Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557517 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5490 on: June 20, 2013, 11:52:41 am »

No, I was trying to shave you and the knife slipped.

Niklas leaves, muttering, Gorram guards. Can't do anything without my cleaver. Those knives were really good, too!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: June 20, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »

[So we aren't going to still hate it into submission? Either way, Morton is surprisingly good with that weapon. Need to get that guy something better than his rubber oar.]

Morton gave a suspicious glance at the tree once more, still brandishing the pole arm menacingly towards the tree. "As you wish, good Sir Sigmund. Seems I didn't get out much at all if these were around the place and I had no idea. Probably explained why we didn't have much in the terms of visitors." The burned butler would then indeed help Sigmund with the carrying of the branches, although he still regards the tree with caution. It did almost kill his friend after all. "Are you quite alright, good Sir Sigmund? Are you harmed?"

If Sigmund isn't okay enough to walk by himself, instead of carrying the branches Morton would just shove as many as he could in his backpack and instead carry/help Sigmund away from this place, back to the manor.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:41:05 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: June 20, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

Sigmund also puts the mushroom at the side of the fire pit and tells to Morton:

-Maybe we should try to make a fire, so that at least we can tell if keeping this mushroom is worthwhile or not.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: June 20, 2013, 07:31:55 pm »

"Agreed, good Sir Sigmund." Morton will then put whatever sticks were gathered into the fireplace, grabbing some nearby dead grass (if possible) to act as kindling, lighting it with his magical lighter. The burned zombie butler will push dirt into the fire if it is higher than it should be (unless something weird happens with the fire in which case he just straight up gets away from it), and places the flat rock over the fire like last time for it to heat up again.

"There we go good Sir Sigmund. We can observe the effects of the mushroom from its place, or possibly from on the flat rock if needed."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: June 20, 2013, 07:41:48 pm »

Sigmund remembered the growing rate of the mushroom, so he told to Morton:

-I don't think that it would matter much. I would be better to try with less heat first, just so that we can know more about it and its strange growing conditions. Anyway, we should stay at a sensible distance from it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: June 20, 2013, 08:27:40 pm »

Morton pondered for a moment, before nodding in agreement. "Indeed good Sir Sigmund. What is the plan afterwards? Relocate it into the manor, try to hasten its growth with heat, attempt to harvest for some paste I'm assuming?" He takes another healthy step away from the fire and mushroom as he lists what he guesses the plan is. "I wonder how the others are doing. Hopefully alright... While I have the utmost confidence they're capable, they seem to find themselves into the strangest of situations sometimes."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:50 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark decides to be a bit subtler with this particular drunk than usual and take a stealthy approach. Kevin, meanwhile, takes the chance to sit on his bony, fractured pelvis and look at the ensuing events.

[Stealth: Mark vs. Big Guy: 2-1 vs. 2-1]

He walks up to the guy, who turns around uncomprehendingly at the last moment.

[Mark vs. Big Guy: 2+1 vs. 1-1-1]

However, this doesn't help his chances. His throat is messily slit as Mark steps forth and swings it wildly in the guy's general direction. Lucky shot, really.

In a shipyard of some sort...

Scott is also in the middle of a sneaky sneaking spree, and sneaks to the best of his ability while keeping an eye out for barrels of pitch.

[Scott stealth roll: 5]

He becomes one with the shadows as he skulks about the shipyard, utilizing the rather poorly-lit conditions of the area to his great advantage. Having conquered the foreboding darkness, he goes about the search. Fortunately, this being a shipyard, there's a whole bunch of barrels of pitch within easy reach. At last, victory!

In the kitchen of the Feisty Jelly...

Niklas gives a perfectly reasonable explanation for his actions.

"No, I was trying to shave you and the knife slipped."

"Oh. Oh! Heh, sorry. Well, I'll be leavin' then, I guess. Didn't really need a shave anyway, methinks. Why am I here?"

The honored chef and the drunkard promptly both leave the kitchen.

"Gorram guards. Can't do anything without my cleaver. Those knives were really good, too!" Niklas mutters with a good dose of dissatisfaction.

At the Tree of Hate...

Sigmund shakes off the leftover lumber from his esteemed person.

"This was definitely something one doesn't see every day. I want ask someone about plants and emotions. This really doesn't make sense."

He looks at the rather angry tree and shrugs.

"At least we have some wood now. Help me carry it to the house."

It is at about this point that Sigmund remembers that his pelvis is broken. This makes walking a bit difficult, as one might imagine.

"As you wish, good Sir Sigmund. Seems I didn't get out much at all if these were around the place and I had no idea. Probably explained why we didn't have much in the terms of visitors," comes an observation from Morton. "Are you quite alright, good Sir Sigmund? Are you harmed?"

Well, he clearly isn't quite alright, Morton finds. So he just picks up as many branches as he can, then drags Sigmund back to the fire pit. Sigmund asks for a branch, and Morton hands one over, whereupon the vampire inspects it. He concludes that it is obviously a branch and not a clever imitation of some kind. It presumably came from the Tree of Hate, and therefore it is bad somehow. After all, if it was good, it would send the wrong message.

"Maybe we should try to make a fire, so that at least we can tell if keeping this mushroom is worthwhile or not."

"Agreed, good Sir Sigmund."

Morton then places some of the gathered branches in the fire, noticing that they're rather dry, and so forgoes the gathering of any dead grass. He then lights the branches with his lighter.

This is when shit gets weird, to use the vernacular. The branches burst into raging flames, producing a massive amount of reddish-brown smoke that billows from the fire rapidly. Morton barely manages to step back before he is engulfed in the fog that forms on the fire. There's something unusual about it, he finds - the smoke seems to tend in his direction a bit. And he isn't standing upwind of the fire.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: June 21, 2013, 01:22:05 am »

Head back to the boat thing.
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: June 21, 2013, 01:44:50 am »

stop the bleeding then take the body back to the boat while pondering what parts of the human body could be used to make a fishing rod
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: June 21, 2013, 02:15:10 am »

((Yay!!! WOOOO!!!! I am rotting ninja! D:<))

Scott empties the jars on the floor and re fills them with the goo. Now he will search for some cloth, sailing cloth if necessary, to seal the jars.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:27:16 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: June 21, 2013, 03:22:53 am »

((now now you have not learned the way of the ninja yet if you kill on however we should be able to transfer the knowlage.))
((Also I just had an idea what if we stitched two undead together would they be able to touch each others mind or communicate mind to mind or even become one mind the possibility are endless. Any volunteers  :P))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: June 21, 2013, 03:38:12 am »

((Yay!!! WOOOO!!!! I am rotting ninja! D:<))
Spoiler: WAT U SAY PUNK (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: June 21, 2013, 04:52:00 am »

As well as he can with his still half-broken body, Kevin helps Mark drag the  body back to the boat and watches as Mark salvages bones for his personal use.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: June 21, 2013, 05:03:15 am »

In addition to my last action Mark fixes up Kevin when they get back on the boat
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: June 21, 2013, 09:33:19 am »

Sigmund crawled away from the fire, just in case, then he said to Morton:

-It seems that the remains of that tree hate us even after being burnt. Fortunately, it doesn't do anything to us besides bothering you slightly. Not that it matters now, but we should take that into account. So, can you put this mushroom near the fire? That way, if we manage grow more of it, we can experiment with its deadly qualities.

Sigmund hands the mushroom to Morton.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 719