Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557114 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #525 on: November 09, 2012, 12:56:51 am »

((I think James needs to survive the Firestorm Citadel if he hopes to get out of there.

Yeah, he's probably doomed. :P))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 09, 2012, 01:28:48 am »

...Ugh...VILLAGERS

Samuel will prepare for battle! He'll launch a furious Cane-ing against the beast! Let's hope the villagers help!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:19 am »

Carry on ignoring. Resist the temptation!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 09, 2012, 07:16:05 am »

Continue to hide and think of ways to use my third arm/tail.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 09, 2012, 08:12:51 am »

In a bush in the woods...

Vincent stays hidden and tries to think of original ways of using his third arm!

[Intelligence roll: 4]

Maybe he could use it to kill things and steal stuff? Yeah, that sounds good! Maybe for parlor tricks as well. And cheating! Let's not forget cheating at everything! It could also help when climbing walls! It's so useful! It's almost like he has a third fully functional arm on his back!

Inside an infuriating mental construct...

James just keeps on ignoring the citadel. What fun.

[Will roll: 5]

James starts whistling a merry tune and tapping his foot against the nothing to pass the time!

[Citadel roll: 5]

The citadel doesn't seem to mind much, really. It just stands there.

Near an unspeakable creature of unknown origin...

Samuel remembers that he is an adventurer! Adventurers don't parley with demons! It just doesn't happen! He tries to beat the undoubtedly evil creature with his cane!

[Samuel vs. Creature: 4+1 vs. 2+4]

Samuel whacks he creature for a while, but it doesn't even seem to feel it!

[Creature reaction roll: 4]

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE? STOP TOUCHING ME, WILL YOU?"

[Creature magic roll: 3+3]

Samuel feels himself grabbed by many hands from behind and rudely thrown to the ground!

"ARE YOU DRUNK, SIR? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I'M NOT SURE I HAVE TIME FOR THIS."

[Villager initiative roll: 6]

The villagers, seeing the abomination in front of them, sit down and go through potential plans of attack!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:15:40 am by Harry Baldman »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2012, 08:23:38 am »

Make sure no knight-monk-nuns are around and go back to Bernie's sister and ask for repairs.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2012, 08:38:32 am »

In a bush in the woods...

Vincent looks around to see if the coast is clear!

[Perception roll: 3]

Eh, well, there's probably no one around. Probably. Vincent attempts to find the way back to Bernie's!

[Navigation roll: 3]

Vincent takes a road that looks familiar! After three hours of being totally lost, two hours of trying to remember where he came from and another three hours of walking he returns to Bernie's sister!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 6]

Vincent points to his pulverized stump with both of his remaining hands, sticking the absence of a limb right in her face!

"Alright, alright, I get it already! Lie down!"

Vincent does so!

[Repair roll: 5]

She picks out a good enough skeleton arm from her collection and secures it to Vincent's shoulder with screws, straps and an imitation joint!

"There we go! Good as new!"

Vincent gets up from the slab and moves his arm! It works perfectly!

"So, what about the task I gave you?"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 09, 2012, 09:22:47 am »

Carry on ignoring it. It's not real!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 09, 2012, 09:56:26 am »

Inside the mind of a truly disturbed individual...

James, dissatisfied at the continuous existence of the citadel, tries to ignore it even harder!

[Will roll: 1]

Oh, damn it all, he has nothing out here! Nothing! It's going to be an endless existence of perpetual boredom if he stays here! He'll go mad from the sheer dullness and eat his own fingers or something! Nobody wants that! James decides that sprinting to the entrance would be the best idea!

[Citadel roll: 5]

Nothing stops him, interestingly enough! He enters the flame-shrouded tower-like building and finds himself in a tastefully decorated salon! There is a beautiful carafe of fresh blood on a rather exquisite coffee table waiting for him inside! Also, there seem to be pamphlets right next to it! And the couch! That couch looks really comfortable!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

((I think that whenever a PC defects from what they are supposed to be doing, they get smited. This seems to be happening, anyway.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18:37 am »

((It's more the fact that them going off the rails means they either rolled poorly or overshot to begin with. Leon, for instance, went off the rails because he rolled a lot of 1s. He also died because his enemies rolled a lot of fives. Vincent went to the monastery because of a dire miscommunication. The rest of the smiting happens due to bad rolls. I guess the gods of luck just like Bernie and his sister.))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:22:24 am by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 09, 2012, 10:22:25 am »

It's a trap! It's not real! Ignore it!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 09, 2012, 10:44:36 am »

Inside what seems to be a nice salon...

James suddenly realizes what he's doing and stops! He can't be here! It's not real!

[Will roll: 6-1]

He punches himself in the face to stop himself from mentally salivating at the thought of fresh blood going in his vampire belly! It's probably a trap! The blood must be full of horrible insects that will bite him quite mercilessly! Of course! He isn't falling for that trick!

[Citadel roll: 2]

A man with a pig's head comes down from the stairs to the next floor! He approaches James!

"Hello, James."

"NO! YOU ARE NOT REAL!"

"Everything's real here, James. It is your mind, after all."

"NO! GO AWAY, FIGMENT!"

"Alright then. What about this fresh blood, then? Going to have some?"

"I'M NOT LISTENING! LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-GO-GET-YOURSELF-KILLED-ON-THE-OBVIOUS-TRAP-LA-LA-LA-LA!"

The pigman sits down on the couch, letting out a sigh of pure satisfaction. He takes the carafe and drinks all of it! Odd. He doesn't look very dead yet. Well, give it time, James supposes.

Ten minutes later, he's still not dead. He's just relaxing contentedly, wallowing in his joy! Damn it!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:21 am »

Continue to ignore it! The pig's head guy is a giveaway!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 09, 2012, 11:05:01 am »

Inside a nice salon...

James is not about to stop ignoring things just because some pigheaded fellow is having so much fun with them! He must resist!

[Will roll: 4]

But it looks so wonderf- No! These thoughts must not be allowed to enter his brain! Bad brain! No pleasurable activity for you!

James closes his eyes to avoid temptation!

[Citadel roll: 3]

"So, James, are you here to stay? It's quite wonderful, I must say. You should go up a floor. There's plenty of blood there. The next floor's mine, in case you couldn't tell. I'm not the most trustworthy source, I suppose, being the creator, but it is my absolute favorite floor. You'd like it there."

[Will roll: 1]

"Oh, just shut up already! I'll go to your blasted floor if you just stop talking to me already!"

"But don't you want to sit down first? You've gone quite a ways..."

"NO! I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU! I'M GOING TO THE SECOND FLOOR AND THAT'S FINAL!"

"But-"

"NO! SHUT UP!"

James storms up to the second floor as the pigman just sighs!

Wow, this place is messed up. There's pig-themed frescoes everywhere. Even the ceiling is painted with pigs! And there's pigman statues everywhere that look exactly like the pigman on the bottom floor! Each pigman statue appears to be surrounded by all manner of young people! They look lightheaded and distracted!

[Will roll: 4]

No! Must not give in to temptation! James writhes on the ground in barely-contained resistance to the undeniably blood-filled people!

"Such a nice place, isn't it?"

Holy crap! The pigman is right behind him!

"HOW DID YOU GET HERE, YOU HORRIBLE THING?"

"I take offense at that remark. I just woke up from an absolutely wonderful nap downstairs and came up for a bit of a snack. Do you mind?"
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 719