Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557355 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5205 on: June 09, 2013, 08:26:06 am »

((And not fighting in the conventional way. I mean, who chops at the legs with a one handed axe?. Anyway, I lost an arm for a difference of 3 in rolls. Isn't it too much?))

That's the best thing about precise targeting - it lessens the differences needed for optimum damage.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:01 am »

((Then I will start targeting hands. Well, it will sever something if I can even score a hit. Most of our rolls have been 1 vs 6. So, how many sacrifices do the Random Number Gods require each day?))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: June 09, 2013, 08:38:04 am »

((Sigmund chops the Human Spearman in the right hand with his bronze war axe and the severed part sails off in an arc!))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: June 09, 2013, 08:40:00 am »

((OH YES. I would translate all of the turns to DF combat reports just for the lulz))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

(I'm not sure if the Number gods are happy or displeased with me they haven't dragged me out of this time stream to fix something recently so I don't know.)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: June 09, 2013, 09:57:48 am »

((After this turn I think Sigmund will quit fighting. There is no sense in this massacre, even if we win. I will need a ĦĦDoctor!! to fix my arm, though.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: June 09, 2013, 10:19:55 am »

:P
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: June 09, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

Niklas, seeing the value in aliveness...

Ah, thank you, my friend! By breaking my arms, you freed the pirate ghost that was possessing me. Sorry about assaulting whatever you were guarding, but those dastardly mages on that Black Council ship put a pirate ghost in my body after a conman tricked my friends and I onto their boat! Now, if you could give me back my cleaver and knives, I'll be on my way, possession free!

Diplomacy! Desperate bluffing skills!
Also, retrieve knives and search for Sven.
Retrieve cleaver from guard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: June 09, 2013, 02:29:45 pm »

((And how is Sigmund supposed to react then? How on earth should he react, huh? Maybe you could come and kick him saying that you are exorcicing him. I just can think of anything else))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:37 pm »

((Right now I'm trying to just stay alive. Feel free to try the same defense as me, though.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: June 09, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

((I'm going to cancel my last action, and do this instead))

Sigmund had lost an arm thanks to those incompetents. It was too much, there is no sense in fighting a lost battle. He put a reasonable distance between him and the guard who chopped his arm, and said:

-I quit! You win! It's enough. I mean no further harm to any of you. I know when to say that I have lost. One arm is more than enough for me. May I grab my arm, sir?

Sigmund will slowly grab his arm and look for Mark to help him sew it back.

[If Mark doesn't help or he is busy, Sigmund will go to where his companions are fighting and say:]

-Don't you know when you have lost? I don't know why you were fighting in the first place. Did these men have done something to you? We were just looking for somebody who swindled us so that we could get our money back. That was all. Why on earth did you attack this place? Don't you have at least a little bit of brain in your rotten heads? It's the last time I try to help you. Fighting is not my style, and I won't risk myself to accomplish something as unimportant as some pieces of gold.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: June 09, 2013, 03:37:00 pm »

At the Ulubelle...

Scott, faced with the dire prospect of losing his jaw, tries to pray for victory and/or salvation!

As he prays, though, he feels that nobody up above really gives a rat's ass about what happens to him. Possibly because of his previous chats with the divines.

[Maiming: Shield Guard vs. Scott: 5+2 vs. 3-1]

Meanwhile, the guard with the shield removes Scott's jaw with the cleaver while whistling cheerfully, then takes it off and mounts it on a hook that he hangs on his belt. The guard then walks off as Scott gets up, noticing rather sadly that he has no weapons to stab people with. And only one arm with any use left in it. And no jaw to flap to shout warnings to people mutilating his buddies.

Mark, not really paying attention to what's happening in here, runs out to look for Rat-Bastard Gilroy.

However, outside the service entrance things don't look too good. Most of the people around have split already, possibly worried for their health, safety and anonymity. Only people left around are a bunch of somewhat worried-looking women.

Back inside, Niklas tries to bluff his way out of this perilous situation, realizing that it's better to take the coward's way out than to deprive the world of his supreme culinary mastery.

"Ah, thank you, my friend! By breaking my arms, you freed the pirate ghost that was possessing me. Sorry about assaulting whatever you were guarding, but those dastardly mages on that Black Council ship put a pirate ghost in my body after a conman tricked my friends and I onto their boat! Now, if you could give me back my cleaver and knives, I'll be on my way, possession free!"

The shield guard looks at him skeptically.

"Yeah, sure."

He takes Niklas' suitcase of knives and looks through it, taking out all the sharp, deadly blades and securing them on himself, then throwing the case onto Niklas' chest.

"Hey, he's got a whole collection of knives, guys! Look at me, I'm like some kind of master chef now!"

The other fellows note this interesting detail with some amusement. The shield guard turns back to Niklas.

"Yeah, not giving these back. You'll only hurt yourself some more. Besides, you've got no working arms."

Niklas, silently fuming, slowly gets up and looks around for Sven. Little fella's completely out of sight, though. Wonder where could he have gone.

Sigmund meanwhile, tries to back out of mortal combat with the guard.

"I quit! You win! It's enough. I mean no further harm to any of you. I know when to say that I have lost. One arm is more than enough for me. May I grab my arm, sir?"

"Actually, no."

[Guard 1 vs. Sigmund: 6+1 vs. 1-1]

The guard then chops off Sigmund's other arm nonchalantly and retrieves his other tomahawk.

"Gotta set an example, you know. Nothing personal. Not to mention that those are some nice throwing axes. Anyway, feel free to go now."

The drunkards, seeing the unfair treatment of their newly-made friends, begin their charge at the guards, possessed with a new purpose!

[Drunkard Mob vs. Guards: 1 vs. 5+1]
[Guards vs. Drunkard Mob: 4+1 vs. 2]

However, after the guards bash in a few kneecaps and after the one with the shield decapitates a particularly rowdy one with Niklas' cleaver, they start quickly backing off and dispersing. It is at that point that the shield guard notices the disemboweled corpse of the Madam of the house.

"Gods damn it all, why'd you have to do that, you assholes? Now we're not even getting paid!"

He stands, silently contemplating his wage.

"Oh well. At least got some neat weapons from these guys."

A thought then seems to overtake the man. He takes a look out of the room.

"Sweet! The other four guys are dead! Let's loot 'em! And the Madam as well."

The five guards walk out of the room, one of them grabbing the black paste-knife from the shriveled corpse of one particular drunkard. There is a bit of rustling as they efficiently search the bodies, then walk out of the building newly enriched.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:40:45 pm by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: June 09, 2013, 03:40:23 pm »

((The front page still stated I had access to the knife.:/))
Scott will try to make his arms work again and help the others onto his feet.
If they are already up, Scott will try and persuade Mark to attach a replica Jaw. Against his better judgement.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:50:46 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: June 09, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

*grumbleumblefdshds*

Niklas trudges back off to the ship and finds the Artiste and the mages.

I need you to kill some people for me in the most painful way possible. Do this and I'll make some more human stew for you.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: June 09, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »

((The front page still stated I had access to the knife.:/))

Sadly, I am quite terrible at remembering to update it after every turn. Besides, you kind of got disarmed previously (then you went for a bite, I remember) and the guard took the knife, throwing it into a particular drunkard, then picking it back up as he left the premises. It's updated now, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 719