Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557326 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5130 on: June 05, 2013, 10:45:32 am »

((I am rooting for you spinal, despite being the bumbling artitect of your demise >.>))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:44 pm »

ALL YE WHI RAISED THEIR HANDS, GRAB YER TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS! A SCAMMER SCAMMED ME FRIENDS HERE AND INADVERTENTLY EARNED THEM THE IRE OF THE BLACK CIRCLE! WE'RE GOING TO GO GET THAT STINKING BASTARD! WHO'S WITH ME?!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:36 pm »

In the Feisty Jelly...

Scott pours the tankard of the vague, vile brew referred to only as the Special down his limp esophagus and gets up, fetching Mark on the way.

"Onwards! To slaughter!"

This simultaneously makes Mark rather receptive and restless while Sigmund remains relatively unimpressed. Or so it seems.

"Don't exaggerate, we want our money back, just that."

He addresses the barkeep once more.

"We are looking specifically for someone who disguises himself as a captain to trick people. He is a red-haired short fellow, does it sound familiar to you?"

"Hey! That sounds like Rat-Bastard Gilroy! He's come 'round here once or twice, but he's mostly stinkin' up the Ulubelle these days. That's down at the trade quarter. I hear business is boomin' there. Maybe I should open up a joint like that as well. Got the money, anyway."

As Sigmund listens, his two buddies run off to the trade quarter. In the early evening bustle as more and more people come out to take advantage of the trade quarter's vast entertainment and shopping opportunities, even a bunch as weird as they becomes one with the crowd. Everybody's simply too busy to pay attention to them.

Back in the Feisty Jelly, though, an entirely different form of attention grabbing happens.

"ALL YE WHO RAISED THEIR HANDS, GRAB YER TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS! A SCAMMER SCAMMED ME FRIENDS HERE AND INADVERTENTLY EARNED THEM THE IRE OF THE BLACK CIRCLE! WE'RE GOING TO GO GET THAT STINKING BASTARD! WHO'S WITH ME?!"

The people who raised their hands nod affirmatively, getting up and loudly expressing their hatred of these lousy bastards taking all their money and giving nothing in return. Of course, some of them are talking about bankers, but Niklas figures that's close enough not to matter much.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin tries to get across the message that he needs story time and he needs it right now.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 2]

However, he's having trouble with the concept of a story. Namely, how to show it in an easily comprehensible way. Damn these intangible ideas that prove so difficult to convey when you start to think about it!

In the streets of Emlocke...

Darren, figuring that there's probably nothing to lose and everything to gain, heeds the dog's advice and tries prayer after clearing his throat.

"Velusius, god of... Death. Please, I call upon you. Bring me through this time of trial and give me a chance to prove your power."

Momentarily, he feels like time itself has stopped. All is still for a single moment, then it is slightly less still. As in, the ground starts to writhe beneath his feet invisibly, and he feels inexplicably drawn into it, pulled into its grasp. As he disappears into the ground, everything goes dark, and Darren experiences a very pronounced sensation of being crushed and the profound breathing instinct that had left him so long ago suddenly returns. He starts to claw randomly all around him, then remembers that he can float, and immediately tries to do so.

However, he feels totally immobilized. He feels almost... fleshlike.

~Hello, friend. I see you have a bit of trouble with your soul there. A sort of stone tied to you in this great river we call life, you might say. Well, I can help you with that, no problem. Here, let me do that right now, buddy!~

Suddenly Darren feels like a stone has been lifted from his heart. A ten-ton stone covered in poisoned spikes. He takes a long breath, feeling incredibly refreshed for a moment before the claws of the death god tighten around him once more.

~Now, you said you wanted to give you a chance to prove my power, yes? Don't bother saying so, I know you did. Now, you should know that this is not the way of the gods. Our power is absolute and it needs no proof! Your power, on the other hand, still needs to be actualized. As it is, you're a bit of a waste of space. A sort of epitome of blandness. This is a bit of a problem. I hate people like that.~

~But fret not! You can change! I'm quite sure of it, actually. That's why I, great fellow that I am, will give you a quest. A holy quest, if you will. I require you to locate and unearth the fabled Crown of Flowers, a sacred artifact that will undoubtedly make you the greatest knight of the realm and whatnot. All that good stuff. Do you accept this quest, brave sir Darren?~

As the god whispers the last three words in his mind, it breaks into uncontrollable, chilling laughter.

~Nah, only kidding. You don't get a choice on this. After all, the alternative is almost certain death, and we can't quite have that yet. I'll even send you on your way! Have fun!~

Suddenly, Darren is completely released from any sort of grasp, though something new appears in its place - once again, something Darren hasn't felt in a while.

Gravity. Though it only becomes apparent a short minute later, as something gives him a powerful push right down beforehand.

Darren plummets downward, achieving greater and greater speed. Everything gets incredibly hot very soon, and then transitions into white-hot heat unlike anything Darren has seen or felt before. He attempts to get out of the area as quickly as possible, but he realizes that his floating abilities don't seem to work at the present time. Velusius appears to be big on helplessness. So he just shuts his eyes as hard as he can, though that doesn't help much.

However, he is glad to find that it soon gets less maddeningly hot and bright. In fact, it gets cooler and darker soon. Why, eventually (about two thirds of an hour later, if he hasn't missed his mark) it's gotten downright decent. Though right as he begins to relax, he plops out of the ground, stopping mid-air! He is about to helplessly brace for impact, but then realizes that he appears to be floating again.

Huh. Well, that's done with. Now, where is he?

Looking around, Darren finds that he is in the middle of a rather cold and barren landscape. A vast plain stretches all around him, and Darren is quite glad he's the unfeeling sack of ectoplasm he is, because on a 1 to 11 scale of cold and wet misery, he'd say this ranks at about a 7. Casting a careful eye about, he sees... nothing of importance, really. Just the plain, really. Hopeless, gray plains as far as the eye can see.

Well, he could be dead, he guesses. That might be marginally worse.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »

((Spinal, you are really lucky))
Sigmund replied to the barkeeper before leaving:

-I guess that I should visit him sometime to see if we can get our money back. You can keep that drink, I'd better be sober for this.

Sigmund then went to Niklas and told him:

-The guy we're looking for is called Gilroy. He should be in some place called the Ulubelle, in the trade quarter. See you there.

Sigmund then goes to the trade quarter to look for Scott and Mark.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: June 05, 2013, 01:56:42 pm »

Don't think, keep trying.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: June 05, 2013, 02:09:14 pm »

THIS MAN BE IN THE TRADE SECTOR! WITH ME, LADS!

ARR, TO THE TRADE CENTER!
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: June 05, 2013, 02:29:28 pm »

Scott will try and find a barrel of pitch or naphtha (it is a dockyard). He will put some in a clay jar, insert a scrap of clothing and travel to the first seedy hotspot in the trade district, following up by throwing it lit into the place.

Failing (any part, save the latter) this, he will just walk in and demand to know where the scummy bastard that was hanging around the black circle ship is.

((Scotts reasoning for the former is thus, he is of some reputation and wealth so the money doesn't exactly matter. What matters is that someone tricked and stole from him, the person and all their followers must now die very painful and very public deaths. This, in his mind, will serve as  a warning to the low born filth about scamming and injuring the pride of upper or upper middle class persons.))

((And YAY! I didn't kill spinal! ^-^ *Gives spinal pie.*))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:21:58 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: June 05, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »

"So, good captain, do you have another story to share to pass the time? Perhaps of past deeds or present events? I admit I didn't get out much after my second chance so I can't claim to profess a knowledge of what is recent now a days." Morton asked as he choose to get as comfortable as he could.

[Good on yah for surviving Spinal!]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:01:12 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: June 05, 2013, 05:52:51 pm »

Sigmund, on his way to find Scott, will see if he finds an empty bottle (as he is in a tavern) and acrry it with him. In case he finds one with some liquid inside he will spill it away from himself and carry it anyways.

((No, I don't want a molotov cocktail, it's for darker purposes))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: June 05, 2013, 07:17:44 pm »

Mark follows and assists Scott in his scavenger hunt.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:11 am »

In the Feisty Jelly...

Sigmund notes the barkeep's words.

"I guess that I should visit him sometime to see if we can get our money back. You can keep that drink, I'd better be sober for this."

"Damn! Now I'll have to dump it! You know how much it'll stink in the back alley? Man!"

Sigmund, however, is beyond such concerns. He walks to Niklas and speaks to him.

"The guy we're looking for is called Gilroy. He should be in some place called the Ulubelle, in the trade quarter. See you there."

Niklas, thus inspired, begins a crusade.

"THIS MAN BE IN THE TRADE SECTOR! WITH ME, LADS!"

The band of drunks is handily rallied, the raucous procession leaving the premises and then running off to the trade quarter, where they then consider their next move.

Sigmund, meanwhile, tries to find an bottle of some kind.

There's no bottle, sadly, as they are all kept safely behind the barkeep in a steel cabinet to prevent any unfortunate misunderstandings and dire happenings when things get out of hand. There is an abandoned, yet empty metal tankard, though. Sigmund fetches it, as nobody seems to particularly need it. It smells a bit like the Special, actually. The guy it's sitting next to looks to have passed out. For good.

With that done, he heads down to the trade quarter. Or, rather, he would if not for a particularly fiendish set of crossroads in the way.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin keeps trying to express his need for stories. He also tries not to think.

After spacing out for half a minute, he supposes that maybe a lack of thinking isn't the problem here. Fortunately, Morton's here to bail him out.

"So, good captain, do you have another story to share to pass the time? Perhaps of past deeds or present events? I admit I didn't get out much after my second chance so I can't claim to profess a knowledge of what is recent now a days."

"RECENT EVENTS? No. I don't KNOW much about RECENT EVENTS. I GET OUT EVEN LESS THAN YOU, PRESUMABLY! But I DO HAVE A TALE. It's an OLDIE - the MIGRATION of the GUB-GUB. Boy, was THAT A STRANGE TIME. And then there's the TIME MY NAVIGATOR WAS LOST IN MOTHDALE. OH, and THEN there's THE MAGE IN THE BOX. Which ONE do you want to HEAR?"

In the Trade Quarter (also known as the Trade District) of Shriekpot...

Scott looks for unattended barrels of unsafe, highly flammable liquid in the opulent part of town!

Unsurprisingly, there aren't any. That is to say, there are indeed barrels of flammable liquid, but they are very attended indeed. Plan B, then!

He walks into an establishment called the Flaming Crab, a fairly nice inn from the looks of it, though doubtlessly possessing a highly seedy name, and makes his demands known.

"I demand to know where the scummy bastard that was hanging around the Black Circle ship is hiding!"

"Oh, Herbert? He's over at the Ulubelle, I believe. Place is a hotspot for his ilk."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: June 06, 2013, 01:41:23 am »

NIKLAS, FULL OF REIGHTOUS PIRATE/IRATE PEASANT FURY, LEADS HIS MOB OF DRUNKARDS TO THE ULUBELLE!
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: June 06, 2013, 02:34:18 am »

"...Oh...My thanks then, and my apologies for interrupting your morning/afternoon/evening"

Scott shall head off to the Ulubelle then, Marcus in tow.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: June 06, 2013, 04:47:39 am »

"...Oh...My thanks then, and my apologies for interrupting your morning/afternoon/evening"

Scott shall head off to the Ulubelle then, Marcus in tow.
As Scott turns around he sees Mark already leaving for the Ulubelle
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: June 06, 2013, 06:22:15 am »

Scott will force himself to walk faster than Marcus.
"It's my revenge gods damn you!"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:20:32 am by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 719