Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557580 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5715 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

[Yeah, same here. The fabric is pretty useless to Morton is another reason I want the handbook really, and it might shed some insight on Artiste. He claims he's no demon, but he seems pretty similar to one all the same.]

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: July 02, 2013, 10:22:16 am »

[We probably can, heck maybe we can get him to join our merry band. Well, possibly not that since he seems dead set on his adventures in capitalism, but we can try darn it.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

((Yes, Sigmund doesn't know that he is a demonnologist, but Morton can mention that we have a master who is a pseudo-demon. Maybe he gets interested))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:10 am »

[Yeah, think I'll do that next turn to suggest the book.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: July 02, 2013, 11:44:49 am »

Scott shall snatch the harpoon to carve slabs of flesh to smother the fire out.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:36 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas decides to do what barbarians do best, and that is to brutally break into houses and ask for directions! He finds a rather dinghy-looking hovel and goes about finding its occupants. After kicking down the door, he notices an old man sitting around in a chair, completely alone.

The old man looks at him.

"Oh dear, a raider!" he yells out. Then he smells the air.

"Oh my, an undead raider! The Necromancers are back!"

He grabs a flask of oil and hurls it at Niklas!

[Ranged Touch Attack: Old Man vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 6-2]

It hits Niklas straight in the chest, making him stumble back a little and covering his manly chest in oil. Hm. Wonder what the point of that was. The old man appears to be moving quickly away from the undead fellow, going for a window from the looks of it.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin, having found the Artiste to be sound asleep previously, gets back to the deck to find a nasty bonfire burning. It evokes rather bad memories, so he tries to get rid of some of the burning junk!

Seeing how the fire seems to have been made out of the remains of a barrel, Kevin has no trouble throwing all of it overboard rapidly. After that he even stomps on whatever is still smoking just to be on the safe side. Mark and Scott are unfortunately deprived of any firefighting action as a result. How sad. Scott still carves one of the dead fish up, and this makes him feel a bit better.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund, rather than immediately choose between two rewards, goes with the more guarded approach.

"I may ask what that handbook is about, and what make those fabrics so special, first. I have to consider both things."

"Hm... a handbook of demon etiquette? Certainly seems like it would be a fascinating read, yes indeed, if I'm not mistaken on what it is about. I do agree with good Sir Sigmund, however, a little more information on both would be most wonderful, good tailor Craig."

"Nothing really special about the fabrics, aside from their general high quality, though you can select a whole lot if you please. And the Handbook of Demonic Conduct is a rather wonderful text for anyone with an interest in the noble art of demonology. It lists methods of communing with demons, bargaining with them and getting away in a timely and discreet fashion should the first two fail. Very nicely written - I have three copies, myself, the one I might give you is an older edition."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: July 02, 2013, 12:03:03 pm »

Sigmund didn't need to think about this choice, he could learn demonology, and maybe understand what his master was!:

-I don't know if you have decided yet, Morton, but I opt for the handbook, it will help us understand the nature of our new master.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:05 pm »

"Indeed, I was thinking much the same good Sir Sigmund. Although he does protest he isn't one but something akin however, it may be of aid for us indeed, or perhaps in any future dealings with demons. One can never predict what the future holds as they say, I wouldn't of thought I'd become a desk today this morning. Or an hour ago really." Morton agreed, then sort of rambled a bit.

"Good Tailor Craig, you are most generous in your help of us, I thank you for that. If we're ever in the need for clothing and you're in the area, we'll be sure to look you up first."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: July 02, 2013, 12:17:46 pm »

Oh. A veteran.

Bravely run away!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »

((Getting this demonlogist to the Artiste has my full approval.))
Remembering previous experiences, Kevin heads down into the ship for some exploring.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 02, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

"Thank you Kevin, please restrain Mark so I can kick him where it hurts...everywhere."
Scott shall do as he says.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: July 02, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

"What type of traps are typically in there? Does it vary like the tombs?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 02, 2013, 09:58:43 pm »

Mark looks over at scott as he talks, then draws his halberd and stares at Scott prepareing to defend him self.
(I'm made of metal have a good weapon and have experience at using it. Come at me bro.)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:46 am »

((I'm venting anger at your recklessness, not seriously trying to damage you :3 Then again, I did accidentally kill bernie >.>))
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 719