Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557391 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5250 on: June 10, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »

(I'm in.)

Niklas tilted his head to show his curiosity.
What is this plan of yours?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: June 10, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »

((At least I'm not a six armed freak, just a very long two armed one))

Sigmund moved his arms and tried to bend them in a way they could pass as normal ones.

He then said to Erin:

-Thanks, I think.

And then, hearing Niklas talk about revenge, he told to the rest of the group:

-Don't you realize that we were almost killed by triying to take out armored guards with kitchen utensils? Are you suicides or what? Maybe undeath had removed the self-preservation instinct from you, but that's not my case. I lost my arms just because I tried to help you. I'm going to tell you one thing: the next time, I won't be there. I don't fight lost battles.

And then moved towards Mark:

-Don't EVER put a hand on me again.

((I love elaborated plans, so, tell us))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: June 10, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »

[You say only the Whipman can be beaten by words. So be it then, may they be beaten by words.]

Morton smiled. He's not usually one for devious plans but... He's not a fan of his friends (or close proximate, in some cases) being hurt either. "Now, what I'm thinking Chef Niklas, is that if I can get the good captain's help, I'll try to pose as a 'possession expert,' or well, rather, someone who works for one. Spin a good tale about how I've been tracking some possibly possessed items, and how they slowly tend to warp one's mind as they hold them." Morton said, implying the knives. "I can say I've been trying to track down a certain man who holds said items," with that he nods towards Niklas, "and say he was last seen in their establishment. I'd ask them if they'd seen you, and if so if you left any items behind perhaps, never specifically mention the knives but hint to them. Talk about how they drive the user more and more mad the longer they are in possession of them, until the spirit takes them over body and mind unless grievous harm is suffered, or the knives removed. With the good Captain's help, I'd appreciate it if he were to aid in the convincing, maybe with something subtle, or less subtle as he wishes." Morton explained in his typical optimistic tone.

After a moment's pause to regain his train of thought, he continued. "From there, I'd attempt to get the guards to hand over the knives, say something about me having a special container for them to prevent mischief on the spirit's part. You did say you wished them dead though, didn't you Chef Niklas? Well, I suppose I can brew some tea and use some of that nasty black paste I believe Sir Scott still has in his possession. A toast on a crisis averted, as it were. I'd drink mine first, after all the paste won't affect me I believe. I've already died." Morton explained with a shrug, smiling at the end of it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: June 10, 2013, 01:29:51 pm »

((I think Xanmyral means that I go there and do a circus peformance :P))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: June 10, 2013, 01:30:53 pm »

Niklas shrugs.
I can always come back later and burn the town to the ground later. Just get the knives back, if you can. The cleaver too. I'll have to look for Sven.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

[Kevin can be the possession expert, thinking on it, and having two people tell the same story helps out. That and Kevin's quite good at tomfoolery, and the Butler/Jester duo thing.]

Morton nodded. "I'll give it my best attempt Chef Niklas." With that, he turns to Erin. "Would the kitchen in the ship perhaps be finished, good mage Erin?"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:43:24 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: June 10, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »

Sigmund noticed a that there was still sanity in at least a member of the group. He forgot his rage, and went to Morton:

-I didn't know you were such a strategist, sir. I'm afraid that I misjudged you, I thought that you were a mere butler without ambition. I have to say that your plan sounds good, but there is a flaw I can detect: you need to be in these people's home to perform this, it seems. But maybe that can be solved saying that you need to make an exorcism or something simmilar and bring them here, where we will prepare an ambush, just in case.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: June 10, 2013, 01:41:51 pm »

Morton nodded, thinking on what he said. "Yes, I believe that would work very well Sir Sigmund. The good Captain could make a show of being drawn from the knives due to the exorcism, and the container can be to 'seal' him and them away... I'll leave the details of how to the Good Captain, I know he will impress as always. I wouldn't suggest you, nor Chef Niklas be around for such an event however, would be showing our hands in a card game with high stakes, as I believe they say." He reasoned, the amended plan sounding much better to his rotting ears. "I wasn't always a butler, Sir Sigmund, but being such does give one long periods of time to think." The burned butler merely explained.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: June 10, 2013, 01:48:50 pm »

Sigmund smiled and replied to Morton:

-I'm pleased to know that there is still somebody who uses his brain here. I will see how can I organize an ambush. Hmm, that ballista could be of help. And the jester could use the black paste you mentioned to make deadlier bolts. And, well, we have a team of mages also. I'll see if I can arm ourselves.

He then goes to Erin:

-Would you care to make a kind of weapon useful against armor for us? The incident in the tavern left us quite vulnerable. I don't know, a kind of spear, maybe?

((I like where this is going))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: June 10, 2013, 01:57:53 pm »

[You know, I never did specify what Carter did before his death, just that he was an exceedingly average man. Now I rather wonder.]

"If things go well, we may not need weapons. However, on that note, Sir Sigmund, do you know where I can perhaps locate Sir Scott? The paste would be much easier to hide in the tea if lanced during its inception, rather than before the fact. I do hope Sir Scott has forgiven me of my previous outbursts though, and my subsequent ignoring of him..." The butler spoke, almost regretfully at the end. "As for good performer Kevin, if he's willing, perhaps he could be the possession expert himself? I've learned that he is a man of many talents and faces, I'm sure such would be a marvelously easy task for one such as himself."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: June 10, 2013, 02:05:16 pm »

Sigmund, not really knowing were Scott was, replied to Morton:

-I think that he didn't leave the tavern. I can't really recall what was he doing. Back on the revenge plan, I think that you could be the expert, as Kevin doesn't have any particular means to communicate his thoughts. Or maybe Art would be willing to do so. He's a necromancer after all, he can probably use his technical knowledge to impress the guards and make them agree to come.

((The good thing about an empty past is that you can fill it with whatever you want))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: June 10, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »

((I guess he was a servant of the Yaleson family or something, considering our starting scenario.))

Hearing Sigmund's mention of his bow and bolts, Kevin points to his empty quiver. The transmuter vaporized them all.
When Sigmund mentions his lack of speech, he nods yet again, albeit less frantically. During his life he learned many, often quite hilarious skills, but for acting he would likely need the ability to speak. Intimidation would still work, tough.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:18:32 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: June 10, 2013, 02:15:43 pm »

((Putting everything in order will be a pain in the neck for Harry))

Sigmund noticed Keving pointing at his empty quiver:

-So, you are lacking bolts. Well, that can be solved later. It's the easiest of the problems we have now. We can buy them later.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: June 10, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »

After meeting up with everyone and talking to them about their plans, he says:
"...Why not just use the ballista to burn the entire Quarter to the ground? We can always search the rubble for valuables...such as knives."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:22:28 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:33 pm »

Sigmund had already got tired of Scott's short sighted mindset, he answered to his question in a scornful manner:

-Because your ideas left us without arms and you with a woman's jaw in your face.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 719