Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557230 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5115 on: June 04, 2013, 01:48:15 pm »

Kevin decides that he shouldn't put too much effort into a person he barely knew anyway, and thus just uncerimonously drops him overboard.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:33:49 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »

((Also Harry, I think you accidentally misused my speech type for the barman.))

Well, whoopsie-daisy. What can you do. Fixed it now. Thanks for paying attention!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: June 04, 2013, 02:17:36 pm »

((Hmm is misunderstanding.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:33:59 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: June 04, 2013, 02:20:51 pm »

Niklas stands up on a nearby table and bellowed in a commanding tone, ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, RAISE YOUR HANDS!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: June 04, 2013, 02:24:31 pm »

Sigmund sighed and told to Scott:

-It's not like he has eye sockets anymore. Don't waste your breath on him.

He then turned to the barkeep:

-Don't worry, he's mostly inoffensive. It's the result of the practice of an unexperienced transmutator, I think. Well, will you give us two of those Specials?

((Both miauw62 and Innsmothe, what te heck are you doing? I thought miauw62 was Kevin, and that he was supposed to throw Bernie's corpse to the sea, not Scott's.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: June 04, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »

((I'm Kevin and I'm throwing Bernie into the sea. I see no problem.))
((WHERE DID THAT TYPO COME FROM AGLAGLALGALGA))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: June 04, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

Head down to the group.
"OH PLEASE HELP ME WHAT IS GOING ON."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: June 04, 2013, 06:53:38 pm »

Mark keeps playing with his scalpel ignoring his companion
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 04, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

Morton will help Kevin if he needs it.

"Oh dear, I wonder what happened to the poor king to cause such a response. Must of been truly dreadful." The burned undead butler replied, not actually wanting to know what happened. "So good captain, what do you think of our destination, Horizon Isle? I admit I don't know much about it except that people disappear there, so I'm told."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: June 05, 2013, 04:55:20 am »

In the Feisty Jelly...

Scott looks at the idle Mark and promptly scolds him.

"MARK! Put that away before I jam it in your eye-socket!"

Mark, however, pays no mind to him. Oh well, he tried.

"It's not like he has eye sockets anymore. Don't waste your breath on him." Sigmund tells Scott, then trying to attract the attention of the barkeep again.

"Don't worry, he's mostly inoffensive. It's the result of the practice of an inexperienced transmutator, I think. Well, will you give us two of those Specials?"

"Now, as you were saying...?"

"Hm. Well, okay. I think the con artists mostly hang around the trade quarter - richer pickings there. Also, the Specials, eh?"

The barkeep takes two copper coins and produces two tankards filled with an extremely dark substance that smells rather awful.

Meanwhile, Niklas steps up on a table and shouts, an activity which ranks in his top three of things to do in a bar.

"ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, RAISE YOUR HANDS!"

About ten people raise their hands. Receptive audience! How naive of them.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin supposes there's no point in wasting perfectly good sails to wrap up some guy he doesn't even know, naval tradition and honor be damned, so he, with Morton's generous aid, handily lifts the corpse of Bernie up and chucks it overboard, watching it float up to the surface slowly.

"Oh dear, I wonder what happened to the poor king to cause such a response. Must've been truly dreadful," Morton notes, making sure that it doesn't sound for one second like he actually wants to get the gruesome details. "So, good captain, what do you think of our destination, Horizon Isle? I admit I don't know much about it except that people disappear there, so I'm told."

"They found THAT PLACE a bit AFTER MY TIME, I'M AFRAID. Not to mention that I STAYED WELL AWAY from the SEA OF DEATH when I could HELP IT! Why, THE ONE TIME I didn't MY ENTIRE CREW and MYSELF ALL PERISHED! I don't know the EXACT LEGENDS, but I DO KNOW THAT IT'S APPARENTLY NOT A GOOD PLACE for common mortals. WHY, I cannot say! I ALSO KNOW that it's probably BEST REACHED from THIS DIRECTION, as it IS PART OF AN ARCHIPELAGO OF SEVEN ISLES. Happens to be AT THE END OF IT, actually! Well, FROM THIS DIRECTION, anyway. FROM THE OTHER THERE IS ONLY OCEAN!"

In the air above Emlocke...

Darren understands that this is no time for rationality! Only one thing will grant him the necessary drive to survive! Panic! Panic as hard as possible!

He rapidly plummets downward, stopping abruptly when he reaches the group!

"OH PLEASE HELP ME WHAT IS GOING ON."

"Don't know. Explain, please. Need explanation. Not clairvoyant. Despite appearances."

[Darren will roll: 1]

However, Darren manages but a single "Urk!" as his world becomes pain once again!

[Darren will roll: 3-1]

Followed immediately by a "Gah!" as his soul is seemingly wrenched out of place by some sort of divine spiked crowbar of agony!

"Looks familiar. Bound, perhaps? Try praying. Velusius helpful. Demons also. Try Velusius. Not forbidden. Unlike demons."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:43:02 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:07 am »

Scott shall down the special, grab Mark and head to the trade quarter.
"Onwards! To slaughter!"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:59 am »

Sigmund told to Scott after his unnecessary murderous exclamation:

-Don't exagerate, we want our money back, just that.

And then he asked the barkeep:

-We are looking specifically for someone who disguises himself as a captain to trick people. He is a red-haired short fellow, does it sound familliar to you?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 05, 2013, 09:13:41 am »

Hearing the promise of slaughter Mark's leaves russle and he follows the scott
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:48 am »

Kevin tries to get the captain to tell one of his other stories.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:14 am »

"Uh..."
Darren clears his throat. This certainly was new to him. He wasn't exactly a religious man back in life, and becoming undead didn't make him any more so. But, there was a first time to everything.
"Velusius, god of... Death. Please, I call upon you. Bring me through this time of trial and give me a  chance to prove your power."
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 719