Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557236 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5010 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »

Sigmund just listens at the conversation.

((No idea what to post))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: May 31, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »

((Flank the woman for me? :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: May 31, 2013, 02:04:54 pm »

On the lower decks of the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas feels like being risky today.

"Full random. Surprise me."

"Will do."

The golem quickly disappears. The sound of work from the kitchen doesn't subside in any way, though there certainly is a bit more of a commotion for a bit. Five minutes later, it returns and hands Niklas a small box through the slot. It has a button on top of it.

"Push the button and the box will open. Cake was too large to fit through slot otherwise. Warning: object inside is far larger than appearances indicate. Open in non-cramped conditions."

Hm. Quite an efficient kitchen.

On the deck of the Bargain of Ages...

Scott slips his poisoned knife, carefully wiped on his shirt, up his sleeve, then explains the situation beyond a shadow of a doubt.

"And for the last time no! I don't have the means, need or stupidity to sabotage a ship of which I arranged passage on! Dammit, tell us what this is about already!"

The diviner shrugs and nods half-heartedly. The lieutenant looks at him quizzically, then he leans in and whispers something to her. She nods at last.

"Very well. All of you are now free to remove yourselves from this ship and never return again. You have nothing to do with this affair."

"What? We paid for a journey to the Sea of Death."

"The details are too tiresome to discuss and we have much more important things to attend to. Now leave. All of you."

"Aw, shit. We've been had, guys."

"I was wondering why the flagship of the BCM would take passengers, to be honest."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:12:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 31, 2013, 02:16:41 pm »

I knew the tickets were too cheap! Dammit! I demand compensation! I cite your incompetant lax in security leading to a gang of whoever duping innocent members of the public into handing over gold in good faith.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 31, 2013, 02:56:37 pm »

Niklas returns to the deck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:00 pm »

Sigmund reinforced what Scott said, albeit in a calmer tone:

-You should do something about our situation. We have been deprived form the money with which we could have payed an actual trip.

EDIT:

((Who wants to hunt down that scum who scammed us? I do))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 31, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

(My blankie and his neck want to be friends))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:31 pm »

Morton listened to the back and forth, before sighing. Things didn't go smoothly this time, things rarely seem to go smoothly. Maybe the captain is still on the galley? He could still take them, could he not?

Either way, he felt he was quiet long enough, perhaps he could appeal to the mage. "I'm dreadfully sorry good Lieutenant for the way my friend acted, but please, could we at the least know as to what transpired? We've lost good coin due to what seemed to be a fraudulent deal, and we'd greatly appreciate any information, at least maybe on the whereabouts of our fraud? We'd appreciate to get our money back at the least for your, and our, wasted time."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 31, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »

Mark gets of the boat and waits for the others to argue the point for him
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: June 01, 2013, 02:31:42 am »

On the deck of the Bargain of Ages...

Scott, his usefulness compromised by this latest turn of events, vents his great outrage!

"I knew the tickets were too cheap! Dammit! I demand compensation! I cite your incompetent lax in security leading to a gang of whoever duping innocent members of the public into handing over gold in good faith."

Sigmund opts to agree, though in a bit of a more reasonable tone.

"You should do something about our situation. We have been deprived of the money with which we could have payed an actual trip."

The lieutenant doesn't appear particularly empathetic.

"I don't see why we should compensate you for your own rather poor decisions."

Seeing that the events aren't exactly favorable at the present time, Morton speaks up at last.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, good Lieutenant, for the way my friend acted, but please, could we at the least know as to what transpired? We've lost good coin due to what seemed to be a fraudulent deal, and we'd greatly appreciate any information, at least maybe on the whereabouts of our fraud? We'd appreciate to get our money back at the least for your, and our, wasted time."

"To put it simply, you were scammed by somebody who pretended to be this ship's captain offering what seems to have been a very cheap price for a trip anywhere, capitalizing on the average citizen's ignorance of magical ships and their owners to obtain some easy money. We questioned said man several hours ago, and we managed to establish that he is in no way related to what we are investigating. And it is there that our interest in him ends and yours only begins. As a result, there is no overlap of interest between us. Now leave."

Just as she says that, Niklas and the amiable mage-hand walk out of the deeper recesses of the ship. Niklas supposes he hasn't missed much, really. And Mark's about to leave as well.

The lieutenant, seemingly remembering something, looks at the other mage-hand.

"Release the skeleton."

The mage-hand stops staring at Kevin and turns away, causing him to plummet to the deck. The jester lands rather well on the soft deck, sinking into the floor, then being unceremoniously pushed back out. Silly magical flooring.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:40:14 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: June 01, 2013, 02:52:54 am »

Hey, want some cake?
Point the box in their direction and push the button.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: June 01, 2013, 03:11:31 am »

Hearing Niklas offer a cake Mark gets off the boat sits down on the pier and readied his popcorn for the !!FUN!!
hoping that it wouldnt be like last time.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: June 01, 2013, 03:20:55 am »

"Master...What should we do now? Should we just find another ship or risk everything by taking this one."

Scott glowers at Bernie, almost daring him to say something.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:32:51 am by Innsmothe »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: June 01, 2013, 06:41:12 am »

((We're going with the ghost ship! Wooo!))
Kevin decides that he's spent too long on this goddamn ship, so he quickly leaves and waits outside for the rest.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: June 01, 2013, 08:54:23 am »

Sigmund tried to get at least some useful information from the woman:

-As you questioned that man, do you know where can we find him? He really owes us an explanaition.

Sigmund also takes some steps back from Niklas, just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 719