Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557245 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4995 on: May 31, 2013, 07:00:01 am »

"I have never been in this ship in the entirety of creation! Damn, necrophobes!"
Scott scowls at the wench.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:03:11 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:21 am »

mark looks around for some fishing gear
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: May 31, 2013, 07:13:09 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Scott takes quite a bit of offense at being called a liar. He scowls at the lieutenant.

"I have never been in this ship in the entirety of creation! Damn, necrophobes!"

The adjutant shakes his head and the lieutenant immediately continues.

"No, you are most certainly lying about that. It is a bold-faced lie, to be sure, but ultimately transparent. The question is, why do you lie if you aren't the culprit? Did you do anything with the ship while you were first here?"

Scott suddenly feels somebody come up behind him and hears a whisper.

"They've got a diviner - guy who's whispering and nodding and whatnot."

"Yeah, fess up, Scotty boy."

Both Erin and Bernie then step back into the group as Mark looks around for fishing gear. Unfortunately, no such thing around that he can see. Guess they don't fish much, mages.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:59 am »

look around for some paper
(mages should have lots of paper)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: May 31, 2013, 08:06:20 am »

"That man is a liar! I swear in the name of my master and those of *list all known deities here and their respective spheres.* that nothing of yours has been taken by me! If he does not stop his foul libel, I will claim his blood as mine!"

Scott will draw his knife and regurgitate the rotten filth he swallowed onto it.

"And you will all be damned before the day I fail to demand compensation for this foul insult!"

(I honestly don;t remember being on the ship before, only outside it. =/)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:08:59 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: May 31, 2013, 09:29:12 am »

Niklas holds the clam up.

Can you make this into anything?
He wasn't the type of guy to desecrate another man's cooking area (save for ninjas), so he'd leave their area alone and beat them in cooking outside it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:57 am »

Sigmund realized that this conversation was getting too hot, so he stopped Scott from doing anything regrettable and said:

-Didn't you came here to ask if we could travel in this ship? Maybe you weren't into the living quarters or anything, but you certainly had to spoke to somebody while being on the deck.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: May 31, 2013, 10:21:37 am »

All I did was speak to someone on the pier, he gave me a writ promising that the ship would be reserved for my master. That. is. all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: May 31, 2013, 10:34:25 am »

On the Bargain of Ages...

Mark, having been denied the superlative joy of angling, looks for some paper instead to wipe away his metaphorical tears of disappointment.

Sadly, there's none of that in plain view either. Guess his metaphorical tears of disappointment will just have to keep welling up in his soul until he realizes he can't live like this anymore. Boy, will that be a hoot and a half.

Meanwhile, Scott figures he'll go for broke.

"That man is a liar! I swear in the name of my master and those of Almiria the Order-Mother, Narcillicus the Artist-Son, Pacitarius the Child of Nature, Rysinia the Maiden of War and Velusius the Middle-Child of Death that nothing of yours has been taken by me! If he does not stop his foul libel, I will claim his blood as mine!"

[Regurgitation roll: 1]

He sticks his fingers down his throat theatrically and vomits all across his own chest to further demonstrate his point, messing up his clothes and covering them with black fluid. Well, it was a good run, but stereotypical zombiehood has finally caught up to him as it usually tends to with wayward undead. Without wiping his mouth or, indeed, emptying it of all its contents, he continues, a slow trickle of black liquid coming out of the corner of his mouth.

"And *ghlarkt* you will all be *gharkle* damned before the day I *blarkht* fail to demand compensation for this foul insult!"

Ah, that's cleared out his oral cavity rather nicely. His clothes are a bit nasty now, though. Oh well. At least he has his knife! A knife he intends to brandish most menacingly! The woman laughs a bit.

"Don't be stupid - well, more stupid - put that away before you hurt yourself. Let's be serious here."

"Yeah, ya should probably be putting that away, Scott. These guys are BC's."

"Don't back down, Scotty boy! I believe in you! Don't let her treat you this way! You deserve better!"

Sigmund, standing comfortably behind the brewing conflict, has an idea.

"Didn't you came here to ask if we could travel in this ship? Maybe you weren't into the living quarters or anything, but you certainly had to speak to somebody while being on the deck."

"All I did was speak to someone on the pier, he gave me a writ promising that the ship would be reserved for my master. That. Is. All."

The diviner shakes his head. Smug bastard.

On the lower decks of the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas tries to lift up the clam to the slot.

[Strength roll: 2+1-1]

Sadly, one arm is clearly not enough to lift this thing. The eyes of the golem wander down to the clam, twisting strangely in their sockets.

"That is an empty clam."

"Can you make this into anything?"

"It is empty. We do not work with shells. We make elixirs, potions, mutagens and food, when required. Do you require any?"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: May 31, 2013, 10:42:14 am »

Corn, giant squid, and tiger.

In a cake.
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: May 31, 2013, 11:04:11 am »

Sigmund tried to reason with Scott:

-Please, Scott, calm down and think. I think that you had put at least a foot on the deck at some point before you arrived. You shouldn't be discussing about something as silly as that.

He then talked to the lady:

-In case he has been in the ship before, does that change anything? See, he had a terrible day. His lover was transformed into a sheet, which is actually really stressing. I can say that he didn't feel the need to steal anything, as I really don't think he knew what could be stolen from this ship in the first place.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: May 31, 2013, 11:29:53 am »

Scott will try to apply the crap all over his nice clothes upon the dagger.
"I actually can't recall whether or not I actually boarded the ship, I just remember the writ. But I can say with god assured certainty, I did take nothing else."

Scott points his dagger at the 'diviner' and feigns a perverse smile.

"Now...spewer of libel and falsehood, either share the supposed happenings you whisper into your mistresses ear or return to me the wholeness of my name and character, fail to do either and I will take all I could want of your person."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:35:24 am by Innsmothe »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: May 31, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »

On the lower decks of the Bargain of Ages...

Niklas, realizing that he probably can indeed ask for anything, asks for what he truly desires most.

"Corn, giant squid, and tiger."

... dramatic pause of culinary magnificence...

"In a cake."

"State your preference - specific parameters, such as alive, dead, restrained, unrestrained, imprisoned, method of preparation, or random parameters?"

On the main deck of the Bargain of Ages...

Sigmund tries to talk Scott out of doing anything he might regret later.

"Please, Scott, calm down and think. I think that you had put at least a foot on the deck at some point before you arrived. You shouldn't be discussing about something as silly as that."

However, this doesn't seem to be working quite well enough. In fact, Scott doesn't seem to really be listening to him. Okay, different approach. He turns to the lieutenant.

"In case he has been in the ship before, does that change anything? See, he had a terrible day. His lover was transformed into a sheet, which is actually really stressing. I can say that he didn't feel the need to steal anything, as I really don't think he knew what could be stolen from this ship in the first place."

"I actually can't recall whether or not I actually boarded the ship, I just remember the writ. But I can say with god assured certainty, I did take nothing else."

The diviner nods.

"We do know he hasn't stolen anything. And it does appear that he doesn't quite recall. Hm."

"Now... spewer of libel and falsehood, either share the supposed happenings you whisper into your mistresses ear or return to me the wholeness of my name and character, fail to do either and I will take all I could want of your person."

The diviner looks at him, blinks slowly and mouths several words silently. Scott can't quite tell what they are, but there's at least two O's in it, judging by the way he expressively forms them. And there's something vaguely derisive about that look of his.

"Seriously, stop pointing that thing or I will take measures. Answer this question - did you tamper with anything the first time you were on the ship?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: May 31, 2013, 12:25:57 pm »

Full random. Surprise me.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: May 31, 2013, 12:33:48 pm »

Scott will slip the knife up his sleeve.
"And for the last time no! I don't have the means, need or stupidity to sabotage a ship of which I arranged passage on! Dammit, tell us what this is about already!"

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:35:48 pm by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 719