Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557556 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5655 on: June 29, 2013, 07:15:38 am »

SACRIFICE also more relaxing fishing
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: June 29, 2013, 07:31:27 am »

Kevin heads to the schoolhouse

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:53 am »

((All I can image is a metal skeleton with at tree for a head and roots in the rib cage calmly fishing off the side of a boat.
Sometimes dragging something big and dangerous from the depths on board to sell its soul and use it in transplants))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: June 29, 2013, 09:01:32 am »

[Morton is in something called the fabulous dimension. Truly the best name for any dimension. I'm still laughing.]

Morton isn't entirely sure if he can talk while being a desk. He figures he should probably try anyway, with everything that is going on. It's certainly a nice desk though. "E-er, I apologize f-for my previous appearance, factors w-were not under my control sadly." The butler seemed to be calming down, wondering if falling is actually a thing here really. Sure, he's falling, but is he really falling? He's not that sure. 'Course right now he's becoming less and less sure this is reality and instead that the mushroom smoke must be really giving him weird dreams or something.

"I-I thank you for your help, b-but I'm afraid I-I'm rather attached t-to a living physiology. T-This is most certainly one of the most wonderful d-desk I've seen though, and I-I've seen many." Is indeed true, he has seen a great many desks. "I'm s-still a touch confused as to where I am however, i-if you wouldn't mind, could you perhaps enlighten me? L-Last I remember is a strange man with a lobster-like hand s-saying he'd help me in my most horrid of indecent moments."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: June 29, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

Sigmund, while waiting for Morton to go out, and trying to make good use of the situation, asked the extrange individual:

-So, you sell cloth, right? Do you have any useless rag that you wouldn't mind to throw away? It's because I currently need some to andle a particulary dangerous mushroom.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: June 29, 2013, 10:02:58 am »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, feeling the ship move most peculiarly as something happens on the deck, composes himself and gets to his feet, intent on investigating. As he comes out on deck, he spots Mark doing something ridiculous.

[Ritual roll: 3]

He appears to be trying to remove the fish's ribs, but is having trouble in doing what follow's next. Namely, the stabbing of the fish's heart and making sure it lives for long enough for him to finish a fairly elaborate carving with his scalpel. Unfortunately, he fails in accomplishing this. Oh well. Plenty more fish in the sea, that's what he always says.

[Mark fishing roll: 2]

Okay, maybe there aren't that many fish in the sea. At least, not that many interested in the bait he's got. How terrible!

At the Center of Shriekpot...

Kevin, having no place better to be, wanders over to the schoolhouse.

However, this being the extremely late-night or extremely early morning, it is predictably closed. Not to mention that there appears to be some kind of notice on the door.

In the Fabulous Dimension...

Morton, unsure of the plausibility of a desk being capable of conveying speech, goes ahead and tries it anyway. Fortunately, one of his drawers turns out to be a rather cleverly-disguised speech organ of some sort!

"E-er, I apologize f-for my previous appearance, factors w-were not under my control sadly."

"Apology accepted, my good desk! All better now, yes?"

"I-I thank you for your help, b-but I'm afraid I-I'm rather attached t-to a living physiology. T-This is most certainly one of the most wonderful d-desk I've seen, though, and I-I've seen many."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll love being a desk! I tried it once, and it was absolutely amazing!"

"I'm s-still a touch confused as to where I am however, i-if you wouldn't mind, could you perhaps enlighten me? L-Last I remember is a strange man with a lobster-like hand s-saying he'd help me in my most horrid of indecent moments."

"This man spoke truly! I have indeed cured your awfulness! However, I really have business to attend to right now. Tell your friends about this place! I'm sure I will be able to help any other fashion-challenged individuals as well! But now, I must bid you adieu, for your exit is coming up!"

Morton is about to ask what that means, but he is sucked through yet another portal before this can happen. He finds himself back in Shriekpot! Right next to the donkey once again, actually.

"-you have any useless rag that you wouldn't mind to throw away? It's because I currently need some to handle a particularly dangerous mushroom."

"No, sadly I have no useless rags. All my rags have multiplex and manifold uses, some of them fairly esoteric. I could sell you some cheaper cloth, however. Ah! Look! The portal has opened!"

The dark man walks up to Morton and runs a hand over his rich, unusually tinted extraplanar finish.

"A desk? Most unexpected. The process most definitely requires reevaluation. Sorry about that, I suppose. At least your friend's desk shape is rather fashionable. A finer desk I have not seen in ages."

Sigmund, though he cannot call this development entirely pleasant, has to agree. Morton's never looked better.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:07:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:01 am »

Sigmund was shocked at the sight of his friend being turned into a desk. he came closer to desk-Morton and sopke in the direction of that piece of furniture:

-Morton, are you this desk?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:01 am »

The exquisitely colored desk was silent, it being a desk after all. Well, until one of the drawers opened of its own accord and a voice issued forth. It was Morton's! "I... Yes. It does appear I am now a desk. I'm not entirely sure what to say of this change in my body... Although it is a marvelous desk, that can't be denied." The desk sounded confused and a little shell-shocked. Morton tried to see what he could do with his new form, being he tries to see if he can move on his own. After all, if he can open one drawer, whats to say he can't move anything else, no? The desk also checks to see if his equipment in the backpack is still with him, although he isn't sure how or where it would be...

[Would normally be longer, but time is currently running short.

Also, my sides. They have been split asunder. Truly this is the gem of all events to happen, becoming an exquisite desk, now to just work it in my favor.]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:20:46 am by Xanmyral »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: June 29, 2013, 10:23:50 am »

((Oh god. Morton is now a desk. I wonder if we actually had any characters that have maintained their original shape and lived for a full chapter.))
Kevin reads the notice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

Sigmund, after hearing Morton's voice, jumped backwards:

-Oh, dear!

He then turned to the man and asked:

-Is there a way to change him back? Or, at least, to a better shape? I'm not critizicing this wondurful piece of furniture at all, but I'm afraid that it's not very comfortable to be something as, umm, so immovable on it's own as this.

((At miau: I really doubt so. Well, maybe Jordan, I think))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: June 29, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

((When they say butlers are furniture, I don't believe they meant it in this way :P))

Scott will grab his harpoon from mark and show him how REAL MEN fish!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:55:18 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: June 29, 2013, 11:22:43 am »

Mark was replacing the bait on the harpoon with the small fish he caught earler when Scott grabbed the harpoon.
He watched the new blood try his skills.
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: June 29, 2013, 12:39:39 pm »

((New blood? Scott damn well yanked that catfish/shark out the water with Kevin in it before rescuing mark. :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: June 29, 2013, 12:53:22 pm »

((
Spoiler: For Xanmyral (click to show/hide)
))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: June 29, 2013, 01:59:31 pm »

[Can't make anything other than OOC comments right now, sorry, but Tom. Yes. That picture, yes. I'm making that my avatar when I can.

Also I am determined to have Morton live, missing form be damned, this just makes him a much better face. Which he kinda was anyhow.

I plan on working on making the most of his desk form.]
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 719