Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557564 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5685 on: June 30, 2013, 05:42:07 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to find some kind of strap or rope in order to make himself into a new chef! Better in both armament and looks, it shall be a new beginning!

Fortunately, rope and leather straps appear to be in relative abundance around here! Niklas takes a few and tries to make himself a +5 harness of optimal culinary performance!

[Crafting roll: 4]

He does eventually make a wonderful full-body harness of most of the tools available, including strapping all the giant cleavers around his back! Two of the saw had to stay asides, though. Too big and unwieldy - he's pretty sure you need two people to use one of them properly.

[Strength roll: 4+1]

And the harness can be carried rather nicely! Much better than previously! It's lucky that Niklas is as beefy as he is - a lesser man would break under the weight of the thing. He can't move quite as quickly anymore, though, but he would wager that this harness might function as armor. Not good armor, naturally, but good enough to turn aside a slashing weapon occasionally.

Meanwhile, back on the deck, Scott engages in the ancient Yaleson ritual of sharpening his harpoon vigorously until it becomes powerful enough to turn any knight into a quivering mass of flesh.

[Sharpening roll: 2]

However, the blade, chipped as it is, confounds Scott! It renders him momentarily dysfunctional! His spirits drop immediately as he realizes he has no idea what he's doing! He hasn't sharpened his harpoon once in his entire life!

Maybe he should seek advice from someone more experienced in such matters. Ah, if only he hadn't killed Bernie.

At the schoolhouse of Shriekpot...

Kevin decides to wander off in a completely random direction as he writes the schoolhouse off as a waste of time. He wanders off aimlessly, eventually coming back to port by sheer accident. Go figure, huh?

In the Fabulous Dimension...

Sigmund, flying through the void rapidly, politely clarifies his gender and purpose.

"I'm sorry, but I'm a man, and although I'm quite old, I don't think that I look old. I'm Sigmund, it's a pleasure to meet you. I came here as a result of a ritual performed by an extravagant cloth vendor. I've been told that you make things fabulous here. And I think that I currently lack that fabulousness. I just want to look better, although not very different if possible. I would like to keep a humanoid form, but, well, you are the experts in these kind of things, right? I'm sure you will do a wonderful job anyway."

"Hm. Lots of naked men falling in today. Well, I certainly have my work cut out for me! You are most certainly an abominable nudist, and we cannot have that! Prepare to be changed for the more fabulous, if not necessarily the better!"

[Alteration roll: 4]

Suddenly, Sigmund is twisted and reshaped at the creature's whim! He becomes something... rather different, he would say. He most definitely does not look like he used to - for one, he is taller and much more muscular in his looks. What's more, his arms now have a far more aesthetically pleasing length rather than the previously incredibly strange one. His pale skin becomes noticeably reddish-purple, and he appears to have attained a rather large headdress resembling a strange wig made of strange, scintillating, golden wormlike things. This motif carries over to the rest of his garb - he seems to be wearing a large, rather imposing greatcoat made of the same thing - it's remarkably soft and warm, he must say - and a set of pants that really seem to accentuate the hips. Also, he now has a rather unusual black handlebar mustache that writhes expressively with his every facial movement, complete with eyebrows conforming to the same principle. Every one of his features has become far more sharp and alert-looking. Finally, he appears to be wearing a set of red, high-heeled leather boots that seem to make his feet look bigger than they really are.

In short, he looks a bit fruity, though at least he's not a desk.

"There we go! Don't we look marvelous?"

Next to a rather strange cloth salesman...

Morton keeps up the conversation. Not like he has anything better to do while Sigmund undergoes his extreme makeover.

"I must say, that is quite the interesting achievement Sir Tailor. However did you manage to uncover such a thing?"

"I studied demonology in the University of Magic before I turned to fashion. The two mix rather well, unsurprisingly."

"You haven't tried it yourself either?"[/color]

"Demonologists who are the first to enter portals they make don't tend to live very long, I've found. Besides, I like the way I look."

"Either way, I'm glad to have been of some service to you, although I do wish I was in a more, ah, versatile form. Do you perhaps have any suggestions, sir Tailor? Perhaps a way to reverse such, or attempt to change it?"

"You could try a transmuter, but they are highly unlikely to help. When you begin to comprehend the structure of a demon's works, your mind tends to quit rather quickly. This is why demonologists are largely an easygoing, happy-go-lucky lot while transmuters are largely neurotic control freaks."

Morton, rapidly becoming convinced that this is, in fact, some kind of weird dream, tries to make himself see again! He is well on his way in his attempt when he suddenly realizes he does have eyes - glass ones. They are placed in the knobs of the drawers. How strange.

In the Tomb of Everything...

Darren behaves in a friendly and forthright fashion, feeling that the Crown of Flowers is within his reach!

"Howdy. So, the Crown of Flowers. You have it here? Do I have to go through any tests?"

"Crown of Flowers? That's in the really, really deep catacombs. I mostly just wander around the upper, the deep and the really deep ones. I draw the line there, ya see. Too many ghosts down there. Territorial ones, too! They'll splatter your head if you're not real careful-like. You don't wanna go down there. I live down there, and even I don't wanna go down there."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: June 30, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »

Niklas sees the enterprising Scott attempting - and failing - to sharpen his implement of stabbing. Feeling generous, he decides to sharpen it for Scott.
And then sharpen his stuff too, if they need to be.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: June 30, 2013, 06:50:20 pm »

"Could you tell me a little bit more about what it's like down there?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: June 30, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »

Sigmund looked at himself:

-I love this change! I have to look at me in a mirror now. Thank you very much. By the way, what's the name of this place? I may recommend it to my friends. Well, if you like to make people more fashionable, and are not doing this because you feel obliged to do so.

((I wonder if this has fixed my pelvis))

EDIT:
[If Sigmund gets teleported back]

Sigmund stands in a confident way and asks:

-Do you like my new style?

[Pause for the response]

-I have to look at my face, do you have a mirror?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: June 30, 2013, 07:25:25 pm »

Mark inspects his halberd and after Niklas sharpens the harpoon he gets the stone and sharpens his halberd
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: June 30, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

[Sharpen everything! Sharpen yer bones! Sharpen yer tongue! Sharpen yer wit!]

Ah, marvelous! It seems parts of the desk neatly cover most of what he can do indeed. Hm... Morton does wonder if the other two drawers are indeed just used for storage however, and if so how much.  Given the properties of what is going on, and the happenstance of his changes, he isn't certain enough to say 'what is physically allowable,' as he's seen enough to chuck that out the proverbial window, yes indeed. However, the burned butler suddenly realizes something most dreadful. He can't make tea anymore in his new form, due to lack of hands...

Morton was silent for a minute or two due to this realization, finally giving nothing more than a sigh. "Bother." It was like one of the bright lights of his life suddenly became farther away than it used to be. He'll have to think of a way around this, yes indeed...

But he was being rude and ignoring the good tai--demon--...Tailorologist? Detailorologist? Hm... But enough of that tangent. "Hm, I thank you good sir. Do you perhaps have any kind advice for me about my current physiology, I admit I am still a bit fuzzy on it. I do indeed appear to be a rather, indeed perhaps the best I've seen, marvelous desk. I can move, see, hear, speak... Would you perhaps know of any way to offset my lack of manipulable appendages? I admit I am not too versed in such ways, but perhaps you might know. Oh... Dreadfully sorry, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Carter Morton, although most call me Morton. Who might you be good sir?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 01, 2013, 02:08:04 am »

((From what I know, Bernie doesn't sound the type to sharpen anothers harpoon...))

Scott will check the ballistae to see if it could be aimed to point into the ocean.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 01, 2013, 06:03:40 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, having slinked onto the deck and observed from a distance how Scott utterly fails to sharpen his harpoon, utilizes his great experience from prolonged sea voyages and helps him out.

[Sharpening roll: 5]

And indeed, Scott's harpoon is soon extraordinarily sharp and mean-looking - you probably couldn't tell there was a problem with it in the first place! However, Niklas is not sated by this exercise, so he sets about sharpening his own tools to the best of his ability.

[Sharpening roll: 1]

He manages to turn two giant cleavers into things that could be utilized as fairly functional paddles. No idea what he was thinking there, really.

Suddenly, Mark, excited by all this flagrant tool use happening around him, also commandeers the stone to sharpen his own halberd, which,  though relatively new and unused, is still in need of attention.

[Sharpening roll: 3]

Well, he sharpens it a little bit. Not too much, though. Just enough to be nice and shiny. It looks rather good now, Mark thinks.

As the others succumb to the joy of sharpening their tools, Scott has something better in mind. Namely, pointing his ballista at something in the ocean. It's a bit awkward, as both the port and starboard side face toward the wharf, and he has to aim around or over the bow to hit the ocean.

In the Fabulous Dimension...

Sigmund, taking a moment to appreciate his brand new look, expresses his approval on the extreme makeover.

"I love this change! I have to look at me in a mirror now. Thank you very much. By the way, what's the name of this place? I may recommend it to my friends. Well, if you like to make people more fashionable, and are not doing this because you feel obliged to do so."

"Oh, this? This is the Most Fabulous of Realms, and I am its lord, the Aspect of Appeal! I do enjoy making people more fabulous than before, but I really shouldn't advertise this place too much. The others may get jealous. Speaking of, your exit."

Sigmund is unceremoniously absorbed by a hole in the fabric of space, returning to the world of variable fabulousness in a process that takes but an instant! He is plopped down on the ground about 50 meters away from the tailor. Huh. Okay. He rushes back to the group.

Near a rather unusual demonological tailor...

Morton is rather happy about the fact that he isn't blind after all. Then he becomes extremely sad about the fact that he can no longer create that sweetest of life's pleasures, tea. The contrasting emotions mix in his tumultuous desk-mind, producing one clear combination, a violent scream of emotion bubbling up from his very essence.

"Bother."

But enough shocking outbursts. It isn't proper to behave like this, after all. Always look on the bright side of things.

"Hm, I thank you good sir. Do you perhaps have any kind advice for me about my current physiology, I admit I am still a bit fuzzy on it. I do indeed appear to be a rather, indeed perhaps the best I've seen, marvelous desk. I can move, see, hear, speak... Would you perhaps know of any way to offset my lack of manipulable appendages? I admit I am not too versed in such ways, but perhaps you might know. Oh... dreadfully sorry, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Carter Morton, although most call me Morton. Who might you be, good sir?"

"Pleased to meet you, Morton. My name is Craig Coville. And about having hands and feet, I can only give one piece of advice - find a carpenter. A good one."

Suddenly, a tall, reddish-purple man wearing outlandish golden clothing and a rather strange headdress steps up to them.

"Do you like my new style?"

"You're the one I sent through the portal, I presume? I suppose you look rather fabulous, not to mention quite exotic."

"I have to look at my face, do you have a mirror?"

"Not on me, I'm afraid - they're bad luck. Particularly around demons."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:33 am »

Mark takes the harpoon and gets back to fishing and sacrificing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: July 01, 2013, 08:52:45 am »

Sigmund replied:

-How unfortunate! Well, do you want to know something about that particular place? It is called, by the way, the Most Fabulous of Realms.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15:48 am »

Kevin goes aboard the ship and looks for the Artiste, then tries to ask him if there's anything he can do.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: July 01, 2013, 10:17:44 am »

Scott will loose the Ballista into an area he estimates there will be game.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: July 01, 2013, 02:17:56 pm »

Sharpen those things into respectable sharp things!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: July 01, 2013, 03:12:48 pm »

"...Good Sir Sigmund, is that truly you?" The fabulous desk's drawer asked the reddish-purple man, although it was a rhetorical question. "I'm relieved that it went much better your go around, good Sir Sigmund, your stuff is still here if you desire it." Morton spoke, although he couldn't gesture to the stuff due to lack of hands. "Good Tailor Craig, do you perhaps know of a good carpenter around here perhaps? I most thank you for your advice, I shall take it although I am at a lack of knowledge of any around here however..." The desk says, wobbling a bit before being still due to Morton realizing he can no longer shrug anymore. Indeed, most of his usual actions that accompany his speech aren't available, although he's sure he can get used to that however. Always look on the bright side, no? He's still alive and well, and on the plus side he looks nice and, most likely, smells better than he did before.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: July 01, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »

Sigmund will take back his stuff from Morton, excluding his old clothes:

-Thank you, Morton. Would you mind keeping my old clothes? I think that I'm not going to need them any more.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 719