Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557339 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5175 on: June 07, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »

((Thank you, Harry))

Sigmund was surprised to finally find the trade quarter, but, anyway, that shouldn't be something the man should know. He replied to that man:

-Thank you, sir. By any chance, do you know where the place called the Ulubelle may be?

Either if he tells Sigmund the right directions or not, he will go find that place.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: June 07, 2013, 07:43:54 pm »

[Oh boy, we get to choose! I... Hm. Suggestions guys? I'm drawing a blank right now, tired.]

Morton ho and hummed about possible changes or additions to the ship. He could think of a few additions that would be welcomed. "Perhaps a kitchen, or a comfy den of some kind? A good place to make tea, or for Chef Niklas to practice his craft." It's what he knows, after all.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:31 pm »

((It needs a ballistae, harpoons or weapons, seriously))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: June 07, 2013, 08:43:58 pm »

[Ah, right.]

After a moment of silence, Morton spoke up again, having thought of another idea. "Perhaps something to ward off great beasts? We are to be heading into the Sea of Death..." It only makes sense after all. He wonders why he didn't think of that in the first place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:38 pm »

(Magical flamethrower.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: June 07, 2013, 11:38:52 pm »

(Magical flamethrower.)
(Want)
Mark sticks with the group and helps with the next fight
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: June 08, 2013, 02:05:25 am »

At the Ulubelle...

"YARR! AVAST, ME HEARTIES, AND ONWARD TO FINDING THE BASTARD WHO TOOK ME ASSOCIATE'S MONEY!" comes a yell from Niklas. This is not unusual, as the smell of blood is in the air. He leads the charge at the door, enlisting the aid of Scott after he's put the screaming and dying fellow out of his misery to help out with things.

[Scott coordination roll: 3]

"Hey, you guys smash the door. I'll watch. Er, supervise."

The drunks gather round and start to ram the door to the best of their ability, which isn't very good.

[Ramming roll: 5]

However, the door was hardly built to withstand a siege and, in fact, opens inwards, so it isn't very difficult to break in.

Ah, there looks to be a whole lot of various people inside the rather opulent main room. They look slightly horrified. There are also five guards, armed similarly to the ones in the foyer. Well, one has a shield. They quickly regroup and prepare for battle.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton proposes an idea for the future development of the ship.

"Perhaps a kitchen, or a comfy den of some kind? A good place to make tea, or for Chef Niklas to practice his craft."

"Kitchen, got it."

A moment passes before another idea occurs to the butler.

"Perhaps something to ward off great beasts? We are to be heading into the Sea of Death..."

"Yeah, naturally."

"And make sure there's enough beds for the living members of the group. The undead don't sleep, after all."

"Alright. Your orders are noted, good sirs!"

"Make the deck soft as well like the one on the BCM ship. I loved that, let me tell you."

"Okay, soft deck. Cap'n?"

"Make SOME SHIELDING for the CARGO HOLD! Hahahah!"

"Huh?"

"SECURE THE DANG CARGO HOLD. Make it AIRTIGHT. I get the FEELING this may get DANGEROUS."

"Ah, okay. Let's go!"

"It seems like interior redecoration is all we do lately."

Erin and Evelyn then disappear into the deeper recesses into the ship. There is the sound of something moving and changing from within shortly.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund is a bit surprised about this information.

"Thank you, sir. By any chance, do you know where the place called the Ulubelle may be?"

"Go past me straight on for a bit, hang a left at the first intersection, then straight on until you reach a building with a statue of a naked fellow out front. That's the Ulubelle. It has a sign. Have fun."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: June 08, 2013, 02:10:27 am »

Yaharrr! Do you really think that ye wee men can -

Niklas interrupts his sentence by throwing a RDS (Ridiculously Sharp Knife) at one of the guards, then leading the charge at the rest, ready to disember them.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: June 08, 2013, 02:10:49 am »

"Into the breach once more, friends!"
CHARGE!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: June 08, 2013, 08:48:03 am »

Sigmund wil thank the man and follow the directions he gave him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: June 08, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »

At the Ulubelle...

Niklas, observing the obstacles before him, starts to speak.

"Yaharrr! Do you really think that ye wee men can-"

[Niklas vs. Guard: 1 vs. 1+2]

He throws a knife at the guard before finishing his sentence, watching as it plinks against one of the guards who doesn't even bother to dodge, then falls to the ground.

"Into the breach once more, friends!" comes a cry from Scott, who charges right at the guards! He runs at the fellows along with Niklas, ready to strike them where it hurts the most!

[Scott vs. Guard 4: 5 vs. 6+2]
[Disarm: Guard 4 vs. Scott: 6 vs. 1]

However, his stabbing attempts are stymied readily by a guard, who catches him by the arm, lifts him up from his feet, then slams him into the ground and starts to smash his arm with his club until it is rendered largely useless, snatching the knife right out of his hand when the zombie's fingers lose their integrity.

[Niklas vs. Shield Guard: 4+1-1 vs. 5+2+1]

His attempts to dismember the guard, however, are also rather fruitless, as the guy deflects his attack with a well-utilized shield, then moves to counterattack as the chef reels back.

[Disarm: Shield Guard vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 1]

Repeating the success of the other guard, this one leaps at Niklas, utilizing his shield to bash the chef forward, utilizing his foot to trip him up, stomping commandingly on his solar plexus, then beating Niklas' arm with a club until its lack of structural integrity forces him to let go of the cleaver, the guard snatching it right up immediately. As Niklas thrashes about on the ground, he accidentally lets go of Sven!

[Sven loyalty roll: 3]

Sven, stricken with momentary disbelief, just sort of meanders about the scene of the battle. Could he truly be able to escape his torment, or is cruel fate merely toying with his poor soul, holding salvation at paw's reach only to snatch it away like the jilted mistress she is?

[Drunkard Mob vs. Guards: 1 vs. 6+1]

The drunkards, seeing their buddies in trouble, run to their rescue! However, the guards are ready for this as well, showing what appears to be extremely unusual competence! After they beat the first one into a bloody mess, the other nine take a collective step back.

[Knife Throw: Guard 4 vs. Drunkard 2: 6+2-1 vs. 4]

The guard who earlier disarmed Scott aims a throw at the nearest drunkard, striking him cleanly in the thigh and causing a lot of blood to leave the fellow's body!

[Drunkard 2 endurance roll: 1]

Said drunkard then starts to scream bloody murder as what little is visible of his leg seems to wilt away rapidly together with parts of his abdomen, the rest soon following suit! The other drunkards start to take their second and third steps back.

[Guards vs. Drunkard Mob: 3+1 vs. 5]

The guards don't seem quite ready to charge at the drunkards. Possibly because they look frightened as all hell, possibly because charging blindly into a mass of people isn't the soundest decision.

[Mark helpfulness roll: 1]

Meanwhile, Mark is at a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, this bunch of hirelings just trounced his compatriots rather decisively and it would be the honorable thing to help. On the other hand, the guards aren't perceiving him as a threat yet, possibly due to the uncanny resemblance between him and an avant-garde piece of sculpture, there are five of them and one of him, they have clubs that look to be made of steel, which may be able to mangle his bones, not to mention that they look pretty keen on stealing weapons. And he likes his halberd.

In the Trade Quarter of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, having received directions, thanks the helpful man and seeks out the Ulubelle. It is likely that the others are already there, after all. However, he must brace himself for the crossroads at hand. Gotta be ready.

Gritting his teeth and remembering that his companions probably need him, not being the sharpest tools in the shed, exactly, walks the road, keeping the directions in mind. And he is rather successful! He soon finds himself at the aforementioned statue of a naked gent and a sign pointing out that this is, indeed, the Ulubelle. He goes right in.

He comes to the sight of a disemboweled woman on the floor and four dead guards spread around the ground. Deeper inside the room there appears to be a gathering of people or something.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: June 08, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »

((Well crap. We're actually taking on compentent people.))

Stab guard in the crotch with another knife, then stab him to death while bellowing a warcry to boost morale.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: June 08, 2013, 04:30:29 pm »

[Oh shi--Best of luck guys.]

"So, good captain, you know where Horizon Isle lies? I admit I only know what I was told by my compatriots, that it lays somewhere in the sea of death." Morton comments idly, looking for small talk as he watches the ship.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: June 08, 2013, 04:33:24 pm »

Scott shall discretely creep behind the idiot that 'disarmed' him in the chaos and rip out his throat. >:c
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: June 08, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

((Damn, we are going to die))

Sigmund saw the massacre inside, and attempted to leave the damned place. But by this time he had became used to their comrades. He cursed the name of those incompetents, grabbed a club from one of the dead guards (because it could be useful in case he didn't need to cut things open) and went inside again. But he didn't charge, he just rounded the battle and throwed one of his tomahawks to one of the guards, and then attempted to hit his club wielding arm with the other tomahawk.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 719