Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557595 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5760 on: July 04, 2013, 12:58:58 pm »

((Yay, so many knd peoples. c:))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: July 04, 2013, 02:05:32 pm »

Niklas will attempt to mop off the fire with his bearskin cloak and toss it away, then continue moving as fast as is possible towards the ship, yelling, I AM NOT A RAIDER! over and over again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: July 04, 2013, 04:27:59 pm »

"Well, magic, I guess. Also, is there any way to recognize the more dangerous ghosts?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: July 04, 2013, 05:00:52 pm »

At the Feisty Jelly...

Scott is disappointed. And when Scott becomes disappointed, bad things happen. He tries to light his firebomb. Fortunately, his skill in wilderness survival, what little he has, helps him out quite a bit. Soon he's got a perfectly respectable lit firebomb, which he chucks at a window.

The firebomb doesn't break the window. It does land next to the wooden wall, though, starting a small fire.

[Fire control roll: 3]

It's spreading, too. Slowly, but surely. Scott finds himself encouraging the little brave flame to go! It can go for the big leagues, it can achieve something special, he thinks. All it needs is to try. But now, Scott will leave the cute little thing. He proceeds to the trade district, looking for willing scum to question there.

Fortunately, there's a solitary fella standing right outside the Ulubelle, looking at the carnage within incredulously! He'll probably know something.

At Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, supposing that the goons Brenwicke has got protecting his holdings can't be far, looks around for them. After looking around the store and seeing nothing, he is about to go look for other drunks, but then he has an idea. He goes up to the house opposite the bookstore and knocks on the door.

And lo, the quiet guard opens the door. He appears to be snacking on some nice-looking bread currently and looking at Sigmund questioningly. He looks completely unfazed by Sigmund's appearance.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark, figuring there's nothing better to do right now, goes back on the deck to enjoy the morning and absorb the positive energies of the sun rising.

But wait! What light from yonder side street breaks? It is the west, and Niklas is the sun! Niklas, wherefore art thou on fire? And wherefore art thou pierced by more than a dozen arrows?

And wherefore art thou trying to extinguish yourself with your bearskin cloak most fine, which also is on fire? It doesn't look very effective, Mark thinks.

[Niklas movement roll: 6-2]

And where dost thine survival instinct spring from, beautiful as it is in its splendor as thou rollest screaming toward the harbor?

"I AM NOT A RAIDER! I AM NOT A RAIDER! I AM NOT A RAIDER!"

Thou wouldst be certainly a most unusual, if not entirely ineffective raider, sir Niklas, were thou rolling in any other direction but that of the cold sea. And what's this? Thou rollest toward Mark? Thou seekest help, perhaps?

[Niklas will roll: 5]

Oh, the sheer tragedy of the rolling man on fire! It is-

Wait, he's still being shot at. That arrow just went through his abdomen. Shit, better help or something. Otherwise Mark's reputation as a helpful minion will be tarnished.

At Tailor Craig's traveling garment enterprise...

Morton, observing the approaching Kevin, speaks up! It's only polite to let someone know if you've been turned into furniture by some ultimately positive and life-altering happenstance.

"Oh, good Jester Kevin, its you! Greetings and salutations, a pleasure to see you again. ... Ah, yes, I have found myself to have become a desk, but at least I'm not indecent anymore."

Kevin judges this to be patently ludicrous, though that's possibly more out of hopefulness that things like that don't happen to people in this universe just like that. Sadly, Morton has to disappoint him.

"Ah, I'm afraid this is no jest, good Jester Kevin, but indeed the truth as strange as it is. In a strange realm of multiple-hued colors and strange talking figments of mauve, I have been transformed into a desk. I can still move and speak, see and hear as you can tell."

He moves his drawers randomly, thus eliminating any possible explanations for this predicament other than the fact that it is exactly how it appears. Well, that and poltergeists at work.

"This here is good Tailor Craig, good Tailor Craig, this is my friend and compatriot good Jester Kevin. Good Tailor Craig aided me in my time of desperate need brought about by... Indecency, however such resulted sadly in my current form. Demons are fickle things, I suppose."

Kevin, utterly convinced, shrugs. Tailor Craig utilizes the momentary lull in conversation to step in.

"Well, I'm certainly... um... pleased to meet you, Jester Kevin. Which face do I address, if I may... no, wait, that's a silly thing to ask. Don't answer that. Tell me, though, how would you like to become fabulous?"

That's an interesting offer. Kevin hasn't been offered a chance to become fabulous in many years now.

In the Tomb of Everything...

Darren shrugs at the girl's questions.

"Well, magic, I guess. Also, is there any way to recognize the more dangerous ghosts?"

The girl giggles at the question.

"Oh, you'll recognize them easily. Normal ghosts look normal. Like people, you know. Crazy ghosts, they change. They don't look like normal people. Especially crazy ghosts don't look like people at all. But those are easy to see coming. The ones that aren't, like my parents, for instance, there you have to be real careful. They look like they used to in life, you know, maybe sans a limb or two, with a grievous wound or something, that sort of thing. But when you look carefully, you notice something's... off. Something inhuman about them. Maybe the eyes. Maybe the way they shift around. Maybe they lick their lips when you turn your back. Maybe they cast a shadow, and not like a person would, but all creepy-like. Lastly, maybe their head splits open and the brain flies out at you. Happened once to me, was the freakiest thing ever. So glad I dodged it. But anyway, hatch is over there," the girl says, pointing to a solid steel lid with some elaborate lifting mechanism fitted to it.

"Don't have to open it for you, do I? It takes long. Any more questions?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: July 04, 2013, 05:15:03 pm »

Sigmund put his better salesman smile as he said:

-Hello, good fellow! I'm part of a group of travelers, whose existence is solely dedicated to improving the image of every being. Either if you need it o not, a change of your image is always a good thing. It can improve your relation with your acquaintances, friend and even maybe get you some girls. -He said this moving his eyebrows expressively-. So, what do you thing, my good friend, are you going to miss this wonderful opportunity?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »

"Sir, I wonder if I could ask you a few questions?"
Scott will friendly greet the guy with a handshake, judging his intent.

((This is it guys, I feel that the crazy Uberman has come for me. :c
I just hope it become a heroic battle to be retold for aeons. :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:45 pm »

GO INTO THE HARBOR TO EXTINGUISH FLAMES
IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, GO TO THE SHIP
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: July 04, 2013, 06:25:16 pm »

Leap off the ship and help niklas with his rolling putting my metal self between him and the attacking arrows
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: July 05, 2013, 01:39:37 am »

At a house inhabited by guards...

Sigmund smiles at the man widely and explains what he's here for.

"Hello, good fellow! I'm part of a group of travelers, whose existence is solely dedicated to improving the image of every being. Either if you need it o not, a change of your image is always a good thing. It can improve your relation with your acquaintances, friend and even maybe get you some girls," utilizing his eyebrows to their maximum potential. "So, what do you think, my good friend, are you going to miss this wonderful opportunity?"

The guard shakes his head with great enthusiasm, clearly intrigued by both the prospect of self-reinvention and the eyebrows!

At the abandoned Ulubelle...

Scott, thinking he may have caught either a very lucky or a very unlucky break here, opts to take the opportunities that have come to him. He walks up to the man.

"Sir, I wonder if I could ask you a few questions?"

He outstretches his hand toward the man, who looks to be a reasonably ordinary sort. However, there is no response from the man, who remains silent, not even turning his head toward Scott. How rude of him.

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, supposing that there couldn't be any harm in rolling into the saltiest sea of the south, goes ahead and does it!

[Niklas movement roll: 6-2]

Even as Mark leaps off the ship, presumably out of a desire to help his fellow innovator, Niklas proves it ultimately unnecessary as he is perfectly capable of plunging into the drink all by himself. He sinks to the bottom of the harbor, extinguishing any flames on him in short order! Mark stands dejectedly at the ship for a moment. What now?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: July 05, 2013, 01:47:10 am »

Niklas attempts to swim up to the surface, and if ineffective he shall find the ship's anchor chain and climb up it onto the ship!
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: July 05, 2013, 01:57:32 am »

Scott will step in front of him and look at him.
"Hello? Are you  all right?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: July 05, 2013, 05:29:04 am »

Kevin doubted. On one hand, he didn't exactly like his new form. On the other hand, he tought he would like being desked far less. He finally made a decision and nodded, then waited for the tailor to do his thing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:27 am »

"Ah, you wish to go to the realm of the fabulous then, good Jester Kevin? Very well, I wish you the best of luck then, I know it will go better than it did for I. Do tell the figment that I said hello if you could." The desk spoke to the spiky skeleton, before looking back to Tailor Craig. "Good Tailor Craig, I do recall you mentioning that you have three copies of the book, I must admit I'm curious, where there editions that perhaps edited out some useful information from the newer copy? Or do you just like to be prepared in the case that one might get lost, or damaged? I can completely understand the latter sentiment, something I wish I did for my old livery, although I still wish I knew what happened to it in the first place."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: July 05, 2013, 08:45:21 am »

Mark seeing the viking getting on the ship joins him and starts treating him with !!MEDICINE!!.   
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:10 am »

Sigmund said to the guard:

-Ah, you are very interested in this, it seems, come with me.

Take the man to the tailor/demonologist/whatever
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 719