Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557687 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5865 on: July 08, 2013, 06:18:07 pm »

Spoiler: Guess, what, OOC! (click to show/hide)

Sigmund will also examine his guisarme and determine how bad is the mushroom problem over it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: July 09, 2013, 01:09:46 am »

Kill the scrawny man and take the body back to the ship.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: July 09, 2013, 04:29:48 am »

((I wonder how the tailor would like to be fabulized himself.))
Kevin tries to locate a chair and sit down.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: July 09, 2013, 04:41:27 am »

((Huh. I didn't enter an action. Derp.))

Repeat the song.
Forever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: July 09, 2013, 04:58:31 am »

[Oh god the horror, its like the drunken sailor ditty all over again.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:59 am »

At Tailor Craig's traveling garment enterprise...

Sigmund is not in the best of moods presently.

"Damned firepit is still raging with those hateful flames. And those cursed mushrooms are still growing bigger. This bag's full of them, I'm not going there again in my whole unlife."

However, he has had time to deal with his issues in a perfectly rational and adult fashion, so it's easy enough to get back to other, more important things at hand.

"Well, that place could be a perfect tomb for any living person. I think that I will consider that. What were you talking about?"

Morton, a tad lost in thought presently, still manages to reply to the arrival.

"Oh, welcome back Good Sir Sigmund! I hope it went well, you seem unharmed and victorious with your excursion! The fire's still roaring though, huh... That doesn't sound pleasant, not at all. Good Tailor Craig was just detailing to me why he has a clawed hand, and the story that goes with it."

Speaking of, Morton addresses Craig once more.

"I thank you for telling me, good Tailor Craig, it sounds like they really put you through trials during your stay there, but I'm elated to hear that everything worked out for the better. If you think it alright, I can't say I'm not curious as to what it really looks like if that is indeed an illusion."

"Very well. I suppose it's unlikely that you'll be actually harmed in the process. Hang on a second."

Sigmund looks over at Craig, not really sure what's going on, but he'll be damned if he's about to miss it. And he's just in time, too. Tailor Craig's glowing eyes flash for a moment, and the air grows cold. Just then, Morton sees that his claw seems to be getting longer and sharper, its shape changing as it leaves the man's sleeve. Now, he can't say what the shape is, but he does notice that it appears to have tendrils branching off in various directions. In fact, said tendrils appear to be growing in size and length, stretching out and filling the air around the robe. Soon enough you can hardly even tell that a claw was there to begin with as the entire field of view of the undead is filled with twitching, broken black lines growing ever thicker until all light in the area is blocked out, trapping both of them in infinite darkness, in which the only two sources of light are Craig's eyes, which resemble two distant suns. Sigmund instinctively looks around, but he doesn't see Morton anywhere around him.

[Sigmund will roll: 4]

As the darkness seems to contract around him, several tendrils seem to pierce into his body, invading his inner workings, twisting them to unknown purposes. It doesn't hurt, really, it just feels incredibly wrong. He may belong in the sunless world, but this sort of darkness is something else entirely. This is something he wants nothing to do with, something he wishes to be as far from as possible. However, since escape seems unlikely, he just tries to weather it, hoping that it will indeed retreat eventually, curling up into a ball and trying to think happy thoughts.

Surprisingly, this works. The tendrils seem to retreat after a while, leaving his body entirely afterwards. After five more minutes of nothing, Sigmund opens his eyes.

Hm, looks like everything's back to normal.

[Morton will roll: 6]

Morton, meanwhile, possesses none of the luxuries that Sigmund does. He is left largely unmoving in the endless void, only capable of wobbling uncertainly at the horrors that seem intent on perverting all that he is, was and will be. The tendrils scratch at his finish, pull at his speech-drawer, pierce into his eyeknobsHis legs seem to break under the force of the tendrils, then are put back together, only to be broken again. And through all this, the things draw ever closer to his most valuable possession - his tea! At the moment when he feels most helpless, when his vaunted tea is in the greatest peril, when its purity is under risk, Morton, despite being a desk, feels a rush of adrenaline, or at least a purely mental equivalent, come to him in a great wave! He starts to spin violently and rapidly, forcing the tendrils out of his being, making them retreat back into where they were! The darkness, unprepared for such a reaction, seems to draw back, giving Morton precious room. After valiantly defending himself, Morton feels there is only one thing to do. The darkness is defeated, and only one thing left to do.

He stares into the eyes of Craig, and for a moment he thinks he can sense a kind of smile on the part of the man. The eyes seem to grow larger and brighter until they explode in a flash of light. When Morton regains his sight, he finds himself back where he was, right next to Craig. Sigmund, who is currently examining his presently mushroomless guisarme critically and disbelievingly, appears to be rather okay as well, if a bit confused.

"That was certainly educational, don't you think? I assure you, I didn't do a thing except momentarily deactivate the enchantment. This is merely how it works."

In a filthy flophouse...

Scott explains to Red-Chested Elron how the payment for his services is to be received.

"Then go to the 'haunted' ship berthed in the docks, my minions there will give you the gold. My sergeant, a dandy of a person known as The Artiste will give you your reward. However, he is a fore'nor and very specific to how he is addressed, as he knows little of our language. His name is Yufes Toring Kent. So at the berth, shout out: 'Artiste Yufes Toring Kent, I am owed x by your betters, I would like it now Yufes Toring Kent.'"

Red-Chested Elron nods, and Scott limps away to Purple Pete Petersen's place, still keeping up that pseudo-crippled impression for some reason. He arrives at the house in a short while - it is not really a luxurious place, but is certainly several steps above a hovel.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, having no time to waste, goes ahead to try and murder the scrawny fellow.

[Mark stealth vs. Scrawny Guy perception: 2-1 vs. 2]

The fellow pays surprisingly little attention, and Mark is almost within melee range when he turns around and takes a good look at him.

Naturally, the fellow tries to run.

[Fellow escape roll: 1]
[Mark pursuit roll: 2+1]

However, it is futile. Mark catches up with him easily.

[Mark vs. Scrawny Guy: 3+1 vs. 3]

He then gives him a scratch. The fellow yelps and keeps running.

[Fellow escape roll: 6]
[Mark pursuit roll: 3+1]

Clearly, the scratch has put the fear into him properly, as he starts to run rapidly, taking Mark a little by surprise!

[Fellow escape roll: 1]
[Mark pursuit roll: 1+1]

He runs into a wall by accident, but Mark still can't quite catch up! Mostly because he ran right past him!

[Fellow escape roll: 5]
[Mark pursuit roll: 2+1]

This proves to be quite the mistake on Mark's part, because when he gets back to where the guy ran into the wall, he finds that he is gone! Completely vanished out of sight!

In a foggy cabin...

After failing to find any helpful people, Kevin tries to find a chair.

This proves surprisingly difficult. No proper chairs that he can find, so he just sits down on an errant footstool.

"Hang on! I'll open a window!" goes the voice again. Moments later, a breeze starts up, and the fog starts to thin.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, currently a bit busy developing more psychoses than a man his age has any right to have, keeps on singing merrily. Well, at least his catfish part. His original face does provide twitching support, though.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:52:13 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: July 09, 2013, 05:57:37 am »

Mark heads back to the boat and pushes niklas into the water so he can swim around.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:59:30 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: July 09, 2013, 06:27:58 am »

"Ah, thank you."
With the fog thinning, Kevin tries to find this person.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:37 am »

Scot will walk in harpoon held across his shoulders.
He will shout in a menacing growl.

"Purple Pete, I ask for an audience."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: July 09, 2013, 08:57:13 am »

Sigmund told to Craig:

-All those things I felt, weren't real? How someone can transform into such thing?

[After the response]

-I see. If possible, don't do that again. It was definitely not a nice experience. Considering that it is dawn, maybe the Artiste is awake. Come with us if you want.

Take the tailor to the ship, but tell him to wait at the gangplank as I go to look for the Artiste.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: July 09, 2013, 12:12:27 pm »

"No. Thank you, and don't worry, I can open the way myself."
Head on down.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:18 pm »

Niklas swims back on land and continues singing.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 09, 2013, 05:39:01 pm »

Morton could hardly believe what happened before, much less what he did. For a moment, he truly felt the restrictions of his form, of his ability. Of what seemed like everything pressing in on all sides with no escape, but then... Then he rose above it. A surge of strength he didn't know he had, movements he didn't think possible, success through that...

"Indeed... Thank you, good Tailor Craig, I most appreciate you showing me that." The words were genuine, if a little surprised. The ordeal was cathartic, to say the least, hope inspiring even, oddly enough. The idea that, beyond the situation, there is always a chance of success, and the idea that he himself had the strength to possibly grasp it, if at least only for a moment.

Morton will follow if they head back to the ship.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 09, 2013, 07:21:34 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, having lost sight of his quarry, remembers something all of a sudden! He trots back to the ship and goes up to the still-singing Niklas fish he made, then pushes him into the water!

Niklas doesn't seem to have stopped singing, though. In fact, he swims right back ashore, beaching himself with the impressive quickness of an endangered whale!

In a foggy home in the woods...

Kevin waits for the fog to thin a bit after thanking the good man for his helpful behavior. Soon enough he can kind of see something, and it is at this point that he becomes rather embarrassed, as the house really does appear to be no larger than it seemed from the outside. He seems to be sitting near a kitchen, where a tall, skeletal-looking man is working at something - boiling something in a pot from the looks of it. Kevin is about to say something, but the guy beats him to it, turning around.

He appears mostly normal, though his eyes have a peculiar redness to them. Also, he seems to be smoking three pipes. At the same time.

"Whoa, you're certainly weird-looking. Trippy clothes, man. Not to mention the skin," he says through his teeth, carefully trying to not lose any of his smoking implements. After he's said his bit, he takes a deep drag from his pipes, blowing multicolored smoke through his nostrils.

At Purple Pete Petersen's house...

Scott decides to approach this fellow in just as menacing a fashion as the previous one.

[Scott intimidation roll: 3]

He knocks on the door, and soon afterwards hears a question from on high.

"Yeah? Whaddaya want?"

"Purple Pete, I ask for an audience," he says raspily.

"Where would I get one o' those at this hour? People are only gettin' up right now, ya silly goose! Try the theater or something."

Hmph. So that's the way it's going to be.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Morton can't help but agree with Tailor Craig's assessment of the experience.

"Indeed... Thank you, good Tailor Craig, I most appreciate you showing me that."

Sigmund, only getting more confused with every second, asks Tailor Craig what the heck is going on.

"All those things I felt weren't real? How someone can transform into such thing?"

"Well, I just told that story to your desk-friend here and don't particularly feel like telling it again - he can probably explain all the important bits to you."

"I see. If possible, don't do that again. It was definitely not a nice experience. Considering that it is dawn, maybe the Artiste is awake. Come with us if you want."

"Oh, I hardly ever have any need to use my appearance anymore. You need not worry. And I do suppose I'll come with you. Remy, we're leaving," he says, pointing at his donkey, who gets up and starts following immediately along with Morton, who keeps up reasonably well for a desk. Soon enough, they are back at the ship. It seems pretty quiet apart from weird singing coming from somewhere, and after checking the crew quarters, Sigmund finds the Artiste sound asleep. Guess he went to bed late, huh?

Soon enough, Sigmund heads back to the gangplank, only to find Tailor Craig conversing with a fellow with a bandaged chest.

"-so he's in there?"

"I suppose so, if what these fine fellows have told me is correct. Might be asleep. Why do you seek the fellow?"

"Oh, this schmuck promised to pay me 5 gold coins for some crappy information and asked me to call a guy by a ridiculous name. I just smell a trap, is all."

"What name?"

"Yufes Toring Kent."

"I don't get it, must say."

The bandaged man shrugs.

"Neither do I, but it sounds wrong to me somehow."

"Hm. Well, best of luck, then."

In the Tomb of Everything...

Darren believes his business here is done.

"No. Thank you, and don't worry, I can open the way myself."

"Good luck, buddy," she says, getting back to a particular shelf and retrieving an odd piece of junk. She seems to be appraising it. Darren, supposing that there's nothing more to it, phases through the door to the tombs, coming to a tall ladder, which he quickly navigates by simply floating down. Eventually he gets to a surprisingly horizontal tunnel. It leads to a door of some kind - a steel, mechanical one. It fills the end of the hallway forebodingly, illuminated only by rather spooky-looking luminescent fungi.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 09, 2013, 07:23:37 pm »

Keep singing.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 719