Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557224 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5025 on: June 01, 2013, 10:32:50 am »

[GHOST SHIP YEAH! Love that crazy ass captain.]

Morton sighed, following Kevin seeing as their time was just being wasted here. "Thank you for telling us the facts Ma'am. I wish you calm seas and clear skies, as they say." He sounded a little dejected, but once off the ship he perks back up to his usual optimism. There's still the ghost ship, and they can always find their money off of the guy. He couldn't of gotten far, no?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:22 am »

((I hope the RNG lets us find that captain wannabe. If he doesn't give our money back, we can use Niklas' cooking skills to "reason" with him))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 01, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

[Can't say I didn't see it coming though. It became obvious the moment that guy in the manor talked about the ship, nothing made sense about the deal after that. Ah, the pains of knowing something OOC that could prevent something IC, but not knowing it IC.

But yeah, Niklas can serve Artiste human again if we find the fake-captain. Just remember to no-one tell Artiste what a human is, as then he might try to eat one of our mages. Or himself. Or the more human looking of us, presumably Sigmund.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: June 01, 2013, 10:51:08 am »

((Shit, Sigmund wants to live! And preferably not as an abomination. When I mentioned using Niklas' skills to "persuade" him I meant something more disgusting. Just think: How can you torture somebody with cooking? I think that Xantalos already knows the answer))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: June 01, 2013, 10:52:36 am »

((Scott will probably just end up vomiting all over him.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: June 01, 2013, 10:54:52 am »

[Ah, I figured Niklas would try to slowly cook him or something. As for your question, the answers are innumerable. Niklas is one of the few people one can think about for using food in horrible, horrible ways to dangerous and disturbing effect.

Also, hah, I swear reading that scene made me laugh for a few minutes straight, it was hilarious.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: June 01, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas, feeling that the atmosphere on the ship is a bit too serious, tries to loosen it up by introducing cake to the equation. His cake, to be exact. He points the box at the mages in some manner, hoping for the best.

"Hey, want some cake?"

"No, th-"

However, this was not actually a question in the strictest sense, or in fact at all, as Niklas just pushes the button on the box. As is customary with magic, there is a flash of light and a blast as Niklas flies backward into a steel wall! As he opens his eyes, he sees what the box has produced.

It is indeed a cake, he sees, though a bit of a strange one at that. Though circular in shape and mostly white in color, it is set apart by two, no, wait, three things about it. For one, the top layer of it looks like soil, and a whole lot of corn appears to be growing from it. Secondly, there is a bit of rustling inside the corn - something alive, Niklas guesses. Thirdly, there is the sound of thrashing from inside the cake, though its firm, moist structure appears to be keeping whatever is inside fairly safe and snug for now.

As the mages look on perplexedly, a tentacle suddenly juts out of the corn, going for the hapless diviner standing next to the lieutenant!

[Grab n' Squeeze: Giant Squid vs. Diviner: 5+2 vs. 2-1]

Well, he certainly didn't predict that, the assembled group thinks as the tentacle quickly wraps around him and lifts him up demonstratively, squeezing a whole lot of stuffing out of him! It's a tad messy, as one might imagine, the diviner's contents splashing on the deck.

"Damn it, that was an intermediate diviner! There's so few of those around!"

Kevin decides that perhaps now would be a good time to leave, quickly making his way to the gangplank, followed by the ever-polite Morton.

"Thank you for telling us the facts Ma'am. I wish you calm seas and clear skies, as they say."

And with that, he and the jester both join Mark on the pier. Scott, meanwhile, asks the Artiste for his preferences on further plans.

"Master... what should we do now? Should we just find another ship or risk everything by taking this one?"

The Artiste views the proceedings with a critical eye.

"Now, though it may look simple to kill three mages, they are from the Black Circle of Magic, and they will probably want their flagship back if we steal it. As such, let's go with some other plan. They're a bit too formidable to mess with, not to mention really numerous. As such, let's get out of here, guys!"

"I thought ya'd never say that!"

The Artiste's attached entourage quickly make their way off the ship, not particularly eager to stay in vicinity of a cake that dangerous. Or a cadre of angry BCM representatives, for that matter.

Sigmund, however, has time and balls for one more question, yet also sufficient wits to step back.

"As you questioned that man, do you know where can we find him? He really owes us an explanation."

However, the lieutenant looks a little busy.

"Mage-hands! Lift whatever's in there right out!"

[Mage-Hand 1 magic roll: 3+1]
[Mage-Hand 2 magic roll: 3+1]

As the mage-hands concentrate, a giant squid quickly rises out of the obfuscating corn, its tentacles swinging wildly as it tries to grasp for nearby terrain!

[Lieutenant magic roll: 6+1]

The lieutenant then gives the creature an intense stare, and a peculiar change seems to come over it. It slowly shifts from its natural darkish tint to a bright orange, then a light red, quickly ascending as the mages weave their magic. As soon as it reaches a respectable distance from the ground, it begins to inflate rapidly. Simultaneously, it also moves sideways for some reason, becoming ever larger and larger, like some kind of squid balloon.

"It appears our investigation will be momentarily suspended," the lieutenant remarks idly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:03 pm »

Well, I guess some people don't know that you have to subdue your food before you eat it.
Ghost ship, then?

To the ghost ship!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: June 01, 2013, 12:51:35 pm »

[Good bye squidloon, you were truly too good for this world.]

Morton sighed, oddly not too surprised at the insanity that was unleashed by Niklas. Well, more surprised at what happened, but not that it was related to Niklas. "Right, with that bit out of the way, what next? I believe the good captain and his ship is still around, he can still take us, although we could try to track down this fraudulent fiend for fortuitous finance." Seeing his question answered by Niklas, he moved on to follow him, calling back to the group. "I'll make sure the ship is still there and arrange for our voyage, good luck with your endeavors and meet us there!"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: June 01, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »

Scott will once again feel like the world is using him for a football and thus will follow the group whilst moping.
After fetching the rest of his money of course.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:52:17 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: June 01, 2013, 01:46:58 pm »

Sigmund asked again the woman:

-Do you know where to find that scammer? I swear that we will stop bothering you, but we need to get our money back.

The leave and go with the rest of the group.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: June 01, 2013, 03:20:12 pm »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas, having watched the diviner get treated like an empty waterskin in the driest desert, begins to walk off. He turns to Sigmund, who appears to still be trying to ask a question.

"Well, I guess some people don't know that you have to subdue your food before you eat it. Ghost ship, then?"

"Hold on there, wise guy," comes the voice of the lieutenant from a short distance away. "You just cost me a diviner. And that is not something I take lying down. Diviners are hard to find."

Sigmund, though it feels a tad awkward, decides that he had best head off this train of thought before it gets to unpleasant places.

"Do you know where to find that scammer? I swear that we will stop bothering you, but we need to get our money back."

"Piss off before I hold you personally responsible as well. I'm feeling vindictive. Inconvenience does that to me. Now... wait."

She turns and looks into the distance at the slowly escaping squidloon.

"It should have-"

Said squidloon then explodes loudly into a far-off shower of mollusc viscera, possessing more than a passing resemblance to happy festival fireworks from a less child-friendly world.

"Ah, there it is."

The lieutenant takes a moment to sigh contently as she appreciates the sight of falling cephalopod innards above the calm afternoon sea. Niklas and Sigmund, meanwhile, take the opportunity to abscond quickly before she turns back around.

Right outside the docks of Shriekpot...

The two undead soon join the group, who haven't gotten terribly far. Morton appears to be going over a plan of further action.

"Right, with that bit out of the way, what next? I believe the good captain and his ship is still around, he can still take us, although we could try to track down this fraudulent fiend for fortuitous finance."

"Well, anybody who wants to give it a shot, do so. But I guess a ship is a bit more important at this juncture, so we'll go with that."

"I'll make sure the ship is still there and arrange for our voyage, good luck with your endeavors and meet us there!"

"No need, we'll be going with you! You see, what I've learned from this experience is that if we want to accomplish something, you need supervision. And besides, we still owe the ghost captain a ship makeover if we want a ride on it. Will do us some good, to boot!"

"Man, I'm feeling inspired now. Gods, I was actually on the Bargain of Ages. Damn!"

The whole group then move quickly to the ghost ship. Scott even manages a good mope on the way, cradling his two-thirds full money box after receiving it from the Artiste. They reach the ship soon enough.

Yep, still there, dilapidated as ever!

"Hit me, Evelyn."

"Will do."

[Evelyn magic roll: 3]

A tiny spark jumps from Evelyn's fingers to Erin.

"What, that's it? Come on, now! Y'can do better!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: June 01, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »

Sigmund, not willing to stand in this place watching people work, told the rest of the group.

-What about if, while the mages do their stuff, we hunt down that scammer? He owes us both money and time.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: June 01, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »

"Oi, you lot! Any chance you could magic up the ship a bit to make me feel better? I'll pay you...."
Scott will also try and find a way of discretely seeing Bernie 'slip' into the water.
He will then hand the money box back to the Artiste...gently. He will then whip out his knife and harry Sigmund into town, to check the taverns for the treacherous rogues.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 719