

Oh, right! He forgot to introduce himself!

"Greetings again, Surgeon Mark. I am indeed a desk now, yes, although it isn't that bad really. Besides a tragic lack of arms though, I suppose... But I digress, this is Good Tailor Craig, and this is Surgeon Mark," he says, pointing out Tailor Craig to Mark.

"Pleased to meet you, Mark," Craig notes, shaking Mark's hand with his lobster claw.

Okay, now that that's done with, there's one more matter at hand.

"Good Sir Sigmund, if you don't mind, may I see the book for a moment? I'd like to test something," he turns to Sigmund, but only finds empty air where he once stood. Guess he ran off already.

That is indeed a correct guess - still pursued invisibly by a land-bound catfish, Sigmund looks for the Artiste. A quick look reveals that yeah, that guy's still asleep. Though him waking up is probably not far off now, Sigmund would guess.

Back on deck, Mark heads off in his perpetual search for free body parts. He walks into town a short distance and notices something heading his way - something like a man in shape, but made of colorful pinwheels, three meters in height and quite prone to shifting its form. That's probably no ordinary bystander, he supposes. Though with this town, you never know.

In Karina's room...

Darren introduces himself to the nice lady. It's only polite, isn't it?

"I'm Darren, Karina. Now, as you could have guessed I'm new around here, what's it like?"

Karina looks into the distance wistfully, shrugging after a moment of reflection.

"Don't know how to say it, really. It's still nice here in the upper parts - people around here are still wonderful and all, but... you know, it's not the same as it was. We used to be such good neighbors, all of us. Now most people are scared to go out. Only person I still talk to regularly is Danielle next door, but even she's become a bit distant lately. Oh, and that nice girl that comes down on occasion. She tells me that things deeper inward are even worse. Some days I'm not sure how to keep on living like this, you know? Everybody's getting so secretive, paranoid, even. And I saw one of the deepers one day, one of my old friends, Ritchie, a few weeks - or was it a few years? - well, some time ago. He had changed. He hardly looked human at all, you know."

She looks at Darren sadly.

"If you were hoping to stay here for a while, not sure what to tell you. I suppose you can crash here if you wish - not like I have any other guests. But be careful outside. People are frightened these days, but don't hold it against them. It's like this... presence that's putting them down."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:24 am »

((Sorry Xanmyral))

Sigmund goes back to the group and hands he book to Morton:

-Excuse me, I was making sure that the Artiste is still asleep. Here you have the book.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: July 12, 2013, 11:27:39 am »

Scott shall go to the ship and inform any party members there the whereabouts of the scamming bastard.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 12, 2013, 12:06:52 pm »

"So... I should get going. Do you know the directions back to Shriekpot?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 12, 2013, 12:25:45 pm »

*bad interpretation of Mission Impossible Theme*

Continue flopping along behind them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 12, 2013, 12:38:00 pm »

((To do more that one thing in this turn, I will post also this:))

Sigmund remembered that there was a test subject still in the Fabulos Realm, so he told Craig:

-Shouldn't we go back to where we sent that man to get fabulous? It's about time for him to get out, I think.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: July 12, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »

((He better be something innately harmless dammit.))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 12, 2013, 01:17:34 pm »

((I hope so. Any ideas to weaponize him? Or should we just kill him?))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:35 pm »

"Thank you. You're all like me down here, right?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: July 12, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »

[Nothing to be sorry about man, we all have our different schedules.]

"Thank you, Good Sir Sigmund." The desk thanked the vampire as it attempted to see if it was possible to read the book from inside his drawer, either opened or closed. It was worth a shot after all, if nothing else. Turning back to the situation at hand, Morton commented. "Yes, I do believe that Sir Elron should of been back by now, perhaps he got sent a distance as well? I do wonder what determines that, it seems to be almost random..." Morton muses.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 719