Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557563 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5670 on: June 29, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, figuring that it's best to check if it's actually Morton that's become a desk or just a random desk that fell out of a dimensional rift for no reason. Hey, it happens.

"Morton, are you this desk?"

Morton, thinking for a moment and deducing that this is indeed not a trick question of some kind, opens his talking drawer!

"I... Yes. It does appear I am now a desk. I'm not entirely sure what to say of this change in my body... although it is a marvelous desk, that can't be denied."

To further the point, Morton shambles forward slowly by moving his four legs. Sweet, he can walk! It looks awfully weird, however.

"Oh, dear!" Sigmund exclaims, jumping backwards. He looks at the rag man and asks him a question. "Is there a way to change him back? Or, at least, to a better shape? I'm not criticizing this wonderful piece of furniture at all, but I'm afraid that it's not very comfortable to be something as, umm, so immovable on it's own as this."

"Seems to be walking just fine, our desk-friend. Not to mention rather improved from his previous state. Sure, you may make an argument about the lack of hands, but really, that's just a matter of perspective. And I'd rather not send him through the portal again. The demon may take offense. I could send you, though, long-armed man. Perhaps you will be changed for the better as well? Not to mention that I will have thoroughly proved the concept of the thing and obtained new data. And if you do, I'll give you any fabric you desire as payment. Would such a thing be agreeable?"

At the schoolhouse of Shriekpot...

Kevin strolls up to the schoolhouse and takes a look at the notice.

To any it may concern,

The schoolhouse is temporarily closed as we mourn the untimely passing of Ms. Rita Lenford, our recently departed and dearly beloved faculty member. If you have any questions of the schoolmaster or his subordinates, direct them to the guard and he will do his best to relay them to the appropriate individual.

Sincerely,
Schoolmaster Gingham.

Ah. How unfortunate.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, having decided that Mark is using the harpoon all wrong, takes it away from him. Mark, having had no luck at the moment, does not mind. Scott looks at the sea, trying to spot fish moving around.

Oh, over there! That's most certainly a fish! Scott hurls the harpoon!

[Scott precision roll: 6]

It strikes the thing dead-on! Scott hasn't missed a harpoon throw yet! However, the sound it makes is a bit odd. Scott tries to pull the harpoon back, finding that it offers no resistance!

When it's back in his hands, Scott realizes that it's lost its edge a little. Must have hit a rock. Aw.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: June 29, 2013, 02:31:15 pm »

Scott shall peer into the water if he can see the object he struck, to avoid it in future. Then begin the hunt again.

((Why am I getting a discworld vibe here about my turn? ;P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: June 29, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »

((Well, I'll try. And this will end hiariously))
Sigmund thought the proposal for several seconds. He didn't want to end as a furniture, bu he was already in part a freak. Finally he took a decision:

-Yes, sir. Any recomendations before my travel?

EDIT:
Sigmund hands every thing he has got to Morton before the travel. Yes, he will go naked too.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: June 29, 2013, 05:14:32 pm »

((Maybe you will be a chair and match Morton perfectly. Together forever.  :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: June 29, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »

((I doubt that I will get another 1. I hope that I don't, at least))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

Mark goes looking for any thing that can be used to sharpen the harpoons because Scott is likely to screw up again.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: June 29, 2013, 07:46:39 pm »

Morton was still in shock, taking the items Sigmund gave him. So he can walk, he can talk... Alright. Not as terrible as he initially thought, although he still wonders with increasing strength if he is actually dreaming. Either way, he decided to play along. "Uhm... Sir Tailor, what exactly was done to me? I'm... I'm afraid I never really understood. Lots of colors, and a strange figment that spoke to me and... Well, turned me into a desk." He'd appreciate some answers, as he messes around with all of his drawers to see what they can do. He knows one can make him talk, but what about the others, do they just hold stuff? Can he... Feel or understand what is held in them? Then there's the shelf... How exactly does he see is another issue... Hm, most perplexing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:49:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: June 30, 2013, 04:59:56 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott makes sure to mark the insidious fishrock in order to avoid it in the future, then takes aim at something else.

However, no reasonably visible fish are in sight. There is only that one rock protruding from the depths. It's clearly mocking him with its fishiness, Scott thinks. Well, its fishiness and its general immunity to piercing weaponry. It's a right bastard of a rock, Scott concludes.

As Scott muses on the vile nature of his stony adversary, Mark looks for something to sharpen a harpoon with. Fortunately, there is a very nice-looking whetstone here. That could presumably work.

Next to a rather strange cloth merchant...

Doubtlessly intrigued by the prospect of becoming exquisite furniture, Sigmund realizes there's only one possible answer to the question of whether he wants to take the plunge.

"Yes, sir. Any recommendations before my travel?"

"Don't get snippy is all I can tell you. They hate that. Cooperate! Object if you like, but don't press the issue. Don't make demands, merely suggest. This applies to relations with all creatures of unimaginable power, really. I could give you the handbook when you get back, even. Not before, though."

Sigmund nods and promptly gets shamelessly naked, placing all of his stuff on his favorite (not to mention only) desk-friend. Meanwhile, the salesman draws the same circle around him as he did before, then snaps the claw. Sigmund is sucked into a pit of darkness much like Morton before him! He falls through what appears to be a dark void, then suddenly hits a realm of infinite, all-encompassing color. The transition is not unlike the sensation of a brick wall exploding within your skull. As Sigmund falls through the incredibly fabulous, colorful realm, a powerful ultramarine beam shines on his soul!

"Ah! More visitors! May I ask what exactly a naked old woman seeks in this realm?"

Back in less fabulous climes, Morton briefly reflects on the fact that he appears to have all of Sigmund's stuff placed on him. So he figures it best not to move too far away.

"Uhm... Sir Tailor, what exactly was done to me? I'm... I'm afraid I never really understood. Lots of colors, and a strange figment that spoke to me and... well, turned me into a desk."

"Funny thing is, I'm not sure, either! I think I opened a portal to the realm of a demon, but which exact demon, I don't know. I do know that things that go in, get spit out in a more fabulous form. I suppose it might be a particularly benevolent and fabulous demon you meet, but I have not tried it myself yet - I devised the entire method only yesterday. Tested it on several inanimate objects and it seemed to work fine, so I set out in search of test subjects. Fortunately, you two came along."

This does bring another question of perplexing means to Morton's mind - how exactly does he see anything? To be honest, he has absolutely no idea. Maybe he shouldn't be able to see after all.

Yes, he probably can't see anything. It only makes sense, after all. All the things he saw are probably products of his brain trying to fool him he can actually see something. Well, he'll be having none of that now. Blindness ho!

Also, on that note, he opens one of his drawers. He hears something large and rubbery pop out and fly away rapidly in an uncertain direction. And the third drawer seems to be filled with teamaking supplies.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: June 30, 2013, 05:02:54 am »

Niklas searches for straps of some sort. Or rope or something. Once found, he will loop it around his body multiple times and tie almost everything to said rope/strap/thing, save for the meat hooks, which he will carry.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: June 30, 2013, 05:50:39 am »

Kevin walks off in a random direction again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: June 30, 2013, 05:52:27 am »

Scott will snatch the whetstone and work on the harpoon until it looks sharp enough to gut a fully encased Knight.

He whispers.

""Fishy rock, you'll get yours one day..."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: June 30, 2013, 09:53:24 am »

Sigmund was perplexed at such experience. But he managed to clarify his situation to the odd presence:

-I'm sorry, but I'm a man, and altough I'm quite old, I don't think that I look old. I'm Sigmund, it's a pleasure to meet you. I came here as a result of a ritual performed by an extravagant cloth vendor. I've been told that you make things fabulous here. And I think that I currently lack that fobulousness. I just want to look better, although not very different if possible. I would like to keep a humanoid form, but, well, you are the experts in these kind of things right? I'm sure you will do a wondreful job anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: June 30, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »

Bother. Well, that was probably the oar, and it does indeed seem he still has his stuff. That's good. "I must say, that is quite the interesting achievement Sir Tailor. However did you manage to uncover such a thing? You haven't tried it yourself either? Either way, I'm glad to have been of some service to you, although I do wish I was in a more, ah, versatile form. Do you perhaps have any suggestions, sir Tailor? Perhaps a way to reverse such, or attempt to change it?" The 'no sight' business is going to be quite the bother indeed, although... If this is perhaps a dream, which is growing in rapid certainty to the other choices, perhaps its a try to simply convince himself that he could? I mean, what can't one achieve in a dream, no?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: June 30, 2013, 12:58:39 pm »

((Looks like it's time to start disbelieving until you die from it again.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: June 30, 2013, 05:35:23 pm »

"Howdy. So, the Crown of Flowers. You have it here? Do I have to go through any tests?"
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 719