Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557513 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5505 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:05 pm »

"I'm just here to find something. A god-given mission and all that good stuff."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: June 22, 2013, 01:42:28 am »

[Gah, sorry for the wait, looked at thread but forgot to mark as unread to get back to it later.]

"Indeed, it appears the tree does have some... Stranger properties, intense hatred none the least." Morton accepts the mushroom from Sigmund. "Thank you good Sir Sigmund, let us try the test now... Although I had wished under more normal circumstances." The burned undead butler shrugged. Can't always get what you wish. He takes the mushroom and retrieves his rubber oar, balancing the mushroom on it as best he could and got the oar near the fire. He'd keep it well away from the fire itself though, just by it. He'd also attempt to avoid the smoke if he could, trying to use the length of the oar to help prevent it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: June 22, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

Outside the kitchen of the Feisty Jelly...

Niklas, who at this point may very well be made of disappointment, walks back to the ship. He notices that nobody appears to be around on deck. Even the captain's gone off somewhere.

Everybody has abandoned him, dammit. Fortunately, that does not last for long, as the skeletal murder squad arrives soon enough.

In a dark alley of some sort...

Mark decides to help this man when it is obvious that he has lost enough blood to provide no real resistance.

[Mark medicine roll: 2]

However, he realizes that his medical skills and tools, though considerable, are not quite good enough to mend several major severed blood vessels and a ruined trachea, at least not before the man expires. Oh well. With the aid of Kevin, he drags the fellow back to the ship and considers how exactly is a man like a fishing rod.

Ooh, ooh, he has an idea. He could take the spine, reinforce it with some femurs, then take some sinew to get a string, possibly using slightly carved phalanges to make hooks. All in all, quite possible. But first, he must help Kevin.

[Mark "medicine" roll: 6+1]

He looks at Kevin's skeletal shape. Hm, this will not do. Too pedestrian. He does not do pedestrian work. Also, it'd be a bit too simple to just take Kevin's skull and stick it on the guy's skeleton. So he'll do something rather different. Something... special!

To do this, he swings his halberd diagonally, easily shattering Kevin's central skeletal structure and watching as the entire thing comes down like a jigsaw puzzle in a tornado, leaving only the spine mostly intact and the new arms in reasonably good shape. Okay, now for fun! He takes Kevin's skull, which appears to be in total shock, and puts it on a barrel overlooking the sea. This has the additional effect of preventing Kevin from seeing what Mark is doing. In the meantime, he feels like parts are being added to his skull.

Some time later, Kevin is rudely grabbed from his position and stuck on some sort of pillar. It appears to have a spine in its center, but is also covered in jagged spikes formed from the remains of Kevin's shattered skeleton. The pillar is two meters in length and has a pelvis at the bottom. From it come two rather sizable and also spiky legs. Along the pillar there are four arms, two about half a meter from the bottom of the skeletal column, two about half a meter from the top of it. In the middle of the pillar is something resembling a curious standard, with two sets of horizontal protrusions formed of collarbones and femurs about half a meter apart vertically located smack dab in the middle of the pillar. Between them is the face of the drunkard, stretched out beyond reason and with certain patches from other bits of the body added in places. It takes a moment before Kevin realizes he can actually move the thing, forming lots of exaggerated, darkly comic expressions. Finally, his skull appears to be somewhat reinforced. Not to mention he seems to have a jester's hat on his skull that seems to be made of the dead drunk and a whole bunch of human skin strips hanging vertically from his top pair of arms along their entire length.

In addition, he appears to have what seems like a fishing rod on his back as an integral part of his spine, with a fishing line formed from sinew, a prominent bone hook hanging from it. This is a bit troubling, as it seems to hint at certain intentions on Mark's part that Kevin may not entirely appreciate.

In a shipyard of some kind...

Scott, having succeeded for once, dumps the sludge on the floor and fills the jars with pitch. He then locates no cloth that isn't in the outfit of one of the workers. Guess they keep their cloth secure here.

At least his jar has a lid, Scott thinks. Also, it's not like pitch flows all that well. There's a reason they caulk ships with it.

At a lovely fire pit of hatred...

Sigmund, after distancing himself from the fire, provides an analysis of the things currently going on.

"It seems that the remains of that tree hate us even after being burnt. Fortunately, it doesn't do anything to us besides bothering you slightly. Not that it matters now, but we should take that into account. So, can you put this mushroom near the fire? That way, if we manage grow more of it, we can experiment with its deadly qualities."

After handing Morton the mushroom, he looks on as the butler performs more monstrous alchemy.

"Indeed, it appears the tree does have some... stranger properties, intense hatred none the least."

Morton balances the mushroom on the oar, which isn't really all that difficult, then gets ready to do an amazing experiment.

"Thank you, good Sir Sigmund, let us try the test now... although I had wished under more normal circumstances."

He then starts to move the oar closer to the fire. As the oar enters the smoke, Morton hears a bit of a soft crackle. He can't really see what is going on, but he can certainly feel that the oar seems to be... moving. Or, to be precise, something's moving on it. He can't see what, but it's certainly something. Morton also notices that the smoke is moving closer to him slowly, but surely.

At the gates of a hilltop fort...

Darren explains his purpose here to the guard.

"I'm just here to find something. A god-given mission and all that good stuff."

The watchman stares at him suspiciously.

"FIND WHAT? AND WHICH GOD?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:40 pm »

Morton edges further away from the fire, and tries to pull the oar out of the smoke. "U-uhm.... Good Sir Sigmund? I think it best we, e-er, get away from the fire. Something is in it." If said something tries to pull Morton in with his oar, he'll just let go of it as he edges away. "S-Shall we watch from a safe distance away? ...P-please?"

The burned butler obviously doesn't feel comfortable around the fire anymore.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: June 22, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »

Scott shall sneak out of the warehouse and gleefully run to the ship, hoping to show everyone is new found competence.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: June 22, 2013, 02:53:08 pm »

[I can only imagine Scott running while laughing loudly with a silly grin on his face, holding the pot above his head in triumph. It amuses me.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: June 22, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

((That is a nice image :3))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: June 22, 2013, 04:09:17 pm »

Grrrarble

Niklas makes his way through town, looking for some sort of weapons shop.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: June 22, 2013, 04:48:16 pm »

Sigmund looked at Morton's scared face:

-Don't worry, it must be the mushroom growing. When somehting grows as fast it can appear as if there is there something actually able to move by itself, but I don't think this is the case. The worst thing that can come out of that fire in this circumstnace is a hateful mushroom. Bear in mind that your little toy can be lost due to the mushroom covering it, so maybe you should try to use a stick or something to take it away from your, umm, what it is? An oar?

Sigmund moves even farther, because he is still a bastard

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: June 22, 2013, 06:22:22 pm »

"Well... How about I pull it out and we see for ourselves, no, good Sir Sigmund? See if it is indeed growing?" Morton answers his own question by doing just that, and taking a good step away from the fire.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: June 22, 2013, 08:10:45 pm »

Mark looking at his new creation nods his head at a job well done then heads heads out looking for more drunks.
(some spare body parts will help when we get the sea of death)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: June 22, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »

"Uhh, the Crown a'... The Crown of Flowers, I think. Velusius sent me here."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: June 23, 2013, 03:58:35 am »

At a fire pit at the Yaleson house...

Morton, not quite sure that what is happening is in his best interest, starts backing away from the fire.

"U-uhm.... Good Sir Sigmund? I think it best we, e-er, get away from the fire. Something is in it."

He starts to pull the oar away from the fire slowly.

"S-Shall we watch from a safe distance away? ...P-please?"

Sigmund is slightly less moved by the happenings, presumably because he is at a safer distance.

"Don't worry, it must be the mushroom growing. When something grows as fast it can appear as if there is there something actually able to move by itself, but I don't think this is the case. The worst thing that can come out of that fire in this circumstance is a hateful mushroom. Bear in mind that your little toy can be lost due to the mushroom covering it, so maybe you should try to use a stick or something to take it away from your, umm, what is it? An oar?"

He also, however, edges away from the fire as well.

"Well... how about I pull it out and we see for ourselves, no, good Sir Sigmund? See if it is indeed growing?"

Morton finally manages to pull the oar out completely. At the tip of it the mushroom still stands - in fact, it appears to have fixed itself to the thing. It also appears to have become slightly more reddish in shade. Not to mention grown larger and almost... absorbed the end of the oar in itself. Not to mention that its shape is now a bit different.

In a shipyard of some kind...

Not letting his latest failure get him down, Scott exits the shipyard and runs through the streets of Shriekpot with inspiring glee, holding his prizes far above his head as he laughs all the way. Eventually, after running a few victory laps through the port, he returns to the ship.

Hm. Quite a few are already here - the chef, the tree-head and... good gods, what the hell is that? Kevin?

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, rather peevish at this hour, heads off to look for a weapon shop of some kind. He walks into the town, prepared for a long walk.

One hour later, he has only found that no place apart from inns is open at this hour, and also that weapon shops seem altogether more scarce than he would think in a port town. He does find a couple of drunken sailors, though.

"Nice hat!" one of them yells to Niklas, then laughs together with the other one.

Mark, meanwhile, nods at Kevin approvingly and heads off to find more body parts. There's an awful deficit of them around here.

He does spot drunks, but they're all inside taverns as far as he can see. It's probable that anyone who was about to go home tonight already has, and the rest will probably be spending their night passed out on the tavern floor.

At the gate of a hilltop fort...

Darren, not seeing why he shouldn't reveal his sacred mission, goes on and does it.

"Uhh, the Crown a'... The Crown of Flowers, I think. Velusius sent me here."

"THE CROWN-A-FLOWERS? THE GOD OF DEATH? OH, CRIPES. COME IN! DO I NEED TO OPEN THE GATE?"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:00:30 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: June 23, 2013, 05:08:57 am »

I have flammamamamables!

Scott shall beam.

Now I just need a flint and steel...

He sees Kevin, and hugs him. He really looks like he needs one.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:28:07 am by Innsmothe »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: June 23, 2013, 06:30:29 am »

((ಠ_ಠ))
Kevin began to panic. He looked like... One of them. The freaks. He had seen them travel trough the villages. Tents filled with cages filled with monstrosities and failed experiments. He was always disgusted by them. He always provided quality entertainment... But now... How would anyone ever take his hilarity serious again? He grabbed Mark with his arms and tested his ability to speak with his other face...
"CHANGE ME BACK."

((Also, do I not get a description of my new abilities?))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:33:26 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 719